Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required (43934 Views)

Farmers Your Advice Is Needed Pls / See Gov. Rochas Okorocha Eating Cucumber In My Farm (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by debeey87(m): 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
Good job chief
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
world1:
Am following you seriously
mercylicious:
@Jethro, u too much.
I love murano.
debeey87:
Good job chief
debeey87:
Good job chief
Thank you
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Pappyshoes(m): 8:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Present sir.Paying attention.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2014
The Hybrid Cucumber fruiting at 5 weeks. The pointsett variety is just flowering while the marketer is about to flower. All will be 5 weeks on saturday 1st. The attached picture is of the Hybrid Murano F2

2 Likes

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2014
I am comparing the growth rate, the yield and profitability of planting different varieties of cucumber. All the seeds are Technisem products. The varieties we are comparing are Hybrid Murano F2, Pointsett and Marketer variety

2 Likes

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by christian11(m): 2:48am On Nov 02, 2014
jethro2:
I am comparing the growth rate, the yield and profitability of planting different varieties of cucumber. All the seeds are Technisem products. The varieties we are comparing are Hybrid Murano F2, Pointsett and Marketer variety
Following, infact, addicted 2 dis thread
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 02, 2014
I think you need water to avoid your fruit from bending or curving because of this dry season. I will teach people how to to staking in the nearest future . Well done
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 6:57am On Nov 04, 2014
Harvested Cucumber at 5weeks 3days. The Murano F2.

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 7:06am On Nov 04, 2014
The Other varieties are flowering

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by myola(m): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2014
world1:

A friend told me today about a selective herbicide for cucumber so I will test it with a small potion of the farm and see what up next week.
pls sir have you experimented on the selective herbicide for cucumber as promised? I would like to know d result sir. I'm interested
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by christian11(m): 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
jethro2:
Harvested Cucumber at 5weeks 3days. The Murano F2.
Please, how much is this Murano F2 species, and how can I buy one. I stay in d east. Finally, what is d yield like, I mean on average, about how many cucumbers do u think a stem can produce.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by touchmeder: 8:23am On Nov 05, 2014
jethro2:
The Hybrid Cucumber fruiting at 5 weeks. The pointsett variety is just flowering while the marketer is about to flower. All will be 5 weeks on saturday 1st. The attached picture is of the Hybrid Murano F2
wow dis seemed quite easy n rather fast. Well done op. I'm sure u hv a ready market for ur cucumbers. Thanks for sharing ur journey; very selfless of u.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
christian11:

Please, how much is this Murano F2 species, and how can I buy one. I stay in d east. Finally, what is d yield like, I mean on average, about how many cucumbers do u think a stem can produce.
Thanks in anticipation.
Murano F2 from agritropic is N5500 for 50gramms.
The contact no i know is 08030886296. Mr Dayo. He can possibly link you with their representative in the east.
I cant categorically answer the yield question. The picture was my first harvest. I planted 8acres. After full harvest i will be able to give more guidelines but not specific answer
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
touchmeder:
wow dis seemed quite easy n rather fast. Well done op. I'm sure u hv a ready market for ur cucumbers. Thanks for sharing ur journey; very selfless of u.
Thank you very much.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by christian11(m): 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
jethro2:

The contact no i know is 08030886296. Mr Dayo. He can possibly link you with their representative in the east.
I cant categorically answer the yield question. The picture was my first harvest. I planted 8acres. After full harvest i will be able to give more guidelines but not specific answer
Thanks man... Looking forward 2 d yield analysis.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by christian11(m): 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
jethro2:

Thanks man... Looking forward 2 d yield analysis, and your staking procedures. I want to compare d yield of this murano spp with my species over here which have still no flowers after three weeks and some days. Very dumb species. I go soon port lol...
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Kalusam(m): 9:04am On Nov 06, 2014
Chris abeg port to Murano ooo, so you go follow jethro drive Murano soon cheesy
christian11:

Thanks man... Looking forward 2 d yield analysis, and your staking procedures. I want to compare d yield of this murano spp with my species over here which have still no flowers after three weeks and some days. Very dumb species. I go soon port lol...

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 9:35am On Nov 06, 2014
christian11:

You are highly welcome. Seed alone can not determine the growth rate. The soil type, pest and insects in the environment, fertilizer application, water application are some of the factors that also affects the germination rate of your crop. The Murano is fast but i m thinking the size should be bigger than that. When the other varieties are out , i will be able to compare.

2 Likes

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by christian11(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
Kalusam:
Chris abeg port to Murano ooo, so you go follow jethro drive Murano soon cheesy
Lol... I no fit wait jare.... U too.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by world1(m): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2014
myola:

pls sir have you experimented on the selective herbicide for cucumber as promised? I would like to know d result sir. I'm interested
My brother it didn't work. I lost the few cucumber I tested it on.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 11:38am On Nov 07, 2014
world1:

My brother it didn't work. I lost the few cucumber I tested it on.
Sorry about your cucumber. Thanks for sharing. I have earlier read that there id no selective pesticide for vegetables. The practical confirms it. It has to be manual weeding
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Juliana7: 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
@ jethro. What time is d right time to apply fertilizer on cucumber. I read ppl talk about staking, did u stake ur cucumber?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
Juliana7:
@ jethro. What time is d right time to apply fertilizer on cucumber. I read ppl talk about staking, did u stake ur cucumber?
I applied NPK 2 weeks after planting. I also applied liquid fertilizer when its start flowering between 4 _ 5 weeks. Fertilizer application time varies for varieties. Soil fertility is one of the factors to be considered.
Yes I have read and heard it too. I didn't stake this present one but planning to stake for next cucumber planting
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Bhurlagy(m): 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
What about spraying insectide and how can one stake.
jethro2:

I applied NPK 2 weeks after planting. I also applied liquid fertilizer when its start flowering between 4 _ 5 weeks. Fertilizer application time varies for varieties. Soil fertility is one of the factors to be considered.
Yes I have read and heard it too. I didn't stake this present one but planning to stake for next cucumber planting
What about spraying insectide and how can one stake.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Bhurlagy(m): 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
@jethro2 nd world1 nd others. Is compulsory i make ridges for my cucumber and how many seed pa hole. At what time should i start applying insectide. For those in ijebu ode of ogun state,when can we plant next year.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 9:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
Bhurlagy:
What about spraying insectide and how can one stake.What about spraying insectide and how can one stake.
Most insecticides don't work with most vegetables, cucumber included. My cucumber start having pest by second week after planting. The first application was effective. Subsequent ones was not. The insects became resistants' to the pesticide we are using. There is no sure method for insects and pest control
Stake is when you make some stands for the cucumber to crawl on. Like we do for Ugu vegetable and some tomato varieties. Instead of spreading on the soil they spread and crawl on the stake
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
Bhurlagy:
@jethro2 nd world1 nd others. Is compulsory i make ridges for my cucumber and how many seed pa hole. At what time should i start applying insectide. For those in ijebu ode of ogun state,when can we plant next year.
Ridges help to reduce weeding. Its not compulsory but advisable to make ridges.
Apply insecticide once you start seeing insects. At times the leaf will start having holes. These are made by the insects.
Cucumber can be planted anytime of the year provided you can wet or supply water of minimum of an inch per day to your crop. It requires a well drained soil and lots of sunshine
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Juliana7: 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
Thanks jethro, for ur swift response, u ve been resource to me. Pls sir, how is d liquid fertilizer applied on crops, i only know about d granuled ones
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
Juliana7:
Thanks jethro, for ur swift response, u ve been resource to me. Pls sir, how is d liquid fertilizer applied on crops, i only know about d granuled ones
You are highly welcome
Its usually mixed with some quantity of water.
For instance, the recommendation for GNLD Pro grow that we use is 16 litre water + 3 Spoonful of the liquid fertilizer for an acre of cucumber
Each liquid fertilizer has its own application uses
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by christian11(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
jethro2:

You are highly welcome
Its usually mixed with some quantity of water.
For instance, the recommendation for GNLD Pro grow that we use is 16 litre water + 3 Spoonful of the liquid fertilizer for an acre of cucumber
Each liquid fertilizer has its own application uses
But is it harmful to the leaves, does the fertilizer affect d leaves when sprayed on top of d plants.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 6:26am On Nov 09, 2014
christian11:

But is it harmful to the leaves, does the fertilizer affect d leaves when sprayed on top of d plants.
Liquid fertilizer is not harmful to the leaf.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World’s First Electric Driverless Tractors Launched (Pictures) / A Day Old Chicks (broiler, Pullet, Cockerel And Turkey) Are For Sale In Ibadan / This Long Python Was Killed On The Farm Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.