Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Retention Of Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Retention Of Passport (6998 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Passport Retention By Uk Embassy / Need Help With Translation Of Passport Page To Russian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hello House,yesterday i was at the uk vfs to pick my application .Upon opening the package,i discovered my passport was not inside,but the note inside the pack said my passport has been retained because it had counterfeit Nigerian and Ghana immigration stamps. Though prior to my applying for a uk visa,last year i gave my passport to an agent to help me stamp on it to show fat i had a little travel history.The note further said enquiries will be undertaken before the passport will be forwarded to Nigeria immigration abuja..Dont know what to do now.
Re: Retention Of Passport by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kunleoduwole: Hello House,yesterday i was at the uk vfs to pick my application .Upon opening the package,i discovered my passport was not inside,but the note inside the pack said my passport has been retained because it had counterfeit Nigerian and Ghana immigration stamps. Though prior to my applying for a uk visa,last year i gave my passport to an agent to help me stamp on it to show fat i had a little travel history.The note further said enquiries will be undertaken before the passport will be forwarded to Nigeria immigration abuja..Dont know what to do now.

Congratulations! I'm happy for you...smh

7 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by Vicjustice: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kunleoduwole: Hello House,yesterday i was at the uk vfs to pick my application .Upon opening the package,i discovered my passport was not inside,but the note inside the pack said my passport has been retained because it had counterfeit Nigerian and Ghana immigration stamps. Though prior to my applying for a uk visa,last year i gave my passport to an agent to help me stamp on it to show fat i had a little travel history.The note further said enquiries will be undertaken before the passport will be forwarded to Nigeria immigration abuja..Dont know what to do now.
Only in Nigeria you see Syndicates calling themselves "Agents", Criminals calling themselves "Consultants", Touts calling themselves "Connection-men", Nuisances calling themselves "Hustlers", Scammers calling themselves "Smart-guys", Thieves calling themselves "Guy-men" Extortioners calling themselves "Business-men" and Document-forgers calling themselves "Bank-Insiders".
Next time, beware of "agents": that is if there will ever be a next time since you have been banned for 10 years.

9 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2014

Good for you. You and your agents are frauds and i hope Nigerian government or the countries you claimed to have visited would lock you up for life.

Nonsense. Good for you

5 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations! I'm happy for you...smh

Dont mind him. Nigerians are very good at using their own hands to shut their own door to success

2 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by esteltiarra: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2014

You have been banned from the UK and it attracts 10years........why did you give your passport to an agent to put fake stamps undecided

4 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by texaco1: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
Funny thread . Op ,go find that agent and lock him up for 10years

1 Like

Re: Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Feeling so dejected now,so pls advise me what to do,should i apply for a new passport incase i want to travel to another country.
Re: Retention Of Passport by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kunleoduwole: Feeling so dejected now,so pls advise me what to do,should i apply for a new passport incase i want to travel to another country.

So that your agent can put fake stamps on it and continue to give us Nigerians a bad image?Stay away from passports and stamps and crayons

5 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
jennykadry:

So that your agent can put fake stamps on it and continue to give us Nigerians a bad image?Stay away from passports and stamps and crayons
i think i have learnt a bitter lesson.But seriously what can i do incase i want to apply to another country,do you advise i get a new passport or try and collect the one with the stamp.i don't intend to give to any agent again..
Re: Retention Of Passport by Afam4eva(m): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kunleoduwole: i think i have learnt a bitter lesson.But seriously what can i do incase i want to apply to another country,do you advise i get a new passport or try and collect the one with the stamp.i don't intend to give to any agent again..
I just hope you've really learned your lesson because Nigerians rarely learn and that is why there has been a high failures rates in JAMB and WAEC in recent times.
Re: Retention Of Passport by Lexusgs430: 3:25am On Sep 21, 2014
There is nothing you can do, but await your faith. Your old passport, will most likely be blacklisted along with your name and not forgetting your 10 year uk ban.
And when you apply for another visa in the future, after your passport has been reissued, and the question is asked, 'have you ever applied for any visa previously'? Don't forget to answer 'YES' and also state why you were refused.

2 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hope people will learn from your story and not just insults.sorry you feel dejected but that's how it is when you put a story like this out.there is no easy way to success.sit and ponder on this sad issue

1 Like

Re: Retention Of Passport by Goldenboy007(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Young man, you knew what you were getting into so don't feign ignorance . These embassies know all the tricks in the book because many before you have tried same thing, you won't be the first and you won't be the last. All you can pray now is that you won't be criminally indicted !

1 Like

Re: Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
lovelydamsel: Hope people will learn from your story and not just insults.sorry you feel dejected but that's how it is when you put a story like this out.there i no easy way to success.sit and ponder on this sad issue
.Thank you damsels,others rather than give you advise on how to remedy the situation,they insult.
Re: Retention Of Passport by justi4jesu(f): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2014

I really feel sorry for you bro, but next time dont ever joke or think of putting any fake stamp or seal on any of your Documents. I know how Agents can sweet talk clients into falling for them, but ask yourself now, "WHERE IS THE AGENT THAT DRAGGED YOUR AS.S INTO THIS MESS"

He's not affected so you alone should carry the cross.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Retention Of Passport by texaco1: 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kunleoduwole: Feeling so dejected now,so pls advise me what to do,should i apply for a new passport incase i want to travel to another country.
yes you can apply for a new one or wait for the embassy outcome .

1 Like

Re: Retention Of Passport by ibe003(m): 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
why do make that kind of mistake, how much will it cost you to visit gahana and come back, it will not cost you more than 20k and you get your passport stamped. You don't need to do another passport because. It not easy to get another passport while you still have your old one, they will give you but you will pass a lot of query. I hate all this so called agents,

1 Like

Re: Retention Of Passport by sleeky8(m): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
I need help pls my passport has a wrong age, I did it jan dis year is it possible this can be rectify and hhow much will this cost?.
Re: Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
sleeky8: I need help pls my passport has a wrong age, I did it jan dis year is it possible this can be rectify and hhow much will this cost?.
you will have to visit the immigration office in Abuja to do that.
Re: Retention Of Passport by sleeky8(m): 7:50am On Sep 22, 2014
Kunleoduwole: you will have to visit the immigration office in Abuja to do that.

Thanks for your response but do you have an idea of how much it will cost?
Re: Retention Of Passport by pansophist(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2014
I am very sure he also payed for the fake stamp on his passport lol grin

1 Like

Re: Retention Of Passport by blank(f): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2014
This is the silliest story i have heard in a long time.

I hope you are arrested when you go and apply for a new one.
Re: Retention Of Passport by Floorme: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
blank: This is the silliest story i have heard in a long time.

I hope you are arrested when you go and apply for a new one.

is it a must for you to comment? if you don't have any meaniful thing to say why dont you keep quiet ..
at least d guy don Bleep up, so you need not to add more fuel to fire.... abi how dat one fit affect your life if them arrest am.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by blank(f): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Floorme:

is it a must for you to comment? if you don't have any meaniful thing to say why dont you keep quiet ..
at least d guy don Bleep up, so you need not to add more fuel to fire.... abi how dat one fit affect your life if them arrest am.. angry

Birds of a feather. Won't be surprised to find out that you are the agent that got him into trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Retention Of Passport by Floorme: 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
blank:

Birds of a feather. Won't be surprised to find out that you are the agent that got him into trouble.

(birds of a feather..which bird...eagle,parrot,) grin indeed lol.....shey the OP tell you say na me give am fake visa ni abi i look like one ni?

e b like say you no get work abi...park well abegi grin
Re: Retention Of Passport by tpia1: 3:41am On Sep 23, 2014
last year i gave my passport to an agent to help me stamp on it to show fat i had a little travel history

my passport has been retained because it had counterfeit Nigerian and Ghana immigration stamps.

oh well,
Re: Retention Of Passport by ibe003(m): 6:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
Guy what you will do now is to write to UK embassy request for withdrawal of your passport and know their response, they don't have any reason to seize your passport, they only punishment they will give you is 10 years ban and UK is not only destination you know. When you get your passport you are 100% percent free to apply for any other country try asia or America don't try any EU this moment, do visa by your self its very easy and cheap. Walk to any embassy of your choice ask for visa requirement, get all of them collect your visa. simple, Agents are made for illiterates and ignorant people.
Re: Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 2:22am On Sep 24, 2014
ibe003: Guy what you will do now is to write to UK embassy request for withdrawal of your passport and know their response, they don't have any reason to seize your passport, they only punishment they will give you is 10 years ban and UK is not only destination you know. When you get your passport you are 100% percent free to apply for any other country try asia or America don't try any EU this moment, do visa by your self its very easy and cheap. Walk to any embassy of your choice ask for visa requirement, get all of them collect your visa. simple, Agents are made for illiterates and ignorant people.
.Thank you so much bro,for a favorable response.i have written a letter through an immigration lawyer,I would like to know,if my passport is released can I still use the passport to apply to any country i.e shengen states or should i go ahead to get another passport.
Re: Retention Of Passport by Vicjustice: 7:19am On Sep 24, 2014
Kunleoduwole: .Thank you so much bro,for a favorable response.i have written a letter through an immigration lawyer,I would like to know,if my passport is released can I still use the passport to apply to any country i.e shengen states or should i go ahead to get another passport.
The passport is still valid for visa applications to any country, even for the UK, but the negative thing is that the fake stamps would be the focus of attention, and every visa application could be refused for reason of that.
Now, if you go for a new passport, you would still need to declare your experience with the UK embassy whenever you apply for a visa to any country because, there is a field for travel history as well as previous visa applications:
So, what are you going to answer to the question: "Have you ever been refused a visa to any other country?"
If you answered YES, then you will need to explain the reasons, but if you answered NO (or lied about the reason), you would be banned for using deception.
To be honest, your situation doesn't look good
Re: Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Vicjustice:
The passport is still valid for visa applications to any country, even for the UK, but the negative thing is that the fake stamps would be the focus of attention, and every visa application could be refused for reason of that.
Now, if you go for a new passport, you would still need to declare your experience with the UK embassy whenever you apply for a visa to any country because, there is a field for travel history as well as previous visa applications:
So, what are you going to answer to the question: "Have you ever been refused a visa to any other country?"
If you answered YES, then you will need to explain the reasons, but if you answered NO (or lied about the reason), you would be banned for using deception.
To be honest, your situation doesn't look good
Thank you for the response,I intend getting another passport for any intended future travel.so what do you advise I do whenever am applying to any other country apart from UK..thanks
Re: Retention Of Passport by Vicjustice: 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kunleoduwole: Thank you for the response,I intend getting another passport for any intended future travel.so what do you advise I do whenever am applying to any other country apart from UK..thanks
Simply stay in Nigeria until you are capable to genuinely travel abroad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa / Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? / Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.