Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Retention Of Passport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Retention Of Passport (6995 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Passport Retention By Uk Embassy / Need Help With Translation Of Passport Page To Russian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retention Of Passport by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kunleoduwole: Thank you for the response,I intend getting another passport for any intended future travel.so what do you advise I do whenever am applying to any other country apart from UK..thanks

Mr Man, you cannot get another passport when the other one is still valid. They(Nigeria customs) have you in their system already and they will query why you need another passport.

Second off, I know you are remorseful but you made a very silly mistake very silly one. truth be told no country will be eager to issue you a visa after what you've done so stop trying to apply to other countries cos they will knock you back each time.

Stay in Nigeria for now
Re: Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thank you,I am only seeking advise.
Re: Retention Of Passport by symbian03(m): 9:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kunleoduwole: Thank you,I am only seeking advise.

I feel your pain man but I seriously don't know why people still fall for agents. Most of them are nothing but dupes.
Re: Retention Of Passport by ibe003(m): 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Cool down guy I know how you feel, all man want to fly jet, even me here. But since Bleep up don dey now, just cool down, don't try to do another passport because dey will ask you what happen to old one. And you must bring it. Any why you want do new one because you may think that the fake stamp will still affect you. Don't worry it will not, don't tier any page ooo
Re: Retention Of Passport by saintsola(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2014
Hello House, on Nov 26th i was at the uk vfs to pick my application .Upon opening the package,i discovered my passport was not inside,but the note inside the pack said my passport has been retained "The passport that you were intending to travel with, as detailed above has been retained, as we are not satisfied that the document satisfactorily estabilishes your identity and nationality. This is in view of the fact that a previous UK visa application was made in 2009 using identity consistent with those provided in this application.
Enquires will be undertaken at this office and the document will be forwarded as soon as pratically possible to the Nigerian immigration service in Abuja. The Nigerian immigration service will decide whether further action is required. in these cases, enquiries should be addressed to the Nigerian Immigration Service.".

Please note that this is my first Visa application to UK embassy inspite of my frequent travel to over 17 countries.
Please kindly assist with advice on how to retrieve my passport.
Re: Retention Of Passport by agboolakolade: 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
My dear friend..I was also a victim of this circumstance...a travel agent stamped fake Ghana and Togo immigration stamps on my passport inorder to apply for schengen visa..when I later realise the consequences of the bastard acts...I went to immigration office. in abuja to claim that I lost my passport and I have collected a new one..but it cost me 60k...all you need is police extract and copy of the lost passport then go the immigration office...God will see you through..

1 Like

Re: Retention Of Passport by Westmorgan: 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
am also in the dark shoe of a counterfeit stamp by a fucking agent! I need you to advise me on how to go about it so I can get my passport back ASAP!
Re: Retention Of Passport by Kunleoduwole(m): 11:08am On Jan 03, 2015
agboolakolade:
My dear friend..I was also a victim of this circumstance...a travel agent stamped fake Ghana and Togo hello bro stamps on my pass to apply for schengen visa..when I later realise the consequences of the bastard acts...I went to immigration office. in abuja to claim that I lost my passport and I have collected a new one..but it cost me 60k...all you need is police extract and copy of the lost passport then go the immigration office...God will see you through..
.Hello bro,thanks for the info,and again,have you been able to travel to another country with your new passport..thanks
Re: Retention Of Passport by Lucky4real28(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2015

Good for you. You and your agents are frauds and i hope Nigerian government or the countries you claimed to have visited would lock you up for life.

Nonsense. Good for you
that's too harsh, you dey vex o, anyway that's a 10 year van for him.
Re: Retention Of Passport by xristos(m): 11:42am On May 27, 2019
I do understand the part of self inflicted punishment by using fake agents.....but I have a similar case, Ignorantly, so as to avoid fake stamps with agents, I traveled by road to Ghana using Chisco Transport with a virgin passport, on getting to the embassy my passport was seized aswell...what do I do.
Its a crazy world, I traveled genuinely..and i have pictures and proofs..but they were not sufficient.
Embassy didnt even want to see the proof as phones were not allowed for interview..
please what do i do.....
Sadly, my 2 year old was involved.
Re: Retention Of Passport by bukaldrinio(m): 8:24am On May 28, 2019
so now travelling by land is now crime mmmmmmm...you have to involve immigration lawyer since you are sure and have prove that you actually traveled.....if not they will cause problem for you.......this time arround dey have 1 blacklist window which every embassy will see if anyone blacklisted you because of all this boko boys....travel system is very tough now......please dont relax follow it up immidiately

xristos:
I do understand the part of self inflicted punishment by using fake agents.....but I have a similar case, Ignorantly, so as to avoid fake stamps with agents, I traveled by road to Ghana using Chisco Transport with a virgin passport, on getting to the embassy my passport was seized aswell...what do I do.
Its a crazy world, I traveled genuinely..and i have pictures and proofs..but they were not sufficient.
Embassy didnt even want to see the proof as phones were not allowed for interview..
please what do i do.....
Re: Retention Of Passport by francis00(m): 8:58am On Sep 16, 2019
xristos:
please what do i do.....
My brother I'm in the same ship with you right now, I genuinely traveled to Ghana and I have all the west Africa countries stamp on my passport, even though I sent pic I took to them through their mail, yet I still haven't gotten any response, pls have you gotten yours and what are the steps you took to retrieve your passport, or did you just applied for another passport.
Re: Retention Of Passport by Mega91c: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
francis00:

My brother I'm in the same ship with you right now, I genuinely traveled to Ghana and I have all the west Africa countries stamp on my passport, even though I sent pic I took to them through their mail, yet I still haven't gotten any response, pls have you gotten yours and what are the steps you took to retrieve your passport, or did you just applied for another passport.
———————————————————-
What have you done about it now cos am in a situation like that also is almost 1 year now my passport was seized at the America embassy and was told I there should be an verification on my Ghana travel which I have photos to prove but up till now nothing has been done
Re: Retention Of Passport by Mega91c: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
francis00:

——————————————————————-
What have you done about it now cos am in a situation like that also is almost 1 year now my passport was seized at the America embassy and was told I there should be an verification on my Ghana travel which I have photos to prove but up till now nothing has been done

(1) (2) (Reply)

28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa / Is Madagascar Really Part Of Africa? / 15 Cheap Hotels In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.