Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,476 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:09 PM

Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! (53719 Views)

Funny Signs (Outside Church) Buildings / Belligerent Atheists. Lets See If These Prophesys Will Confound And Amaze You / Are Expensive Church Buildings Really Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by obayaya(m): 7:05am On Sep 21, 2014
onecola: BRIEF HISTORY / PROFILE

The foundation stone of this cathedral was laid on 9th November, 1949 by His Excellency Sir John Stewart Macpherson, Governor general of Nigeria. The Cathedral was built in phases. The Lady Chapel was dedicated in 1952 by the Rt. Rev. A.M. Gelsthorpe, the Bishop in Sudan. The glass windows on either side of the sanctuary were dedicated by the Most Rev. Dr. Geoffrey Fisher, Archbishop of Canterbury on 25th September, 1960 and on 9th January, 1965. The sanctuary, High Altar and the Transeptal Tower were consecrated by the Most Rev. Michael Ramsey, Archbishop of Canterburey. The cathedral structure stood up sturdily to the pounding of the Nigerian civil war but the furniture was affected. Between 1972 and 1973, attention was devoted to various needed repairs. This was during the time of Rt. Rev Lucius Madubuko Uzodike. The Most Rev Dr. J.A. Onyemelukwe started his ministry as the Bishop on the Niger in 1975 with the challenge to complete the Cathedral. By 1982, the auxiliary offices were in use and considerable progress has been made over the chapter House. The foundation stone of the Bell Tower was laid in 1991 and the remaining part of the same was completed in November 1992.

On 1st November, 1992, the completed Cathedral was dedicated for worship by the Archbishop of church of Nigeria, His Grace, the Most Rev. Joseph Abiodun Adetiloye assisted by the Most Rev. Dr. J.A. Onyemelukwe and other bishops of the Church of Nigeria.

All saints cathedral, Onitsha!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by cegxie(m): 7:06am On Sep 21, 2014
Great edifices... Though nothing still compares to the church @ heart...

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by roufy235(m): 7:08am On Sep 21, 2014
awesome
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Youngzedd(m): 7:09am On Sep 21, 2014
eniyebaba: These are so beautiful but not to be compared with heaven

Have you been there before?

What kind of structures do they build there?

Can one browse the internet in heaven?

Tell me all you know about heaven, I will be glad to know.
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Kcdojoto(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2014
All saints cathedral Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by sleekdre: 7:16am On Sep 21, 2014
No Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris? This list isn't complete my friend...You need to behold that church abeg!!

2 Likes

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 21, 2014
Architectural wondder
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by freshness2020: 7:30am On Sep 21, 2014
generalissimo: Happy Birthday! grin
Thank sir!
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by timilehing(m): 7:36am On Sep 21, 2014
Build amazing structures if your congregations are not suffering!!
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by QAPHAYNE: 7:48am On Sep 21, 2014
Okudiover: grin grin grin grin All these fine foreign structures please don't give Boko haram more ideas that can BLOW their minds and later the buildings.

grin

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by tomiobj(m): 7:49am On Sep 21, 2014
QAPHAYNE: JUBILEE CHURCH
. and sadly the people goin there use padlock on their dunlops
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2014
booked
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by QAPHAYNE: 7:50am On Sep 21, 2014
sleekdre: No Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris? This list isn't complete my friend...You need to behold that church abeg!!

My brother why not share the pix here. There is no way I would know all of them. Thanks for viewing
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by naijafury: 8:13am On Sep 21, 2014
EternalBeing: Nice fascinating structures, but Holy Spirit prefers to dwell in you than in cathedrals and synagogues. Remember that currently (through satan or GOD)only the genuinely spiritual amount to something great in this generation. GOD is still very much in the business of making people celebrities. Chronicles 16:9 says "The eyes of GOD runs to and fro the earth seeking those HE can" make celebrities; holiness is the price. GOD (as HE did with Ben Carlson, D. K. Olukoya, etc. making them great today and tomorrow in the hereafter) and satan (as he did with... u know who, promises them today but no tomorrow because he knows they'll end in hellfire); both are still seriously looking for souls. True Love is still very real despite the fact that the devil has wrongfully programmed a lot of people's mind to live like dogs having multiple partners under self-deceit that true love does not exist. Get the mystery in Gen 2:24-25; Have sex only with 1 person you've chosen to "marry" because Sex=Marriage, the ceremony is not the marriage, Sex is the Marriage . If you've had sex with multiple partners, u r guity of polygamy ask your Creator for forgiveness. Paul said for those that can't hold yourself... fast and pray, search for your soulmate, and start sexing=united Destiny. Marriage is NOT the ceremony and gathering of people NO! Read Genesis 2:24-25 to understand the Spiritual Mystery that Sex=Marriage. Whether u r 18 or 30, choose just one and GOD will prosper d union if both of u stay faithful to each other for d rest of ur lives. GOD created sex for us as a covenant Sweet bond between 2 persons that have chosen to become 1 (Sex=Marriage. Read Genesis 2:24-25 says "they cleave to become 1 and they were Unclad" . Understand the mystery that devil wants u to keep denying for the rest of their life). devil has deceived so many by trivializing Sex. Sex is grossly spiritual, whether you are a guy or girl, the person u give acess to your Private Part can easily destroy your Life and Destiny permanently. Remember, there's no physical way to identify a demon infested witch/wizard in church or in club; that girl, that guy u r planning/craving to have sex with might just be one. So, totally give your Life to JESUS and pray HIM to guide you to your own wife/husband, and HE surely will. Sex is the worst weapon that devil is using to destroy wonderful youths with Glorious Destiny in this End Time. BE WISE!
My dear do not decieve and do not allow yourself to be decieved by people who seek massive congregation by any means necessary. The phrase 'chosen to marry' does not mean you are not already married, it refers to the person you have committed to in marriage and it shall be just one person. It's just like saying 'the job you have chosen to do', you are already in the job and you have to do it well. Chosen is never used if there is no confirmation of a choice. Marriage is the only uniting force (man/woman) acceptable to God. Apostle Paul said that one should marry if 'you no fit hold body'. Any sex outside marriage is fornication/adultry and Yahweh frowns at it. In a nutshell, let's stop advertising our libido on nairaland. Happy sunday saints.

2 Likes

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by EternalBeing: 8:18am On Sep 21, 2014
ugoezeik: very good write my bro. itz me u really wrote dis for honestly because am guilty of it but am praying God to fgiv me
My Brother, I thank your Creator for keeping u alive, no power can kill until u open doors to them thru sin, it gives them legal ground and authority over people's life and destiny. I also thank GOD for giving u a repentant heart, so MANY youths r enslaved by immorality, yet they make it difficult for GOD to help them by being self-deceptive as a result of pride. GOD is not wicked, that's why falling does not destroy, yes falling does not destroy. It is pride that destroys, when u feel too proud to go on ur knees to beg ur Creator for forgiveness and help to be holy, know that "Pride goeth before destruction"
GOD was not coursing us when HE says "He that covereth his sin shall not prosper, but he that confess and forsake it shall have Mercy" Prov 28:13, it's becauae sin grants devil the loophole to always siphon good things out from people lives. You shall surely prosper in the fulfillment of your Glorious Destiny IJN.

Do opposite sex flock around u like bees and ur friends are praising you?! They say "wow! u have eviable head that magnetizes girls/guys" and u r happy?! JESUS!!! Go on ur knees in ur room, weep and pray vehemently that GOD should help u to keep the Glorious Virture that the devil has angrily setout to waste from ur Life. It means u have a Great Destiny to fulfill on Earth here but devil is all out to ensure u endup as a wasted useless nonentity! If u don't know ur own GODgiven purpose yet PLEASE buy and read these 2 books ASAP: The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren and Following GOD's plan for Your Life by Kenneth Haggin; I read them and my life turned around voteaface. I look forward to see u on top of this world fulfilling ur Glorious Destiny, and meeting again in Heaven to celebrate our eternal Glorious YAHWEH. Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Waoow.....masterpiece
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 21, 2014
justi4jesu: And where is Canaan Land, Winners Chapel cheesy
Canaanland is in Ogun state, Ota,Idiroko to be precise

2 Likes

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by justi4jesu(f): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2014
SAVEDBABA: Canaanland is in Ogun state, Ota,Idiroko to be precise

So? Meaning say we no follow angry angry
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by gistmelove(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2014
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2014
justi4jesu:

So? Meaning say we no follow angry angry
nope,I jst felt like writing *smiles*
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by justi4jesu(f): 8:47am On Sep 21, 2014
SAVEDBABA: nope,I jst felt like writing *smiles*

lol...Go to church.. tongue
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Articul8(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2014
justi4jesu: And where is Canaan Land, Winners Chapel cheesy
E dey Sango-Ota,Ogun State.
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2014
justi4jesu:

lol...Go to church.. tongue
yes mummy
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by justi4jesu(f): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2014
Articul8: E dey Sango-Ota,Ogun State.

Realllyyyy....i miss it Big time cry cry Pray for me.
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by sophy17(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2014
freshness2020: Amazing pieces of art!
....cos in the house of the Lord there is Joy and liberty!

Pls don't get it all wrong. When your heart is clean with GOD, then it is the house of the Lord where 'there is joy n liberty. The house of the Lord is not in a building of some sort but only a place of worship.
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by justi4jesu(f): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2014
SAVEDBABA: yes mummy

And don't use your offering to buy ice-cream after church grin grin...
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2014
justi4jesu:

And don't use your offering to buy ice-cream after church grin grin...
lol....mummy I wont
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by freshness2020: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2014
sophy17:

Pls don't get it all wrong. When your heart is clean with GOD, then it is the house of the Lord where 'there is joy n liberty. The house of the Lord is not in a building of some sort but only a place of worship.
I Am not trying to go against the latter! The house of the Lord conforms to in and out of a man! What comes to your mind when King David said "I was happy when they say let's go to the house of the Lord?"
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by therapisteve(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Turkey is in the present day Europe and partly in   Asia.
•Apostle Paul was a citizen of Turkey because Tarsus exists in Turkey.
•Christianity existed in Turkey for about 1,023 years while Christianity has only existed in Nigeria for 172yrs starting from when Rev. Birch Freeman came to Badagry in 1842.
•The seven churches Jesus spoke to in Revelations 2 & 3(Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea,) existed in the old Turkey.
•The disciples were first called Christians in Turkey(Antioch)
•Turkey once had the largest Christian auditorium in Europe called Hagia Sophia in Constantinople.
•Mary the mother of Jesus was taken to Turkey by Apostle John and till date, her room has become a tourist centre.

TURKEY TODAY

•Present day Turkey now has 96% muslims & 0.02% Christians(less than 130,000).
•The Hagia Sophia(once largest church in Europe) was taken over by muslims and converted to a mosque for over 400yrs and later used as an Islamic Museum

WHY CHRISTIANITY COLLAPSED IN TURKEY

•Emphasis on doctrinal differences weakened the Turkish church.
•Rivalries amongst denominations
•Petty politics in church coupled with ethnic biases.
•The Turks were building big cathedrals instead of building men.
HOW IT HAPPENED

•Osman Ghazi discovered the disunity amongst Christians and used it to fight a Jihad that led to a mass genocide of the Armenians, the Hellen and Turks of that day. In fact, the weapon of war used was designed by a Turkish Christian.
•Many Christian women converted to Islam to save their lives and some were raped and killed.
•Osman Ghazi started the Ottoman empire which gave muslims political post and made it a religion of the state.

IS NIGERIA HEADING THE WAY OF TURKEY

•Virtually all the mistakes the church in Turkey made, the Nigerian church has made it.
•We are building Cathedrals at the expense of discipling men.
•Disunity amongst churches
•Ethnicity in the church
•Denominational rivalry, etc.
•Sharp division along doctrinal lines

MORE FACTS

•The spiritual foundation of Turkey is stronger than that of Nigeria and Christianity existed for over 1000yrs in Turkey unlike ours which is just 172yrs but Islam Radicalism uprooted it. If it can happen in Turkey, it can also happen IF we are not careful.
•The menace of Boko Haram has destroyed a lot of churches in the North and it may take another 200yrs to evangelize Borno State alone.
•There is a secret agenda to Islamize Nigeria and other African nations as contained in Abuja declaration of 1989.

DON'T SAY IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE, IF WE DON'T RIGHT OUR WRONGS AS A CHURCH.

SOLUTION

•HEART-FELT Intercession
•Aggressive evangelism- the terrorist reached out to the youths in the norths first and gave them AK-47 and bombs, if we had reached out to them on time,
they'll be carrying BIBLES today.
•Mission support:-God is holding the church responsible for Boko Haram, yet we are blaming the government. If we had supported missions and
missionaries, we would have those insurgents to Christ long ago.
•Unity of the church is key in winning this battle. The last but not the least christians should be actively involve in politics. Enough of these muslims political office holder with islamic agenda.

ARISE CHURCH & LETS DO THE NEEDFUL

Please, send to Bishops, General Overseers, Pastors and all Christians on your contact list.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by uzolexis(f): 9:36am On Sep 21, 2014
Johncuppa:
Tell me sumtin, a church of God bcming a tourist attraction? May d gate of hell neva prevail ova His church. God bles Anglican communion!

What is wrong with a church becoming a tourist attraction?? So many churches in Europe are used for tourism too,tourist come look and sometimes pray
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by uzolexis(f): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2014
sleekdre: No Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris? This list isn't complete my friend...You need to behold that church abeg!!

I agree Cathedral de notre dame should be on the list. St peter's Basilica Rome and Koln cathedrale Germany should be there too. They are exquisite
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by limamintruth: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2014
Johncuppa: Testimony time!
To God be d glory, great tins He has done. On dis day, 21st of september, 2014 being a gud sunday morning I made d 1st sunday/religion/christian fp on nairaland. Praise d Lord! Praise d living Jesus!
Bt why nw? Christians in d world seems nt to care like d 1st church during d apostles era. Why can we av all these gigantic churches sumwia and could nt help christians in oda part of d world facing insurgency? How can they? When even Nigerian churches in d south are nt even bother ow dear wil those in oda world do d needful. Christians! Let's think n be our brother's keeper. Let us remember dat we are one body in d Lord n an injury to one should be an injury to all. Therefore, let's us always remember our brodas n sistas in d northeaster Nigeria. Our praya can go a lng way dan we cn ever imagine.
Lng live Christianity in d world! Lng live christianity in Africa! Lng live christianity in Nigeria!

Nice1 bro. I totally agree wit u on this. Christians worldwide need to stand together in oneness and be supportive towards the less privileged and oppressive ones amongst them. God bless us all & happy sunday to all my christian brethren.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Arsenal Sacking Unai Emery / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.