Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,893 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:10 AM

Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! (53718 Views)

Funny Signs (Outside Church) Buildings / Belligerent Atheists. Lets See If These Prophesys Will Confound And Amaze You / Are Expensive Church Buildings Really Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by aryzgreat: 10:06am On Sep 21, 2014
St Patrick Catholic cathedral Awka. This edifice can be sighted from any angle in Awka. L

5 Likes

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by QAPHAYNE: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2014
limamintruth:

Nice1 bro. I totally agree wit u on this. Christians worldwide need to stand together in oneness and be supportive towards the less privileged and oppressive ones amongst them. God bless us all & happy sunday to all my christian brethren.

Seconded
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by QAPHAYNE: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2014
aryzgreat: St Patrick Catholic cathedral Awka. This edifice can be sighted from any angle in Awka.

Wow thanks man. That building is just woooooow

2 Likes

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by lizlazy(f): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2014
yes o.of the Greatest Ife

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by lizlazy(f): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2014
angelTI:

This church building reminds me of OAU's Amphitheatre...
yes ooo! of the greatest ife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by ugoezeik(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2014
EternalBeing:
My Brother, I thank your Creator for keeping u alive, no power can kill until u open doors to them thru sin, it gives them legal ground and authority over people's life and destiny. Holy Spirit uses me to open peoples's eyes. I also thank GOD for giving u a repentant heart, so MANY youths r enslaved by immorality, yet they make it difficult for GOD to help them by being self-deceptive as a result of pride. [b]GOD is not wicked, that's why falling does not destroy, yes falling does not destroy. It is pride that destroys, when u feel too proud to go on ur knees to beg ur Creator for forgiven and help to be holy know that "Pride goeth before destruction" GOD was not coursing us when HE says "He that covereth his sin shall not prosper, but he that confess and forsake it shall have Mercy" Prov 28:13, it's becauae sin grants devil the loophole to always siphon good things out from people lives. You shall surely prosper in the fulfillment of your Glorious Destiny IJN. Do opposite sex flock around u like bees and ur friends are praising you?! They say "wow! u have eviable head that magnetizes girls/guys" and u r happy?! JESUS!!! Go on ur knees in ur room, weep and pray vehemently that GOD should help u to keep the Glorious Virture that the devil has angrily setout to waste from ur Life. It means u have a Great Destiny to fulfill on Earth here but devil is all out to ensure u endup as a wasted useless nonentity! If u don't know ur own GODgiven purpose yet PLEASE buy and read these 2 books ASAP: The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren and Following GOD's plan for Your Life by Kenneth Haggin; I read them and my life turned around voteaface. I look forward to see u on top of this world fulfilling ur Glorious Destiny, and meeting again in Heaven to celebrate our eternal Glorious YAHWEH. Amen! [/b]

tanx so much bro. God bless u. I pray God to av mercy on me a poor lonely sinner. bro d worst of it is dat each tym I do dis sin us wen I will hate myself. ok, since almost 2wks nw I av bin doing tarry night, but just dis past week a galfrnd came nd I romanced nd kissed her, after dat encounter I hate myself even to ask God for forgiveness I was ashame to do dat. nw wen I read ur second post in d mng I started crying bt cant go down on me kneel because j was ashame of myself because I knw God won't ans my prayer if I should pray. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by RebelLeader15(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2014
therapisteve: Turkey is in the present day Europe and partly in   Asia.
•Apostle Paul was a citizen of Turkey because Tarsus exists in Turkey.
•Christianity existed in Turkey for about 1,023 years while Christianity has only existed in Nigeria for 172yrs starting from when Rev. Birch Freeman came to Badagry in 1842.
•The seven churches Jesus spoke to in Revelations 2 & 3(Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea,) existed in the old Turkey.
•The disciples were first called Christians in Turkey(Antioch)
•Turkey once had the largest Christian auditorium in Europe called Hagia Sophia in Constantinople.
•Mary the mother of Jesus was taken to Turkey by Apostle John and till date, her room has become a tourist centre.

TURKEY TODAY

•Present day Turkey now has 96% muslims & 0.02% Christians(less than 130,000).
•The Hagia Sophia(once largest church in Europe) was taken over by muslims and converted to a mosque for over 400yrs and later used as an Islamic Museum

WHY CHRISTIANITY COLLAPSED IN TURKEY

•Emphasis on doctrinal differences weakened the Turkish church.
•Rivalries amongst denominations
•Petty politics in church coupled with ethnic biases.
•The Turks were building big cathedrals instead of building men.
HOW IT HAPPENED

•Osman Ghazi discovered the disunity amongst Christians and used it to fight a Jihad that led to a mass genocide of the Armenians, the Hellen and Turks of that day. In fact, the weapon of war used was designed by a Turkish Christian.
•Many Christian women converted to Islam to save their lives and some were raped and killed.
•Osman Ghazi started the Ottoman empire which gave muslims political post and made it a religion of the state.

IS NIGERIA HEADING THE WAY OF TURKEY

•Virtually all the mistakes the church in Turkey made, the Nigerian church has made it.
•We are building Cathedrals at the expense of discipling men.
•Disunity amongst churches
•Ethnicity in the church
•Denominational rivalry, etc.
•Sharp division along doctrinal lines

MORE FACTS

•The spiritual foundation of Turkey is stronger than that of Nigeria and Christianity existed for over 1000yrs in Turkey unlike ours which is just 172yrs but Islam Radicalism uprooted it. If it can happen in Turkey, it can also happen IF we are not careful.
•The menace of Boko Haram has destroyed a lot of churches in the North and it may take another 200yrs to evangelize Borno State alone.
•There is a secret agenda to Islamize Nigeria and other African nations as contained in Abuja declaration of 1989.

DON'T SAY IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE, IF WE DON'T RIGHT OUR WRONGS AS A CHURCH.

SOLUTION

•HEART-FELT Intercession
•Aggressive evangelism- the terrorist reached out to the youths in the norths first and gave them AK-47 and bombs, if we had reached out to them on time,
they'll be carrying BIBLES today.
•Mission support:-God is holding the church responsible for Boko Haram, yet we are blaming the government. If we had supported missions and
missionaries, we would have those insurgents to Christ long ago.
•Unity of the church is key in winning this battle. The last but not the least christians should be actively involve in politics. Enough of these muslims political office holder with islamic agenda.

ARISE CHURCH & LETS DO THE NEEDFUL

Please, send to Bishops, General Overseers, Pastors and all Christians on your contact list.
Oshe Baba, Allahu Akbar, I was formerly a Christian born into the Cash And Carry-Church sorry Christ Apostolic Church, but I later converted to islam because of the unhearable matters that use to come up all the time such as Adultery, eMbezzlement, indiscipline, impersonation, I wan be oga, God don call me I wan stand on my own etc.....
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by SwtLynZy(f): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2014
Pour works of art shocked
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by EternalBeing: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2014
ugoezeik: jesus! my brother u hav really made me cried nw. pls I beg u in name of God, can I hav ur number so dat I can call u dis night and talk to u abeg. my name is mr... pls my dear bro as am writing u nw am crying here. I blv my God can still fgiv me. pls save my soul.
Halleilua!!! My Brother, I can't help u o! Holy Spirit ministred to u and u received HIM, is HE that'll surely save u IJN. I used to laugh at, scorn and mock holy pple, I used to say they r bunch of pretenders because I couldn't stay a week without having sex. Faith entred into me, Holy Spirit said to me, "do u think GOD will ask u to do the impossible?!" That was my turning point. Just like gaining admission into the university or getting rich, it requires serious determination. I cried and fasted for 21 days and deleted d Nos of all my lustful friends. I sought and started moving with the few pple I know where holy, listened only to songs from DonMoen, Bob Fit, Micheal Smith etc. Later on, I started preaching in buses etc... That was how I totally broke free from the greatest captivity the devil uses against humanity. I will call u later. But pray and seek HIM, JESUS said "No one comes to HIM that HE shall cast away" Modify ur post now, DELETE ur names and phone Nos now, pls. Willynilly, JESUS is Lord over all forever!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by AmazingZeus(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2014
purplesummer: Where's the door of the Jubilee church
if you see am let me know cos I dy fine am too
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Tinyemeka(m): 11:25am On Sep 21, 2014
bist: Pure Worship.
Worship of?
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Piro4rl(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2014
Wonderful! God is great

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Mrslimblack(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Johncuppa:
Tell me sumtin, a church of God bcming a tourist attraction? May d gate of hell neva prevail ova His church. God bles Anglican communion!
: Pls if u don't mind, wat do u understand by d word tourist and attraction. Or you just quote 4 d sake of quoting
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by alphaconde(m): 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
ST Patricks Cathedral Awka

2 Likes

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Octaves(m): 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wow! I know that church. It is truly beautiful. The most beautiful in Njikoka in my Opinion. Let them not demolish it in the name of building a more modern one.
Mrslimblack: Emmanuel Anglican Church Enugwu/Ukwu, Anambra state. Built with only stone in d 30s, had a mable extension in 1997. It still stands as a masterpiece and a tourist attraction in Nigeria.
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Octaves(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
Some beautiful churches I know 1.Basilica of the most holy trinity Onitsha. 2. All saints cathedral, onitsha 3. Assumpta cathedral owerri. 4. St Peters Basilica, Rome ( this should be the no 1 of all lists. Incredible architecture)
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Octaves(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
Don't be naive, people visit churches to admire architecture and paintings and connect with the history of that parish. Though it is not popular in Naija cos most churches are just bland with nothing to admire other than worship
Johncuppa:
Tell me sumtin, a church of God bcming a tourist attraction? May d gate of hell neva prevail ova His church. God bles Anglican communion!
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by nora544: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Octaves: Don't be naive, people visit churches to admire architecture and paintings and connect with the history of that parish. Though it is not popular in Naija cos most churches are just bland with nothing to admire other than worship

In my country a church is a place where you can go every time you want and not only to worship. Sometimes it is realy very good to sit alone in the church and you can pray in an silent place.

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Repin d CATHOLIC faith......
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by remedy01(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
Have you seen The Crystal Cathedral, Garden grove Orange County, California?

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by ba7man(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
alphaconde: ST Patricks Cathedral Awka
Abeg, stop spamming this thread with the pix of that Church building. angry
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by nora544: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
remedy01: Have you seen The Crystal Cathedral, Garden grove Orange County, California?

This church belong before to one of this TV preacher in America and he went bankrupt and had to sell the church and this church is now the catholic christ church.
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by simdam500(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
purplesummer: Where's the door of the Jubilee church
are u there already?
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by QAPHAYNE: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Octaves: Some beautiful churches I know 1.Basilica of the most holy trinity Onitsha. 2. All saints cathedral, onitsha 3. Assumpta cathedral owerri. 4. St Peters Basilica, Rome ( this should be the no 1 of all lists. Incredible architecture)

My senior, I get your point about st peters bassilica. I just chose to leave it out since its relatively popular. Thanks for viewing and commenting.

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Wisedata(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wat about Unibadan chapel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by BadSamaritan(m): 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
nora544:

In my country a church is a place where you can go every time you want and not only to worship. Sometimes it is realy very good to sit alone in the church and you can pray in an silent place.

... And where is your country?

1 Like

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by nora544: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
BadSamaritan:

... And where is your country?

A country in the middle of europa where pastors live a normal life and where pastors didnot have big cars and no pastos has a private jet.

where people know what is means to be a christian.
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by BadSamaritan(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
RebelLeader15: Oshe Baba, Allahu Akbar, I was formerly a Christian born into the Cash And Carry-Church sorry Christ Apostolic Church, but I later converted to islam because of the unhearable matters that use to come up all the time such as Adultery, eMbezzlement, indiscipline, impersonation, I wan be oga, God don call me I wan stand on my own etc.....

That you converted to islam doesn't make islam a better religion. Michael Adeboloja, Micheal Adebowale, Farouk Ogwuche, to mention a few, are notable names who converted from Christianity to islam, and we know the rest of the story. Meanwhile, Tunde Bakare converted from islam to Christianity and we also know who he is today. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by BadSamaritan(m): 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
nora544:

A country in the middle of europa where pastors live a normal life and where pastors didnot have big cars and no pastos has a private jet.

where people know what is means to be a christian.

Dear madam,
Save us the long epistle and name your country. Unless of course if you're not proud of your country.
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by nora544: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
BadSamaritan:

Dear madam,
Save us the long epistle and name your country. Unless of course if you're not proud of your country.

I am Austrian but i have many nigerian friends,
Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
nora544:

I am Austrian but i have many nigerian friends,
Seems what u do is go around looking for Nigerian Pastors to bash. Are u even a Christian? What's your case?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! by nora544: 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Gaidenk:
Seems what u do is go around looking for Nigerian Pastors to bash. Are u even a Christian?

I am a christian and one of my best friends is a nigerian bishop in my country but not of one of this new churches. I know from what I speak and an other friend also a nigerian couldnot belive what he see in my country about the church.

I have many friends from different christian churches some are pastors and I know nigeria very very good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Arsenal Sacking Unai Emery / Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.