Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (954064 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by aremso(m): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2019
emmasoft:

All rates are stated daily. Your top up will be affected by the current rate.

ok sir. Many thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2019
How do people invest in Stanbic MMF from abroad?
Re: Mutual Funds by olusola11: 9:14am On Jul 02, 2019
Hello, how can i sign up and made payment for Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund? Thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2019
Re: Mutual Funds by olusola11: 10:08am On Jul 02, 2019
emmasoft:

https://www.stanbicibtcassetmanagement.com/standimg/NigeriaAssetManagers/fileDownloads/Others/ACCOUNTOPENINGINDIVIDUALS_JOINT.pdf

Thank you Emmasoft. I just downloaded the form. Should complete and send it physically or is there a way i can send it via email along with other required document?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:24am On Jul 02, 2019
olusola11:

Thank you Emmasoft. I just downloaded the form. Should complete and send it physically or is there a way i can send it via email along with other required document?
If it's not convenient to go to their office in VI, then complete the form scan and send with the kyc documents. But if it's convenient you can go to their office in VI with the completed form and kyc. for instant payment go along with your ATM card on submission of your form, your account will be opened immediately and you can deposit your funds using the pos right at the customer care.
NB: The office I mean is not a branch of Stanbic IBTC bank
Re: Mutual Funds by olusola11: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2019
emmasoft:

If it's not convenient to go to their office in VI, then complete the form scan and send with the kyc documents. But if it's convenient you can go to their office in VI with the completed form and kyc. for instant payment go along with your ATM card on submission of your form, your account will be opened immediately and you can deposit your funds using the pos right at the customer care.
NB: The office I mean is not a branch of Stanbic IBTC bank

Thank you. I will go with the former. What is the email to scan my documents to?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2019
olusola11:

Thank you. I will go with the former. What is the email to scan my documents to?
mutualfunds@stanbicibtc.com and copy oluwaseun.abisoye@stanbicibtc.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by mikylon(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2019
Just an observation.
I noticed ARM money market yeilds better that stanbic ibtc MMF.
I invested almost the same amount on both platform around february this year, but the accrued interest on ARM surpasses that of Stanbic.
Abi una never observe am.
Re: Mutual Funds by Olonseh: 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
You can fund your naira account via one of those money transfer platforms or other suitable means and then do a direct transfer to stanbic ibtc MMF account (someone has posted the acct details here) from your own naira account.
sgtponzihater1:
How do people invest in Stanbic MMF from abroad?
Re: Mutual Funds by Olonseh: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2019
Stanbic's performance leaves little to be desired of late, yield has been circa 11.6 on the average in the last couple of months. Won't really be surprised if ARM is performing better.
mikylon:
Just an observation.
I noticed ARM money market yeilds better that stanbic ibtc MMF.
I invested almost the same amount on both platform around february this year, but the accrued interest on ARM surpasses that of Stanbic.
Abi una never observe am.
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2019
Olonseh:
You can fund your naira account via one of those money transfer platforms or other suitable means and then do a direct transfer to stanbic ibtc MMF account (someone has posted the acct details here) from your own naira account.

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Abdin1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hello. My father recently retired; though he has not been paid his retirement benefits (still processing it), I am looking for good investment options for him. He has really suffered in this life, so I want him to enjoy the fruits of his labour. I spoke with a friend about this, and he said something about investing in mutual funds. Please I want to really know more about it and then I need advice on good options to take.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by deleson: 11:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
Read up from the first page. That’ll give you good background information on MMF, then you can decide if this is a good investment portfolio for the old man.

You need to confirm what the old man would want to have his money into first. You can’t commit the funds without his knowledge or recourse to his intent.

You should read up on other investments windows.

Abdin1:
Hello. My father recently retired; though he has not been paid his retirement benefits (still processing it), I am looking for good investment options for him. He has really suffered in this life, so I want him to enjoy the fruits of his labour. I spoke with a friend about this, and he said something about investing in mutual funds. Please I want to really know more about it and then I need advice on good options to take.
Re: Mutual Funds by deleson: 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
Is anyone else not getting SMS notifications after logging in to the FBN app?

Also, interest from Monday and Tuesday are t reflecting till now.

Please drop your observations.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2019
deleson:
Is anyone else not getting SMS notifications after logging in to the FBN app?

Also, interest from Monday and Tuesday are t reflecting till now.

Please drop your observations.
NB: It's end of a quarter, they are balancing their books with dividend payment or re-investment depending on option of clients. Most likely by today or before Friday you will see all the accrued interest in your account. Notice that if you opt for reinvestment of dividend by now you would have seen ii reinvested. Getting sms is normal when you login to your account.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by macodollar: 7:46am On Jul 03, 2019
@emmasoft, do you work with any of the investment houses?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2019
Abdin1:

Like it's said don't put your eggs in one basket except if it's God's basket.
The best practice is to invest portions of the total funds into
1. Treasury Bills
2. Mutual funds
3. Bonds
4. Good dividend paying stocks
5. small business that is less stressful considering his age.
All the options will depend largely on the amount involved and the risk tolerance with all other things been equal.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2019
macodollar:
@emmasoft, do you work with any of the investment houses?

Investment one
Re: Mutual Funds by Abdin1(m): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2019
My father doesn't know about all these things; he's not very literate, and of course whatever I'll do will be with his consent. Thank you for your response sir.
Re: Mutual Funds by deleson: 8:46am On Jul 03, 2019
Thanks for your insight.

True, I saw the interest has been invested and I am yet to see the newly accrued interest...fingers crossed.

I'd check-up with the bank on the SMS notification.

emmasoft:

NB: It's end of a quarter, they are balancing their books with dividend payment or re-investment depending on option of clients. Most likely by today or before Friday you will see all the accrued interest in your account. Notice that if you opt for reinvestment of dividend by now you would have seen ii reinvested. Getting sms is normal when you login to your account.
Re: Mutual Funds by macodollar: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2019
Investment one [/quote]

Ok. Do you have a physical office?
Re: Mutual Funds by donrabii: 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
I just logged in to my FBN Quest app and noticed zero balance for both my accrued interest and balance. Is anyone else having this issue?. Might have to ring them
Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2019
donrabii:
I just logged in to my FBN Quest app and noticed zero balance for both my accrued interest and balance. Is anyone else having this issue?. Might have to ring them
Same here, I believe they are working on it
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hey Great minds here,

Please can anyone help provide the fees for Stanbic, FBN and Investment One?
Also, is VAT deducted from proceeds?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:
Hey Great minds here,

Please can anyone help provide the fees for Stanbic, FBN and Investment One?
Also, is VAT deducted from proceeds?

No fees for investment one A chat from investment one: [b]The fees are paid backend Sir and as such does not directly affect the client.[/b]

For AMMF manged by investment one and MMF generally no VAT deduction from proceeds.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
emmasoft:

No fees for investment one A chat from investment one: [b]The fees are paid backend Sir and as such does not directly affect the client.[/b]

For AMMF manged by investment one and MMF generally no VAT deduction from proceeds.

Thanks, Emmasoft.

Please, anyone with experience from Stanbic and FBN?
Re: Mutual Funds by mikylon(m): 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
Olonseh:
Stanbic's performance leaves little to be desired of late, yield has been circa 11.6 on the average in the last couple of months. Won't really be surprised if ARM is performing better.
Thank you my brother for the observation. Seems stanbic IBTC is only just been hyped based on past performance
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2019
mikylon:

Thank you my brother for the observation. Seems stanbic IBTC is only just been hyped based on past performance
Don't forget the saying in most mutual funds prospectus "Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results" Always be objective in making investment decisions
Re: Mutual Funds by brane: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Pls can someone state the custodian fees (%) for the following money market fund investment entities:

- FBNQUEST
- Stanbic
- AXA
- ARM

Thanks and stay blessed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (319) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.