Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,854 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:45 AM

Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show (60200 Views)

Photos : Ilorin Annual Dog Show; 3rd Edition / Welcome To The Annual Dog Show*tagged "Man's Best Friend" / Accra Dog Show 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by ibkgab001: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2014
What is "Grammer" in that statement I'm sure u graduated from iyan foworogi grammer school

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by destante(f): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Drajah:

It looks like a toy grin grin
Yesss. with that cute innocent look.
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by livingstoneony(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2014
undecidedI wonder y people have cats as pets!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by BrokenTV: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
Did the dog from Osngbo Anagoo800 came to the dogs show.
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
They all look off with those dogs....
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
DarryOsh:

U r a Ladokite? are you by any chance the guy in blue striped shirt squatting to take picture with a dog in front of that camry ?

am an ex-ladokite. The guy posing with the dogs is seuncole aka waveyMania, also an ex-ladokite. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
iamord:

Pls anyone know the name of the breed below?
lhasa apso.
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by olufemi26(m): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
I'm crazy about dogs. Never imagined myself crying 'cos of a dog but I cried when our first dog died. Well... That was when I was little sha.
Its a nice development coming from Ogbomoso. Nice 1 Op
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by acada111(f): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
sauceny: if u ain't got a "PIT BULL" jst forget it,cos u gat no dog #Blood #BuiltForTheKill #Danger #NoTrespassing

And this same dog can kill you the owner. Had to put ours down when it grabbed a leg and refused to let go, despite the shouting, cajoling and planking. Na God come down dat day cos' person for die.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by sarutobie(m): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
acada111:

And this same dog can kill you the owner. Had to put ours down when it grabbed a leg and refused to let go, despite the shouting, cajoling and planking. Na God come down dat day cos' person for die.
I dont advise a pitbull in a family house with kids around...I will trust a hundred GSD around children than a single pitbull..

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by acada111(f): 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
sarutobie:
I dont advise a pitbull in a family house with kids around...I will trust a hundred GSD around children than a single pitbull..

God bless you o, my brother. Remembering that day sends chills down my spine.
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Afam4eva(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
TribalEAST: don't make jest of someone's effort. I myself couldn't believe such a show could hold sway in ogbomosho, a town which isn't even a city.
Same here. when i saw the topic, i was thought the dogs were fighter dogs who were pitched against each other to foght.
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Sexytemi(f): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
cbrass:

get a pitbull and you will be happy you did, i promise you

ahhhhhhh, u don't like me ooo, Abeg ehn, i'll pass ooo.
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Ameboperoo(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
price pls
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by TYAonline: 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sirius Puppy Training: Dog Training

DESCRIPTION:

SIRIUS PUPPY TRAINING by Ian Dunbar 2007 James & Kenneth Publishers DVD The original puppy training video and still. . . "the leader of the pack." Voted BEST VIDEO (2000, 2001 & 2002) by the Association of Pet Dog Trainers. Learn the gentle and enjoyable methods of off-leash training and socialization that made the SIRIUS philosophy the international standard in companion dog training. Dr. Dunbar developed SIRIUS classes in 1981, so his Malamute puppy could go to school. At that time, of the 50 dog training schools in the San Francisco Bay Area. . . NONE
would allow puppies until they were six months to a year old. SIRIUS Puppy Training redefined and revolutionized dog training. Before SIRIUS there were no puppy classes, and virtually no food lures and rewards in training.

The SIRIUS methods have been adopted and adapted by most caring dog trainers worldwide. This DVD is written and hosted by veterinarian, animal behaviorist, and author Dr. Ian Dunbar - the creator of off-leash puppy classes, which sparked the revolution for positive, reward-based dog-friendly dog training. Dr. Dunbar is the founder of several dog training organizations, including th Center for Applied Animal Behavior; the Association of Pet Dog Trainers - the largest and most influential worldwide association of professional pet dog trainers; and SIRIUS Puppy Training - the Original Puppy Training School.

Contact Us
www.tya.com.ng
Phone: 07035754077
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by TYAonline: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Training Substance Detector Dogs

DESCRIPTION:

This practical and thought-provoking video introduces Randy Hare’s revolutionary methods for training substance (drug, explosives, accelerants, biologicals) detector dogs.
It begins with a critical analysis and review of conventional detector dog training methods, and then presents the core ideas of the Hare Method: The handler is not the teacher, the dog teaches himself:
• The dog is not just taught what odors and stimuli to respond to; he is also explicitly taught what NOT to respond to.
• The dog is taught to ignore primary reward (ball) odors and stimuli unless they are encountered in conjunction with target odor. The balance of the video is devoted to a step-by-step guide to Randy’s methods for using his invention, the Hare Detection Training box, to achieve the detector dog trainer’s first three objectives:

1) Select a good detector dog prospect.
2) Teach target odor-reward association.
3) Condition the final response.

Video two of this series shows how to use Randy Hare’s ground-breaking methods to accomplish the next five learning objectives in the training of drug and explosive detector dogs.

4) Teach the dog to divert its attention from reward to target odor.
5) Establish a cue for search behavior.
6) Teach the “oral response.”
7) Develop the dog’s ability to complete prolonged searches.
Teach the dog to ignore distracters.

Contact Us:
www.tya.com.ng
Phone: 07035754077

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Crixina(f): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=TribalEAST]Was on my way to visit a friend in under g area of ogbomosho(been in the town for like 2weeks now) when I came across a convoy of cars with loud speakers on them and several dog handlers, doing publicity about the show which held yesterday. I arrived the venue on the D-day, as early as possible cos am a dog lover. Four tents were spread forming a huge square in the middle in which dogs were walked before showcasing to the judges who occupied one of the tents. Notable indigenes, including a chief of the town and a prof abass, came with their dogs. Even students were not left out. Registering a dog for the event cost #1000; over 40 dogs were registered. Obedience test alongside others were carried out on the dogs, and at the end, roy the giant rottweiler emerged champion of the day. Troy the giant boerboel was the star in the early part of the show as his horse-like built and gentleness made a lot of people take pictures with him until the three caucasian shepherds rolled in and stole the show by throwing the massive crowd into a frenzy. A little humor occurred when a skinny white pitbull arrived. People made jest of it as they thought it was a local dog. The show was really wonderful![/quote God! They do stuffs like this in naija? I will really love be a part of this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by eledacedar(f): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
TribalEAST: Was on my way to visit a friend in under g area of ogbomosho(been in the town for like 2weeks now) when I came across a convoy of cars with loud speakers on them and several dog handlers, doing publicity about the show which held yesterday. I arrived the venue on the D-day, as early as possible cos am a dog lover. Four tents were spread forming a huge square in the middle in which dogs were walked before showcasing to the judges who occupied one of the tents. Notable indigenes, including a chief of the town and a prof abass, came with their dogs. Even students were not left out. Registering a dog for the event cost #1000; over 40 dogs were registered. Obedience test alongside others were carried out on the dogs, and at the end, roy the giant rottweiler emerged champion of the day. Troy the giant boerboel was the star in the early part of the show as his horse-like built and gentleness made a lot of people take pictures with him until the three caucasian shepherds rolled in and stole the show by throwing the massive crowd into a frenzy. A little humor occurred when a skinny white pitbull arrived. People made jest of it as they thought it was a local dog. The show was really wonderful!

owned by my rugged person........ Sisquo. Feeling u ....... World D
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by azimibraun: 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
chai! Dos PITBULLS na evil dem be o!!!!
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by bieagole(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
Waohh Very nice smiley
May God bless the promoters of this show.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Sheenor: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
you go fear ogbomosho dog show naah
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Drajah(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
livingstoneony: undecidedI wonder y people have cats as pets!

On to "wiliwili" tinz grin grin
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by cbrass(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sexytemi:

ahhhhhhh, u don't like me ooo, Abeg ehn, i'll pass ooo.

Ahah....those guys are really protective for u o
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Lolaabokoku(f): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
Una no get work
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by TWEETFELLA: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
softsparkyy: Hmmmm see dog show for Naija... nice.
was praying for something to slip out in ur profile pic. grin
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Sexytemi(f): 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
cbrass:

Ahah....those guys are really protective for u o

tnx oooo, but I'll still pass, doz dogs look as if dey spend d whole @ d gym o
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by juwoonn(m): 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
iceberylin: The Dogs come fine ppass the owners embarassed
LOLz...

Na wa 4 u o grin
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by cbrass(m): 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sexytemi:

tnx oooo, but I'll still pass, doz dogs look as if dey spend d whole @ d gym o

Emm you are right, but honestly they are the greatest of all pets
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by Sexytemi(f): 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
cbrass:

Emm you are right, but honestly they are the greatest of all pets

pets Ke, doz ones are bodyguard or security ooo, not for pets ooo, its deir type dat Wuld make nepa mark ur house as no go area o, n police dey call u yes sir o.
Re: Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show by cbrass(m): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sexytemi:

pets Ke, doz ones are bodyguard or security ooo, not for pets ooo, its deir type dat Wuld make nepa mark ur house as no go area o, n police dey call u yes sir o.

Its the way you train them that matters, they are very very loyal, you won't believe they were originally bread to look after children

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

All Port Harcourt dog owners, let's meet here. / A Nairalander Going To Work Saves A Python (Photos) / A Very Big Tortoise Found And Slaughtered In My Neighbourhood. [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.