Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? (2559 Views)

Should Ladies Also Ration Feelings Of Affection Towards Their Partner? / Do You Like Public Display Of Affection? / Public Displays Of Affection - Only For The Married And Engaged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Beckybeky(f): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
I wanna know if its right or wrong to indulge in PDA. As in to show sexual affection in public. I see people doing esp in parties and d likes. Hugging, necking and kissing in full glare of people!

Is it right or wrong?
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Spicylate(f): 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
right or wrong, i like it.
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by marieolae(f): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
It depends on the outing. I wouldn't expect a couple to start kissing at church..or in the middle of shoprite. But if the place is secluded with not so many people peeping, a quick kiss is definitely romantic smiley.

1 Like

Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Mention(m): 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its fun
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its never wrong but africans isn't that romantic in the public eye,in contrast to the western world,its normal thing and shows you proud and lucky to be with your partner or happily taken!!
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
aaronson: Its never wrong but africans isn't that romantic in the public eye,in contrast to the western world,its normal thing and shows you proud and lucky to be with your partner or happily taken!!
infct u jst sed it oll.
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Beckybeky(f): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
Spicylate: right or wrong, i like it.

Lolz...pervert!
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Beckybeky(f): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
marieolae: It depends on the outing. I wouldn't expect a couple to start kissing at church..or in the middle of shoprite. But if the place is secluded with not so many people peeping, a quick kiss is definitely romantic smiley.

I'm talking of full glare of ppl
Yes like in shoprite
U know whites do it
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by valmunich(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
It depends on the individuals involved, some people might like, some might not
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by marieolae(f): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Beckybeky:

I'm talking of full glare of ppl
Yes like in shoprite
U know whites do it
well I don't think that's necessary in nigeria. Unless you want to create unnecessary attention for yourself. Westerners mind their own business, but nigerians can never do that. If an elder should see a couple kissing, the girl could be called all sorts of names especially if they are not married. One thing about africans, is that we can never be like the western world. Let's just try to be african and keep it that way! Because the westerners are not trying to be like us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by orobs93(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its not necessary.
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Beckybeky(f): 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
marieolae: well I don't think that's necessary in nigeria. Unless you want to create unnecessary attention for yourself. Westerners mind their own business, but nigerians can never do that. If an elder should see a couple kissing, the girl could be called all sorts of names especially if they are not married. One thing about africans, is that we can never be like the western world. Let's just try to be african and keep it that way! Because the westerners are not trying to be like us.

Ok
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by chibwike(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Right if ur girl is beautiful. Wrong if she is not
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by MrTeymee(m): 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its good. Least we legally married
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Chukkasy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
just in case......................
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by harkande20: 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its kul buh a shy persn shld nt try it
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
I love it...But i cant do it...

1 Like

Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Ivanspring(f): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Such things are not common in Nigeria. But if you have the boldness to do it, why not?
I was kissed on the road once by a bf i hadn't seen in a while and i just couldn't stop blushing. Although I was embarrassed, i still liked it.
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by lequatee(m): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
If I am proud of my girl and you are proud of your partner why not? although i know its alien to Africans but its not "bad " at all.
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by ChikeAndrew(m): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Well, no wrong in it......... Buh i cnt.
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Spicylate(f): 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Beckybeky:

Lolz...pervert!
me? pervert? so whats the norm?
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by acada111(f): 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
I luv it. Once grabbed boo's butt whilst shopping.......shame wan kill d guy cheesy
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nice point ..but do we keep living d way our fore-fadas lived...for me,i kiss anywer wen i fell like as long as she's mine and she looks presentable..smtimes we av to let d old ways of d ancestors die..i wont mind "fore-head peckn" u smtime smiley
marieolae: well I don't think that's necessary in nigeria. Unless you want to create unnecessary attention for yourself. Westerners mind their own business, but nigerians can never do that. If an elder should see a couple kissing, the girl could be called all sorts of names especially if they are not married. One thing about africans, is that we can never be like the western world. Let's just try to be african and keep it that way! Because the westerners are not trying to be like us.
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
Beckybeky: I wanna know if its right or wrong to indulge in PDA. As in to show sexual affection in public. I see people doing esp in parties and d likes. Hugging, necking and kissing in full glare of people!

Is it right or wrong?
its not wrong,afterall everyone is OYO.minding their own biz...
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by defendedvictim(m): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
PDA ain't bad..u jst v to b sure d elders in ur village ain't watching. If u r caught, gudluck!
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by donyjohn: 3:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
Very very wrong. Don't do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwFbQsSNcag
Re: Public Display Of Affection: Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
orobs93:
Its not necessary.

No mind them... Them leave house finish.. Na shop rite e sweet to do am abi??
All these peopleS sef...

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Tell Your Girlfriend/fiance Is Cheating On You / Help!!! This Man Is In Soup / I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.