Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu (38221 Views)

Awolowo's Strategy Is The Only Way To End Bokoharam Insurgency / Buhari Didn’t Promise To End Insurgency In Two Months – APC / “jonathan’s Government Was totally Unprepared For Bokoharam Insurgency” – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
The following advices were put forward by Ahmed Tinubu in Sept. 2011

The excerpts:

1. Government has to find the cause of the Boko Haram crisis by addressing all the anger in the society.

2. Examine all grievances and engage leadership at all levels, in particular prominent leaders to find a way to appeal to the promoters of Boko Haram.

3. And investigate the theory that Al-Qaeda infiltrated Boko Haram, and also examine ourselves again.”

Read more from The Interview

Having studied our National Political terrain, I share and concur with him based on our multi-ethnic and religious composition and the inability of our government to find the antidote to Insurgency by Militants, Terrorists and above all Separatist.

Government of National Unity with opposition given some important ministries to manage

www.freedomafric.com/politics/shortest-route-solving-bokoharam-insurgency-nigeria-ahmed-tinubu-t1471.html

What's you opinion on his formula

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Lamour1: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
Apparently, he raised good points but i still see those solutions as something we must all come together to achieve irrespective of tribe, party affiliation etc.

Northerners has to go back to drawing board and sort out so many issues. Many Yorubas and igbos and other tribes engage themselves in one handwork or the other in other to make ends meet thats if their parents are not buoyant enough to send them to school.
But up North, the reverse is the case. A gateman that makes 10k in one month ends up having four wives with minimum of 20 children with many of them as Almajiris.
I still believe that these boko boys are products of almajiri system. North should find a way to abolish that system but of course their political class use their acclaimed population for political purposes. Now the population of untrained children with not home training and lack of respect for elders has ended up hurting and hunting the north.
North is hunting and hurting the North period.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
The International Community has attributed the emergence of prominent Islamist Insurgencies as a result of failures in political processes leading to wide political support for organisations such as Al'qaeda, Al'shabab and most recently Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant.

Government of National Unity was used to solve/manage the Kenya and Zimbabwe Political Crisis.

What formula should Nigeria adopt to starve these terrorists of the support they get from politicians and more importantly that of the locals (indigenous people of the region).

2 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by 4Play(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
There is merit to the position that we need to offer a path for those elements within Boko Haram who are open to negotiation to come to some accommodation.

But that Tinubu interview reflects a time when the main criticism of the FG was that it was too harsh in its military campaign. This was when the opposition opposed imposing a state of emergency, opposed calls for the US to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organisation and when an amnesty deal, a la Niger-Delta militants, was being suggested, notably proposed by Buhari.

Personally, I think the Nigerian army's scorched earth policy acts as a recruiting tool and BH have expanded in numbers partly, I believe, as a result. Nevertheless, you can't help but marvel at how many elements in the opposition now act as if they have always maintained that the FG needs to take a stronger military line.

The "beauty" of Nigeria's personality-based and zero-policy analysis political discourse is that a politician can be subsequently proven resoundingly wrong about a policy position and suffer no adverse effect.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe: The International Community has attributed the emergence of prominent Islamist Insurgencies as a result of failures in political processes leading to wide political support for organisations such as Al'qaeda, Al'shabab and most recently Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant.

Government of National Unity was used to solve/manage the Kenya and Zimbabwe Political Crisis.

What formula should Nigeria adopt to starve these terrorists of the support they get from politicians and more importantly that of the locals (indigenous people of the region).

Ngwakwe long time!
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Ngwakwe long time!

I am always here to lend my voice of reason to most political discourse.

What do you've to contribute to the way forward in solving Terrorism, Militancy and Separatist movements springing up here and there in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe: The International Community has attributed the emergence of prominent Islamist Insurgencies as a result of failures in political processes leading to wide political support for organisations such as Al'qaeda, Al'shabab and most recently Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant.

Ngakwe, Government of National UÑity won't work. It neverk worked in Kenya and Zimbabwe, Yar adua tried it but it was doisastrous as it was aimed at killing opposition. Beside, BH is not a creation of APC, I don't see the basis of GNU here except you want to tell us that you hold the propaganda of APC is boko(which is warped and defied all manner of intelligence and common sense).

I agree with Tinubu but in addition, we need to change the Military Chiefs and bring in New Blood, motivate the solders on the war theatre and also carry out an open investigation. Whether we like it or not, we must solve it from the root.
The government should also desist from the blame game!!!!

Happy Sunday bros

12 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: Ngakwe, Government of National UÑity won't work. It neverk worked in Kenya and Zimbabwe, Yar adua tried it but it was doisastrous as it was aimed at killing opposition. Beside, BH is not a creation of APC, I don't see the basis of GNU here except you want to tell us that you hold the propaganda of APC is boko(which is warped and defied all manner of intelligence and common sense).

I agree with Tinubu but in addition, we need to change the Military Chiefs and bring in New Blood, motivate the solders on the war theatre and also carry out an open investigation. Whether we like it or not, we must solve it from the root.
The government should also desist from the blame game!!!!

Happy Sunday bros

If President Goodluck Jonathan had form Government of National Unity with Buhari, our story would've been different from what we have now.

It is a temporary measure to calm already heated up polity.

Had Mugabe refused the move in the second to the last transition, Zimbabwe would have been in an open ended war where the West supports the opposition and the locals supporting Mugabe.

Government of National Unity ushers in new constitution, system of government, freedom and revamping of Security apparatuses in the country.

It is a time when every part of the country shares in the success or the failure of the system.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

What do you've to contribute to the way forward in solving Terrorism, Militancy and Separatist movements springing up here and there in Nigeria?

It is very simple!

1. Let the government of the day, set up an investigation panel to find out the whereabout of 6Trillion Naira voted for security since 2011.

Secondly, the present defence team should be replaced with competent team.

3. Some people have been mentioned as the "arrow head" of Boko Haram, let the government allow the security dept do their work to ascertain their culpability or otherwise!

Remember we are now fighting a conventional war with the Boko Haram

6 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It is very simple!

1. Let the government of the day, set up an investigation panel to find out the whereabout of 6Trillion Naira voted for security since 2011.

Secondly, the present defence team should be replaced with competent team.

3. Some people have been mentioned as the "arrow head" of Boko Haram, let the government allow the security dept do their work to ascertain their culpability or otherwise!

Remember we are now fighting a conventional war with the Boko Haram

This your contribution is what Malaki tried in Iraq and they got the following

1. A depleted army surrendering to terrorists
2. ISIL took over most territories in Iraq.
3. Lost the support of everyone including his Shia stronghold

Malaki has now been demoted to deputy PM, being in the same government that dethrone him just to get the country back on track.

Take away your fixation on GEJ and let's formulate a working formula before another bloodshed in 2015

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

If President Goodluck Jonathan had form Government of National Unity with Buhari, our story would've been different from what we have now.

Had Mugabe refused the move in the second to the last transition, Zimbabwe would have been in an open ended war where the West supports the opposition and the locals supporting Mugabe.

Government of National Unity ushers in new constitution, system of government, freedom and revamping of Security apparatuses in the country.

It is a time when every part of the country shares in the success or the failure of the system.
The bold comment makes a lot of sense. Its so worrisome that Jonathan led pdp government does see it that way. The have seen APC as their enemies and have often accused the party of being boko haram sympathizers. I don't think APC will reject if being called to be part of the PDP led FG in decision making.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Ngwakwe you aren't making any tangible point. What we need is not GÑU but a ç®edible election. Nigeria'§ Presidential §ystÉms makÉs GÑU Îneffective coupled with what went on.
Let us analyse the Kenya anÐ zimbabwe situation.
1. After the Kenya election in 2008 there was violence because supporters of Raila Odinga alleged that Kibaki rigged the election. It led to death of hundreds and was leading to worse clash before the President opted for a power sharing with Odinga. Did it settle the political tension? NO!!!!
2. Similar scenaro happened in Zimbabwe between incumbent. Mugabe of Zanu-PF and opposition Morgan tzavangarai(pardon my spelling). At the end, Mugabe had to call for early election after there was accusation among members of the cabinet. The PM wÀs tvangarai while Mugabe remained the President.

In Nigeria's case, BH is a terrorist group that has been linked to PDP members, having a GNU will have no effect. Ngwakwe stop using style to accuse APC of terrorism..come out blunt.

The GNU is dead on arrival. It will never work.

5 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
berem: The bold comment makes a lot of sense. Its so worrisome that Jonathan led pdp government does see it that way. The have seen APC as their enemies and have often accused the party of being boko haram sympathizers. I don't think APC will reject if being called to be part of the PDP led FG in decision making.
If you must know, Yar adua called for GNU in 2007, the AC boycotted it and the ANPP faction led by Buhari also rejected it. Shamefully, Buhari's running mate Ume Ezeoke led a faction ot ANPP to join Yar Adua's government when ANPP was in court to challenge the result. It was one of the mistake of ANPP that made them lose relevance.
Funny enough, Yar adua gave them "junior" portfolio and asked some of them to join PDp or he will fire them. That led to some defections frm ANPP to PDP. The excercise succeeded in killing ANPP, leaving AC.
Did it work? NO!
GNU cannot work especially uinder controversial election. Jonathan wanted to do it in 2011 but CPC, ANPP led by Ogbonaya Onu(I so respect this man. He's one Igboman that should be celebrated) and ACN told him to forget it and face his pdp.

9 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Some of these propositions are laughable. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by omerta(f): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: ,
Welcome back! tongue
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
berem: The bold comment makes a lot of sense. Its so worrisome that Jonathan led pdp government does see it that way. The have seen APC as their enemies and have often accused the party of being boko haram sympathizers. I don't think APC will reject if being called to be part of the PDP led FG in decision making.

Baby, I beg to disagree! It does not make any sense in presidential system of government. Beside the government as led by jonathan have burnt the two ends of the bridge with his divisive and religious politics. Remember this is not a political war.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Sealeddeal(m): 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
its very easy to proffer solution by words. Its not always easy carrying it out. It took years for BH to rise to their present prominence and i doubt if Tinubu's solution is practicable.

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
omerta: Welcome back! tongue

Thanks my baby! Mynd44 sent me away to pacify the cankerworms. Though I was around through other means tongue

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: Ngwakwe you aren't making any tangible point. What we need is not GÑU but a ç®edible election. Nigeria'§ Presidential §ystÉms makÉs GÑU Îneffective coupled with what went on.
Let us analyse the Kenya anÐ zimbabwe situation.
1. After the Kenya election in 2008 there was violence because supporters of Raila Odinga alleged that Kibaki rigged the election. It led to death of hundreds and was leading to worse clash before the President opted for a power sharing with Odinga. Did it settle the political tension? NO!!!!
2. Similar scenaro happened in Zimbabwe between incumbent. Mugabe of Zanu-PF and opposition Morgan tzavangarai(pardon my spelling). At the end, Mugabe had to call for early election after there was accusation among members of the cabinet. The PM wÀs tvangarai while Mugabe remained the President.

In Nigeria's case, BH is a terrorist group that has been linked to PDP members, having a GNU will have no effect. Ngwakwe stop using style to accuse APC of terrorism..come out blunt.

The GNU is dead on arrival. It will never work.

You are only seeing one aspect of GNU, what about the processes to resolve repeat of lopsided decisions, agitations of the minority, different components of the country - ethnic, religion and regional wise, a new constitution and perhaps a cost effective government.

A Country where labour Unions takes every Nigeria as ransom by shutting down essential services and stopping those trying to work from doing so must stop. A situation where every labour dispute including unpopular ones result in strike is unacceptable

Everybody in Nigeria is feeling marginalised, the question is then who is marginalising who?

The Christians abuse Muslims in incident involving a lone Muslim while the Muslim awaits a day of reckoning to butcher the Christians in their major strongholds.

There is lack of trust in our politicoshere and something drastic needs to be done for a change.

I believe Tunisia is starting to get it right. The question is when will the government of who gets what end.?

1 Like

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by omerta(f): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Thanks my baby! Mynd44 sent me away to pacify the cankerworms. Though I was around through other means tongue
That overzealous mynd44! angry
Welcome back, still. tongue tongue

Have you heard from obiagelli?
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
In all these things, our bicameral legislature is dead and lacks innovation.

They don't attend to private bills for lack of" Ghana must go bag lobbying incentives"
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Malaki has now been demoted to deputy PM, being in the same government that dethrone him just to get the country back on track.

[b]Take away your fixation on GEJ [/b]and let's formulate a working formula before another bloodshed in 2015

Sorry! I can't take away my fixation on someone who brought us to this degrading/unfortunate situation through sheer cluelessness and penchant for anything corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by omenka(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I think we should first of all think about solving tribal militancy on nairaland before thinking of confronting the question of terrorism or militancy in the larger society.

Valid suggestions raised by Jagaban.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: If you must know, Yar adua called for GNU in 2007, the AC boycotted it and the ANPP faction led by Buhari also rejected it. Shamefully, Buhari's running mate Ume Ezeoke led a faction ot ANPP to join Yar Adua's government when ANPP was in court to challenge the result. It was one of the mistake of ANPP that made them lose relevance.
Funny enough, Yar adua gave them "junior" portfolio and asked some of them to join PDp or he will fire them. That led to some defections frm ANPP to PDP. The excercise succeeded in killing ANPP, leaving AC.
Did it work? NO!
GNU cannot work especially uinder controversial election. Jonathan wanted to do it in 2011 but CPC, ANPP led by Ogbonaya Onu(I so respect this man. He's one Igboman that should be celebrated) and ACN told him to forget it and face his pdp.

I was just preparing to fire a response against the Government of National Unity suggestion by Ngwakwe before i read your comment

GMB must never have anything to do with the PDP Government that has done all it could to destroy him with wicked lies and terrible propaganda

If ever they respect him for his wealth of experience despite the fact that he is an opposition figure,they wouldnt have engaged in acidic and divisive politicking whose effect will take another generation to clear

It was the same lie they sold to Ribadu to come and serve whereas we know it is a ploy to destroy his credibility.......i wonder how the dude will be feeling now with all the sordid news consistently coming out of PDP

The PDP have never been a sincere party and their style is reminiscence of the IBB days wherein he invited almost everyone to 'come and chop' and those who refused to do so were either killed or run out of town

Buhari has gone through fire to position himself as the bastion of incorruptibility in this sinful political landscape hence he must separate himself from amongst them

The fact that he accepted to serve the country via PTF Chairman with superlative results and his integrity still intact under Abacha is still being used by narrow-minded people against him

GEJ,his Govt and Party lacks credibility and opinion poll against them is at an all time low.......hence they are like Biblical Naaman the Leper whom sincere people must never have anything to do it under the guise of Government of National Unity

7 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You are only seeing one aspect of GNU, what about the processes to resolve repeat of lopsided decisions, agitations of the minority, different components of the country - ethnic, religion and regional wise, a new constitution and perhaps a cost effective government.

A Country where labour Unions takes every Nigeria as ransom by shutting down essential services and stopping those trying to work from doing so must stop. A situation where every labour dispute including unpopular ones result in strike is unacceptable

Everybody in Nigeria is feeling marginalised, the question is then who is marginalising who?

The Christians abuse Muslims in incident involving a lone Muslim while the Muslim awaits a day of reckoning to butcher the Christians in their major strongholds.

There is lack of trust in our politicoshere and something drastic needs to be done for a change.

I believe Tunisia is starting to get it right. The question is when will the government of who gets what end.?
we need to review our system of Government. We nEed to call a SNG where everyone will discuss how we want our sociopolitical system to operate(I am not talking of secession).
We need to adopt true federalism and discard this our "Military" version of federalism altogether. This is the only way we can tackle all these fundamental problems.

Meanwhile, we need sincerity from the elected/selected, political will to do things right and we must get things right. Otherwise, we'll be chasing shadows, curing the symptoms instead of the ailment. But that GNU won't work under our present system-it may be manageable if we are operating a semi-presidential or parliamentary system of government.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Sorry! I can't take away my fixation on someone who brought us to this degrading/unfortunate situation through sheer cluelessness and penchant for anything corruption.

You got to try, remember some definitions of democracy include government by the majority.

The unfortunate thing is the Government by majority (even through credible elections) can be tyrannical when it lacks the supporting democratic Institutions and rule of law which are presently lacking or obsolete in Nigeria as we speak.
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by omenka(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This is where you get it all wrong. You are indirectly attributing the rise of terrorism to the failure of the General at the polls when in fact you and I know that isn't true. When you make such a wrong diagnosis of an ailment, you are most likely going to prescribe the wrong treatment as well.

Siting Zimbabwe as well is a wrong example. Our government would be making a fatal mistake if they elect to grant the terrorist some political concessions because that would only make them consolidate their terror and embolden other would be terrorist groups to take up arms against the government. This distinction has to be stated in utmost clarity: Boko Haram is a terrorist group and Shekau a terrorist leader whereas, Morgan Tvangarai (not sure of my spelling) is the leader of an opposition political party.
These are two parallel lines Ngwakwe.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Ngwakwe: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
beopened:

I was just preparing to fire a response against the Government of National Unity suggestion by Ngwakwe before i read your comment

GMB must never have anything to do with the PDP Government that has done all it could to destroy him with wicked lies and terrible propaganda

If ever they respect him for his wealth of experience despite the fact that he is an opposition figure,they wouldnt have engaged in acidic and divisive politicking whose effect will take another generation to clear

It was the same lie they sold to Ribadu to come and serve whereas we know it is a ploy to destroy his credibility.......i wonder how the dude will be feeling now with all the sordid news consistently coming out of PDP

The PDP have never been a sincere party and their style is reminiscence of the IBB days wherein he invited almost everyone to 'come and chop' and those who refused to do so were either killed or run out of town

Buhari has gone through fire to position himself as the bastion of incorruptibility in this sinful political landscape hence he must separate himself from amongst them

The fact that he accepted to serve the country via PTF Chairman with superlative results and his integrity still intact under Abacha is still being used by narrow-minded people against him

GEJ,his Govt and Party lacks credibility and opinion poll against them is at an all time low.......hence they are like Biblical Naaman the Leper whom sincere people must never have anything to do it under the guise of Government of National Unity

In Nigeria we presently believe in and practice money Politics for the fact that most Nigerians are hungry.

APC is gradually being hijacked as we speak. Buhari cannot finance his Presidential ambition, so are many credible politicians.

PDP was founded by the G-34 led be Dr Alex Ekwueme, Abubaka Remi, Audu Ogbe etal and hijacked by Generals IBB,Abdulsalami and Danjuma who foisted the inconsequential ex-head of state OBJ freshly released from prison on the party!! OBJ did not play any role in the forming of the party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
Not fully in support of BAT's idea....
Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
beopened:

You just hit it. The PDP and the government plus Jonathan are never sincere. They don't have the interest of the country @ heart but using "devilish tactics" to whittle down opposition with aim of continuing to exploit the treasury till "Jesus comes". The Ribadu Report that would have cleaned the subsidy mess is in one shelf, covered with dust and will soon be thrown into waste bin. They don't mean well and I don't see anybody of integrity joining their fray in the name of "government". Posterity will always reward Bisi Akande, Tinubu and GMB among others for shunning the devilish GNU of 2007 and 2011 despite the insults hurled against them. Well the time of PDP is ticking and come February, 2015 their fate will be sealed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by arresa: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Take away your fixation on GEJ and let's formulate a working formula before another bloodshed in 2015

What the poster you quoted said has nothing to do with Maliki in Iraq, I don't even see the connection across the board. The political, religious and tribal situation in Iraq is not even the same in Nigeria...

You are free to defend Jonathan and your political affiliation all you want, but quit trying to pull a fast one with irrelevant stories.

5 Likes

Re: Shortest Route To Solving Bokoharam Insurgency In Nigeria By Ahmed Tinubu by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
omenka: This is where you get it all wrong. You are indirectly attributing the rise of terrorism to the failure of the General at the polls when in fact you and I know that isn't true. When you make such a wrong diagnosis of an ailment, you are most likely going to prescribe the wrong treatment as well.

Siting Zimbabwe as well is a wrong example. Our government would be making a fatal mistake if they elect to grant the terrorist some political concessions because that would only make them consolidate their terror and embolden other would be terrorist groups to take up arms against the government. This distinction has to be stated in utmost clarity: Boko Haram is a terrorist group and Shekau a terrorist leader whereas, Morgan Tvangarai (not sure of my spelling) is the leader of an opposition political party.
These are two parallel lines Ngwakwe.
Nicely put! We must not make any mistake of conceding to BH and Shekau. Terrorists only seek for power consolidation, they are not patriots and not interested in the well-being of the society but that of themselves and their backers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Replies Davido, Calls Him A "Political Novice" / David Hundeyin: K1 And MC Oluomo Have Been Paid By Obiakpor Hitler To Kill Me / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.