Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? (2317 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / How Do You Handle A Very Stubborn Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
I have dated a lady in the distant past who bars her phone from other users with a code. I won't go into details, the experience was totally bad because whenever I had opportunity to peep into that phone, the sight was disaster.

What will normally prompt a lady to bar her phone with a code

I am asking pertinently because the lady currently falling head over heels for me right now barcodes her phone. Its marriage on my mind. I don't want what happened in 1960 to repeat again..
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Buy her an Iphone 6 and see if she will bar her phone with code. I swear she won't be hiding anything from you.

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Leave her phone alone. She's entitled to some privacy. My wife doesn't password her phone yet I don't touch it; even though I bought it for her. You may not like what you see there.

7 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by herald9: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by etjigger(m): 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Leave her alone nau.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Austinmoor(m): 11:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
kITATITA: Leave her phone alone. She's entitled to some privacy. My wife doesn't password her phone yet I don't touch it; even though I bought it for her. You may not like what you see there.

Are you saying it is normal for your wife's phone to contain what you will not like to see.

i wonder o. Why will your wife's phone contain what you will not like to see.

Can you please define ''what you will not like to see" from your own perception.
And what is privacy where trust and transparency is the watchword

5 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 22, 2014
Women have their peculiar character and things that motivate them are different. Things she may be discussing with her friends could be her menstrual flow or her former boyfriend who won’t let her be. She could even be discussing her worries about your mother’s frequent visit or your table manners or coming home late. Let them have their privacy, their territory, their fun.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by greatgod2012(f): 7:21am On Sep 22, 2014
If you too bars your phone with codes, then, she has every right to do likewise. Afterall what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

5 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 22, 2014
Unless you bought the phone for her then you have no business knowing why she puts codes on it. Women usually just do it for security purposes in case it gets stolen or lost anyway.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2014
greatgod2012: If you too bars your phone with codes, then, she has every right to do likewise. Afterall what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

I have never bared my phones since I was born. I am an advocate of transparency, but I just keep meeting these kind of ladies...
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 8:03am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: Unless you bought the phone for her then you have no business knowing why she puts codes on it. Women usually just do it for security purposes in case it gets stolen or lost anyway.

I don't understand this issue of buying phone and not buying phone. Should that be a guide between doing right and wrong ?

Okay, should I ask her to throw it away and I buy her a costlier one so she will please me by not barring it ?

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 8:07am On Sep 22, 2014
kITATITA: Leave her phone alone. She's entitled to some privacy. My wife doesn't password her phone yet I don't touch it; even though I bought it for her. You may not like what you see there.

For me nothing takes me to a lady's phone unless she is busy fiddling with mine.. You have already said she doesn't password her phone so you have nothing to suspect..

Will you be comfortable as you are, if she passwords it ?
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

I don't understand this issue of buying phone and not buying phone. Should that be a guide between doing right and wrong ?

Okay, should I ask her to throw it away and I buy her a costlier one so she will please me by not barring it ?
my point being it was her phone before you met, so u should let her be. Whats wrong about passcodes exactly? undecided i would really love to know
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by 100Cents: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: my point being it was her phone before you met, so u should let her be. Whats wrong about passcodes exactly? undecided i would really love to know

Since i don't password mine, I should be asking you.

Mondisweets, why do you password your phone ?
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by SAMBARRY: 8:22am On Sep 22, 2014
How you handle a lady who locks her phone with codes is by MINDING YOUR DAMN BUISNESS smiley

5 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

Since i don't password mine, I should be asking you.

Mondisweets, why do you password your phone ?
if u read my full post at all, you would realise i said for security reasons and nosey people poking into whats absolutely none of their business. Thats why i have a passcode on my phone.

Thats the choice u made for your phone, her phone is her phone and she can as she deems fot with it.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Pavore9: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2014
OP, what happened in 1960 that is connected to a passworded phone?
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by thorpido(m): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2014
Pavore9: OP, what happened in 1960?
The colonial masters handed over their authority.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2014
My husband can bar his phone all he wants, sofar he gives me the code.

But, if you are talking about barring her phone from you and refusing to give you the code, I will say its a red flag. I donot believe in "privacy" in marriage. She could as well remain single so she enjoys her privacy to the max.

Ask her why she barcodes her phones. If the explanation isn't satisfactory, then you decide if you want to live the rest of your marital life in "privacy" or you want out.

6 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 22, 2014
thorpido: The colonial masters handed over their authority.

"She smiles"" kiss
thorpido: The colonial masters handed over their authority.

"She smiles""
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014
Guy, Waka smoothly. That one is no good for you. Forget love.....your future happiness is more important. If marriage is on your mind then you should start laying the right foundation right now. In marriage there is no privacy. It takes a deceitful woman to make a secure man feel insecure.

3 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2014
If you find it hard to be open then marriage will be challenging, It entails totally nake-dness, physically, financially, emotionally etc.

I wont advice anyone to put up with a secretive spouse

1 Like

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by TV01(m): 10:37am On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents: I have dated a lady in the distant past who bars her phone from other users with a code. I won't go into details, the experience was totally bad because whenever I had opportunity to peep into that phone, the sight was disaster.

What will normally prompt a lady to bar her phone with a code

I am asking pertinently because the lady currently falling head over heels for me right now barcodes her phone. Its marriage on my mind. I don't want what happened in 1960 to repeat again..

Must say I'm more interested in how you had mobile connectivity in 1960 and how big the handset was grin!

Do you really want to share your life with someone who is unable to share her most intimate secrets with you? It may seem bearable at the outset - when loff is blowing like a cool breeze grin! - but not too far down the line it's quite likely that this and other things will leave you with shattered trust and as warring parties. Bro' be wise.

TV

**Discalimer: my wife has a passcode on her phone; but she had it when we met and she told me what it was unprompted. I don't have one and my little boy is making a lot of nuisance phone calls** cheesy!
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: Unless you bought the phone for her then you have no business knowing why she puts codes on it. Women usually just do it for security purposes in case it gets stolen or lost anyway.
Why then do you people complain when we say that "money rules women"
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 22, 2014
Tallesty1: Why then do you people complain when we say that "money rules women"
the point i was trying to make is that its not his phone and its not for him to decide what she does with it undecided
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: my point being it was her phone before you met, so u should let her be. Whats wrong about passcodes exactly? undecided i would really love to know
If you can't be open in a relationship then you better not go into it at all. He has access to all your body but not your phone? Does it make sense to you Why give him reason to suspect you?

I can't date nor marry such a lady.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by helen4(f): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2014
Phema: My husband can bar his phone all he wants, sofar he gives me the code.

But, if you are talking about barring her phone from you and refusing to give you the code, I will say its a red flag. I donot believe in "privacy" in marriage. She could as well remain single so she enjoys her privacy to the max.

Ask her why she barcodes her phones. If the explanation isn't satisfactory, then you decide if you want to live the rest of your marital life in "privacy" or you want out.
am right behind you.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2014
Tallesty1: If you can't be open in a relationship then you better not go into it at all. He has access to all your body but not your phone? Does it make sense to you Why give reason to suspect?

I can't date nor marry such a lady.
show me where he mentioned he had access to her body. So if a girl has access to your body she should have access to your bank account pin number too undecided stop being illogical. Some people keep important private info in their phones and their privacy should be respected. If she keeps her important pin codes in her phone, she shouldn't protect it because some random guy, who is not even fully committed, expects her to do so because he is insecure?
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:49am On Sep 22, 2014
Mondisweets: show me where he mentioned he had access to her body. So if a girl has access to your body she should have access to your bank account pin number too undecided stop being illogical
Read the topic again. It says wife not girlfriend
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:50am On Sep 22, 2014
You shouldn't have added if he didn't buy it
Mondisweets: the point i was trying to make is that its not his phone and its not for him to decide what she does with it undecided
Your wife's phone is your phone and you own is her own.
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2014
Tallesty1: Read the topic again. It says wife not girlfriend
if you read the first post at all u would realise the OP is referring to his gf not his wife undecided
Re: Married Men, How Would You Handle A Wife Who Bars Her Phone With Codes ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2014
Cheats everywhere............ In the name of defending the girl they are indirectly trying to justify their locked phones.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Before You Call It Quits... / Pls Help, My Happiness Is About To Be Turn To Sadness / Deciding To Love Or Falling In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.