Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56027 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by arresa: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

It can't be exaggerated if you really know Aba well. There are more than 50,000 shoe manufacturers and 20 pairs a piece is 1million.

It is impossible, no country on the surface of the earth moves million shoes a day.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 22, 2014
My hand nodey oooo

your people go kill you ooo

abeg, stop saying the truth ejoor

yorubakid1: I keep saying it that igbos are the brain box of this nation.proud of my Igbo brothers cool cool

8 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

It is impossible, no country on the surface of the earth moves million shoes a day.

Lol. How many people dey this earth sef.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by onwundiyoruba: 10:00am On Sep 22, 2014
OkijaAmaka: My hand nodey oooo

cheesy smiley smiley
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by omenka(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2014
Just imagine that!!! The potential of this country is just unimaginably vast!! Everywhere we are blessed, from natural resources to human capital!!

All we need is just a good leader in Abuja!!

Ps: that mucasine is dop€!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 100Cents: 10:04am On Sep 22, 2014
Ozonna:

When next you go to Aba, meet a shoe maker and tell him that you want foreign standard. He'll only ask you if you can afford it. If you agree on a price, get ready to collect a shoe that you'll pass down to your descendants cheesy.

Exactly !

7 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by abagoro(m): 10:06am On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

I now understand your point. You are talking about export outside the shores of Nigeria and not their daily sales or output which the topic used "export" to represent. Here are some common Aba shoes people erroneously buy as foreign.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by abagoro(m): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Now what is the condition of the environment of the shoemakers? They don't look rich to me despite this staggering turn over.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 100Cents: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2014
Haha.

Aba noo there !
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by IGBOSON1: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2014
Donmarrius: I have been longing for this.

Truth is that,its only Abia and Anambra,that can give Lagos a run for her money.

The administrations in Anambra starting from Obi to Obiano,are actually getting it right,but more needs to be done.

While in Abia,i was thinking Orji Uzor was either suffering from greed and hence,kept the state fund to himself or he is lucifer that took over the governance of Abia state,so as to imporvrish the people therein,untill i was able to understand that,T.A Orji,is the combination of the two,summarily tagged the "greedy luficer".

^^^It's like there's been no gov't in that state for the past 15+ years! If not for the independent, never-say-die attitude of the average Igbo (who doesn't wait for his gov't to provide everything) that state would have been a complete basket case by now and would have witnessed something similar to the crisis we see today in the north east!

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 100Cents: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2014
abagoro: Now what is the condition of the environment of the shoemakers? They don't look rich to me despite this staggering turn over.

Abeg, which location is this ?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by nigerianvenom(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2014
aryzgreat: The day I respect ABA was when an ABA tailor sew suit for me, people were asking me where I bought d Italian suit from. Trust me I have to enjoy d euphoria and swag by hyping the suit. Only me , d tailor and God know d ' Italian suit was ABA made.

I wish Abia will vote in a visionary leader to harness d potentials in that state.

My brother,few yrs ago while working in a bank,i got some suit from aba thru a known guy for just 10k each and it was about 4 suit.people found it hard to believe it was an aba made suit,even me myself d ask myself,"abi dem sew dis suit for aba or abi d guy d lie"?
D only issue i have with them is dat d dont promote their works like d italians

8 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ak47mann(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2014
ABA SHOES cool cool

9 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by asha80(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2014
nigerianvenom:

My brother,few yrs ago while working in a bank,i got some suit from aba thru a known guy for just 10k each and it was about 4suit wont believe people found it hard to believe it was an aba made suit,even me myself d ask myself,"abi dem sew dis suit for aba or abi d guy d lie"?
D only issue i have with them is dat d dont promote their works like d italians
if they put made in aba many people may not buy....so they put made in italy because of our colomentality...we should blame ourselves not the shoemakers

14 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Abagworo(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

Abeg, which location is this ?

That's Umuehilegbu industrial shoe cluster(Bakassi) which is near Ariaria market.

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by yorubakid1: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2014
OkijaAmaka: My hand nodey oooo

omoibos are the brain box of Nigeria.Am a truthful yorubakid and I will always live by the truth.
Without omoibos, Nigeria will be nothing

7 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kel4soft: 10:27am On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

Yes I know there. I hope you don't buy from those boys inside that mini market unless fairly used. 90% of Moccasin shoes worn in Nigeria are Aba made. Might even be more. Port-Harcourt boys don't wear Aba stuffs unless tricked into buying them.

Everyone in Nigeria wears Aba made since we are not all Politicians and oil workers. But, making Aba made shoe as your number 1 is my point. Even Ladies have mixtures of both including celebs.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ak47mann(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2014
asha80: if they put made in aba many people may not buy....so they put made in italy because of our colomentality...we should blame ourselves not the shoemakers
Even in popular lagos market (MANDILAS) a lot of shops over there sells many ABA shoes and trainers and it comes with a cheap price most people in nigeria dont have a clue that most of their shoe wears comes from ABA they think they are wearing foreign shoes cool

10 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by onwundiyoruba: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2014
more pics

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by CrinkumCrankum: 10:36am On Sep 22, 2014
aryzgreat: The day I respect ABA was when an ABA tailor sew suit for me, people were asking me where I bought d Italian suit from. Trust me I have to enjoy d euphoria and swag by hyping the suit. Only me , d tailor and God know d ' Italian suit was ABA made.

I wish Abia will vote in a visionary leader to harness d potentials in that state.

These guys are too much..... most cheap things from dubai are actually exported from ABA

10 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Lilimax(f): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2014
Mynd_44, Obinoscopy, OAM4J, Supermod- this topic deserve to be on the front page.

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by onwundiyoruba: 10:44am On Sep 22, 2014
more pcis

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by CrinkumCrankum: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

One million a day sounds way way more than exaggeration. Its utterly impossible from every angle. Even major shoe makers with better facilities and capacities all over the world can not move 1 million a day.

Bro, it is possible.... just a mini factory can make up to 100 to 200 shoes per dey in average and you know in Aba there are more than 5,000 of those mini business , do the remaining maths.....

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by CrinkumCrankum: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2014
django1:

Lol. How many people dey this earth sef.

7.2 Billion undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by omongbatim: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.

Old yoruba fooool

7 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 11:24am On Sep 22, 2014
Those guys are extremely talented! All they need is a little push by way of :
*provision of modern and automated shoe-making technique as against their current manual labour. : cool cool

*they may not need government money but they sure need infrastructure like constant electricity,a place like Aba needs an "independent power project" : cool cool

*they need a serious "REBRANDING"...they need a brand consultant to change the negative image that pple have as regards made-in-Aba products,..they can organise something like "Aba-fashion-week,Aba-trade-fair an so on. : cool cool

*laise and woo investors like MARK AN SPENCER,WRANGLER an other notable garments makers to set up an use Aba as a regional-hub for export...that is what they are are doing in places like Cambodia,Burma,Thailand and Indonesia : cool cool
and all this does not require a rocket science but "a responsible government",which Abia currently lacks. cool cool

I have a cousin that goes to buy aba-made shirts and pants,I just coudnt belif the ingenuity and creativity...the products,the finishing can stand the very best in the world. cool cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by nyabingi(m): 11:32am On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

I am interested in this business o.

What are you into ?

im a mareter but not into fashion, if u want to gi into the bizz, u'd need to connect wirh the Aba boys i Abia State
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by nyabingi(m): 11:32am On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

What are you into ?

im a marketer but not into fashion, if u want to gi into the bizz, u'd need to connect wirh the Aba boys i Abia State
100Cents:

What are you into ?

im a marketer but not into fashion, if u want to go into the bizz, u'd need to connect wirh the Aba boys i Abia State
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 22, 2014
There brand of Muccasines shoes is fast becoming the TradeMark in every campus in Nigeria.
-it suits any outfit.
-suits all weather.
-built rugged.
-& gives a special classy aura.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 11:55am On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

Its impossible only in ur mind bro.,the shoes are sold mostly to neighbouring countries an even less in Nigeria..I recall when there was problem of BAKKASSI BOYs in Aba,several trader coming from neborin countries complained bitterly of the disruption in their trade volume,I had the news on BBC's network on africa programme and somtin near that 1million was mention ...then not to talk of now
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Balkan(m): 11:56am On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

One million a day sounds way way more than exaggeration. Its utterly impossible from every angle. Even major shoe makers with better facilities and capacities all over the world can not move 1 million a day.
With Igbos with Biafran blood, Nothing is impossible. just believe.
Proudly Original Igbo

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE / i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!! / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.