Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56034 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
Most Lagosians doesn't realize that the shoes and slippers they buys in Lagos between N5,000 and N1500 are made in aba and sold for N1500 to N300. If you visit ariaria shoe industry and see how many Lagosians and Abuja based business men are trooping to buy goods from there you will be surprised.

The only thing killing Aba is BAD ROADS which is as a result of Bad Government and lack of opposition.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by DeeMain(m): 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.

I used to have so much respect for your views on NL. I thought you were an objective foreigner/US citizen giving Nigerians the other prespective till I looked more closely and observed your morbid hatred for anything Igbo...

Such crass waste of native intelligence!
Very sad indeed. Shame on you!

16 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by MadCow1: 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
fairheven:
No sir,quality is not a "destination", but quality is "a process". cool
we cant wait untill everything aligns perfectly,its one step at a time,just tink of the fact that Japanese products used to be regarded as inferior,later they became a standard for quality,then, later the Taiwanese,then the Chinese..today u know how far...china is the factory of the word.who know maybe aba is next in line? cool

Indeed quality is a process and Aba manufacturers have been known to pay little attention to this..

Remember that what these manufacturers are looking for is patronage from middle to upper class Nigerians who have money to spend on top products. The trick to getting top dollar for your product is making it top quality. Nigerian dress makers have started keying into this mentality and have started doing great clothes and some have even strutted their works on international catwalks in Milan, paris, London and New York.

I still believe that quality is the key problem with most made in Nigeria goods.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kajoula(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
weezii: Truth is, made-in-Aba shoes lasts longer than most "italian or foreign" shoes we get in boutiques these days. Nigeria simply needs to harness what it has on time
[size=18pt]Lie.....its made off inferior petroleum leather/fake rubber sole.....THOUGH,GOOD SHOE WORKS ARE MADE IN ABA,But we can aswell IMPROVE even if it means increase in price, LET'S HAVE GOOD/DURABLE NIGERIAN MADE SHOES.......MORE GREASE ..ABA PEOPLE,I GREET UNA[/size].
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Japan comes to my head once i hear Aba. Simply put, Aba=factory.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by GodMode: 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
yorubakid1: omoibos are the brain box of Nigeria.Am a truthful yorubakid and I will always live by the truth.
Without omoibos, Nigeria will be nothing

You are not yoruba.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.

even Nike with production factories all over the globe makes only 200,000 shoes daily.

omo you go fear lies! cheesy

no factories and less resources but these people still dey tell lies. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
Donmarrius: The Japan of African!
point of correction, china of africa. Nnewi is de Japan of africa

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
Speaking from 1st hand experience some aba made products really r durable. They're worth being patronized.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by sicily4u: 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
tooltip: Nairaland has finally exposed me.....aba shoes are durable and my shoe makers take more time and precision to make their shoes......different designs are availaible at very very very cheap prices.....I'll post more pics later...DISTRIBUTORS ARE. WANTED!...SUPPLY CAPACITY IS IN THOUSANDS.....08037974310

which side u dey for aba, Imo ave, powerline ,bakassi ?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by MadCow1: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
tooltip: Give us good roads,steady electricity,precision machines(some seams are better made with precision machines),and good leather materials and we can beat any international standards

Good roads and Electricity are indeed a right as a Nigerian.. However these affect mostly production cost directly and not necessarily quality..

Precision machines are not the government's business to provide for manufacturers, these entrepreneurs are responsible for purchasing the tools to better their craft. It's like a painter waiting on government to provide him with better brushes.. The manufacturers need to get loans from banks or a co-op and fund these machines. Also start targeting a different market that does not thrive on quantity but quality. Maybe break up their production line into mass production shoes and high-end market shoes. Also stop disguising their products under foreign labels as that has done more damage to their market repertoire.. They need to start laying ownership to their works with their own brands as that's the only way to become a household name. Sign pacts with Cattle and livestock farmers for hides and maybe even for processed hides rather than using imported leather.

I still have faith in made in Nigeria goods as I no longer buy most of my clothes (except t-shirts and jeans) but rather make my clothes with indigenous designers for cheap and almost same quality as I would get abroad.

The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.. They should keep at it and hopefully it gets better with time.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kajoula(m): 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
AustinEke: Speaking from 1st hand experience [size=18pt]some[/size] aba made products really r durable. They're worth being patronized.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by GodMode: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
gboss4sure: Most Lagosians doesn't realize that the shoes and slippers they buys in Lagos between N5,000 and N15,00 are made in aba and sold for N1500 to N300. If you visit ariaria shoe industry and see how many Lagosians and Abuja based business men are trooping to buy goods from there you will be surprised.

The only thing killing Aba is BAD ROADS which is as a result of Bad Government and lack of opposition.

Rubbish comment.

They make those shoes and slippers in Lagos.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ggoldmine: 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
MadCow1:

Indeed quality is a process and Aba manufacturers have been known to pay little attention to this..

Remember that what these manufacturers are looking for is patronage from middle to upper class Nigerians who have money to spend on top products. The trick to getting top dollar for your product is making it top quality. Nigerian dress makers have started keying into this mentality and have started doing great clothes and some have even strutted their works on international catwalks in Milan, paris, London and New York.

I still believe that quality is the key problem with most made in Nigeria goods.
I don't think wt u perceive as lack of quality is deliberately done with the intension to cheat..Wt these guys need are modern tool and equipment,and that is the only edge the Chinese and Italians have got over them.from the pictures you can see that most of their jobs are manual labour.thas is were government and investors come in cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Guk: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
Donmarrius: I have been longing for this.

Truth is that,its only Abia and Anambra,that can give Lagos a run for her money.

Why do they have to give Lagos a run for her money? Is there a competition? Is there a prize to be won? There are loads of people who thrive in other towns in Nigeria with no tie or whatsoevr to Lagos. Let each location tap & maximise its own resources rather than creating imaginary competition.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Kezifils(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
bright8:
Jealous never do well!! Stagnant f00l!

Allah, dis ur insult sweet me wella

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Kezifils(m): 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
CyberWolf: Anu mpama...uncircumcised pig angry

No mind am.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by samseen02(m): 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
This is d only way we can bring out the geniuity in us by promoting our local made products
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Cool
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

Bro, it is possible.... just a mini factory can make up to 100 to 200 shoes per dey in average and you know in Aba there are more than 5,000 of those mini business , do the remaining maths.....
The shoes we can see are HAND MADE . How many shoes can ONE PERSON make in ONE DAY and HOW MANY PEOPLE will it take to make a million shoes. Make we talk true na !!! Even Adidas don't make ONE MILLION A DAY WORLDWIDE
One million shoes a day at 2000 Naira per shoe is a 500 billion a year assuming they only work Mon-Fri.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

The issue with APGA was internal crisis if you really want to know. It deviated from protecting Igbo interest to acting as an arm of PDP because of the greed in Umeh. He(Umeh) was the one that negotiated the merger with APC and backed out last minute when Okorocha was already exposed. My take on the issue is that Igbos need to learn and understand politics better. That's one part we need Yoruba guidance. Politics is not buying and selling.

As for geometrics we need to support Nnaji to at least fire the plant and give Aba the best power supply in Nigeria as a model for others to follow. There are 2 other power plants in Aba but they supply national grid. Geometric is strictly for Aba and environs.

which one is Yoruba guidance?
U were making sense about the geometric thing till this.
We are igbos and we are nor all about buying and selling as you posited . thanks

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
aroleodua:

even Nike with production factories all over the globe makes only 200,000 shoes daily.

omo you go fear lies! cheesy

no factories and less resources but these people still dey tell lies. cheesy

I think you mixed up a lot of things with your comment, first is that Nike is a specialized shoe company which limits itselt to the following (Athletic footwear and apparel, sport equipments and other athletic and recreational products) where as Aba makes all classes of shoes , for all ages and gender, secondly is you mistook factories and giant manufacturing outfits for shoe making purposes where as all that it needed is the cluster layout for businesses which each cluster producing special parts of the shoes like the sole, buckles, lases etc, thirdly is having to use your limited world view to visualize Aba and imagine Aba cannot produce 1 Million shoes daily for export.

for your benefit a rough estimate of the number of shoe makers in Aba is between 50000 to 100000 and with each making and an average of 20 to 50 shoes daily. what this means is that from shoes alone Aba has N4b to N10B changing hands daily which if properly harnessed would over take Lagos GDP which someone put at roughly N100B/Annum
and the estimate of 1 millions shoes is actually an underestimation but a safe estimate

7 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
abagoro: Now what is the condition of the environment of the shoemakers? They don't look rich to me despite this staggering turn over.

Lol.
If u see a business man at nnewi, you won't know he is rich unless he is going for an occasion.
Otherwise, he is always on Cheap shirt and trouser, Dunlop or cheap slippers and drives a ladies machine everywhere

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by stechi(m): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
ggoldmine: Please where can I buy Original and affordable aba-made Female foot wears in Aba? I would luv to order on wholesale. my official numba: 08067105242.(please,text messages only)
do you want something like this?

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:

I think you mixed up a lot of things with your comment, first is that Nike is a specialized shoe company which limits itselt to the following (Athletic footwear and apparel, sport equipments and other athletic and recreational products) where as Aba makes all classes of shoes , for all ages and gender, secondly is you mistook factories and giant manufacturing outfits for shoe making purposes where as all that it needed is the cluster layout for businesses which each cluster producing special parts of the shoes like the sole, buckles, lases etc, thirdly is having to use your limited world view to visualize Aba and imagine Aba cannot produce 1 Million shoes daily for export.

for your benefit a rough estimate of the number of shoe makers in Aba is between 50000 to 100000 and with each making and an average of 20 to 50 shoes daily. what this means is that from shoes alone Aba has N4b to N10B changing hands daily which if properly harnessed would over take Lagos GDP which someone put at roughly N100B/Annum
and the estimate of 1 millions shoes is actually an underestimation but a safe estimate
Where do you get the numbers of the shoemakers from? What is the source of that information
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Lilimax(f): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Madcow1, you recommended that Aba shoe manufacturers should sign pacts with Cattle and livestock farmers for hides and maybe even for processed hides rather than using imported leather. undecided
I don't think it may be possible since Nigerians consumes most of the hides and skin we generate as food aka kpomo embarassed
I remembered when it was reported that the government want to bring out a policy to stop the sale of Kpomo, a lot of people
cried fowl all over the country. smiley
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by franconian: 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

It is impossible, no country on the surface of the earth moves million shoes a day.

grin grin That's 30m pair of shoes in a month. grin grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
For we wey be Aba boys we know wetin dey apn nah. Money dey this town cus pple dey trade and buy market anyhw, everyday thousands of traders from neighbouring countries come here to buy stuffs.

I rock my Aba made anywhere, even my Uncle that traveled out he always order for Aba products which he rocks about in Canada.

We know that market dey sell here, (ahia zu ga, onwe dey).
When I went to Lagos in 2008 I was shocked to see Aba shoes and clothes repackaged as Italiano in Balogun market and dat market around Satellite town, I don forget d name.
Na dat day my reps for Ariaria and New Market men increased 100%.

Na dis devil called T.A that wants to pin us down, bt still men dey craft pass other cities for this obodo naija.

Go to Port Harcourt road here and see how people craft the trunk of fuel tankers and 7up motor, only that dem no dey do the engine.

Let govt look into this city and u go see for urself.

8 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Onegai(f): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
Here's the thing:

If the Cooperative form together, get accountants, legal, an Audit firm and register, there are Nigerians such as myself who are willing to invest in them and get equity in the business. We give you money, you grow the business, pay us back our capital and agreed-upon interest or share of profit and go our separate way.

The only fear is Naija factor. Where money go lost, people you gave money to start to speak "Engrish" and avoid you when it comes back to repayment.

If they package well, there's no reason people won't buy. I would prefer Aba-made to Made in China.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Lilimax: Madcow1, you recommended that Aba shoe manufacturers should sign pacts with Cattle and livestock farmers for hides and maybe even for processed hides rather than using imported leather. undecided
I don't think it may be possible since Nigerians consumes most of the hides and skin we generate as food embarassed
I remembered when it was reported that the government want to bring out a policy to stop the sale of Kpomo, a lot of people
cried fowl all over the country. smiley

There is no need to ban kpomo .There are two sets of consumers competing for the same product; animal skin and so market forces will determine who prevails. It is the same with every other product so e.g. The fruit juice industry competes for fruit with fresh fruit eaters Wood pulp users compete for wood with builders,furniture makers etc. The users of steel are legion and they tend to contribute to increased prices for each other. In any case who is to say they must use local leather. Leather can be imported. Even if we were producing leather that leather would be competed for by foreign users of leather . Bangladesh is today one of the top leather producers but not necessarily the top producer of finished leather products

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE / i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!! / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.