Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:09 PM

Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. (15809 Views)

The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria / Fupre Oral Interview List Is Out / Fupre Post Ume Is Out At Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by emmabowin(m): 10:13am On Sep 27, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: fallacious reasoning...

Wah happens if he randomly shaded 50 wrong answers?

my friend, it can't happen. The likeliness that someone will shade 50 multiple choice questions with options of A-D or A-E and gets nothing is unfeasible. You can try it out. Write a marking scheme with options a-d and ask your friend to write either of a-d 50 times. He or she can't score 1 or 2 not to talk of 0. Be sincere with your findings
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2014
Elxandre: Do people really expect me to be calm when I am being humiliated by FUPRE?

I am an extreme introvert in real life, the only thing I hate is people trampling on my rights.

Why are you all defending a school and an admission process you know nothing about?
Almost all posts on Nairaland are always marred by little or no objectivity...just unnecessary emotions.

Yes! I didn't fail the exam!
Yes! U didn't fail the exam...go and pay d admission acceptance fee
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by ayusco85(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2014
crazyawesome911: No mod should move this thread Τ̅Ơ front page or nairaland will be sued. I'm a student of the school, and when I mean those students who Failed the post utme excercise did, they did. My school is one of the toughest schools in nigeria Τ̅Ơ study,(though with little popularity).

The school was founded in 2007, and there has never been a problem of unjust admission. Those that scored up Τ̅Ơ 20, 30 this year, are they with two heads?. Example: a boy named eze amara wrote our post utme two years ago and scored 16, he was denied admission. He wrote last year, scored 20, he was denied. He wrote this year and score 35 and he has been granted admission. In summary, He buckled up and learnt from his mistake too.

If Ɣ☺ΰ're so sure of your self, take the school Τ̅Ơ court so lecturers from different school can remark it. And if it turns out u failed?...

Mods, don't move this thread Τ̅Ơ Fp Τ̅Ơ avoid untrue rumours spreading and a school's reputation ruined.

Na ur fada get the school wey u go say make them no move the topic to front page to avoid ruining the school's reputation? Or are u their P.R.O? Shift joor make people see road comment
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2014
emmabowin:
my friend, it can't happen. The likeliness that someone will shade 50 multiple choice questions with options of A-D or A-E and gets nothing is unfeasible. You can try it out. Write a marking scheme with options a-d and ask your friend to write either of a-d 50 times. He or she can't score 1 or 2 not to talk of 0. Be sincere with your findings
guy, face reality...if u shade 50 incorrect options outta 50, u'd score 00.... Die mata abeg #no tym
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: Yes! U didn't fail the exam...go and pay d admission acceptance fee
LOL..bros which one be your own inside this Mata now? cheesy

We always ask for change in this Nigerian system.
One of the methods of effecting change, is by making sure everyone is treated fairly.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by amakufrancis(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: Yes! U didn't fail the exam...go and pay d admission acceptance fee
lol, Fupre fupre will be proud to be a graduate there. Only fupre can explain y the mass failure.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by amakufrancis(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2014
lol, Fupre fupre will be proud to be a graduate there. Only fupre can explain y the mass failure
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2014
Elxandre: Do people really expect me to be calm when I am being humiliated by FUPRE?

I am an extreme introvert in real life, the only thing I hate is people trampling on my rights.

Why are you all defending a school and an admission process you know nothing about?
Almost all posts on Nairaland are always marred by little or no objectivity...just unnecessary emotions.

Yes! I didn't fail the exam!
dnt mind their dumb reasoning. even if i do a guesswork, i will not score less than 10.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Ukutsgp(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: guy, face reality...if u shade 50 incorrect options outta 50, u'd score 00.... Die mata abeg #no tym
u are not making sense. stop behaving like a goat and listen to the voice of reason.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Segipaul: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
Truly they were 60 questns that day which were very simple so i took a deep breath and prayed before i started so not to be carried away by over confidence. To cut d story short i answered at least 50 out of the 60 correctly(i was very sure of my answers). When results came out we were made to pay 3k inorder for us to access our results. but what i saw baffled me, an ignominious score of 9 out of 50. Its a pity that the education system of nigeria has degraded to this level. I'm brooding even right now as i am typing this. All i can say is ALL IZ WELL!!
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by handie(m): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
check out this new and exciting crime and hair raising story that's developing on the literature segment named THE ADJACENT... Read and thank me later https://www.nairaland.com/1907590/
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ukutsgp: u are not making sense. stop behaving like a goat and listen to the voice of reason.
I know ur type... It is well
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Segipaul: Truly they were 60 questns that day which were very simple so i took a deep breath and prayed before i started so not to be carried away by over confidence. To cut d story short i answered at least 50 out of the 60 correctly(i was very sure of my answers). When results came out we were made to pay 3k inorder for us to access our results. but what i saw baffled me, an ignominious score of 9 out of 50. Its a pity that the education system of nigeria has degraded to this level. I'm brooding even right now as i am typing this. All i can say is ALL IZ WELL!!
long tym guy... Thot u opted for DELSU
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by LilPeezy(m): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: lwkmdo...yhu b waffi?
Yes Boss....I Repz Waf-city
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by beewhyfocs(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
I salute your maturity and response to the above replies. People like you ought to be given opportunity. My advice is for you to write to relevant authorities like NUC as advised by someone before now.

I also believe that anyone who scores above 200 in Jamb without any form of malpractice should be able to score averagely in any university entrance exam.

NB: I wrote Jamb in year 2000, so I am of the assumption that the standard is still intact.

Elxandre:
I still insist, only dull people speak without proof.
A sensible person seeks evidence before reaching conclusions.
Tell me why you think FUPRE is above errors?

On a good day, I don't even argue with people who think of their opinions as facts. I consider them mentally crippled. I blame my presently bad nerves for even replying you.

Speaking about maturity, if this is how mature people get emotional, banding around about issues they have no business with with, offering senseless illogical comments, I choose to remain a babe!

And no, in five years, I will be an accomplished personality, school or no school!

You are free to leave the thread...
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
beewhyfocs: I salute your maturity and response to the above replies. People like you ought to be given opportunity. My advice is for you to write to relevant authorities like NUC as advised by someone before now.

I also believe that anyone who scores above 200 in Jamb without any form of malpractice should be able to score averagely in any university entrance exam.

NB: I wrote Jamb in year 2000, so I am of the assumption that the standard is still intact.

Thank you sir.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by youngice(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Betapapa: Rather than asking them to remark the exam, call for your script and do a thorough comparison with their supposed marking guide. That's a more practicable approach.

Secondly, petition all the relevant authorities I.e JAMB,Federal ministry of Education and the Education minister (separately),Delta state ministry of education and the delta state commissioner for education (separately),National universities commission and human rights group like JDPC, CLO, human rights watch etc. Don't relent and hold forth till you come to a logical conclusion.

Finally, link/hook up with other candidates with the same predicament and create as much awareness as you can, make all the noise you can,occupy FUPRE if possible,protest peacefully and hold out for as long as you can till your demands are met.

I wish you all the best and I'd keep us posted as events go.
call for script in Nigeria ok
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by drhyma(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
crazyawesome911: No mod should move this thread Τ̅Ơ front page or nairaland will be sued. I'm a student of the school, and when I mean those students who Failed the post utme excercise did, they did. My school is one of the toughest schools in nigeria Τ̅Ơ study,(though with little popularity).

The school was founded in 2007, and there has never been a problem of unjust admission. Those that scored up Τ̅Ơ 20, 30 this year, are they with two heads?. Example: a boy named eze amara wrote our post utme two years ago and scored 16, he was denied admission. He wrote last year, scored 20, he was denied. He wrote this year and score 35 and he has been granted admission. In summary, He buckled up and learnt from his mistake too.

If Ɣ☺ΰ're so sure of your self, take the school Τ̅Ơ court so lecturers from different school can remark it. And if it turns out u failed?...

Mods, don't move this thread Τ̅Ơ Fp Τ̅Ơ avoid untrue rumours spreading and a school's reputation ruined.
shocked

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Jaglieski: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
Elxandre: I still can't find enough words to describe the injustice meted out to some Aspirants of FUPRE (Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State), in the recently concluded post utme exercise.

After stumbling upon the school on the internet, I did some internet search on this institution and discovered they prided themselves on being the first Petroleum Resource institution in Africa, and sixth in the world. I then concluded they were indeed prestigious, especially after my sister recommended them for my confused mind (I was ponderous at this moment on which university to fill on that JAMB form). Indeed I had University of Abuja foremost on my mind, before I had to rule it out, due to the unpredictable security issues in the north.

After writing JAMB, and getting through it well enough, despite the callous decision of the supervisors to switch off the computers with plenty minutes to go, I then proceeded to buy the Post UTME exam form.

Fast-forward to August 6, the day of the exam.
I arrived at the venue of the exam, not seeing any reason for failure or any meltdown of any sorts.

After queuing under the sun for six hours, (even under the rain) we finally got entrance into the exam venue.
Sincerely, when I got the question papers, my many months of ferocious reading seemed an overkill, as the exam was relatively easier than anything presented in the past questions. So, I did it happily under the stipulated 1 hour, happy to finally put the excessive stress and strain on me to rest.

Two weeks later, we were notified on the school's portal, about the availability of the results, but we had to pay Three thousand Naira to check the result.
I paid the required amount ( This money was later cancelled after some pressure from the SUG, but those who paid already are yet to be refunded) , but had to wait a few days before I could access the result.

Some few days later, on a cloudy afternoon, I logged in to check the result. What I saw shocked me to near heart attack. "post utme score: 8 0ut of 50" kept staring back at me from my phone screen. I thought I was going to collapse, and kept drinking cups of water, stupefied.

Still dazed, I headed online to see what others scored, only to see several complaints of similar scores, some 0 (zero), 5, 8 ,11 and several other funny scores. (marked over 50)
More depressing were the accompanying comments; "I am lifeless", "I feel like dying", "I am dead", "I am done with school"

I still don't get how I could get 16% out of a very easy exam compared to JAMB.
I sent mails to the school, seeking an inquest into the unhealthy situation or even to have my papers remarked, only to get NO reply.

Before filling out FUPRE as my choice of institution, I had to bring myself out of severe depression to undertake JAMB ( I lost my schooling in Ghana previously, due to some unfortunate financial circumstances). I toiled to read while motivating myself not to give up. I had no doubt in my mind I was going go excel.

It's September already, and the school is already at an advanced stage in the admission processes, with many already been given admissions. There has not been a single statement from the VC or the Management, addressing the Enforced failure.

I feel, we were taken for a ride and only monetarily exploited, since they have refused to address troops of disgruntled candidates who have so far stormed the school.

If the school is sure it's in the clear on this saga, why has it refused to yield to demands of remarking by the candidates, as any credible institution would?

It's a shame JAMB has to leave its students at the mercy of exploitative organizations like FUPRE, posing as credible tertiary institutions of learning.
Any school would even be curious, to know why students who comfortably passed JAMB, scoring at least 50% will then proceed to score 10% and even less in an inferior exam, but not FUPRE anyways.

I am slumping into depression again, as I can't bear being at home another due to FUPRE's gross injustice.

I don't speak for myself alone, but for the multitude of candidates who have been robbed of hope, and who may never summon up the energy to stay afloat to fight another day.

From an aggrieved FUPRE aspirant seeking justice.
I JUST SORRY FOR YOU. DEY HERE DEY FOOL YOURSELF. NEXT SESSION I DEY GO SCHOOL. BETTER GO READY FOR JAMB.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
Jaglieski:
I JUST SORRY FOR YOU. DEY HERE DEY FOOL YOURSELF. NEXT SESSION I DEY GO SCHOOL. BETTER GO READY FOR JAMB.
Senseless comment ignored!
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by drhyma(m): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
drhyma: shocked
na wa for you oo.. eze amara stays in my street and he lied to you. and now your lying to us.. and the funny thing is that he is a pastor' son.. he wrote fupre just last year cause he finished his secondary school last year.. he got 21. he was given industrial chem but he no take due to change of course. this year he got 35 and he has been giving his course which is pet.. what i just wanna tell you is that you should stop lyying here and stop making we the aspirants that were failed to feel like there is no hope.. GOD THEY

1 Like

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
OP, Forget these people saying you failed.

Smart people usually know how good or bad they did in an Exam.

It has happened to me before, I checked my results, I passed, but I was very sure I did better.
Went to the prof and it turned out that she forgot to add some marks.

Nigeria is a terrible place to seek for Justice.
My advice is to swallow this bitter pill and try again.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by CrudeGH: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: here comes anoda I.diot from Ghana
fuelish shitnigerian goat! apehole!

1 Like

Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
CrudeGH: fuelish shitnigerian goat! apehole!
serzly? I neva knew Ghanaians ar lyk dis... Wah shud I call dis? Jealousy or wah?

Btw, clap for urself... A Nigerian just quoted u..aliss u'd add dah to ur list of achievements
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
CrudeGH: fuelish shitnigerian goat! apehole!
Bros please stop this! Haba!
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Elxandre(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
ALKARULEZ615: serzly? I neva knew Ghanaians ar lyk dis... Wah shud I call dis? Jealousy or wah?

Btw, clap for urself... A Nigerian just quoted u..aliss u'd add dah to ur list of achievements
Oga stop naw! Una don start again.
At least not on this thread.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by ALKARULEZ615(m): 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
LilPeezy: Yes Boss....I Repz Waf-city
same here bro... I greet u area-ly
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Adorablemom: 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
pls wat should we do, they said no result check later, pls advise
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by kattyagbagidi(f): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
op. I believe n understand your pain. My younger brother d brightest in my house he also took d exam n scored 11 put of 50. He's so depress all he cud say is dat he dose not understand how n wat happened. He has never failed exam before n always on double promotion. D sch really should re mark.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by amazingemy9: 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
Men am short of words,I really don't know what else to say,seem that u guys have said it all.
One is that I have always known fupre for the kind of simple looking exams they do set esp during postume.at ist u might think its easy bt once the results re out,u see a lot of people complaining of this same thing u re doing now,permit me to tell u that majority of students in Fupre re those that wrote the postume twice or more,all I can tell u bro is to prepare harder for next year.
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Andy790(m): 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
Guy u a big fool o
& d person dat brought diz to front page is a terrible fool....
Re: Fupre's Shambolic Admission Process. by Andy790(m): 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
Neldrizzy: shotop... i say shotop.... Ur school is so poor and incompetent. How can som1 score 8, 10 out of 50? Even if naa guess work d person do, such can never happen... Its a pity... Ur school need proper scrutinising from NUC..
Chaiii bt u a very big fool oooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FUTA Students Win National Mathematics Competition, To Represent Nigeria In Bulg / Covenant Universit Now Among Top 700 Universities - Times Higher / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.