Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:03 PM

Has Anyone Been To Gabon? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Been To Gabon? (11351 Views)

522 West Africans Repatriated From Gabon Over Illegal Travel Papers / Visa To Gabon / Pictures Of Gabon! (2) (3) (4)

Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by ToddTerry: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2006
I would like to visit Gabon? Does anyone know who flies between Lagos and Gabon?
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Constantin: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2006
Hi Todd Terry

why Gabon? what do you want to do there? They all speak French, it is a nice and rich country but also (partly excessively) expensive, Gabon has just got slightly more 1 million inhabitants (300 000-400 000 immigrants are already included in that figure). The country is half the size of France.

Do you want to visit Libreville, Port Gentil or Franceville (three "major" cities) in Gabon? Their capital has just got less than 500 000 people. There used to be an Air Gabon service between Lagos and Libreville but as the airline in a phase of complete restructuring presently, it stopped all their African routes. They only fly now to Paris (oly international route) and the two other main cities in Gabon (Port Gentil and Franceville).
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Constantin: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2006
Hi Todd Terry

why Gabon? what do you want to do there? They all speak French, it is a nice and rich country but also (partly excessively) expensive, Gabon has just got slightly more than 1 million inhabitants (300 000-400 000 immigrants are already included in that figure). The country is half the size of France.

Do you want to visit Libreville, Port Gentil or Franceville (three "major" cities) in Gabon? Their capital has just got less than 500 000 people. There used to be an Air Gabon service between Lagos and Libreville but as the airline in a phase of complete restructuring presently, it stopped all their African routes. They only fly now to Paris (oly international route) and the two other main cities in Gabon (Port Gentil and Franceville).
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Rolly: 12:08am On Aug 01, 2006
why Gabon? what do you want to do there?

exactly!!!! Gabon? for wat?!!!
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Constantin: 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2006
Hi Todd Terry

Here are a couple of photos on Gabon´s second largest city named "Port Gentil" which means "Friendly Port" translated from French. It is located south of Libreville the country´s capital and it is bigger than "Franceville" (the country´s third largest city which is the interior of the country). I found the photos on the net. Port Gentil has just got around 100 000 inhabitants and looks tranquil and really nice. Been there myself once.

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQs_Q0KvWrCY9uwgY6_yRRnkz1_RBe0h5IVn7GUR7DkKFKYTCRSKb9mLcJA7LQWbIomeRWgvQVw-nn5NSARfVI4R9Gqbjtu30p7GqBpBmw03lEm4jfeWldFk[/img]

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQuHsEPgG-ACzPeGkJ4KLxB9YPthavdAOIjB-Fx2pIYuLhrtKWmO_xmC4SjFSgL-dvglxkyAtKsi6jbBVYRP5nadORcCbiO6e1gJv3SJkUkTBIA1Y-2H14Ew[/img]

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQue0-EBISyqwcajuK7JgfbklDvpu-lUnb6XnBORupofX6WU71whAvknj5inDyvQ1VSrZFGsORyQi91LOAIkmcLYQaYK5hOLpDtGfJ5KlwDd1gotse8y6L0Q[/img]

some street scenes, looks how well-tarred the roads are, wondeful cheesy

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQs6RRpms4_235czln4OCQQOkjUkEP2X2iZQ1KIYTDoAQV9hkn5thLptPK6DY95mEb4p0Xdhbi_cAHsDeP0l4os2R_4IemUf9dK6eX_y9aClmr4AN5753YgQ[/img]

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQtGMdlK3zSD4Gw3KTZEY_YmyO3wpetY7cYwY9ZkylqsUffS2otQZtOf7l2m7wek05LOhFm4nIvnE5qtHKUsRBlEKlIh-vb72WGIvu4JWlShhYcSXrsCm9OM[/img]

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQoJtnXjElCIJMjkq86hngCzN1Mbwdc1qkBLVZ__1e2CC7av-0lf8ZkcXWnJv6wZhDEoMeHsfTx8zuBC3Nrr0hpojtr8VWh9VtKfs8ab2mZMS4WA4dVluZK0[/img]

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQoP81LyJRFZ2nx-UsjRL1hU264suGISgLYYaY6kkQ04SDZt3rM0ZOhL34t_VbAJZfiNuOQMDYKoY7zqNLIMlsyKtfZNLog64nbX-oexbE2s22Kc79mo-vjs[/img]

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQgTp_LA35uk6aYiM9w_tEH0q9-N9U_YzeGibhAHVGZc1wblbEhRDOFvxelWlnnWixPDnKPzUITjsEWCgaTdp6IZzVD9XV7noDc_N8dCOTTBwGgrXTnXgwk4[/img]

Have a look at the beaches, they are like on the French Antilles in the Carrebean around Port Gentil

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQo_8lPSpoNldgVqWtBmWDDuwC8zPKvSlsGwVKIx7of6bLfmBYHfelqZoR3zjXmp24u1AXALYE2KVli5oB5sTZ4IrJgzF51ZfaUDYCSCx86KQp9ct8G_InqQ[/img]

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQtA3LbyoIepnDkad1mKRUUamNQupdatop7iWqBiFuGPOvGEe2GAz9a0J9qtx0Z4AqA3yRJlBKGBNoY1viph8lBsUEIAQL8rGw7EYWDGkQdkS[/img]

[img]http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o51xk56WymaXQs1sOnZpJ8IV4FXKTfhsrVnYepYssqimvbX6xtZup9TgN2M0Iwsd0_qMKk6oO49c-g-VAKIW4dXHGdhFTTDLu6LMEmBP8uE-mNCOCVuV_qDAc4nHfGeQF8o[/img]

a tourist village

MISS GABON 2004 (won Miss Malaika Award)

Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by ToddTerry: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2006
Thanks Constantin. Gabon looks really nice. Too bad no flights between Nigeria and Gabon. Would hate to think you have to fly all the way back to Paris to get to Gabon.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Constantin: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2006
Todd Terry,

yes, presently that is the case, as I said above Air Gabon is currently restructuring and the only international flight left in their network is Paris now. Air Gabon no longer serves any African routes. It only flies to Paris and the domestic routes. This is really weird. but one can go from Cameroon on cameroon airlines or via Abidjan with Air Ivoire in côte d´ivoire to Gabon. This is all I know. Why Are you interested in Gabon, Todd?
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by naijadiva2(f): 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2006
no one even thinks about "gabon". i even forgot it existed.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by naijadiva2(f): 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2006
however it looks like a beautiful place.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Constantin: 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2006
HI NAIJA DIVA,

The reason is that it has been one of the few African countries that have always remained tranquil and realtively economically thriving from its days of independance. the press never like to show the better side of our continent when there are still some “Liberias” raging on. cry

Gabon is really nice, been there myself. Although Gabonese society is also traditional the country has culturally been heavily influenced by France. ([b]very visible in the urban centres: many shopping facilities same as in France, cultural activities, fashion labels and shows, restaurants, cafés, patisseries, swanky nightclubs, all Gabonese speak a very good French on the streets and even to each other, you have tons of French experts in governement , in schools and universities, managers in business , French lawyers, doctors, IT-consultants, architects, and even pilots, France has three military permanent bases in Gabon in order to defend the country from outside attacks, their currency used to be tied to the French Franc and is now to the euro--> gives a lot of monetary stability to Gabon etc, ). Gabonese people love to go to France for holidays or to further their studies there. France always had a sort of special relationship to that country, even during colonialism which has been very soft and "easy-going" in Gabon as opposed to other colonial powers in Africa. Libreville´s waterfront is even modelled after Nice in France[/b] (of course much smaller). When you take out the immigrants, Gabon has just got 700 000 native Gabonese but a relatively large permanent French community (20 000 to 30 000 people, largest French community in Sub-saharan Africa apart from Senegal, I have been told). Many have children who are already born in Gabon and have dual citizenship, and you see maaannnyy mixed couples and mulattos and mulattas there. Some say that Gabonese are due to their wealth pretty arrogant and they consider themselves "a class of its own in Africa", to my mind, there are snobs there, too, as everywhere in the world but also very nice and calm people. Very relaxed lifestyle.

This is one massive waterfront project that will soon be built in Libreville at a staggering cost of 500 Million Dollars. Replete with a megamall, a marina, office facilities, an exhibition centre and an amusement area (bowling, ice-skating, cineplex etc.) and two designer luxury hotels, too.

Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by forgiven(m): 4:35am On Oct 03, 2006
Gabon is a kool place if u speak french. bellview flies direct to gabon, twice a week and the fare is 66k, return ticket. easy money making in gabon. pretty expensive too. u get their visa at the port of entry but with an invitatoin letter they call ordre de misson. i've been there and looking forward to going back there when i perfect my french
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by onatisi(m): 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2006
i was there in 1997 for about 6 months b4 i came bask , i stayed at port nomba it is a fishing area at the outskirt of libreviell , gabon is cool but they were hostile to nigerians. you will to hear this , THEY LIKE SEX A LOT , MOST OF THE LADIES ARE SINGLE PARENT , THEY ARE IN LOVE WITH THEIR BEER REGAB , MAKOSSA AND ALL NIGHT SEX .
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Constantin: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2006
onaisis, and you forget French champagne, upper and middle class in urban centres are heavy champagne drinkers. Believe me or not but Gabon held the record of champagne drinking per head in the 80´s IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Even today they import French champagne like mad,
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by forgiven(m): 3:45am On Oct 07, 2006
onatisi:

i was there in 1997 for about 6 months before i came bask , i stayed at port nomba it is a fishing area at the outskirt of libreviell , gabon is cool but they were hostile to nigerians. you will to hear this , THEY LIKE SEX A LOT , MOST OF THE LADIES ARE SINGLE PARENT , THEY ARE IN LOVE WITH THEIR BEER REGAB , MAKOSSA AND ALL NIGHT SEX .

Very correct there. It is typical of French people anyway. It's all about sex for their ladies.

Constantin:

onaisis, and you forget French champagne, upper and middle class in urban centres are heavy champagne drinkers. Believe me or not but Gabon held the record of champagne drinking per head in the 80´s IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Even today they import French champagne like mad,

Separating Gaboness and champagne is like trying to separate women/ladies and mirror or better still, ibo girls and money. Till tomorrow Gabonees and champagne/beer are like mpnkey and banaana
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Constantin: 11:03am On Oct 07, 2006
forgiven , ohhh you really made me laugh cheesy :Dbecause there is something true you said. Have you been to Gabon?
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by forgiven(m): 4:23am On Oct 08, 2006
Constantin:

forgiven , ohhh you really made me laugh cheesy :Dbecause there is something true you said. Have you been to Gabon?

I go there everyother month
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by dblock(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2006
naija_diva:

no one even thinks about "gabon". i even forgot it existed.
Stop dissing Gabon, it must be an alright place, why are yall trying to convince Todd to go elsewhere, it's like one new tourist but no yall gotta stop it grin grin, sorry Gabon cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2006
its a nice place. cheesy
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by uyigue1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
plss can any one tell me how to get gabon visa plsss
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by 0b10010011: 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Constantin:
Hi Todd Terry

why Gabon? what do you want to do there? They all speak French, it is a nice and rich country but also (partly excessively) expensive, Gabon has just got slightly more 1 million inhabitants (300 000-400 000 immigrants are already included in that figure). The country is half the size of France.

Wow! Do u still reside in Gabon?
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by 0b10010011: 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
forgiven:

I go there everyother month

Hello, Do you still frequent Gabon?
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by buddy221(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hi, my name is Christian. Can anyone tell me more about gabon. How about jobs, means of surviving and the people. How do I go about geting there visa? Or are there any other ways of geting there. Anybody already there or have been there before shuld help out. I heard gabon is good place to visit. I also heard that there are more menial jobs one can do. How about the people? Are they friendly?. Please every good info will be highly appreciated.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by Riken: 11:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
Hi everyone, glad to see you have been numerous to inquire to come to Gabon. I read most of your messages, in 2006 I was still in high school, in 2007 I moved to South Africa and returned to Gabon 10 years later. Nigerians are all over the world and I believe that if here are more than 500k Cameroonian citizens, Nigerians might be beyond 200k. Nigerian influence is well beyond Nigeria's borders and most Gabonese citizens are already travelling a lot. One of my sisters lived for years in Victoria Island unfortunately I never went for a visit. Next year I am moving to Lagos for a sabbatical leave, it will be a way to discover the country and have some rest. Any ideas of what to do? I am creative into art and design, I might take some time to study the environment and later open a design studio.
Re: Has Anyone Been To Gabon? by utrills(f): 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
Riken:
Hi everyone, glad to see you have been numerous to inquire to come to Gabon. I read most of your messages, in 2006 I was still in high school, in 2007 I moved to South Africa and returned to Gabon 10 years later. Nigerians are all over the world and I believe that if here are more than 500k Cameroonian citizens, Nigerians might be beyond 200k. Nigerian influence is well beyond Nigeria's borders and most Gabonese citizens are already travelling a lot. One of my sisters lived for years in Victoria Island unfortunately I never went for a visit. Next year I am moving to Lagos for a sabbatical leave, it will be a way to discover the country and have some rest. Any ideas of what to do? I am creative into art and design, I might take some time to study the environment and later open a design studio.

Pls can we connect

Lagos Light Rail To Commence Operation 2022 – Official / South Africa Or China ? / 6 Countries Where The Sun Never Sets And Where There Is No Night