Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea (4869 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) / Four yoruba Ndlea Staff Caught In Drug Trafficking. / Nigeria Woman Sets New Record In Drug Smuggling – US Customs!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Gamine(f): 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2008
No body ever implied that the other parts of the country didnt have problems.

or that its the North causing Nigerias problems.

undecided

I know you arent fazed, but its isnt about tribes, the North isnt a tribe.
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by ikeyman00(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2008
haha

like i said usman una need that helicopter up in thhe north so see cearly that gutter odour
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by SisiJinx: 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2008
Let’s just say when statement like [b]“Hausa and drugs? They do Ashawo and Goro, didn’t know they do drugs this much” [/b]is made, we’ve moved to making it about a tribe.

Did you read all of pepperspray’s comments about the Hausa’s holding Nigeria back? If you didn’t, please do. . . Riveting stuff I tells ya. I especially like the part where she railed at Ifygurl, who made the mistake of letting it slip that her grandfather was Hausa. Oh poor gurl. . . it was one of those one of those moments where I wished I could use my vampire powers to and set things right for her.

Okay getting off my soap box now.

[size=5pt]Ughh! Saturday afternoons are the worst! Nothing good on TV and too lazy to go out.[/size]

ikeyman00:

haha

like i said usman una need that helicopter up in thhe north so see cearly that gutter odour

Your blood gave me heartburn, prolly from all that boiling it did over our Jamaican friend . . . I think I'm gonna trade you in for a better, healthier, more cool, calm and collected even in the face of a cute girl blood source.

Don't beg me, I've made up my mind already! grin
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by MCUsman(m): 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2008
Just when you are forced to believe that all junkies live in the north.

E X P O S E D!!! Shopping complex in Festac town where anything goes
Written by ALBERT AKPOR
Vanguard Saturday, 08 November 2008

•Hard drugs, Indian Hemp freely sold ‘Aso Rock villa’ is no go area *Safe haven for call girls
•16 year-old girl raped to death

•Residents at the mercy of hoodlums

Even the people that lived in the town were cultured. The set up was such that it will scare criminals from the town. So, it was unimaginable to envisage any case of criminality in the town. This was because, it was restricted to residents alone. Visitors are cautious not to miss their ways and the only vehicles that were authorized into the town were the Lagos State Municipal Transport Service (LSMTS).

The gigantic gate with the bold inscription ‘WELCOME TO FESTAC TOWN‘ clearly explained the restrictiveness of the town. Movement in and out of the estate were monitored.

However, all that is now history. The Festac Town of today is worse than a dunghill. Most of the original owners have since sold their flats to ready buyers and Festac town is more of a commercial center than residential now. It is has become an all comers affair. Armed robbery and other social vices have become the order of the day.

Perhaps, more intriguing and disturbing is the discovery of a shopping complex located on 4th Avenue otherwise known as 23 Road shopping complex. Crime Guard investigation showed that this complex was originally built to serve as a market place for residents following the peculiar nature of its location.

But today, that complex thrive in unimaginable notoriety. It has now been overtaken by hoodlums, and all manner of criminal activities take place there. Hard drugs, including cocaine, heroine and India Hemp are freely sold. Girls of easy virtue have found the complex a safe haven for their inglorious act. Most of them including their customers permanently live in the complex. Sources said an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) also lives in this complex. There are areas that are restricted.

For instance, only the notorious and wealthy ones known as ‘big boys’ live in an area popularly called “Aso Rock Villa” Cases of incessant fight over non-payment for services rendered by these call girls to the occupants of ‘Aso Rock Villa’ abound. Recently, a sixteen- year-old girl simply identified as Grace from Akwa Ibom state was reportedly raped to death in the ‘Villa’ while her lifeless body was carefully dumped in a nearby mechanic workshop.

Curiously, there are those who genuinely do business in this shopping complex. But at the close of the day, frontages of their stalls were turned to temporary motel. When Crime Guard visited the complex, some of the suspected hoodlums were deeply asleep, reclining in chairs in most of the decrepit stalls. Some were just loafing around smoking weeds suspected to be Indian Hemp.

In the midst of this, residents seem to be handicapped and have resigned to fate. Remarked a resident who simply identify himself as Mr. Festus from Bayelsa state: “ I am surprised that you people (pressmen) are just knowing the evil that had pervaded this so called shopping complex. There is no kind of criminal activity that does not take place here. It is unfortunate that you are here in the day time. If you had come at night say, from 6.30pm you would have been in a better position to appreciate what we see here on daily basis.

At every corner inside the complex, it is a common sight to see these girls openly having sex with their customers. Sometimes, they do it right inside some of these commercial vehicles parked by the complex. The sad aspect of the whole thing is that a team of policemen from Festac Division comes here regularly to collect their entitlement and pretend as if nothing bad is happening. Everyday we cry of armed robbery whereas those perpetrating the crimes actually live amongst us. So, tell me why would there not be crime or armed robbery in festac town?

One pathetic instance was that, we woke up here one morning and discovered a lifeless body of a young girl, about sixteen years old. On careful scrutiny, we found out that she was sexually assaulted and may have died during the marathon sex. We thought that may discourage other girls that flood here every night for the purpose, but that was not to be.

The police, other law enforcement agencies and even officials of the local government Area are all aware of what goes on in this complex. We that are landlords here have had to resign to fate and embrace the bitter reality. The only thing you people (journalists) can help us to do now is to tell the relevant government to come to our rescue, because we are just tired of the ungodly activities going on in this shopping complex.”

Incidentally, while residents of 4th Avenue loath the criminal activities going on in the said shopping complex, some artisans especially the panel beaters and mechanics expressed mix feelings about the complex. According to them, the presence of the call girls provides relief of some sort to them because they can comfortable satisfy their sexual urge without necessarily paying from their noses. Remarked Fatai, a Panel Beater: “Oga, apart from the fact that some of the big boys living in Aso Rock Villa does criminal activities in this complex, me, I like as the shopping complex dey near us oo! Some times, if that thing hungry us, some times the girls them can collect even N300 to N500 for one round. Even some times if you no get money, they fit do you for credit and you pay the following day. So, gofment can drive the criminals wey dey sell cocaine and Igbo (Indian Hemp) out and allow the girls to remain.!”
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by MCUsman(m): 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2008
@ Gamine
@ DPZ

i bet this also took place in Kano.
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by SisiJinx: 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2008
Aaah! Yes, Let the one Upmanship begin.

@ MC Usman
Usman, yaya dai? Su na ce (proverb) "muna girma, muna cin kasa?" . . . Ka ganewa?

Well that's exactly what this is. angry
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by ikeyman00(m): 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2008
Usman, yaya dai? Su na ce (proverb) "muna girma, muna cin kasa?" . . . Ka ganewa?

Well that's exactly what this is.

jinx y u like vampire language a lot! u need to drop it
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Gamine(f): 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2008
@McUsman

You dont make sense to me,

and yeah, such things happen in KANO,

if someone pointed this kind of article to you from the north

za ku surutu,

Ba na ganewa ku

oh ok, scratch that.

I actually do.

@Sisi,

thanks for the examples

still , we all know that The North isnt a Tribe.

Really, i dont know whats wrong in pointing out something wrong in a certain place

even if Deepzone made it about Hausa, she wasnt the one who started this topic

so well, if you want to keep going off topic with her, its left to you.

undecided
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by DeepZone: 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2008
MC Usman:

Written by ALBERT AKPOR

•Hard drugs, Indian Hemp freely sold ‘Aso Rock villa’ is no go area *Safe haven for call girls

Even the people that lived in the town were cultured. The set up was such that it will scare criminals from the town. So, it was unimaginable to envisage any case of criminality in the town. This was because, it was restricted to residents alone. Visitors are cautious not to miss their ways and the only vehicles that were authorized into the town were the Lagos State Municipal Transport Service (LSMTS).

The gigantic gate with the bold inscription ‘WELCOME TO FESTAC TOWN‘ clearly explained the restrictiveness of the town. Movement in and out of the estate were monitored.

However, all that is now history. The Festac Town of today is worse than a dunghill. Most of the original owners have since sold their flats to ready buyers and Festac town is more of a commercial center than residential now. It is has become an all comers affair. Armed robbery and other social vices have become the order of the day.

Perhaps, more intriguing and disturbing is the discovery of a shopping complex located on 4th Avenue otherwise known as 23 Road shopping complex. Crime Guard investigation showed that this complex was originally built to serve as a market place for residents following the peculiar nature of its location.

But today, that complex thrive in unimaginable notoriety. It has now been overtaken by hoodlums, and all manner of criminal activities take place there. Hard drugs, including cocaine, heroine and India Hemp are freely sold. Girls of easy virtue have found the complex a safe haven for their inglorious act. Most of them including their customers permanently live in the complex. Sources said an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) also lives in this complex. There are areas that are restricted.

For instance, only the notorious and wealthy ones known as ‘big boys’ live in an area popularly called “Aso Rock Villa” Cases of incessant fight over non-payment for services rendered by these call girls to the occupants of ‘Aso Rock Villa’ abound. Recently, a sixteen- year-old girl simply identified as Grace from Akwa Ibom state was reportedly raped to death in the ‘Villa’ while her lifeless body was carefully dumped in a nearby mechanic workshop.

Curiously, there are those who genuinely do business in this shopping complex. But at the close of the day, frontages of their stalls were turned to temporary motel. When Crime Guard visited the complex, some of the suspected hoodlums were deeply asleep, reclining in chairs in most of the decrepit stalls. Some were just loafing around smoking weeds suspected to be Indian Hemp.

In the midst of this, residents seem to be handicapped and have resigned to fate. Remarked a resident who simply identify himself as Mr. Festus from Bayelsa state: “ I am surprised that you people (pressmen) are just knowing the evil that had pervaded this so called shopping complex. There is no kind of criminal activity that does not take place here. It is unfortunate that you are here in the day time. If you had come at night say, from 6.30pm you would have been in a better position to appreciate what we see here on daily basis.

At every corner inside the complex, it is a common sight to see these girls openly having sex with their customers. Sometimes, they do it right inside some of these commercial vehicles parked by the complex. The sad aspect of the whole thing is that a team of policemen from Festac Division comes here regularly to collect their entitlement and pretend as if nothing bad is happening. Everyday we cry of armed robbery whereas those perpetrating the crimes actually live amongst us. So, tell me why would there not be crime or armed robbery in festac town?

One pathetic instance was that, we woke up here one morning and discovered a lifeless body of a young girl, about sixteen years old. On careful scrutiny, we found out that she was sexually assaulted and may have died during the marathon sex. We thought that may discourage other girls that flood here every night for the purpose, but that was not to be.

The police, other law enforcement agencies and even officials of the local government Area are all aware of what goes on in this complex. We that are landlords here have had to resign to fate and embrace the bitter reality. The only thing you people (journalists) can help us to do now is to tell the relevant government to come to our rescue, because we are just tired of the ungodly activities going on in this shopping complex.”

Incidentally, while residents of 4th Avenue loath the criminal activities going on in the said shopping complex, some artisans especially the panel beaters and mechanics expressed mix feelings about the complex. According to them, the presence of the call girls provides relief of some sort to them because they can comfortable satisfy their sexual urge without necessarily paying from their noses. Remarked Fatai, a Panel Beater: “Oga, apart from the fact that some of the big boys living in Aso Rock Villa does criminal activities in this complex, me, I like as the shopping complex dey near us oo! Some times, if that thing hungry us, some times the girls them can collect even N300 to N500 for one round. Even some times if you no get money, they fit do you for credit and you pay the following day. So, gofment can drive the criminals wey dey sell cocaine and Igbo (Indian Hemp) out and allow the girls to remain.!”

Source pleeeeeze!!!

How are you sure that the drug dealers are not Northerners living in lagos? undecided
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by DeepZone: 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2008
Did you read all of pepperspray’s comments about the Hausa’s holding Nigeria back? If you didn’t, please do. . . Riveting stuff I tells ya. I especially like the part where she railed at Ifygurl, who made the mistake of letting it slip that her grandfather was Hausa. Oh poor gurl. . . it was one of those one of those moments where I wished I could use my vampire powers to and set things right for her.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by DeepZone: 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2008
MC Usman:

But then do not pretend everything is alright down south.

The south is doing just fine and I'll appreciate it if you take out the large speck in your eye first before looking Southwards. undecided
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Morenike3(f): 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2008
SISI Jinx, lol, you're a smilie maniac. tongue tongue tongue
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by JJYOU: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2008
MC Usman:

Written by ALBERT AKPOR

aboki, are u not supposed to be looking after liberian girls on humanitarian service? how come u have time to do this?

how do you know it is not your hausa / fulani doing this vile things all over the place? we had load of hausa's in my area those days. nairaland would be shocked to know how morally bankrupt some of the alhaji's were. all the small pickin in the area na them show them wetin man fit do woman in exchange for carrot or suya.

so u no see hausa for lagos?
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by DeepZone: 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2008
how do you know it is not your hausa / fulani doing this vile things all over the place? we had load of hausa's in my area those days

Burantashi is a narcotic and guess the major distributors and consumers? undecided
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by JJYOU: 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2008
you see the quantity of drugs being produced by their cousins in afghanistan and pakistan.
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by SisiJinx: 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2008
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by SisiJinx: 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2008
*Morenike:

SISI Jinx, lol, you're a smilie maniac. tongue tongue tongue
LOL! I know!!!! I can't help myself! I'm trying to hide under the whole "A Picture is worth a thousand words" thingy but I suspect that isn't gonna hold water for much longer. Who know, I might be the first to get banned for smiley overuse. grin
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by SisiJinx: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2008
JJYOU:

aboki, are u not supposed to be looking after liberian girls on humanitarian service? how come u have time to do this?

how do you know it is not your hausa / fulani doing this vile things all over the place? we had load of hausa's in my area those days. nairaland would be shocked to know how morally bankrupt some of the alhaji's were. all the small pickin in the area na them show them wetin man fit do woman in exchange for carrot or suya.

so u no see hausa for lagos?

You don't say?? shocked shocked

Please tell us more. . . oh won't you tell us more stories of how far our tentacles of evil has reached? The Americas? Europe. . . oh what the heck, let's go for broke and say the entire world.

Next Stop. . . Mars! Them Aliens better start quaking in their metallic boots.

Cooliooooooo cool
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Ifygurl: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

LOL! I know!!!! I can't help myself! I'm trying to hide under the whole "A Picture is worth a thousand words" thingy but I suspect that isn't going to hold water for much longer. Who know, I might be the first to get banned for smiley overuse. grin

SisiJinX

Why are you defending yourself.  You know if you fight too much, you'll be banned before you know it. LOL  grin

I guess sterotypes like moving from one place to another.
Before it was Igbo people that sell drugs in Nigeria and now Hausa's are the ones getting blamed for it.
Wonder what tribe will be next?  

@ the rest of you guys

Ya'll claim the way the North thinks is backwards.  
Ever looked at your comments in another person's point of view?
Wonder what you'll call that?  
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Sauron1: 10:53pm On Nov 08, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

You don't say?? shocked shocked

Please tell us more. . . oh won't you tell us more stories of how far our tentacles of evil has reached? The Americas? Europe. . . oh what the heck, let's go for broke and say the entire world.

Next Stop. . . Mars! Them Aliens better start quaking in their metallic boots.

Cooliooooooo cool

Where is this coming from?
Yoruba peops are this, Igbo peops are that, Hausa men are those. . . . .
I really think Nigeria should split.
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by SisiJinx: 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2008
@ Ifygurl
I is jest playin' around! grin

~Sauron~:

Where is this coming from?
Yoruba peops are this, Igbo peops are that, Hausa men are those. . . . .
I really think Nigeria should split.

Where is it coming from. . .  You asking me? Ask the Nazi General who is declaring her love on the romance section. See why I say I am getting you unlimited gift cert at Guns R us? grin
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Sauron1: 11:56pm On Nov 08, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Where is it coming from. . . You asking me? Ask the Nazi General who is declaring her love on the romance section. See why I say I am getting you unlimited gift cert at Guns R us? grin

Forgive her manners!!!
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Ifygurl: 2:41am On Nov 09, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

@ Ifygurl
I is jest playin' around! grin

What does that mean?
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Morenike3(f): 2:41am On Nov 09, 2008
[size=18pt]SHE IS JOKING[/size]
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Ifygurl: 3:15am On Nov 09, 2008
*Morenike:

[size=18pt]SHE IS JOKING[/size]

Okay morenike, I get it.
You don't have to bold it.
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by SisiJinx: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2008
I is jest playin' around - I am just playing around - I am Joking

Sorry ifygurl, I was speaking. . . I don't even know what language that was.

Hmmm maybe language of the voices in my head. grin
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by MCUsman(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2008
JJYOU:

you see the quantity of drugs being produced by their cousins in afghanistan and pakistan.

Your Catholic parishioners in Columbia & Mexico produce far more than a local opium peasant in Afghanistan.

JJYOU:

We have what is called Compensational Time Off (CTO) A time I use to impede the march towards stereotyping fabrications in NL

JJYOU:

how do you know it is not your hausa / fulani doing this vile things all over the place?

O.K. i see how stupid some of you can be.
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Gamine(f): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2008
I really do not get these Nairalanders o. undecided

All the Yapping here wont change what is obtainable.

Im even doing more for the "North" than the crusaders, who probably havent been there in ages right now

Tragic. sad
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by ikeyman00(m): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2008
menhh usman u are de man oo! hahhhah

counter-attackin 442 hahha

just make sure u dnt fall off from that helicopter
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by Gamine(f): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2008
lol cheesy
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by tharma(f): 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2008
Every tribe have their own shit. Some even breed babies for sale

ENUGU, Nigeria (AFP) – Neighbors were suspicious of the daytime silence at the maternity clinic that came to life only after nightfall, though never suspected its disquieting secret -- it was breeding babies for sale.

But recent police raids have revealed an alleged network of such clinics, dubbed baby "farms" or "factories" in the local press, forcing a new look at the scope of people trafficking in Nigeria.

At the hospital in Enugu, a large city in Nigeria's southeast, 20 teenage girls were rescued in May in a police swoop on what was believed to be one of the largest infant trafficking rings in the west African country.

The two-storey building on a dusty street in Enugu's teeming Uwani district now stands deserted, shutters down.

Neighbours had long found something bizarre about the establishment, where there was virtually no activity during the day, they told AFP.

The doctor in charge, who is now on trial, reportedly lured teenagers with unwanted pregnancies by offering to help with abortion.

They would be locked up there until they gave birth, whereupon they would be forced to give up their babies for a token fee of around 20,000 naira (170 dollars, 135 euros).

The babies would then be sold to buyers for anything between 300,000 and 450,000 naira (2,500 and 3,800 dollars) each, according to a state agency fighting human trafficking in Nigeria, the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).

But luck ran out for the gynaecologist, said to be in his 50s, when a woman to whom he had sold a day-old infant, was caught by Nigeria's Security and Civil Defence Service (NSCDS) while trying to smuggle the child to Lagos, the security agency said.

Statistics on the prevalence of baby breeding are hard to come by, but anti-trafficking campaigners say it is widespread and run by well-organised criminal syndicates.

"We believe the scope is much wider than we know," said Ijeoma Okoronkwo, head of NAPTIP.

"It has been happening over time, but we did not know. The first indication we had about this came in December 2006, when an NGO raised the alarm and told us babies were being exchanged for cash and that there were a number of hospitals involved," she told AFP.

The practice takes varying forms. One is where desperate teenagers with unplanned pregnancies, fearing ostracism by society, get lured to a clinic and are forced to turn over their babies.

The girls are so intimidated many can hardly relate their experience freely.

But one brave victim, an 18-year old, who asked not to be named for fear of reprisal, recounted her week-long ordeal when she was trapped inside one of the clinics days before it was raided by police.

"The moment I stepped in there, I was given an injection, I passed out and next thing I woke up and realised I had been raped," the girl, who was five months pregnant at the time of her ordeal, told AFP.

When she asked if she could telephone her family to let them know of her whereabouts, the doctor slapped her on the face.

She was shoved into a room where 19 other girls were kept; all had been through a similar experience. She said the doctor raped her again the following day. A week later police swooped on the clinic.

Another category of young women, driven by deep poverty, lease out their wombs and volunteer themselves, as regularly as is biologically possible, to produce babies for sale.

"When we raided the hospital, we found four women who had been staying at the clinic for up to three years, to breed babies," NSDCS boss for Enugu state commandant Desmond Agu told AFP.

The doctor, whom police named, "had been inviting boys to come and impregnate girls," said Agu.

This was just one of around a dozen centres -- masquerading as maternity clinics, foster homes, orphanages or shelters for homeless pregnant girls -- unearthed in recent months where babies were swapped for cash, said the NAPTITP boss.

Last month police swooped on a so-called foster home, not far from the Enugu police headquarters, where seven teenage pregnant girls and five workers were rounded up, residents said.

In 2005, a Lagos-based orphanage suspected of ties to child trafficking rings, was shut down. There, charred baby-bones were discovered on the rubbish tip, leading to suspicion the orphanage was involved in the peddling of human body parts, possibly for use in rituals or for organ harvesting.

In other cases observers say babies are purchased to be raised for child labour and sexual abuse or prostitution.

Trafficking in humans has become a lucrative trade.

Globally, it is estimated that billions of dollars exchange hands annually for payment of humans, according to the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and several UN agencies.

Witchcraft rituals also fuel baby trafficking, but experts say it is other motives that predominate, at least in this region of Nigeria.

Communities frown on children born out of wedlock and childlessness in marriage remains a curse for the woman.

"In the Igbo society, the price to remain childless is too high," said a clinical psychologist Peter Egbigbo.

"Childless people want to pay any amount for a child and doctors become rich overnight," he said, adding that those who are ready to adopt a baby would rather hide the fact that it is not their biological child.

Exchanging babies for cash is widespread in the region and in many cases locals do not see anything wrong in so doing.

"Many people don't even know what they are doing is criminal. They just think it's adoption -- you walk into a clinic, pay a fee and you have a baby," said Okoronkwo.

Buying or selling of babies is illegal in Nigeria and can carry a 14-year jail term.

It is estimated that globally hundreds of thousands of people are trafficked annually. UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund, estimates that at least 10 children are sold daily across Nigeria, where human trafficking is ranked the third most common crime after economic fraud and drug trafficking, according to UNESCO.

"There is so much profit in this business. There is so much to be made in trafficking and that is why it is thriving.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081109/wl_africa_afp/nigeriatraffickingbabies;_ylt=AleWfp6LjrBMsvxBtlL5HMG96Q8F
Re: North Worst In Drug Cases - Ndlea by ikeyman00(m): 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ post

i think 1 need to make this clear, ha

a crime is a crime, yes we know that. It doesnt matter u did it, but a crime can pertutated by any human beings k

but so far it prooven fact that most suicide bombers from pakistan etc

but here in nairaland igbo pipu are used to be painted white black

obj committed a lot of crime in the name of god bless nigeria, the same with Ibb;

the north always claim they are the most decent tribe but courtesy to nairaland we already know what not?

and to say this medium aint makin changes, hmmm is emm lipsrsealed, now take a look at the admiral navy captain that beat up a lady, we are closin down on them; no let off

now i hope vampires give up their daggers for good, in the name of islam opp jokin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Sad Experience With An Innocent Looking Scammer At An ATM (picture) / David Fuller, U.K. Morgue Worker Murdered Two Ladies And Raped 100 Dead Bodies / See What Fulani Turn My Farm To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.