Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

is HND a disease? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / is HND a disease? (907 Views)

American Center For Disease Control ACDC. Asaba And PH / Are You A Graduate With Second Class Or Hnd Ceriificate...here Is My Mail.... / Total Is Calling HND Holders--CADET DRILLING SUPERVISOR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

is HND a disease? by RiffRaff: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
I went for an interview today after passing 2 extremely difficult job Test to secure it.
It was time for me to present my document for confirmation.
The HR saw that i had an HND & He was like "Sorry this position is for B.SC holders only"
I was shocked.. He said they must have mistakenly sent me an invitation to write the test in the first place.
I tried to present my case that i have sucessfully scaled through the hoops of d 1st & 2nd stage of the recruitment process on merit, that shows i am competent enough to compete given a fair trial like my mate with a Bsc degree.
The HR wasnt gonna have any of that. I waited around to speak to 2 of the people on the interview panel. With a so much apology & empathy, they told me the same thing. They were telling me "sorry" like i had Ebola cuz u could feel it that they were genuinely empathetic but there was nothing they could do to help my case.
I was devastated.
This is the 2nd time in 3 weeks this HND wahala would cost me a chance of getting a job.
I was @ 1 of those big Nigerian Telecoms company 2 weeks again for the position of a BSS Engineer. (A position i have experience for). The HR told me they only recruit B.Sc holders for that position. (My Experience doesnt count)
If you are reading this and You havent gained admission to the university yet, please make sure you dont go for a polytechnic education if u intend looking for a job in future.
In Nigeria alot of people are of the opinion that HND is superior to B.SC. No matter how you present the case, the truth doesnt matter because Perception is Reality.
To all the HND holders out there please share your story. How did You get a job with your HND certificate? (HND has been relegated to contract jobs like bank tellers, Marketers & the likes)
To all the Job seekers, have u ever faced any form of discrimination based on Age, Gender, Class of Degree or Tribe?
Share ur experience. How did you overcome the suitation.
Re: is HND a disease? by Gboliwe: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
What a sad experience. That HR is sick too. infact, the entire organisation is sick
RiffRaff: I went for an interview today after passing 2 extremely difficult job Test to secure it.
It was time for me to present my document for confirmation.
The HR saw that i had an HND & He was like "Sorry this position is for B.SC holders only"
I was shocked.. He said they must have mistakenly sent me an invitation to write the test in the first place.
I tried to present my case that i have sucessfully scaled through the hoops of d 1st & 2nd stage of the recruitment process on merit, that shows i am competent enough to compete given a fair trial like my mate with a Bsc degree.
The HR wasnt gonna have any of that. I waited around to speak to 2 of the people on the interview panel. With a so much apology & empathy, they told me the same thing. They were telling me "sorry" like i had Ebola cuz u could feel it that they were genuinely empathetic but there was nothing they could do to help my case.
I was devastated.
This is the 2nd time in 3 weeks this HND wahala would cost me a chance of getting a job.
I was @ 1 of those big Nigerian Telecoms company 2 weeks again for the position of a BSS Engineer. (A position i have experience for). The HR told me they only recruit B.Sc holders for that position. (My Experience doesnt count)
If you are reading this and You havent gained admission to the university yet, please make sure you dont go for a polytechnic education if u intend looking for a job in future.
In Nigeria alot of people are of the opinion that HND is superior to B.SC. No matter how you present the case, the truth doesnt matter because Perception is Reality.
To all the HND holders out there please share your story. How did You get a job with your HND certificate? (HND has been relegated to contract jobs like bank tellers, Marketers & the likes)
To all the Job seekers, have u ever faced any form of discrimination based on Age, Gender, Class of Degree or Tribe?
Share ur experience. How did you overcome the suitation.

(1) (Reply)

Who, Un, Unicef Job Opportunities / Kuymu Merchant Acquisition Specilist / Graduate Recruitment At Supermart Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.