Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:29 PM

What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? (26342 Views)

Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / Igbo Men's Ways, A Cultural Thing ? / Obama From A Cultural Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
@op i think you and i know they are too afraid of losing some aspects of their beloved "culture". Our culture as far as i'm concerned doesn't support innovation/invention(xcept for dibias and babalawos of back then). It sticks too much too it's "ethics". Hopefully upcoming generations can achieve this renaissance we so crave. But @ the moment i think the only renaissance we are having are negative ones(copying too much from the west and europeans and not innovating/inventing our own).

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
free2ryhme: as long as we are still slaves to tradition which those in the village are not willing to let go. it has become a source for fleecing those that have stayed outside their traditional home for so long.

slaves to tradition?? How can you be slave to yourself??

Our traditions are our identity. Tradition got nothing to do here

3 Likes

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dygeasy: Our problems start from colonization and later on corruption after independence.

Actually Africas problem started from foreign religions...Islam and christianity
These were the first things to plant disunity, misunderstanding and betrayal in our nations.
Islam destroyed Oyo, Christianity destroyed Benin...this is fact

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
ChiSun27: All these continents you mentioned all have a common language spoken and understood by her citizens.

Which common language do you have in Nigeria? Pidgin English

So my friend...the fight should first be: which of the languages spoken in Nigeria should Nigerians adopt as a common language? And until that is done...we will still remain at our average level.

But then the big question is: Will other languages willingly go down for the one that will be adopted?

This also pushes my argument further.

No Nigerian language can oppress the others, it would only go extinct because of so called "one Nigeria"
Where everybody speaks Either pidgin or English

In a country of cultural togetherness and wide spread language, it's government won't be told twice to initiate that language as it's language of all instruction and international affairs.

There's no hope for Nigerian languages in the next 100years if Nigeria still holds...which I reject for my people

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
maxit2: IN SHORT:
Humans are like dogs. Different breeds with different qualities.

Some with a lot of muscle but little brain.
Some with brains but little muscle.

Let's not force it people. BLACK race(NOT just AFRICANS) lacks the brains.

By brain, i don't mean the ability to cram formulas or graduate as 1st class in Harvard(This is just a result of hardwork)

A "brainaic" is one who can think outside the BOX/textbooks and see things you'd never see in books.
We just do not belong to that line of human specie.

We have the muscle, the will power to do things. We are survivors. But the brains we just don't have.

This generation definitely but not the black race because if only many are in touch with their ancestral knowledge they would see the brilliance of our ancestors.

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
maxit2:

You have got to be the must uneducated eediot on Nairaland.
See how stuupid your post is.
The person you quoted made some very nice and informative points. You just quoted him and started spewing all sort of nonsense.

GET A BRAIN as soon as you can PLEASE !

Pls point out the stupidity in his post
Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 9:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
oboman: Unity rather than language has been our problem......

We see differences where we should see shared values...... The concept of nationhood is still alien to us and we are trying really hard to adjust to it.....

Africans didn't have a say in how their maps were to be drawn, so were lumped together as countries with high expectations being foisted on them because of abundant resources they possess... This is the reason most wars in Africa have been civil wars because tribes that used to be arch enemies were quickly summoned together by imperialist to form a country...

One voice is the birth of cultural renaissance and until we see ourselves as one, we still have a long way to go...

As per why Koreans and Chinese caught up quicker, I think it's because they have always had a form of writing which Africans do not possess....

They have been reading and writing in their languages for the past 5,000 years. Africans only spoke their languages and never fashioned a way of documenting it down. If it had been documented down, it would have given birth to formal education and rapid progress.

A simple knowledge about how germs spread for example might have been translated to local languages written in their forms of writing but knowledge about germs won't spread as rapidly in Africa as it would in China because you first have to teach Africans how to read and write. By the time they get it, their counterparts would have moved to other different things.

Rubbish! Many African nations in pre-European colonial times developed writing. Pls get informed

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Qoigord: Very good thought there OP. I think the major problem behind Nigeria's stagnation is the large amount of diverse cultural backgrounds that has lead to tribalism.
It's kind of become a competition between all these tribes instead of working together to help this nation grow.

The aforementioned countries, regions and areas you stated in your post have a more unified cultural background which is less diverse than Nigeria's. Isn't this the same country with over 250 languages? A country this small with that many languages and tribes is bound to fail.

Can anyone tell me how many tribes or languages we've got in Japan, China, France, Germany, Uk or even the US? Also, there tends to be a certain bias to every tribe in this country. Take for instance, a more qualified Yoruba man wants a post at a job but a less qualified Ibo man gets the job not based on merit but based on similarly between the tribe.

I just keep on hoping everyday Nigeria overcomes this tribal war and work together to lift the nation.

Peace

Beautiful. It's Great some sensible people have seen that the lack of a brotherhood consciousness in African nations as due to diversity is our biggest problem.

"There's strength in our diversity" is the biggest lie sold to us by the Nigerian media as coaxed by the thieving politicians

2 Likes

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
rash47: Tribalism still remains the black man's burden.

Basil davidson.

Tribalism is good. It begets Nationalism and Patriotism but of course only where that tribal/ethnic presence prevails not in Nigeria
Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by youngbest(m): 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
A very wonderful thread, a clash of mature minds such as this can only bring good, I have a lot to add but I think its time to point out that we are all thinking along the same lines.
A few points I have gathered
1. Going back to our root languages
2. Promoting togetherness and value of common good opposed to personal enrichment
3. Ingenuity towards developing our environment
4. A way to get this movement started
Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

India is a good comparison to Nigeria. Nigerian culture? give me a break people are becoming Westernised at a phenomenal rate that I'm beginning to even wonder how many Nigerians even care about culture today. Most of them are listening to hip hop over their own traditional music and see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nigerian culture can't even be called Nigerian culture any longer amongst SOME ethnic groups. Some people even think that speaking pidgin English over their own native language is great. You can't really call that culture.

what is the comparison based on? Multi-ethnicity??
Multi-ethnicity is just a fancy term like in Nigeria people say 250 ethnicities when by cultural assimilation we have less than 30

What matters is Cultural Assimilation not fancy names. India is mostly culturally assimilated, Nigeria is not

Nigerians who care about culture still exists but why it is not the general is because the Nigerian government doesn't promote culture, doing such would bring about ethnic consciousness which the men in power don't want.
They rather strive for a westernized/arabized society to keep Nigerians forgetting their real identity.

The only true identity of an African is his ethnicity, take away the pride in his identity by not teaching him about his ethnicity - that's what Nigerians screaming "one Nigeria" want

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
alizenbohr:

Bro, this article you quoted is really heavy.
Gave me a serious mental jolt.
I'm just questioning my priorities now.
Thanks for the link. That exchange between Field Ruwe and Walter sums up my thoughts on the african condition. The intellectual elite in Nigeria is selling out, pure and simple. I work in close proximity to a former president's spokesman. The tall dark shavenheaded dude who still writes a column for one of our dailies. He cruises in and out of the office complex in a greyish blue range rover and probably lives in a cushy part of town, here in abuja. I have no qualms with anyone who lives the good life, but please earn it through honest work, most especially when you write for a living. In his case we can confidently say it was down to his ex- romance with power for sure. And this was someone i admired growing up, soaking up his columns like mana to my once impressionable mind. You see one problem in Nigeria and africa at large is a collapse in our values, or lack of. People rarely ever stand for anything right through to the end. Even when they do, it's sod right all when the bidding game starts( Just see Ruben Abati currently selling out, whom I once admired, and I'm pretty sure many others on here). So what values are currently being transmitted to our young? What messeges are we passing on? That intellectual honesty is for the dogs? If we can't entrust moral honesty on our intellectuals what hope have we? Forget Ruben Abati and his generation for a second, even amongst the 18-35 generation it's also becoming a trend. I've used one inconsequential journalist as an example, but I'm pretty sure other examples abound in every endeavour of our national life, from our higher institutions of learning, to healthcare, to legal institutions. Corruption was rife amongts the political elite pre-independence, but I'm not sure we've had quite the pisslow level of rot that has infested the intellectial class currently. We are well and royally fucke.d as a nation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Omarbah:
Can you imagine how many wars can break out as a result of this balkanization? How many small countries would be fighting for land that they claim is theirs?
West Africa has seen her best days during the Ghana and Mali empire. Unfortunately, due to a lack of transportation means those empires could not develop strong armies to establish order throughout the area they ruled to break any rebellion. But those empires were multi ethnic.
After the fall of the Songhai empire that was attempting to do the same as the two previous ones, we ended up with smaller states and that's when the slave trade truly flourished. West Africa became a land where any group of thugs could organize their slave trading company and sell their own for low quality goods that also undermine our small industries. That culture still persist to this day. Every now and then, you see a group of low life criminals take possession of guns and wreak havoc.
Secondly, we live in an age where even European nation states are finding ways to unite because they believe their nation states can no longer protect them against competition from China or North America. Why would we instead moving in the same direction, go in the opposite?
If the current states are to broken along ethnic boundaries, we would our children and grand children great good only if we make our entire region one federal republic. Each group could have their small state but within one large ECOWAS.

And what is wrong with wars? Civilizations are built on wars, those who can't handle it get exterminate or give up and become assimilated, every Great nation had to fight for it's place otherwise why have military?

Pls show us that the people of the Ghana and Mali empire had no cultural assimilation among themselves
I guess to you they were also merged together like canned beef

All this using of fancy names for people to call them ethnic groups instead of clans and tribes is really misleading

Finding a way to unite is not the same as merging like beef in a can under one federal government. We can be friendly neighbors, Infact your best friend should be your neighbouring countries

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Omarbah:
One common language you said? Do Asians have one common language? Do the Europeans have one common language? Even within little Switzerland, there are three major languages.

What do you mean by this? Is Asia a country?? Is Europe a country?

Switzerland history I don't know much of but check it's geography, it's boarded by all the countries with it's 3 languages...German, French and Italian
there is ancestral link between them, swiss are Germanic by ancestry but have culturally influenced/been influenced by their immediate neighbors.

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by iamrockyofficial(m): 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:

Switzerland history I don't know much of but check it's geography, it's boarded by all the countries with it's 3 languages...German, French and Italian
there is ancestral link between them, swiss are Germanic by ancestry but have culturally influenced/been influenced by their immediate neighbors.

I got a whole lot I want to say on this topic.. It could make a thread in a thread.. Will do that tomorrow tho
Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Omarbah: 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:
And what is wrong with wars? Civilizations are built on wars, those who can't handle it get exterminate or give up and become assimilated, every Great nation had to fight for it's place otherwise why have military?
Pls show us that the people of the Ghana and Mali empire had no cultural assimilation among themselves
I guess to you they were also merged together like canned beef
All this using of fancy names for people to call them ethnic groups instead of clans and tribes is really misleading
Finding a way to unite is not the same as merging like beef in a can under one federal government. We can be friendly neighbors, Infact your best friend should be your neighbouring countries
Only thing is my friends, the Europeans and Asians will sell us guns to kill each other while they suck up our resources. Africa does not need wars. Well let me phrase it this, unless it is to unite our people, we don't need a war.
Like I said, the EU has the ambition of becoming a multinational state, not even multiethnic. Why Africans would move in the opposite different when we are weaker compared to them?
In a multi ethnic state, nobody has said that Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Ijaws could not form cultural organizations. But as far as army, currency, foreign policy, only a large multiethnic state can protect our interests. That is reality my friend. No current African state let alone ethnic group can compete in the global arena. Believing otherwise is just foolishness. We need these regional organizations ( I want them to become true states) to protect us. Imagine Cameroon or even Nigeria negotiating a trade agreement with the EU, what a funny thing that would be.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Fulaman198(m): 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:

what is the comparison based on? Multi-ethnicity??
Multi-ethnicity is just a fancy term like in Nigeria people say 250 ethnicities when by cultural assimilation we have less than 30

What matters is Cultural Assimilation not fancy names. India is mostly culturally assimilated, Nigeria is not

Nigerians who care about culture still exists but why it is not the general is because the Nigerian government doesn't promote culture, doing such would bring about ethnic consciousness which the men in power don't want.
They rather strive for a westernized/arabized society to keep Nigerians forgetting their real identity.

The only true identity of an African is his ethnicity, take away the pride in his identity by not teaching him about his ethnicity - that's what Nigerians screaming "one Nigeria" want

There is no way we have less than 30 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Most of those ethnic groups are found up North. Though because of Hausanisation, a lot are left silent.
Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Omarbah: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:

well someone said that all of the groups mentioned in the post spoke one language, which is why I had to clarify this.
Let's not drag this to an endless and fruitless debate.
Here is my point. Africa has regional languages spoken by tens of millions of people from different ethnic groups. The renaissance that I am calling for should be centered around these languages. Now for those that say , well it's too much of a task. I pointed out that Europe despite its size has multiple languages and everyone instead of adopting the language of the more advanced group decided to develop their own. They would go learn somewhere else but once home, they spread their knowledge in their language which gave the opportunity to millions of others to absorb it at a rapid pace. The same is true for the Asians. The Japanese learned a great deal from the Germans, French and British but eventually, they wrote books in their own language. The Koreans would do the same. Why wouldn't we do the same? or should we just drop our languages and become all "Akata"?

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Fulaman198(m): 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
Omarbah:
well someone said that all of the groups mentioned in the post spoke one language, which is why I had to clarify this.
Let's not drag this to an endless and fruitless debate.
Here is my point. Africa has regional languages spoken by tens of millions of people from different ethnic groups. The renaissance that I am calling for should be centered around these languages. Now for those that say , well it's too much of a task. I pointed out that Europe despite its size has multiple languages and everyone instead of adopting the language of the more advanced group decided to develop their own. They would go learn somewhere else but once home, they spread their knowledge in their language which gave the opportunity to millions of others to absorb it at a rapid pace. The same is true for the Asians. The Japanese learned a great deal from the Germans, French and British but eventually, they wrote books in their own language. The Koreans would do the same. Why wouldn't we do the same? or should we just drop our languages and become all "Akata"?

Pullo bandam, at the rate we are going, that's exactly what is happening.
Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

There is no way we have less than 30 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Most of those ethnic groups are found up North. Though because of Hausanisation, a lot are left silent.

Fulaman, my friend you seem not to have understood my arguments at all

Let's say the North has 100ethnic groups, what remains of their ethnicity?? You have said they have been Hausanized and a lot are left silent
This is the cultural assimilation I speak of

We in the South West were also culturally assimilated by the "Oduduwa" factor and Oyo imperialism.

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Omarbah: 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:

Let's say the North has 100ethnic groups, what remains of their ethnicity?? You have said they have been Hausanized and a lot are left silent

We in the South West were also culturally assimilated by the "Oduduwa" factor and Oyo imperialism.

Let me ask you, what percentage of the Nigerian population do you think Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo languages will cover?
Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Fulaman198(m): 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:

To me, it's better to be Hausanized though than "Anglicized" meaning English (a European language) is what you choose to learn or educate yourself in. I despise that. I think Africans need to recognize their identity and separating ourselves from one another is not the way to go about it.

As OmarBah mentioned earlier, the Europeans are even closer now than ever. They utilise the "Euro" currency, they have launched joint military programmes hence the "Joint Strike Fighter" programme. Dividing ourselves is not the way to go about it. United we stand, divided we fall.

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Omarbah:
Only thing is my friends, the Europeans and Asians will sell us guns to kill each other while they suck up our resources. Africa does not need wars. Well let me phrase it this, unless it is to unite our people, we don't need a war.
Like I said, the EU has the ambition of becoming a multinational state, not even multiethnic. Why Africans would move in the opposite different when we are weaker compared to them?
In a multi ethnic state, nobody has said that Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, Fulanis, Ijaws could not form cultural organizations. But as far as army, currency, foreign policy, only a large multiethnic state can protect our interests. That is reality my friend. No current African state let alone ethnic group can compete in the global arena. Believing otherwise is just foolishness. We need these regional organizations ( I want them to become true states) to protect us. Imagine Cameroon or even Nigeria negotiating a trade agreement with the EU, what a funny thing that would be.

Africa has AU and Ecowas but they not really doing anything, personally I think economy, military and currency should be shared all over Ecowas member states leaving other things like resource control, laws and governance etc. to it's nation...nations drawn on ethnic lines of course

This is what EU is even doing as it is

2 Likes

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
iamrockyofficial:

I got a whole lot I want to say on this topic.. It could make a thread in a thread.. Will do that tomorrow tho

Pls do

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Omarbah: 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:

Africa has AU and Ecowas but they not really doing anything, personally I think economy, military and currency should be shared all over Ecowas member states leaving other things like resource control, laws and governance etc. to it's nation...nations drawn on ethnic lines of course

This is what EU is even doing as it is

I mentioned this earlier. I agree with it. But only after building a strong ECOWAS, otherwise the region will go into chaos.
Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Omarbah:
Let me ask you, what percentage of the Nigerian population do you think Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo languages will cover?

am nt sure, 70% together

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by macof(m): 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

To me, it's better to be Hausanized though than "Anglicized" meaning English (a European language) is what you choose to learn or educate yourself in. I despise that. I think Africans need to recognize their identity and separating ourselves from one another is not the way to go about it.

As OmarBah mentioned earlier, the Europeans are even closer now than ever. They utilise the "Euro" currency, they have launched joint military programmes hence the "Joint Strike Fighter" programme. Dividing ourselves is not the way to go about it. United we stand, divided we fall.

there's nothing wrong with cultural assimilation either by mass migration of invaders or colonization etc. my ancestors did this to produce the Yoruba identity of today

But you can't separate people who have been cultural painted as the same colour or merge people who have no cultural links and delude urself with "One people" chants

my point is Nigeria isn't one culture, a progressive nation should have one dominate culture not 3 or 6 or more

2 Likes

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Omarbah: 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

Pullo bandam, at the rate we are going, that's exactly what is happening.
Bandiraawo, that would be the greatest disaster. I don't even want to think about it. shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Fulaman198(m): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:

there's nothing wrong with cultural assimilation either by mass migration of invaders or colonization etc. my ancestors did this to produce the Yoruba identity of today

But you can't separate people who have been cultural painted as the same colour or merge people who have no cultural links and delude urself with "One people" chants

my point is Nigeria isn't one culture, a progressive nation should have one dominate culture not 3 or 6 or more

India has several cultures just like Nigeria. There are several religions in India as well, and several ethnic groups. Punjabis, Bengalis, Hindus, Tamils, etc. etc.

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Fulaman198(m): 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Omarbah:
Bandiraawo, that would be the greatest disaster. I don't even want to think about it. shocked

Dedirawo, LOL it's already happening though sadly because many Africans (especially those in the younger generation) think its cool to imitate foreign cultures instead of being proud of their own.

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by Omarbah: 11:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
macof:

I have never intended for Nigerians to be forced to speak one language or pick among the three major ones and impose it upon everyone else. That's why I asked you, what percentage of the Nigerian population those three languages cover, because working with those three languages or two more on top of them would do the job. No need to attempt to do it for 250 tribes.

Finally, having different languages does not prevent people from uniting to build a nation. All they need is to realize that they have a future together and that they will go through pain and joy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Preventing Africa From Experiencing A Cultural Renaissance? by kingston277(m): 12:02am On Sep 24, 2014
It started around the time of colonialism when negative foreign ideals and mismanagement brought down the great civilizations that once stool more centuries. African history in all its glory.
kingston277:
http://historum.com/middle-eastern-african-history/70114-african-culture-9.html
https://www.nairaland.com/1796503/traditional-african-boat-designs
http://historum.com/middle-eastern-african-history/58840-diversity-early-african-architecture-ruins-thread.html
https://www.nairaland.com/1249503/interesting-images-precolonial-early-colonial
https://www.nairaland.com/582176/benin-art-architecture/
Edo Kingdom(Nigeria)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sungbo%27s_Eredo
Asante Empire(Ghana)

Kongo
[img]http://hitchcock.itc.virginia.edu/SlaveTrade/collection/large/VILE-180.JPG[/img]

Nsibidi(Igbo writing system)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nsibidi
More...
https://www.nairaland.com/189030/african-script
Production
http://der.org/resources/study-guides/blooms-of-banjeli-study-guide.pdf
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1554585_african-productivity_jpeg73ad16662aab95c5e70965fc917f4ece[/img]
Bathrooms

Science and Tech
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_science_and_technology_in_Africa
"Human sacrifice" was actually capital punishment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Benin_Expedition_of_1897
Human rights concepts
http://www.kentlaw.edu/faculty/bbrown/classes/HumanRightsSP10/CourseDocs/9BanjulCharterandtheAfricanCulturalFingerprint.pdf
http://eccentricyoruba./
http://www.postcolonialweb.org/nigeria/precolwon.html
http://www.postcolonialweb.org/nigeria/colonwom.html

I know its alot of links but its important for you to know. Plus the above is just West Africa/Central alone!
So, Op. A better question would be, why have we fallen so far from the civilization we developed and chosen to worship foreign peoples rather than turn to the people who spent the last millenia taming the African landscapes and building advanced civilizations? And is there a way to recreate this long lost advancement techniques?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Boyfriend's Parents Don't Approve Me, And They Haven't Even Met Me Yet / How Do You Call These Colours In Your Local Dialect? / Oluwo Akanbi Visits House Of Representatives Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.