Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. (1210 Views)

Fayose Should Apologise Over China Letter - Ekiti Youths / More Photos Of Olisa Metuh In Court Today + Protesters Storm Court / Thugs Invade Ebonyi Courts, Molest Judges And Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by otalenu(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
An attempt by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to
secure a Black Market judgment from an Ado Ekiti
High Court, preventing the Governor-Elect,Ayo
Fayose from being sworn in on October 16, 2014
was scuttled by angry Ekiti voters, led b
thousands of Okada riders today.

Justice O. Y. Ogunyemi had ruled against the
Preliminary Objection raised by Fayose in a case
filed by E-11, challenging Fayose's eligibility to
contest the June 21, 2014 governorship election. Curiously, the judge adjourned the matter till 12
noon today, for hearing and adoption of
addresses, with a view to giving judgment on the
substantive suit next week and also prevented
the respondents from appealing against today's
ruling. Sensing foul play from the judge, angry Ekiti
voters, led by thousands of Okada Riders, who
willingly gave their votes to Fayose invaded the
court premises, preventing the court from sitting. Judges and lawyers were sent out of the court. Multiple sources revealed that the judge had
assured the APC that the case will be concluded
today and judgment will be delivered in favour of
the E-11 before the end of next week.

"The judge has vowed to give judgment against
Fayose and damned the consequences. That was
the reason he wanted the case heard today, so as
to prevent the hearing from being impeded by an
appeal against today's ruling, expected to be filed
by the respondents," a source said. More details soon...

1 Like

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by ifaoni(m): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
thousand of okada riders? I love ekiti but its like war is coming...
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by gunuvi(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
kudos to the youths for stopping another salami in the making.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Raypawer(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
....hm but why!!

space!
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by aljharem(m): 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hahaha, I have always told these NL APC that they are living in denial if they think they are popular and loved by SW

4 Likes

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Max24: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
I hope APC will not attempt to subvert d peoples will thru the courts again in Ekiti. If they do they might face a revolution that might consume them not only in Ekiti but the whole West. U dont have to grab everything. You win some,you lose some.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by nigerianvenom(m): 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
gunuvi: kudos to the youths for stopping another salami in the making.

ayo salami was a disgrace to judges across the world.

3 Likes

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by seanet02: 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
otalenu: An attempt by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to
secure a Black Market judgment from an Ado Ekiti
High Court, preventing the Governor-Elect,Ayo
Fayose from being sworn in on October 16, 2014
was scuttled by angry Ekiti voters, led b
thousands of Okada riders today.

Justice O. Y. Ogunyemi had ruled against the
Preliminary Objection raised by Fayose in a case
filed by E-11, challenging Fayose's eligibility to
contest the June 21, 2014 governorship election. Curiously, the judge adjourned the matter till 12
noon today, for hearing and adoption of
addresses, with a view to giving judgment on the
substantive suit next week and also prevented
the respondents from appealing against today's
ruling. Sensing foul play from the judge, angry Ekiti
voters, led by thousands of Okada Riders, who
willingly gave their votes to Fayose invaded the
court premises, preventing the court from sitting. Judges and lawyers were sent out of the court. Multiple sources revealed that the judge had
assured the APC that the case will be concluded
today and judgment will be delivered in favour of
the E-11 before the end of next week.

"The judge has vowed to give judgment against
Fayose and damned the consequences. That was
the reason he wanted the case heard today, so as
to prevent the hearing from being impeded by an
appeal against today's ruling, expected to be filed
by the respondents," a source said. More details soon...
aljharem: Hahaha, I have always told these NL APC that they are living in denial if they think they are popular and loved by SW
aljharem: Hahaha, I have always told these NL APC that they are living in denial if they think they are popular and loved by SW
Max24: I hope APC will not attempt to subvert d peoples will thru the courts again in Ekiti. If they do they might face a revolution that might consume them not only in Ekiti but the whole West. U dont have to grab everything. You win some,you lose some.
Isn't it an absurdity that supposedly educated folks like you are supporting the disruption of a court case?

1 Like

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
u haven't see anything yet fayemi will be declared d winner in d tribunal Cos' fayose doesn't have any evidence to buttress his case let's wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by topearos(m): 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
seanet02:
Isn't it an absurdity that supposedly educated folks like you are supporting the disruption of a court case?
meaning?

1 Like

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by aljharem(m): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
seanet02:

Isn't it ridiculous and evil that an educated person like you is supporting bribery and corruption in our judiciary system.

The Judges in the SW have all been bought by Tinubu.

Ayo Salami is a disgrace to yorubas social cultural values

3 Likes

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
d votes will be recounted again d void vote will be put aside and d eligible votes will be counted .
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by aljharem(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Johnnyessence: d votes will be recounted again d void vote will be put aside and d eligible votes will be counted .

Keep ranting

Until Aregbesola comes out from hiding and show up to the panel, you have no case.

Moreover the truth is that Fayose is much more grassroot than Fayemi can ever be.
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
I strongly believe that election in ekiti is not Free and fair as some people are speculating seriously fayemi just calm d angry youth during d period when d PDP candidate were declared d winner let me tell u here in a Democratic settings if d votes are counted properly APC votes will be d one that's much against d PDP votes.
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
d world knows osun state election is free and fair Cos' people come out massively to elect their leaders .but for ekiti 33,000 security was in place before and during election d electorate was scared from coming because of soldiers on ground. at end of d day d materials they used is fake.
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by seanet02: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
aljharem:

Isn't it ridiculous and evil that an educated person like you is supporting bribery and corruption in our judiciary system.

The Judges in the SW have all been bought by Tinubu.

Ayo Salami is a disgrace to yorubas social cultural values
And what is your evidence that the judges has been bought/
You were the teller who effected the payments into the judges accounts'?
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by seanet02: 10:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
topearos:
meaning?
You have no functional brain
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Akanbiedu(m): 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
I hear this case has to do with eligibility of Fayose. Can somebody please confirm?
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
politics is not bringing d thugs and d rogues to rule after d molestation of electorates during d poll d chief judge of d tribunal will give out his judgement and judgement will favour a party. just wait and see next week.
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
fayose will soon be disappointed as usual in d court of law Cos' he has no evidence to buttress his point that d election was free and fair.his case will be thrown out and d votes that was recounted at inec office will be announced.
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by otalenu(m): 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Johnnyessence: I strongly believe that election in ekiti is not Free and fair as some people are speculating seriously fayemi just calm d angry youth during d period when d PDP candidate were declared d winner let me tell u here in a Democratic settings if d votes are counted properly APC votes will be d one that's much against d PDP votes.

Have you taken your drugs?
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by Benez: 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
Akanbiedu: I hear this case has to do with eligibility of Fayose. Can somebody please confirm?

My brother,, u r 100% correct. Was Fayose not impeached for financial recklessness? Is he now above the law? Pls go and read what the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria says concerning eligibility of a person vying for the post of a governor.

Why were they disrupting court sitting? They should allow the law to take its court.

If Fayemi was the one at the receiving end, Jonathan would have sent Obanikoro to mobilize soldiers down to Ado Ekiti three days b4 now.

I think we in Ekiti are educated to know that if the judgement isn't favourable to either of the sides, the issue can still to as far as Supreme court.
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
seanet02:
He who makes peaceful change impossible makes violent change inevitable. Why would Ekiti peoples' clear mandate for change from APC to PDP be subjected to such a charade? Let me assume this is propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by victorlekan(m): 11:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
The court proceedings was disrupted,not by ekiti youths or okada riders,but by some thugs,it was a court hearing to determine the eligibility of fayose . I was there in the court premises.
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by topearos(m): 6:30am On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
You have no functional brain
Same as yours. *Idiot*
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by egift(m): 8:11am On Sep 23, 2014

You mean your support for touts to intimidate the court of law shocked

If it was in favour of APC, the same TANiods will be calling the same youths paid thugs, boko haram members, etc.
Re: Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. by aljharem(m): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2014
egift:

You mean your support for touts to intimidate the court of law shocked

If it was in favour of APC, the same TANiods will be calling the same youths paid thugs, boko haram members, etc.

Support touts ? NO

Support Kangaroo court process like that of Ayo Salami ? YES !!!!!

(1) (Reply)

The APC Vs PDP Thing Worth It ? / Why Nigeria Was Able To Beat Ebola, But Not Boko Haram / Fayose Seals Ekiti Speaker’s Fillingstation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.