Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,757,836 members, 6,554,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 11:37 PM

A Brief Review Of Michael Nwagbegbe’s Poem, “the High-breasted Hills” - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Brief Review Of Michael Nwagbegbe’s Poem, “the High-breasted Hills” (656 Views)

The Hills Of Emure: My Nysc Camp Story / In The High Court Of Justice Of Benue State Of Nigeria In Benue State Judicial / Inspiring Thoughts Of Michael Ogah Aka Ankara Boi of X-Factor ( A Compendum ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Brief Review Of Michael Nwagbegbe’s Poem, “the High-breasted Hills” by daprofo: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2014
I like this poem a ‘whole whole’ lot. I like it because I like a lot of things about it. It is imagistic; it is laden with the touch of poetic grandeur flowing out of beautiful and novel metaphors. It reminds me of some of our modern poets, their themes and their well developed movements, howbeit differently. The likes of Derek Walcot, Tade Ipadeola etc. Thus, there is an awareness and understanding of self, voice, and mission by the poet as exemplified in this poem. What a startling beginning, “The high-breasted hills!” — a sensuous flow of personification, and yet a grand metaphor. What can be more imagistic than the lines that follow, “Show up/ In the distance.” In my mind’s eye, I can see the hills. But first, I need not jump into concluding that these are just ordinary hills. The poet may be speaking symbolically.

Continue reading here, www.onisreviewz.
Re: A Brief Review Of Michael Nwagbegbe’s Poem, “the High-breasted Hills” by Unionised(m): 7:02am On Sep 23, 2014
post it here.

Can't be that long, can it?

(1) (Reply)

The Poem: Ripples Of The Crippled. / It Came Within Her / The Mystic Adventure........Death Escape Story......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.