Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,597 members, 7,801,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25623 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by pilgrim1(f): 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2008
Hi Image123,

Lol, if you postpone it till next month, so many of us will miss out. Wel, we can be selfish, so you should do what is required. Do have a wonderful interlude, and when you resume we shall all the more be glad. Blessings. wink
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2008
@pilgrim.1
hi,I'm around oo.I'll post it soon then
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:08am On Nov 28, 2008
Psalm 25v2

Psalm 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

O my God,I trust in You i.e my belief,my confidence,my hope is in You(Lord).Not in my self,not in my money,not in my parents,not in my job,not in my friends,not in my beauty, or anything around me.The Good news Bible says it this way in Proverbs3."Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. "My prayer is that God will not let you to be ashamed.His promise is that "my people shall never be ashamed".When the relationship is not just God over there,but O MY God,then we become not just a people but "My People".And the enemies will not triumph over us/you/me.
O my God, let not mine enemies triumph over me.If you trust in the Lord from today,let me show you some of your enemies that will no longer have dominion/victory over you
1. satan and his sons will not triumph over you.
2. sickness of whatever kind in your body or in your business will not triumph over you and
3. sin (big or small/common or uncommon/normal or abnormal) will not triumph over you.In the name of Jesus.
You are triumphant already! What a verse.What a prayer
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2008
November 28 Isaiah 28v22

Isaiah 28:22 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

The judgment of God is coming on the whole earth.One warning to remember.don't mock it.How unfortunate today, that some laugh at God's coming judgement.They even try to make it look stupid and unreasonable.But remember,making jest doesn't cover fact.It can only at best give temporary relief.God is going to punish the world for their iniquities.Thank God.We live in a period of grace (unmerited favour).People who deserve to be judged instantly for their evil works are living long and seemingly prosperous lives.It is God's desire that such people repent (turn away) from their evil works and escape from judgement.You should not take grace for granted nor patience for permission.Repent today please.I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption by fire, even determined upon the whole earth and its inhabitants.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:03am On Nov 29, 2008
November 29 1 Samuel 29v9
1Samuel 29:9 And Achish answered and said to David, I know that thou art good in my sight, as an angel of God: notwithstanding the princes of the Philistines have said, He shall not go up with us to the battle.

Achish was a philistine.An uncircumcised philistine.Not only was he a philistine, he was one of the (5)kings of the philistines.Not only was he one of the (5)kings of the philistines,he was Achish the king of Gath (the place Goliath came from).If anybody should qualify as one of David's chief enemies
it should be Achish.if anyone were to qualify as chief enemy and king of sinners serving a dead god,it was Achish.But yet,this Achish recognised that David was different and that David's God was different.He declared David to be as good in his eyes as an angel of God.what a challenge to us.We new covenant believers should rise up to live a life that sinners can see and say "You're better than I am","You're like an angel of God".Stainless and undefiled.In the new testament,the galatian believers also received Apostle Paul "as an angel of God".These things are written for our learning.These were men like we are but they opted for the higher life.It's your call.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:00am On Nov 30, 2008
A.K.O moderator,how do you change topic if you want to?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:00pm On Nov 30, 2008
November 30   Deuteronomy 30v9
Deuteronomy 30:9  And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:

Every child of God is blessed.Check out the promise(s) in our scripture above.Its good to read the Word of God.It's like checking your account balance.You can confidently withdraw.No wonder the apostles said faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.A child of God obeys His word.He is not a child of  disobedience.Any body that disobeys becomes a child of disobedience i.e a child of the devil.But for a child of God,it is Blessings galore.All you need to do is withdraw.And you know what? TODAY,you can withdraw confidently.
That makes God happy.One bank in Nigeria said "Happy customers,Happy Bank".Well this passage says "Happy children of God, Happy God."God wants to see you happy.He wants to again rejoice over you for good.He rejoiced when you gave your life to Christ.He rejoices anytime that you come to withdraw of your inheritance that you have in Christ.WITHDRAW DAILY PLEASE.Because the Lod thy God wants to make you pleanteous in EVREY work of thine hand.
Amen
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2008
December 1 Philippians 1v21
Phili 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (KJV)

Apostle Paul shows us the beautiful life of a child of God.That life is a life of joy in every circumstance.There is hope for every child of God.Living is profitable, Death is gainful.
That is the "above natural" life.It is the Supernatural life.It is a life of all things working together for good.Are you alive today?Praise God and have Christ at the centre of you.Whatever situation you might be in,"wide acceptance or rejection,comfort or pain,single or married,parenting or childless,promoted or sacked or you're just there'.Remember, the more important thing to have is Christ.For to me,to live is CHRIST.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2008
December 2 Proverbs 2v20
Prov2:20 That thou mayest WALK IN THE WAY OF good men and keep the paths of the righteous.

Here are words of wisdom from the only wise God.We're told to walk in the way of good men.We live in a society with the tendency to walk in the way/lifestyle of the people who seem to impress us.These are usually our entertainers,our actors and actresses,our musicians,the people in our gossip magazines,our sport idols and the rich guys next door.We often want to dress like them,talk like them,marry like them,behave like them and take their decisions.
Unfortunately,we tend to leave out the examples and pattern of life of good people like our parents,our pastors and spiritual leaders, and the GOOD PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE.It should not be so.We should 'keep' the path of the righteous.Do not derail.Some may say "I don't have any righteous person around me".Well you have Joseph,Moses,David,Paul,Peter,Esther,Ruth and others.They were all righteous people and are a great cloud of witnesses around you.Live the way they lived and walk in the way they walked.No need to stray or start your own new thing.keep the paths of the righteous
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2008
December 3  Esther  3v 4
Now it came to pass when they spake daily unto him,and he hearkened not unto them,that they told Haman,to see whether Mordecai's matters would stand, for he had told them that he was a Jew
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:34am On Dec 04, 2008
@all
I'm sorry I'm late to bring the word on the passage.pls kindly bear with me. Your godly inputs are welcome.you could share on any of the above passage/a passage of your choice.I also need rhema, U know. Help to be a blessing to others.as 1of my mentors said "who is sufficient for this things".
Anyway Esther 3:4
Mordecai was a Jew who still kept the commandments of God even outside the land of Israel. Although the king Ahasuerus had given a command,Mordecai had greater regard for the command of the King of kings (Jehovah).Even though there was daily pressure on him,he did not compromise FOR HE HAD TOLD THEM THAT HE WAS A JEW.
Many christians are very holy in church or around fellow believers but different/compromising when they mix with outsiders. From Today,dare to be a Christian,tell your friends you're a Christian.Tell your colleagues at work that you are a Christian. Tell the whole world that you are a CHRISTIAN. You're a different person,a peculiar people,a chosen generation. Have a higher perspective to life.Do not be ashamed to carry His name.Tell them that your life and ALL has being given to Him forever and take Jesus with you everywhere.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2008
December 4 Mark 4v 11
11. And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

It usually amuses me when unbelievers try to expound the Word of God. The things of the kingdom of God are spiritual.They are in another plane/dimension. You need more than the physical to understand the mystery of the kingdom of God.Just like the eyes alone cannot distinctly see far away, but with the help of some magnifying device,you can even see each star above and name them.With the help of some satellite device,you can see more than your ordinary eyes can see. It is more so with spiritual things. Those that are without (outside) can only get more confused as they try to know the things of God. That's why there is so much arguement,confusion,parable and sometimes bitterness from people who are not true followers of Jesus. But as for You,it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God. You have the help of the holy Spirit of God because,you're abiding in Christ and He in you. YOU see things clearly.
Sadly sometimes,some believers try to see afar off with their eyes, not using the devices available to them,so they act as confused as those without. From today,begin to Act right.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2008
December 5 Matthew 5v15,16
15. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.
16. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
NLT

One major purpose of light is for OTHERS to see.Light doesn't work for itself. It would be useless to us if there was light and we could not see it. Jesus says we are the light of the 'world'. The world around us has to see that light.God's purpose isn't fulfilled if others cannot see your light. People need to know that you're different. You are a light. A shining example for others to copy,not a photocopy of others. You know the way,you have the Word,you're on the path. Be the light,shining for all the world around you to see.THEY need to see your 'good' WORKS. Its not just a thing hidden in the heart. Let others see the light. God has not lighted you to be put under a basket only known to yourself. Give light to all that are in the house. Don't let your worship be evil spoken of. Having a Good conscience that,whereas they speak evil of you,as of evildoers,they may be ashamed that FALSELY accuse YOUR GOOD conversation in Christ.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2008
December 6 Hebrews 6v12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
God is never satisfied with nonchalance. Mediocrity is not related to Him and as children of God,we should be 'like Father,like child'. Many children of God today do not MOVE forward. They just take what comes their way.God expects us to enter into the fulness of His blessing(S).He wants us to manifest faith and patience to inherit the promise(S). Some just relax and think God's plan is only for them to be born again. Some think God's plan is finished when they're prosperous(rich). Some think it's only to have a family.Some think they've arrived when they experience good health. But from today,we can inherit the promiseS not just one promise.
God wants you to go forward.Don't be slothful/lazy.Don't stop where YOU are. There's a lot more in Jesus,there's ABUNDANT life available in the kingdom life. There's more Holiness and joy unspeakable,more perfection and greater anointing. Walk with those (Be followers of them) who through faith and patience inherit the promiseS.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2008
December 7 Mark 7v12,13
12. Then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother.
13. Thus you nullify the word of God by YOUR tradition that you have handed down.
NIV
Can you imagine that anything can make the quick and powerful word of God of none/null effect? Our little part if left unplayed or badly played can greatly hinder God's vision for one's life. God has made abundant provision for our happiness and satisfaction but we have our part to play. Unbelief,little sins,compromise,vain traditions are some of the things that can hinder the move of God in our circumstance.
One of the effects that God's word should produce should be care for our parents.When you disown/neglect your parents,you make the Word of God of none effect. What are you doing at present for your father and mother? Do you regard them?Do you obey them?Do you esteem them?Do you respect them?
When some people get married,they just neglect their parents and pass the buck of care to others. Both married and unmarried folks ought to honour their father and mother. This is the first commandment with promiSe.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2008
December 8 1Corinthians 8v9
But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak. KJV
A child of God should be considerate of others.That's a mark of a true follower of Jesus. It is referred to as dying to self,the crucified life. A believer doesn't just live for his own self or personal gains. Every action is with respect to others around him/her.Many today believe that they have liberty to do as they like. The injunction in the passage is that such believer should keep such liberty private. There's no profit trying to FORCE others into your liberty.You believe you're strong and free, please don't be a stumbling block to those of us who are weak. If we join you in your legal scriptural liberty,praise God, but if we don't, just keep interceding for us. At least,you can thank God that we're also on our way to heaven. Take heed, lest by ANY MEANS,this liberty of YOURS become a stumbling block!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2008
December 9 1Corinthians 9:24
24. Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run,that ye may obtain.

If you examine the life of Jesus Christ, you'll surely observe that He is a winner man. He has ALL power given unto Him.He's the greatest Overcomer, waiting for us to overcome. He could boldly say 'the prince of this world comes,and finds no fault in me.' The scripture encourages us to look unto Jesus.You're in a race in case you're not aware. Let us run the race set before us looking unto Jesus. He is the winner man.Run like Him.Run to obtain. Don't run based solely on how others around you are running.
Don't be discouraged by the condition of the track, or the number of the spectators, or the silence of the supporters, or the weather. Don't be discouraged by the spiritual state of the church or of the pastor or of your friend or even of yourself. Run for the prize.
Run to obtain. Live life with purpose. A lasting purpose, an eternal purpose. A goal/prize of heaven.Live everyday with heaven in mind. Live today with heaven to gain.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2008
December 12 Romans 12v17
17. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. kjv
We'll do well to take the words NO MAN and ALL in this verse seriously.It takes grace to obey this two commands.
Recompense to NO MAN evil for evil.This is impossible if you've not being given power to become sons of God. The word 'recompense' is a payment given for trouble or losses caused.It's a reward.It is a payment to cover damages. A payment every believer should make. When you're wronged (maybe a friend didn't come for an occasion you invited her to,or someone insulted you, or someone disappointed you), you're not expected to be passive or nonchalant about it, bottling it up.You're to pay back. In the world,they pay back evil for evil, but the brethren(believers) pay back good for evil. Most time when evil is bottled up,it comes out later in uncontrollable fury and revenge, so remember to recompense today with GOOD for evil and with BETTER for good. Provide things honest in the sight of ALL MEN.let your actions be honest in everyone's sight. Be sons of God,without rebuke. Dare to be blameless. Be Christlike,so that you may boldly say "the prince of this world is coming,he has no hold on me."
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Dec 12, 2008
@Hi Image123,

May the Lord richly bless you for the good work you are doing here, it is much appreciated.

I only clicked on this thread a moment ago and lo and behold I found out that you have been at it since last month.  God surely moves in mysterious ways, I felt the need to post messages by the date last week on the NL Christian E-Fellowship thread not knowing that you have been doing the same here.

Continue with the good work and may the good Lord give you more rhema words for us to meditate upon in Jesus' name.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2008
@OLAADEGBU
thanks 4d prayers,appreciation and encouragement.May God answer your prayers. I've being reading the posts you referred to on E fellowship.they're great.Your posts are equally welcome anytime on this thread.It is well with you brother
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2008
December 13 2Corinthians 13v11
11. Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
2Corinthians 13 is the final chapter in about twenty nine (29) chapters of the epistle of Paul to the Corinthians. The Corinthian believers were beautiful Christians. They were sanctified and had the grace of God.They were enriched in everything and came behind in no gift. They were eager to learn and they asked sensible and sincere questions from their leaders. They were proud partakers of sufferings and persecutions for Christ's sake. The corinthian christians abounded in giving. Infact,they were FORWARD and zealous givers to the ministering of the saints. They were a shining example to many other churches.this qualities are rare today among professing christians.
And yet,they were told not to stop there, but Be perfect. Aim for perfection(NIV). Make a great effort to achieve perfection.
Today,many Christians have being subtly robbed by satan of the belief/faith to be perfect. It's popular to confess "I'm not perfect, Nobody is perfect." The perfection referred to in the Bible for believers is not mathematical/academic perfection of scoring 100% in every exam, it is not angelic perfection of being always there on time,never forgetting anything,saying the best words and using the best expressions at all times. It is a perfection of love. Perfect Love for God and His commands, and perfect love for one another. Be ye therefore perfect as your Father is. Finally brethren, be perfect, and the God of love and peace shall be with you. Have faith, for with God,all things , , ,
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2008
December 14 Proverbs 14v19,32
19. The evil bow before the good; and the wicked at the gates of the righteous.
32. The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

If only Christians would know. As God says 'my people perish for lack of knowledge'. To be able to comprehend the breadth and length and depth and height and to be filled with God.That the eyes of your understanding may be enlightened,that you may know the hope and the riches of the glory. Knowledge is power. If only you knew,you would walk in dominion.The evil bow before the good. If you could hold on to that,irrespective of present circumstances.knowing the final results,you would not give up, you wouldn't fear because you know the evil bow before the good.
You'll not compromise or join them because they're coming back to meet you for the evil bow before the good. And even in death,the righteous has hope. He is not lost forever,she has no regrets,no sorrow,no crying forever.He's not gone too soon. You don't cry/lament for the righteous like OTHERS which have no hope, the righteous hath hope in his death.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2008
December 15 John 15:4
4. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

The Longman's dictionary of contemporary english describes staying power as the ability or energy to keep doing something difficult until it is finished. That is the kind of power Jesus refers to here in our today's passage. He says the believer CANNOT bear fruit except he remains/abides in Christ. This is gospel truth.
Some people think that because they raised up their hand at one time,or they cried at one time,or they came forward for altar call at one meeting, or fell down or had an emotional experience at one time, that that's all.They believe they're on their way to heaven. The Bible says its more than that. You need to abide.you must remain. You can't live the APPROVED life alone. You cannot bear fruit alone. Belong to the body of Christ.And be ruled by Christ. Let Jesus be your Lord and King. Outside Him,there's nothing of much significance. As they've said,'only what is done for Christ will last'. Get the power,staying power to live a righteous,victorious,fruitful life. STAY in Christ and let Christ Jesus stay in YOU.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2008
December 16 Psalm16:11
11. Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

The believing Christian is serving an impressive God. The eternal creator of everlasting pleasure and joy.Thou will show me 'the path of life'. If only the map of your life journey was the one in God's hand,you will doubtless meet joy and pleasure and of course HEAVEN. Unfortunately,many people find the path of life within themselves.They're too intelligent. Some others look for the path of life from what the majority are doing.everyone is cheating,fornicating,revelling and dressing 'to kill' so lets do that. But to be a man after God's heart and say 'God will show me the path of life'.
Do you know that some people believe that God is too big or too busy to think about how we should live our lives? Well,as for me and my house, God will show me/us the path of life and in His presence is fullness of joy, complete joy and pleasureS forevermore. Man has tried and is still trying to develop ways of entertainment and bringing joy to people's lives. Infact,there's big business and money in entertainment but this entertainment can at best last for minutes. Today,spend wisely,spend your life for joy unspeakable and full of glory. Pleasures forevermore await you if you come to the right hand of the magnificent God.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2008
December 17 John 17:16
16. They are not of the world,even as I am not of the world.

Not of the world, EVEN AS I am not of the world. What an opportunity! To be partakers of the divine nature. To be like Jesus. The very same way,even as,just like He is not of the world. He is of heaven,comparing spiritual with spiritual. And that's the way Christians are expected to be. To be like Jesus EVEN AS I am not of the world. EVEN AS he is pure as 1John3 puts it.
Some christians today demote themselves with their earthly mentality and confessions. Some say "I'm just a human being, I'm not a saint, I'm a sinner! " This is not God's will. Jesus expects Not of the world, EVEN AS I am not of the world. As a child of God,you're a stranger and a pilgrim. A confident pilgrim.A lifted stranger. You're more than this world and its systems. Hebrews11 describes us as people 'of whom the world was not worthy'. Christian,come out of the world and its systems.They are not of the world. The world's taste, music, dressing, slang and cravings are below Christian standard. You're a peculiar people. May the Lord grant you understanding in these things.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2008
December 18 Matthew 18v3
3. And said, Verily I say unto you,Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You know the word 'verily', it shows how sure it is.It means I tell you the truth.You know this is Jesus talking. If he just said "Except ye be converted, and become as little children,ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven", we know already He is telling the truth. He is the truth. But then, you know He's not mincing words or talking in parables,He put it straight by saying 'VERILY I say unto you'. This is the king of heaven talking of the prerequisite of admission into His Kingdom. Do you notice he wasn't talking to sinners or publicans or pharisees? He said this to His disciples! Nobody has a free ticket to heaven.Everyone has to meet the standard, the requirement,the prerequisite. Except you are converted and become as little children. There needs to be a conversion from being a sinner to being a saint. A turn,a change from evil to good,from darkness to light.From the ways(your ways,devil's ways etc) to the WAY. The experience of the new birth. A fruitfulness of bearing good fruits,no more evil fruits/no fruits. And then to become as little children. A quality of humility,tender heart, meekness and forgiveness. Jesus can do it in you right now if only you ask.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2008
December 19 Luke 19:14,27
14. But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
27. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
AV

Many bible students will agree that the parable our Today's passage is taken from was refering to the church/the body of Christ/the followers of Jesus. That Jesus gave his servants pounds/talents and told them to occupy till He, Christ returns.
The surprising and dangerously accurate thing is that HIS CITIZENS hated Him. How true,yet how shocking. One would have imagined that the people of other religions would hate Christ.One would have expected that people of no religions(atheists and agnostic) might hate Jesus the king. One should not be surprised if the pharisees and the sadducees and the chief priests and the Jews say that they hate Christ Jesus and crucify him and boldly declare 'his blood be on us and on our children'. But for HIS CITIZENS (professing christians,people who say they're part of Christ's kingdom,born again and saved) to hate Him, Well,well.
There are 'christians' today whose lifestyle shouts "we will not have this man reign over us". They'll rather live by their personal standards and not God's word. They'ld rather have their pastor reign than Christ to reign. Well Jesus Christ considers such a person as an enemy not a citizen(v27). The question is 'Is Christ Lord of YOU?' Does he have a say on what you do,where you go,how you go,what you eat,drink,wear? He is meek and lowly in heart and His COMMANDMENTS are not grievous.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2008
December 20 Luke 20:4-7
4. John's baptism-was it from heaven, or of men?
5. They discussed it among themselves and said, If we say, 'From heaven',he will ask,'Why didn't you believe him?'
6. But if we say 'From men,' all the people will stone us, because they are persuaded that John was a prophet.
7. So they answered, 'We don't know where it was from.'
NIV

The chief priests, scribes and the elders were put on the spot in this passage. It would not have being difficult for them if they were poor in spirit. But because of their pride,they could not concede that they were wrong about John the baptist. They were afraid to lose the confidence that the people had in them.But what is the confidence people have in you when God has no confidence in you? What is the praise of men to God's approval.
Today, we have some chief priests,scribes and elders in some preachers,denominations and backsliders. Inside of them, they sometimes sincerely know that they've being wrong in some things,but instead of becoming humble and submitting to God's word and revelation on the matter, they turn a deaf ear,and sometimes try to twist scriptures to suit themselves. They would rather keep themselves and their members in wrong doctrine than repent, change and begin to preach the right. You can ask God today to search you and see if there's anything wrong in you and/or with you and to cleanse you of such. It takes childlike humility.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2008
December 21 Proverbs 21:21

21. He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness , and honor.

Jesus said, 'seek and you will find.' That still stands true today and forever. Sorry to perhaps burst your bubble but the Christian life/walk is not automatic. It doesn't stop with just 'Oh thank God,I'm now a child of God, I gave my life to Jesus.' Actually it starts from there,not stop. Seek ye first His righteousness.That is the everyday first step to take. Look for His righteousness.Follow after righteousness. Pursue it.Make sure you get it. Righteousness doesn't just jump on you by confessing 'I am God's righteousness'. As a child of God,seek it. If GOD's righteousness is not in your worship location, the advice is seek it where you can get it. Follow/chase/target it with people who call on God out of a PURE heart. Earnestly look for it in the Word. And the promise is 'He that followeth after righteousness and mercy finds LIFE, RIGHTEOUSNESS and HONOUR. Trust God to always put additional blessings.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 10:26am On Dec 22, 2008
December 22 Job 22:23
23. If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.

It is not a secret that God has ability to promote even the poorest to various levels of glory. He takes shepherd boys to become kings and prisoners to become prime ministers. In a period when there is economic insecurity all over the world,God still remains the surest,most reliable source of prosperity. The U.S, the U.K, Germany and many other countries and tribes all have histories that attest to development,abundance and social security when their leaders imbibed biblical principles and doctrines into their national laws and processes.
As an individual,the same still applies. Return to the Almighty and be built up. Be built up. Be built up. Not just a one-off hit or jackpot. A continual and continuous prospering.A firm foundation and building. It will happen to you.until you can say 'The Lord is my shepherd,I SHALL NOT want.' praise the Lord.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2008
December 23 Job 23:8-10

8. Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
9. On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
10. But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

One thing I know,Job did not have some of the beautiful things we new testament Christians have. But what he had, he had.
We're supposed to have what Job had+new. Job went everywhere seeking God in time of trouble. It MAY surprise you but our Today's passage says he didn't see/find God.'He is not there,I cannot perceive Him, I cannot behold Him, He HIDES Himself that I cannot see Him.'
But beautiful Job, patient faithfilled Job, he says in verse 10 BUT, but he knows the way that I take, v11 my foot hath held his steps, verse12 neither have I gone back! Can you do that?
You're in deep trouble and you call God and no answer,will your foot hold His steps? Will you say 'even if God,you seem to let me go, I am not letting you go.' Job's world had come crashing on his head and he still believed God,he didn't go back. If your best friend died, or someone close to you had a terrible accident, or you lost your job, or you didn't get healed at the crusade, or your property was stolen,or you were wrongfully imprisoned, would you act like Job? You can come boldly before the throne of grace and get grace this instant.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2008
December 23 Job 23:8-10

8. Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
9. On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
10. But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

One thing I know,Job did not have some of the beautiful things we new testament Christians have. But what he had, he had.
We're supposed to have what Job had+new. Job went everywhere seeking God in time of trouble. It MAY surprise you but our Today's passage says he didn't see/find God.'He is not there,I cannot perceive Him, I cannot behold Him, He HIDES Himself that I cannot see Him.'
But beautiful Job, patient faithfilled Job, he says in verse 10 BUT, but he knows the way that I take, v11 my foot hath held his steps, verse12 neither have I gone back! Can you do that?
You're in deep trouble and you call God and no answer,will your foot hold His steps? Will you say 'even if God,you seem to let me go, I am not letting you go.' Job's world had come crashing on his head and he still believed God,he didn't go back. If your best friend died, or someone close to you had a terrible accident, or you lost your job, or you didn't get healed at the crusade, or your property was stolen,or you were wrongfully imprisoned, would you act like Job? You can come boldly before the throne of grace and get grace this instant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Bishop T.D Jakes And Wife, Serita, Recreate Their 23-Year-Old Picture / What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.