Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). (25630 Views)

Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Joshua-Iginla Gives Out 22-Cars And Other Gifts To Celebrate Birthday / Rhema Chapel Pastor Was Into Occultism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2011
The Good Lord will not forget your work of faith and labour of love in Jesus' name.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2011
I'd be referencing 'heavily' from the writing from a respected man of God, Nee To-sheng of Foochow, China.
Many are aware of the sufferings of Christ in the body. Of how He was beaten and crucified, so we'll start there. It's been graphically demonstrated in the movies we watch on Jesus of Nazareth. Infact, many T.V stations would soon resume showing it to the world again. Well i need to remind you, Jesus did not suffer for us to cry or pity Him. Actually, He said 'weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.' So remember this easter, He doesn't need your weepings, He needs your repentance, your hearts, your very life given to Him.
Christ's sufferings were clearly foretold in the messianic writings. They have pierced my hands and feet (Psalm 22v16). Zechariah called attention to 'Him whom they have pierced'(Zechariah 12v10). His hands, His feet, His head and brow, His side and heart were all pierced by men. Pierced by sinful humanity and pierced for sinful humanity. He was pierced for you. Think of something heavy mistakenly falling on you, like the ceiling fan, or an hammer. An hammer knowingly fell on Jesus, He was NAILED to wood. He suffered for your body. He suffered for you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:04pm On Apr 05, 2011
Amen o, my brother Olaadegbu
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2011
Image123:

Amen o, my brother Olaadegbu

Your labour in the Lord is not in vain.

Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2011
So, we've been considering th crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Jesus was betrayed by His close friend, Judas Iscariot.
Psalm 41:9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
They were so close that even when Christ told His disciples plainly of who was to betray Him, they still couldn't imagine it, less believe it.
John 13:26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
John 13:28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.
John 13:29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

But He was betrayed and beaten for no reason at all. Pilate asked that He should be beaten thinking after that, the people would be appeased and allow Jesus' release.
John 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.
John 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands.
John 19:4 Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.
John 19:5 Then came Jesus forth, wearing the crown of thorns, and the purple robe. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold the man!

When Jesus was beaten, He was beaten by soldiers. The chief priests imprisoned Him and smote Him. He was terribly wounded in the body. Have you ever seen a thief beaten by a mob, or a 'witch' flogged. Jesus took more than that. the marks were everywhere and stinging on His sweat.
His fever ran high for, with the weight of His whole body hanging unsupported on the cross, His blood could not circulate freely. He was extremely thirsty and therefore cried out, "Psalm 22:15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death."
Psalm 69:21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
Have you ever been thirsty, very thirsty? In thirst, even 'soft drinks' would not do but water. Jesus the Creator of heaven and earth, the master of the Oceans and Seas, He became thirsty because of us. He thirsted that we may not have to beg for a drop of water to cool our tongue in hell. Jesus' love is very wonderful, and I love Him too. Do you?
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 1:36am On Apr 12, 2011
As we draw closer to the remembrance/celebration of Christ's crucifixion, death and resurrection, may i remind you that He died for everybody.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man

Jesus Christ did not come to die for Himself. he didn't die for one generation, or for one nation. He died for the whole world. Just as Adam sinned and once you're born of Adam, you become a sinner automatically by inheritance. The same way as Jesus died for us all, you become righteous and your sins paid for the moment you're born of God i.e born again. It's necessary for you to be born to be a sinner, and it's also necessary for you to be born again/born of God for you to be righteous. Jesus Christ came to take our place in judgement. He came to be judged/punished spirit, soul and body, so that we'll not be judged/punished again by God. It was expedient that He should possess spirit, soul and body because man possesses spirit, soul and body. God is a Spirit, the angels are ministering spirits. Animals do not possess spirit i.e the life that God breathed on Adam. Jesus Christ came in the flesh as the seed of David and suffered judgement in His body.
We're told that His visage was so marred beyond recognition. As many were astonished at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men (Isaiah 52v14). He was beaten to pulp, for me and for you. he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.(Isaiah 53). They beat Him so much that if you saw Him, you might spit, They hid their faces from Him. Even with these, He was still nailed. The hands must be nailed, for they love to sin. The mouth must suffer, for it loves to sin. The feet must be pierced, for they love to sin. The brow must be crowned with a thorny crown, for it too loves to sin. All that the human body needed to suffer was executed upon His body. Thus He suffered physically even to death. He knew no peace, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2011
A week from today, we'll be celebrating Jesus Christ crucified, the good Friday. How true it is that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. What people were weeping for, saw as a great injustice, a day of sorrow, was turned by God to good. Bad Friday became good Friday. Suffering brought Forgiveness, and His disgrace brought Grace. It is good because He suffered for us. No man was qualified or able. Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. But Jesus, the lamb of God, volunteered Himself. He gave Himself of His own volition, He could have declined to undertake such suffering in body, soul and spirit. When they came to take Him, they stumbled and fell. John 18:6 As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. . He could have escaped if He chose to, He could have disappeared, he could have rendered all the enemies blind, paralysed, even dead, He could have called 10,000 angels. But He died for us, for you and for me. He thought of us. the human race would have been forever hopeless, judgement/condemnation would have been yours. But He tool our place. He willingly offered His body to endure immeasurable trials and pains, never for a moment shrinking back until He knew that "all was now finished" (John 19.28). Only then did He dismiss his spirit.
Not His body only, His soul as well, suffered. The soul is the organ of self-consciousness. Before being crucified, Christ was administered wine mingled with myrrh as a sedative to alleviate pain, but He refused it as He was not willing to lose His consciousness. Human souls have fully enjoyed the pleasure of sins; accordingly in His soul Jesus would endure the pain of sins. He would rather drink the cup given Him by God than the cup which numbed consciousness.
How shameful is the punishment of the cross! It was used to execute runaway slaves. A slave had neither property nor rights. His body belonged to his master; he could therefore be punished with the most shameful cross. The Lord Jesus took the place of a slave and was crucified. Isaiah called Him "the servant"(Isaiah 53v11); Paul said He took the form of a slave (Philippians 2v7). Yes, as a slave He came to rescue us who are subject to the lifelong bondage of sin and Satan. We are slaves to passion, temper, habits and the world. We are sold to sin. Yet He died because of our slavery and bore our entire shame.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2011
A week from today, we'll be celebrating Jesus Christ crucified, the good Friday. How true it is that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. What people were weeping for, saw as a great injustice, a day of sorrow, was turned by God to good. Bad Friday became good Friday. Suffering brought Forgiveness, and His disgrace brought Grace. It is good because He suffered for us. No man was qualified or able. Rev 5:4  And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. But Jesus, the lamb of God, volunteered Himself. He gave Himself of His own volition, He could have declined to undertake such suffering in body, soul and spirit. When they came to take Him, they stumbled and fell. John 18:6  As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. . He could have escaped if He chose to, He could have disappeared, he could have rendered all the enemies blind, paralysed, even dead, He could have called 10,000 angels. But He died for us, for you and for me. He thought of us. the human race would have been forever hopeless, judgement/condemnation would have been yours. But He tool our place. He willingly offered His body to endure immeasurable trials and pains, never for a moment shrinking back until He knew that "all was now finished" (John 19.28). Only then did He dismiss his spirit.
Not His body only, His soul as well, suffered. The soul is the organ of self-consciousness. Before being crucified, Christ was administered wine mingled with myrrh as a sedative to alleviate pain, but He refused it as He was not willing to lose His consciousness. Human souls have fully enjoyed the pleasure of sins; accordingly in His soul Jesus would endure the pain of sins. He would rather drink the cup given Him by God than the cup which numbed consciousness.
How shameful is the punishment of the cross! It was used to execute runaway slaves. A slave had neither property nor rights. His body belonged to his master; he could therefore be punished with the most shameful cross. The Lord Jesus took the place of a slave and was crucified. Isaiah called Him "the servant"(Isaiah 53v11); Paul said He took the form of a slave (Philippians 2v7). Yes, as a slave He came to rescue us who are subject to the lifelong bondage of sin and Satan. We are slaves to passion, temper, habits and the world. We are sold to sin. Yet He died because of our slavery and bore our entire shame.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2011
Jesus died for you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
The Bible records that the soldiers took the garments of the Lord Jesus (John 19.23). He was nearly naked when crucified. This is one of the shames of the cross. Sin takes our radiant garment away and renders us naked. Our Lord was stripped bare before Pilate and again on Calvary. How would His holy soul react to such abuse? Would it not insult the holiness of His personality and cover Him with shamefulness? Who can enter into His feeling of that tragic moment? Because every man had enjoyed the apparent glory of sin, so the Savior must endure the real shame of sin. Truly "Thou (God) hast covered him with shame . . . with which thy enemies taunt, 0 Lord, with which they mock the footsteps of thy anointed"; He nonetheless "endured the cross, despising the shame" (Psalm 89.45,51;
Heb. 12.2). No one can ever ascertain how fully the soul of the Savior suffered on the cross. We often contemplate His physical suffering but overlook the feeling of His soul.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2011
We are drawing nearer to good Friday. Good Friday was actually bad sad Friday. All the disciples were in fear, many hopes were dashed. the disciples said (Luke 24:21) But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel:. Good people went into hiding instead of into rejoicing. But now with a better perspective, we can look back and say that was good Friday, actually it was the best Friday ever. But from what we've been looking at, we recall now that Jesus suffered for us, not for Himself. And that man been a tripartite being i.e having spirit, soul and body, it was needful for our punishment/judgement to be tripartite to be full, perfect and acceptable. Only Jesus met that criteria, no man could or can because we are all already corrupted by the Adam gene virus(the Adamic nature). That's why God had to send His Son in form of a man. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. We are fleshly and usually readily think more of the flesh and physical. We are quick to remember vividly Christ's sufferings in the flesh, the beatings, the nails and the thorns. Christ also suffered for us in the soul.
We'll say it again, Our Lord was stripped bare before Pilate and again on Calvary. How would His holy soul react to such abuse? Would it not insult the holiness of His personality and cover Him with shamefulness? Who can enter into His feeling of that tragic moment? Because every man had enjoyed the apparent glory of sin, so the Savior must endure the real shame of sin.

Psa 89:45 The days of his youth hast thou shortened: thou hast covered him with shame. Selah.
Psa 89:50 Remember, Lord, the reproach of thy servants; how I do bear in my bosom the reproach of all the mighty people;
Psa 89:51 Wherewith thine enemies have reproached, O LORD; wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
A week before the Passover He was heard to mention: John 12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. This points to the cross. While in the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus was again heard to say: Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
Were it not for these words we would hardly think his soul had suffered. Isaiah 53 mentions thrice how His soul was made an offering for sin, how His soul travailed, and how He poured out His soul to death
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath[b] poured out his soul[/b] unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors

He bore the psychological torture just for us. He never had to know pain or worry for all eternity. He never made mistakes. Jesus did it all in our stead. Because Jesus bore the curse and shame of the cross, whoever believes in Him shall no more be cursed and put to shame.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
Today's good Friday. Thank God for good Friday. What a demonstration of God's promise that ALL things work together for the good of them that love God, who are called according to His purposes and plans(Romans 8v28). Good Friday was the day that certified and ratified the new covenant. It puts us in the new testament. Good Friday is the exact difference between B.C and A.D. On good Friday, the lamb of God took away the sins of ALL the world. It was on good Friday that the lamb was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing(Revelation 5). He Jesus Christ was made the paschal lamb, the real passover. He lived to die, to atone for my sins and for yours, to take away the sins of all the world (1John 2v2).
 To do this, effectively, we observed that it was expedient for Him to live and die as a man. Only man has spirit, soul and body. In Genesis, we recall God making man out of dust. The dust was his flesh, his body. Then God breathed on the body, Genesis 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Step one, two and three are revealed in this verse. From forming body, God gifted man with the breath of life. This 'breath of life' is man's life/spirit. It came from God and returns to God when we die. It's not Eternal Life that Christ came to give. When spirit met with body in Adam, man became a living soul. The soul was made like the connector between the spirit and the body, making them one and fused together. Man truly communicates with God in his spirit (Proverbs 20v27) for God is a S[/b]pirit: and they that worship him must worship him [b]in spirit and in truth. John 4:24. The Spirit was designed to be the real man, and God warned man of death if he disobeyed Him. Every sinner is cut off/dead from God. Adam died in spirit, then gradually soul and body. the wages of sin is death. God's gift to us is life, Eternal Life. Eternal Life is available to us for free today, but it was paid for. It was paid for fully by Christ until he said "It is finished". He suffered fully spirit, soul and body, that we might regain life spirit, soul and body, and even paradise. We've looked at His suffering in the body which many are familiar with, and His suffering in the soul. We'll reflect now on His suffering for us in spirit.
  His spirit suffered immensely. The spirit is that part of man which equips him to commune with God. The Son of God was holy, blameless, unstained, separate from sinners. His spirit was united with the Holy Spirit in perfect oneness. Never did there exist a moment of disturbance and doubt, for He always had God's presence with Him. "It is not I alone," declared Jesus often, "but I and He who sent me , And He who sent me is with me" (I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me John 8v16b). John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
For this reason He could pray in John 11v41,42 Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.  And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
 Nevertheless, while He hung on the cross-and if there ever were a day when the Son of God desperately needed the presence of God it must be that day-He cried out,  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? (Psalm 22v1)
Lamentations 1:12  Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the LORD hath afflicted me in the day of his fierce anger.
Isaiah says 'it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief'. It was done because of US. His spirit was split asunder from God. How intensely He felt the loneliness, the desertion, the separation. The Son was still yielding, the Son was still obeying the will of the Father-God, yet the Son was forsaken: not for His Own sake, but for the sake of others.
Sin affects most deeply the spirit; consequently, holy as the Son of God was, still He had to be wrenched away from the Father because He bore the sin of others. It is true that in the countless days of eternity past "I and the Father are one" (John 10.30). Even during His days of earthly sojourn this remained true, for His humanity could not be a cause of separation from God. Sin alone could separate: even though that sin be the sin of others. Jesus suffered this spiritual separation for us in order that our spirit could return to God.
When He surveyed the death of Lazarus, Jesus might have been thinking of His Own approaching death, and so " he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled." (John 11.33). Upon announcing that He would be betrayed and die on the cross, He was again "troubled in spirit" (John 13.21 When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.).  On good friday, on the cross, He was deprived of the mighty strengthening through the Holy Spirit in His spirit (Eph. 3.16) because His spirit was torn away from the Spirit of God.  The Lord Jesus became sin for us on the cross. His inner holy humanity was completely smashed as God passed judgment upon unholy humanity. Forsaken by God, Christ thus suffered sin's bitterest pain, enduring in darkness the punitive wrath of God on sin without the support of the love of God or the light of His countenance. To be forsaken by God is the consequence of sin. He waited and endured(Hebrews 12v2). He'd not give up, he'd not take in vinegar to help alleviate the pain by numbing His consciousness, he'd not faint, He bore it all for us all until he knew it was done. the great transaction is done. then could He declare "It is finished". Then was when he committed His Spirit, then was when He left life. He is Life, He came to give us abundant life. But He had to hold on tenaciously to life for us. He bore it all for us. he bore it all for me, and today, i'm glad to say
Thank You Lord
I love you Lord, I worship You
You are my God, you alone are good
You asked Your Son to carry this,
the heavy cross- our weight of sin
I love you Lord, I worship You
Hope which was lost, now stands renewed, and
I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the Saviour King
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2011
We've looked rather extensively at the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ. It would not suffice to say that He(Jesus Christ) is the reason for the season. We know He died, and that His death was important and priority for all of mankind/humanity. The Scriptures tell us that He died to redeem us i.e to buy us back to Himself/God.
Titus 2:14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from ALL iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
We were sold to satan and to sin. Actually the transaction was carried between Adam and satan, when Adam submitted dominion to satan by following him in the stead of God. God had given Man dominion and the earth. Man lost it and fell, but Jesus came to get it back for us. The legal means in the spiritual realm was this payment. Jesus paid for us all, on our accounts. It's then up to every one of us individually to withdraw from our account the price Christ Jesus paid in our name. It's been paid into every account by the death of Jesus. You have no excuse to remain bound to sin and satan(and their influences). Christ has paid it all.
 But Jesus did not only die, as important as His death is. Jesus also rose again. Jesus Christ rose from the dead never to die again. That's what makes Him the firstborn from the dead (Colossians 1v18). Jesus' resurrection is as important as His crucifixion, death and burial are. I think it's safe to say that Christ died to take away the GUILT of sin, and that He arose to take away the POWER of sin. Those are two important things, the GUILT and the POWER. Christ came to deal with the two. Have you become free from the two(guilt and power of sin)? This is the complete package. this is the FULL gospel.
So, to 'the reason for the season'. Jesus Christ arose on Sunday morning. That's why Christians usually refer to Sunday as the Lord's day. It's a biblical practice as well. John the beloved referred to it in the book of Revelation, when he said "Rev 1:10  I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day". So there you have it, the Lord's day! And when Jesus rose again, He showed Himself with MANY PROOFS, to His witnesses.
Acts 1:3  To whom also he showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
We have recorded in scriptures, about 12 different appearances of Christ to His witnesses. These 12 of course were not the only appearances, but they've been specially recorded in the Bible for us.  in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. Matthew 18:16b; 2Corinth 13:1b. Wow, so generous, He gave us twelve 12 YIPPEE!!! We'll consider those twelve next.

Acts 2:24  Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2011
Thank God for today. God remains the same yesterday, TODAY and forever. God, who raised up Jesus Christ from the dead and caused Him to appear to His witness in Jerusalem can raise you up TODAY from any dead/buried situation that you may find yourself, and allow Jesus Christ to be revealed to you. Amen.
When Jesus rose early on Sunday morning, He showed Himself to His witnesses over a period of 40 days before ascending to Heaven. We have about twelve separate/distinct accounts of His INFALLIBLE proof. We'll briefly list them below;
1. Jesus appeared first to Mary Magdalene. Mark 16:9  Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
2. Jesus appeared to the other women coming from the tomb. Matthew 28:9  And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshiped him.
3. Jesus appeared to Simon Peter. Luke 24:34  Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
4. Jesus appeared to two disciples going to Emmaus. Mark 16:12  After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.
5. Jesus appeared to His disciples in a room at the evening of the resurrection Sunday. Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
6. Jesus appeared the next Sunday to the disciples and Thomas. John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace, be unto you.
7. Jesus appeared to seven disciples at the sea of Tiberias. John 21:1  After these things Jesus showed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise showed he himself.
8. Jesus appeared to His disciples and led them to Bethany. Luke 24:50  And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
9. Jesus appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee. Matthew 28:16  Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
10. Jesus appeared to James, the Lord's brother. 1Corinthians 15:7  After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
11. Jesus appeared to more than 500 brethren at once. 1Corinthians 15:6  After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
12. Jesus appeared to all the apostles. 1Corinthians 15:7  After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

Infallible stuff really, what Jesus did. No wonder the disciples said in Acts 4:20  For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. Before the saw, they were afraid, locked up, moving sadly(And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?Luke 24v17). But Jesus arose, and appeared. Some people think He never died, but that He woke from a coma and was moving about limping until he disappeared. how can that be? Soldiers were paid to guard His tomb. Is it the fearful disciples in hiding that would have overpowered the Roman soldiers, or a weak, wounded Jesus coming out of a perceived coma. How could He have rolled away the stone? how could He have inspired His disciples who became ultra-bold for the rest of their lives? John said "1John 1:1  That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1John 1:2  (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink
"
Peter spoke with boldness to the priests, sadducees and religious leaders. Acts 4:10  Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God RAISED FROM THE DEAD, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
They cold not deny it! The text says, THEY COULD SAY NOTHING AGAINST IT. Infact they themselves said "We cannot deny it". It embarrassed their religious bigotry, His resurrection molested their hypocrisy. Matthew 28:12  And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers,
Matthew 28:13  Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
Matthew 28:15  So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.

You know we can benefit immensely from the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, or we can choose to remain in darkness like the 'elders' and consellors, but I pray we'll benefit. Jesus came for us all, ALL of us. WHOSOEVER believes Him will have this good abundant eternal life. You can believe TODAY.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:29am On May 06, 2011
May 6 Revelation 6v3,7
Rev 6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see

Human relationship tends to spiral downwards naturally. When you do not know someone, or speak with someone, you sort of respect one another, you almost fear the other even. At first meeting with another, there's this mutual respect normally shared. It's when you begin to know things like the person's age, job, tribe, need, family, that the respect sort of fades away. Now you know he's your junior, or that he's not financially endowed, or that you're intelligently superior to her, or she actually 'eats food and swallows saliva' like everyone else. This behavior illustrates the adage that "Familiarity breeds contempt".
This is almost a natural downtrend of relationships in all humans. But we can actually build healthy relationships, we can respect one another. This is the way we can gain the most from others. And the very same is true with our relationship with God. You can know God so much He's contemptible to you. You've been there, read those and done that. The Word of God becomes a light thing to you, there's no Spirit. But we can learn from the example of John the beloved in our Today's passage.
John had an history with God, a great enviable history. He was actually that special disciple whom Jesus loved. He had seen Pentecost, performed miracles, laid hands on people, written epistles, talked with angels, and with the resurrected Christ in His glory. But he didn't get over-familiar. Here he was in heavenly revelation and yet he was not over-confident. He was called upon to come and see, not once, not twice. He didn't get too familiar or take for granted that one "Come and see" should launch him into a busy body world. He was continually under leading and authority. Little wonder that all those Revelations were fully revealed to him and then for us. To enjoy God, we need this same attitude. Actually to enjoy all our relationships, we need this sort of attitude.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by IDERAWOLE(m): 5:09pm On May 12, 2011
@Image123,
Just found your thread; its indeed a great resource point, thanks a million.

Your article today is also crucial for life success, interestingly, most of the time we looked forward to other means, to get ahead in life.

Unknown to us, other means of making progress in life cost one thing or the other particularly money. A lot of us are psychologically down due to lack of cash to get things done.

However, here we are, with healthy relationship, we can get ahead in life without money. Most of us find this unbelievable, because we are not tutored in the power of relationship.

God Himself demonstrated this with His Love to humanity by giving His only begotten son in death to connect with humanity; Jn.3:16.

The problem with most of us in building relationship is that we do not know how to put others first. When we learn that, we can always connect with anybody at any level.

The key question should always be: what can I give first to get what I want?

@Image123; more oil(INK) from your pen.

Check me up at: http://goodlifenow-goodlifenow..com
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Joagbaje(m): 6:30am On May 13, 2011
Revelation 4:1
1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:52pm On May 15, 2011
@IDERAWOLE
Thank you, and we thank God. i checked your wonderful blog btw.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 12:35am On May 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

Revelation 4:1
1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

And talking about coming up hither, our today's passage speaks on similar veins,
May 16 Luke 14v10

Luke 14:10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
We see in Today's passage a very important part for our lives. that important quality is humility. Jesus Christ was humble and His followers should also be humble. People love to arrogate positions to themselves. In the world, it is normal to blow your trumpet, but Christians are not supposed to be like everyone else.
This is what Jesus was saying in Today's passage, it's an enjoining to humility. In this sea of the world that we live, it's very difficult for a Christian to lift himself up. it's like stretching your legs and neck to the higher level. How long can you continue in that, and how far can you see with that? What you need to do is to let God do the lifting.
Let God do the lifting. He will carry you on His shoulders, on eagle's wings. humble yourself before the Lord and He will lift you up. Everyone wants to go higher, we all want to be lifted. Jesus has set the example, the way up is down. It's the way of humility. it is humility that necessitates and facilitates the COMMAND to go up higher. This is the secret to success and to heavenly blessings. And don't go yet, it is also an important secret for God's glory in our midst as saints. It is godly to be humble. If it is godly, it means that it is a thing that God would do.
Sometimes, God is in our midst but He's gone to sit somewhere in the lowest room. Please, remember to lift Him up. Tell Him "Lord, go up higher", for then He will have worship, and draw us to Himself. Well, now you know the indispensable quality. I pray it becomes not just knowledge but revelation, that it may profit you. Amen.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:30am On Sep 01, 2011
September 1 Ruth 1v16

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Relationships are built, and if you know anything about building, building involves WORK. Even when you finished/stopped building, a structure left to itself will decay. Little wonder we see great relationships, even marriages that turn sour. They were left alone, uncatered for, neglected, underestimated.
Ruth and Orpah were daughters-in-law to Naomi. They had an enviable in-law relationship. They had challenged the status quo and embraced a jewish family and their Jehovah. Despite serious drawbacks, they both 'arose' to follow their mother-in-law to know more of her God and His people. This about a decade long relationship was more than a "death do us part" relationship. It was a built relationship, they'd worked it no doubt. But then, Orpah went back to her people and her gods and Ruth was both admonished and commanded to do likewise. What a woman Ruth was! A model to every christian today.e than a "death do us part" relationship. It was a built relationship, they'd worked it no doubt. But then, Orpah went back to her people and her gods and Ruth was both admonished and commanded to do likewise. What a woman Ruth was! A model to every christian today.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:33am On Sep 01, 2011
contd,
"Entreat me not to leave thee." How we ought to tell that to Jesus, our best friend and Head who is closer than a mother. It's a response of love, Lord I want to die and live in Your presence. Anywhere you go is where I go, and I'm not going anywhere without you. I'm not living/lodging anywhere without you.
Many 'christians' are only ready to go to church with Jesus. Jesus is not at work, at home or at play. Jesus' people are not their people. They have their clique that they drink together, or grew up together, or from the same town, tribe, or country, or status.
Ruth built a godly relationship and sustained it, we can. It's called commitment. Our relationship with Christ involves commitment. You can be committed, even if Jesus said "leave me alone and go serve your gods." You have NO EXCUSE.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by wordtalk(m): 7:34am On Sep 01, 2011
Image123:

I'd be referencing 'heavily' from the writing from a respected man of God, Nee To-sheng of Foochow, China.

I love Watchman Nee's ministry.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:35am On Sep 15, 2011
September 15         (John 15:10)

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.

God's love for us is unparalleled. It is incomparable, and not fully describable. It is God's love that keeps us alive. It is God's love that blesses us, and saves us. It is God's love that protects us and provides for us. Have you ever been in love? To love someone, your parent, your child, your brother, your sister, your friend, even your neighbourhood.
   God is in love with us. And not just that, God is Love. There is no true love outside God. It is God that balances, completes and perfects every love equation. It is possible to love today and not to love tomorrow. That's evident in failed marriages around us. It is also possible to love forever, as in the live happily ever after scenario.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:39am On Sep 15, 2011
Our Today's passage presents us with these two possibilities. We love God, and God loves us, but there are conditions that service our love life. The conditions are keeping of God's commandments. There is no love without keeping God's commandments. Again, i'll say it, there is no love without obeying God's commandments! If we want to abide, stay, not wander from God's love, we need to learn His commandments and obey them.
Jesus says that we keep/obey EVEN AS He obeyed/kept. Jesus obeyed God's commandments diligently, perfectly and passionately. He is the epitome of true love. If we say we love God, let us follow Jesus also.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2011
Take my life and let it be,
Consecrated Lord to Thee,
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in CEASELESS praise.
Graham Scroggie of Edinburgh, was one time approached at the close of service by a young woman, a professing christian. He asked "why don't you yield to God?"
"i am afraid i would have to do two things if i did," responded the girl.
"what are they?" questioned the minister.
"i play the piano in a concert hall, and i fear i would have to give it up. The other is i am afraid God would send me to china as a missionary".
Scroggie was wise in his dealings with the anxious. Opening to Acts 10v14, he explained to the young woman the absurdity of Peter's answer. A slave never dictates. And to say, "Not so," and then add the word "Lord" is impossible.
"Now," said Dr. Scroggie, "I want you to cross out the two words 'Not so' and leave the word 'Lord'; or else cross out 'Lord' and leave 'not so'."
Handing her his pencil he walked away. Later he returned. Looking over her shoulder he saw a tear-stained page, but the words "Not so" were crossed out. With A GLAD LIGHT in her eyes she left the church and went home repeating over and over the word "Lord." No longer would she dictate. She was now His disciple and He her Lord and Master. Henceforth it would be, "Even so, Father," and, "Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?"
Oswald J. Smith.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 11:46pm On Nov 02, 2011
Even Jesus Christ gave to dogs, yet He was discerning.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 9:10am On Nov 03, 2011
November 3 Psalm 3v6,7

6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. 7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 7:45am On Nov 04, 2011
Image123:

November 3 Psalm 3v6,7

6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. 7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
Strong faith comes from a trust and knowledge in God. Anyone in Christ should desire a knowledge in God. There are so many 'knowledges of God'. There's the one learnt from school, the one from this denomination and that T.V station, the one from internet, and the one we read of. Even some atheists have some knowledge of God. But what we need is a knowledge of God that is IN God.
It's the kind of knowledge that garrisons your heart. It supercedes knowing some Bible passages in the head or through concordance, centre reference and Bible study. It is knowledge in God that produces super faith. Knowledge in God is produced by experiencing God in a personal bible-based relationship. This is what David had, that made him to say things that are out of this world and the devil's. "I WILL NOT be afraid of ten thousands of people" against me, round about! Many of us are afraid of one old man far away in the village, or some people in our neighbourhood and workplaces.
David's spirit and speech of faith was prayer bourne. It was a prayer of faith(seeing those things which be not as though they were) of a righteous man.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2011
It was a prayer founded on God, His ability, and faithfulness. You too can have super faith. Actually, we have the same spirit of faith. But are we praying the same way, or living righteously, with a love, heart and thirst for God? If you have super faith, everything is possible today!
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 2:32am On Jan 01, 2012
January 1 2Peter 1v2

2Pet 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Happy happy new year to you. Can you believe it, some people saw yesterday and did not see today? Well, I pray that you have many returns if Jesus tarries.
As it's popular in Christian settings, we say that it is by the Grace if God that you are still alive. If that's true, then how much more we need grace everyday. It's something we should be praying for, like the apostle Paul prayed for the grace of our lord Jesus Christ and the love of God for the corinthian believers.
We should not take grace for granted as it is a quality that can increase and can decrease in one's life. In other words, grace can finish in your life,and grace can be multiplied as shown in today's passage.
To live in this new year abundantly, we also need peace. What is the use of a graceless peace, or a peaceless grace. Grace and peace should flow together, that is what balances life's equation. As we look at the nation and the world around us, no doubt, there should arise a desire for the multiplication of peace. The government, the police, even the UNO, seem perplexed on peace solutions.But Today's passage gives a priceless gem. It is that grace and PEACE can be multiplied by the knowledge of God, and of Jesus. Knowing Jesus increases peace, He is the prince of peace. An increase in the knowledge of God results in an increase in peace, God is the God of peace.
Do you wonder that as the world seeks to know less of God, and to have less to do with God, there is a corresponding and continuous decrease in world peace? Wonder no more. You need peace in your life this year, an increase of peace. A multiplication of peace for you and your family, go for a conscious increase in the knowledge of God. Know God more. This year, add to your faith. Make a purposes effort to grow spiritually. Peace be unto you.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
January 2        Titus2v14

Who gave himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

God is a giver. God the Son i.e Jesus Christ Himself is also a giver as our text shows. It is a godly thing to give. Many supposedly 'godly' people spend a lot of time, reasoning and energy debating on how to give and if to give. What God is more interested in is not our talk, but the action of giving. By the way, we ought to learn to give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar, and give what belongs to God to God. We don't give what is holy or set apart to dogs. We should discern what we ought to give to dogs. You know, even Jesus gave to dogs but He was discerning.
   Many today reason that all that's important is giving, not minding the purpose. We should learn that there is giving for charity, there's giving to family, there's giving to fellowship. These three are different and separate. There are other forms and types of giving. Jesus gave Himself for us, humanity. His purpose was to redeem us from all iniquity. Now, God has highly exalted Him, and has made many followers of Him. Today, we claim to be products of this seed, the seed of Christ giving Himself for us.
But the searchlight is this, have you been redeemed from all iniquity? When you give, it will be given unto you. When Christ gave, it's expected that you also give your life unto Him. IF you've totally given/surrendered/laid down your life for/to Him, then you can truly experience redemption from all iniquity. IF you've not totally given to Him, it's unfortunate you'll continue to fumble in the POSITION of redemption from iniquity instead of the EXPERIENCE. Have you given to Jesus? Givers do not lack.
Re: Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). by Image123(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
January 3 Proverbs 3v3,4

3. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart.
4. So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

Christians are pictured as the bride of Christ, in the which, the bridegroom and the bride are one. Each is not doing his/her own thing, but they are united as One. Christians are pictured even more closely, as the very body of Christ. Christ and christians should be so into one another that they become the same body, working together with Christ and with one another. Christianity is fellowship, we do not forsake the fellowship/assembling of ourselves.
How romantic we often find it for a husband to do the wife's chores, and the wife to do the husband's chores as they help one another. Unfortunately, some christians do not do this romance with Christ. They say "It's His work." Do not allow mercy and truth forsake you, that's God's work, isn't it? But we are told, bind them about your neck. Don't be passive and say "Well He'll have mercy on who He'll have mercy." Stir Him up, as it were, tie them on you.
Write them upon the table of your heart. What? Only God can do that? Yes only God can do that. But you get to that 'level' where you're like Jacob saying "i'm not letting You go, unless You bless me". I'm going to write this thing on my heart, even though i don't know alphabets. And you know what, God does not disappoint, He'll come to your aid, He'll be by your side. He'll hold your hands. He'll place those jewels on you, He'll write them beautifully on your heart. Yes, He is that romantic. You will find favour and good understanding both before God and before others. Don't give room to fate/fatalism. Have faith, a faith that gets up to work. Christianity is teamwork.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Bishop T.D Jakes And Wife, Serita, Recreate Their 23-Year-Old Picture / Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / What Would Jesus Do In This Case?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 203
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.