Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano (13644 Views)

PDP Gov. Candidate Umar Nasko Conceeds Defeat, Congratulates Bello, The Winner / REVEALED: The Men and Woman Who Convinced Jonathan To Concede Defeat. / Jonathan Will Concede Defeat If He Loses - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
The Senator representing Anambra Central, Chris Ngige has congratulated Governor, Willie Obiano for his victory at the Supreme Court on Monday, but described it as a ‘verdict of humans’.

Ngige in a statement on Tuesday in Awka, which was made available to reporters, requested all the people of Anambra state to support Obiano to succeed in the state.

He however commended his supporters for their resilience, massive unrelenting support, which had always been there for him in all his electoral engagements and duels in the state.

Obiano floored Ngige and Comrade Tony Nwoye on Monday at the Supreme Court following the 2013 governorship election in the state.

According to the statement, signed by Ngige yesterday, “This Supreme Court judgment and other judgments of the various lower courts that upheld an election which the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had admitted fell below expectations for me is a verdict of humans”.

“The judgment of the good people of Anambra has been long delivered to me since the day voters from Idemili North, Idemili South, Awka South, Ogbaru local governments (Okpoko) and my other strong holds were disenfranchised on that fateful November 16, 2013”

“We all as mortals will now wait for the Most Supreme and eternal judgment of the Almighty God on this same matter at His appointed time. God is great and wonderful”

“However, having been declared the “legal winner” of that election, I hereby congratulate Mr. Willie Obiano and wish him well in his new assignment. I also use this medium to request all Anambra people irrespective of political party or religious affiliations, to cooperate with him in the discharge of the onerous functions of his office”

“As for my numerous supporters across the state, we have all fought a good fight and the future holds out a better tomorrow than yesterday”.

“I therefore wish to thank them for their resilience, massive and unrelenting support, which has always been there for me in all my electoral engagements and duels in our state” the Senator stated.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/ngige-congratulates-obiano/

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by opportunist: 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ftc tins. Thinking of wat 2 comment.....I give up.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
Thank God he has finally disassociated himself from the do or die affair of APC

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by gregg2: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ngige got deceived by the APC sponsored media propaganda in how the election was rigged. I feel sorry for him. Why waste so much resources prosecuting a lost case.

9 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
The concession is months late

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by akumada1: 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ngige could have win if he contest under another platform outside apc

8 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by nigerianvenom(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku: Thank God he has finally disassociated himself from the do or die affair of APC

he should go and die.why didnt he conceded defeat after the election? it is on record that ngige has never won any election without rigging.

that was how he rigged out peter obi untill the court of law restored obi to his position as a governor.
it is also on record that late Dora akunyili defeated ngige but he rigged out dora via INEC.

Well,i'm not suprise cos APC are synonymous with corruption and illegalities

8 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by bestman09(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Rubbish. Why not go to international court of justice in the Hague? Sore loser

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by Blackfire(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
ngige ga ecowas court,si ebe afu ga sambisa. amadioha aburo dragon

8 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
nigerianvenom:

he should go and die.why didnt he conceded defeat after the election? it is on record that ngige has never won any election without rigging.

that was how he rigged out peter obi untill the court of law restored obi to his position as a governor.
it is also on record that late Dora akunyili defeated ngige but he rigged out dora via INEC.

Well,i'm not suprise cos APC are synonymous with corruption and illegalities

I agree with you

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by Blazing99: 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Good politics from Ngige. At least he is still a senator.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ok
Ngige would have entered the 2nd gear easily if he was in power at the moment.
The incumbent is still trying to find his feet. Guess he is still on gear 1 on an auxiliary gear. shocked
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by trigar12(m): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Concedes defeat like an honourable man. Kudos to NGIGE

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by Swagavillage(m): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
na just FP things today o
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by lilprinze: 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
APC IS “nothing but a party full of ill-bred,frustrated and intolerant politicians; bad losers for whom resorting to personalattacks, blackmail and mudslinging, in addition to promoting violence"

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by jmoore(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lawyers just dey chop money.
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by kurt09(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
After thought. Lacked spirit of sportsmanship.
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by akpanikpe(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
And so what?
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by okotv(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
nice one
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by ChimaAdeoye: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ngige is a sour loser, he knew from the day the elections were completed that he lost. But would rather drag it out through the judicial system to see if he could bribe a judge to subvert the people's verdict.

Well the Supreme Court has spoken, let him go and sit down. If you want to be governor by all means, then always side with the masses when they are mistreated even by your friends. He displayed his hypocrisy by siding with the high ans mighty against the poor.

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by CharlieMaria(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by zerubabel93: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
and then?
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
AKPOKUEDIKE!! SPORTMANSHIP IN USE; Kudos to Ngige!

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by musicwriter(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Na Dem Dem!.

Listen on youtube.

On iTunes.
Enjoy your electricity and good roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebwLLyzrr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLDFmJ9K0w
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by darlingtonNYIG(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
akumada1: Ngige could have win if he contest under another platform outside apc
chai see English!! Why not type with your local language instead of murdering it

7 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
trigar12: Concedes defeat like an honourable man. Kudos to NGIGE

this election finished months ago, Obiano is already in office and this case has going through judiciary up to the last bus stop

na now ngige dey claim to concede defeat!

You concede defeat on the day you lost at the polls not months later after you have lost at the courts anyway!

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by simpleseyi: 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
I never knew Ibos hate APC and Yorubas this much. Ngige congratulated the governor, yet Ibos are throwing stones at him just because he contested under APC. Na wah ooo. You hate Yorubas so much, yet you prefer to slave in Yoruba land than rule in your Biafran republic. What an irony. Ibos hate Yorubas. Ibos hate Hausas. Ibos hate Fulanis. Ibos hate Kanuris. Ibos hate Igalas. Ibos hate Tivs. Ibos have Junkuns. Whom do you like? Only Israelites?

5 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by DickDastardly(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
In search of favour to recoup electioneering and legal battle loses.

We moved on long ago so move over cool
Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by martins0: 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Concede ko, proceed ni

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by pontirock(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Very Thoughtful, Some Id.ots Are Still Abusing Him Jst Because He Contested Under Apc, Some Ibos Nd Their Hypocrisy, They Still Can't See Beyond Tribal Lines, Smh... Make I Finish Ma Dinner Before Going To Sleep!

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Ngige Concede Defeat, Congratulates Obiano by dammytosh: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
After Supreme Court ?

No, he should not concede defeat.

He should carry placard with his party members and scream "WE NO GO GREE"

Shameless 'prostitucian' any party na go area

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today! / 2019: Be Vigilant, Don’t Return Nigeria To Egypt – Lai Mohammed / Ganduje: We Need Help, Our Forests Now Accommodate Terrorists, Bandits, Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.