Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:43 PM

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Jealousy Part Of Love? (27562 Views)

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? / Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by WASMOG(m): 5:51am On Sep 24, 2014
I always pretend as if I dont know what's happening
Bcoz wetin I do they inside my mind
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Missmossy(f): 5:52am On Sep 24, 2014
A big No! Except you are insecure and you fear you might lose your lover,then you possess envy in large qualities.

It ruins the relationship in the longrun as it does not even form a minute part of love i must say.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by gbaskiboy: 5:53am On Sep 24, 2014
Moderate jealousy is ok
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by ceospecial(m): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2014
embarassed
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by donodion(m): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2014
Theres nothing wrong in been jealous as long as the emotional reaction doesn't lead to termination of life.
Been jealous as a matter of fact is natural and healthy,despite while in some quarters,jealousy is seen as a weakness.

You cant genuinely love someone and notice strange affection from strangers overshadow yours over a particular individual or situation and not have a tinge of jealousness.Its natural

Even God the creator admitted Hes a jealous God despite been known as. "Love".

For example,no mother on earth would sit back or turn away and just let be when she observes her child seems to be receiving more affection from another woman.The Jealous emotion kicks in automatically.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by englishmart(m): 5:58am On Sep 24, 2014
I think love is a part of jealousy.

Lol
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by drestoneokuta(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2014
I wonder why people tag love as somethin that only occur between a man and a woman, which is not so. It is suppose to be a way of life. 1corinthians 13 1:8
Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, 5 it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints, 6 it isn’t happy with injustice, but it is happy with the truth.

7 Love puts up with all things, trusts in all things, hopes for all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails.
If its not this then it is not love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by datguru: 6:09am On Sep 24, 2014
obayaya: Jealousy is a complex emotion. Jealousy as regards relationships is basically borne out of fear of abandonment.

if you love someone, it's completely normal to be scared of losing that someone.

So, Jealousy is definitely a part of Love.

You deserv a coke for this
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by freecocoa(f): 6:13am On Sep 24, 2014
Jealousy is simply human nature.

The key here is knowing how to control it.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 24, 2014
Even the bible says our God is a jealous God, so i think whem you love someone you would be jealous but too much of it is not so good. Obsession kills
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Toks2008(m): 6:15am On Sep 24, 2014
Teespice: So an argument is going on right now in my room now as regard the question above. personally, I feel a little jealousy is healthy in relationships. what won't be healthy is when it spiralls out of control and leads to obsession.

let's hear different views.

I believe the level of jealousy goes to show the level of love.

Nevertheless we must learn to control it but its very healthy to be jealous,afterall,GOD is a jealous creator and we are made in his likeness.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 24, 2014
YES! Jealousy is part of love!
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by hightempo(m): 6:20am On Sep 24, 2014
Jealousy is mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear
of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or
aims.....it is not part of love but the other end of the pole of love.. As a proffesional psychologists, almost everybody do av it in a proportion but its a kind of emotional and mental disorder when thought is given to it in extreme.....the outcome is not always palatable as it can be traced to many mental and physical pain it eventually leads to when care is not taken. Individual with master mind knows this, and consequently take charge of their mind..whenever u feel an element of jealousy within you, don't dwell on it but rather counter it with affirmation that you wouldn't waste ur latent energy, and take a breath... Take control of ur mind......direct ur thought and control ur emotion. JEALOUSY leads to evil..........it is not good. U can't love and be jealous at the same time.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 24, 2014
We are humans! Jealousy is second nature!..... But that's just one piece of the puzzle. To trully love n be in a relationship, there has to be trust!! So with jealousy and trust on both side of d relationship. U can boast of a smooth sailing one.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by BRAV0O(m): 6:22am On Sep 24, 2014
In fact if you are not the type to ask me who I'm with, why I'm late, who is she and all that ? I won't even take you serious.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 24, 2014
@ Teespice, i think it's a yes. For those of us who are christians if our God can be jealous towards us who are we humans not to feel the same emotion towards those we love?
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by festusfeezy(m): 6:26am On Sep 24, 2014
Yes it is oo, and that's why she is crazy over me
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by coolvitus(m): 6:27am On Sep 24, 2014
Yes oh that what I feel becoz love without jealous is not a true one.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by texbaba1: 6:27am On Sep 24, 2014
ochon: Personally, I can't date or marry any girl that doesn't have a tinge of jealousy for me, and vice versa.

Small jealousy or moderate jealousy is needed, it shows one cares about his or her significant partner. Jealousy is man's nature, so it's nothing to be ashamed of.

However excessive or over-the-top jealousy, is a no-no for me. It kills my love for a girl faster than a marksman bullet to his target. When a girl gets overtly jealous over little things, or even ask I cut off my female friends that have been there before she came, without any CREDIBLE reason(s), then I'll have to find my way out of that relationship. Most times, it leads to headaches from the nagging partner.

But one partner should try his or her best toe open about his or her dealings with opposite genders, to reduce his or her partner getting jealous. Don't give him or her reasons to get overtly jealous.

Normal jealousy - a welcome development

Excessive jealousy - hell to the NO!!

U made sense, clap for yourslf. Order for isiewu nd uku uku, bill it to me!

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by mako007(m): 6:35am On Sep 24, 2014
When you truly love someone and you not getting loved back in the same measure, and again you're not assured of the relationship, it's normal to be jealous. You love someone the thought of losing him/her is so strong then it's normal to be jealous. I think it's healthy to be jealous, it makes one value his/her spouse.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by lawrenceunaa: 6:42am On Sep 24, 2014
A bit of it is necessary but be excessively jealous poses insecurity on ur own part undecided
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Pdizzle(m): 6:46am On Sep 24, 2014
SpcAgtOko: Even God was jealous wink

2 Likes

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by xynerise: 6:47am On Sep 24, 2014
And why would she make me jealous in the first place, to know if I love her?
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Sarimah(f): 6:48am On Sep 24, 2014
Jealousy is not too bad, it only becoms bad wen its too much nd can't be controlled
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 24, 2014
What will make someone uncontrollably jealous
Sarimah: Jealousy is not too bad, it only becoms bad wen its too much nd can't be controlled
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Missyetty(f): 6:53am On Sep 24, 2014
There is notin bad dia if u get jealous, buh wen it get too much it shows u realy dn't trust ur patner....it is normal for human being to get jealous
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by adonbilivit: 6:54am On Sep 24, 2014
ochilikoko: You are wrong....Jealousy is totally part of love though,if well contained.
i repeat, jealousy is for the weak. love or no love
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Aidy97(f): 6:59am On Sep 24, 2014
cool
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Ivanspring(f): 7:01am On Sep 24, 2014
A healthy dose of jealousy is a part of human beings. It is normal and expected in a relationship and it occurs if you trully care about someone.

Jealousy is that emotion that makes a person fight for love in the case of two rivals.

Jealousy is when you can't bear the thought of another person having any form of intimacy with your partner.

Jealousy is that emotion that allows you to get hurt when you feel your partner is cheating on you.

Jealousy makes you put in your best in your relationship so that your partner sees no one but you.

Its not about being insecure. I may be secure in a man's love for me but he is human and humans have weaknesses. If as a result of this weakness he cheats on me, or just looks at another woman with desire in his eyes, i will be hurt. I will be hurt because i love and care about him. That feeling of 'hurt' stems from jealousy. But if it doesn't bother me. If i have no qualms about his unfaithfulness whether true of false, then i don't love him. And whatever he does will have no effect on me.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Aidy97(f): 7:01am On Sep 24, 2014
smiley

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 24, 2014
SpcAgtOko: Even God was jealous wink
And the devil too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? / How I Caused Potential Fight Between My Girlfriend And Her Friend / 10 Step To Make A Girl/guy Hate You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.