Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,282 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku (24984 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Fmr Vice President Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by msmon(m): 1:24am On Sep 24, 2014
By Temidayo Akinsuyi
Snr. Correspondent, Lagos

Former Vice President and
presidential aspirant of the All
Progressives Congress (APC), Atiku
Abubakar, has bemoaned the high
level of impunity currently going on in
government circles, especially at the
federal level, saying something
urgent must be done to address the
anomaly.
Speaking in a chat with newsmen in
Lagos, Abubakar particularly took a
swipe at Minister of Petroleum
Resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke,
who, Abubakar said, has failed to
honour several invitations by the
National Assembly. He said he would
have fired the minister if he were the
President of the country.
The former vice president also urged
the media to maximise their influence
as the fourth estate of the realm to
check the excesses and impunity in
government circles.
“In my life in this country, I have
never seen the level of impunity go as
high as we have today. Like I said last
night, if I were a president and the
National Assembly summons a
minister for investigation, that
minister will feel reluctant to honour
the invitation, I will fire the minister
because constitutionally, the National
Assembly has the responsibility of
checks and balances.
“In my view, in the United States,
imagine Congress calling one
Secretary of a Department to come, if
he fails to come, they will not even
appropriate money for your
department and there is nothing the
President can do.
“That is not what we see in this
country. And I believe that working
together with the media, both of us
can check that impunity,” he said.

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/09/wouldve-fired-diezani-president-atiku/

3 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by FastShipping: 1:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Atiku was there with Obasanjo and he looted the treasury. I rather have GEJ there than to see Atiku there.

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by martins0: 1:37am On Sep 24, 2014
FastShipping: Atiku was there with Obasanjo and he looted the treasury. I rather have GEJ there than to see Atiku there.

Who evens wants an Atiku for president?

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by nairalife2013(m): 1:45am On Sep 24, 2014
Itz easy atiku dear: fire d president in 2015 first and take his place( I guess u know dis is impossible tho)then come and fire diezani. Or get all culpable evidence against her and send to d president. Gej is a clean stainless man. If u do dis, he for sure will fire her. Just rest atiku dear. Don't work yur self up anymore. D country is in good and better hands. Things will take shape. There is God o! There is also hypertension o! Una were no one rest or assist constructively wid good intentions. Heheheh

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by asala1: 2:06am On Sep 24, 2014
But you are not the president.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by tit(f): 2:59am On Sep 24, 2014
Rilwanu LUkman would have been Oil Minister for life.
When he dies, El Rufai will take over.
These are the best guys that know how to chop the oil money

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by MykLANNY(m): 4:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Na so dem dey talk.. When he was there as d VP i no see any impact him como dere finish con dey tell me story of isrealites.. My people go say sunday we go sweet na from saturday we go know

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by justi4jesu(f): 5:50am On Sep 24, 2014
If you were president, Ehhhh ya its quite unfortunate that you are not, so shut the bleep up biko

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by eleojo23: 5:50am On Sep 24, 2014
An indirect campaign attempt? This won't score any point. Play another card please. This one has been over-used.

15 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by LMAyedun(m): 5:50am On Sep 24, 2014
Everybody would have done same except Mr. Jonathan.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Pointnoire(m): 5:51am On Sep 24, 2014
Ha coming from someone who escaped being fried undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

21 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 24, 2014
Easier said than done.

9 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by edlion57(m): 5:51am On Sep 24, 2014
SHE IS NOT YOUR GF

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Genes1s: 5:52am On Sep 24, 2014
Haha..lol, president?? U cannot even smell it.......! Sai Buhari! tongue

6 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by leonard509(m): 5:52am On Sep 24, 2014
As you no come be presido nko?

Still thanking GOD for giving me admission in two schools ,still hoping for futminna tho

Meanwhile

7 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by xp17(m): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2014
...and put Genevieve

that's so true.

you would have fired Jonathan's mistress and put yours.

23 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Moblord(m): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2014
Impossicant... That's his babe u are talking abt

3 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Ina2k(m): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2014
I dont want Atiku for president

We dont want Atiku for president

They dont want Atiku for president

so u can neva be the president.

36 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 24, 2014
You would have if you were but oga you aren't and you won't be so jst swerve grin

3 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Leetunechi: 5:54am On Sep 24, 2014
msmon: By Temidayo Akinsuyi
Snr. Correspondent, Lagos

Former Vice President and
presidential aspirant of the All
Progressives Congress (APC), Atiku
Abubakar, has bemoaned the high
level of impunity currently going on in
government circles, especially at the
federal level, saying something
urgent must be done to address the
anomaly.
Speaking in a chat with newsmen in
Lagos, Abubakar particularly took a
swipe at Minister of Petroleum
Resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke,
who, Abubakar said, has failed to
honour several invitations by the
National Assembly. He said he would
have fired the minister if he were the
President of the country.
The former vice president also urged
the media to maximise their influence
as the fourth estate of the realm to
check the excesses and impunity in
government circles.
“In my life in this country, I have
never seen the level of impunity go as
high as we have today. Like I said last
night, if I were a president and the
National Assembly summons a
minister for investigation, that
minister will feel reluctant to honour
the invitation, I will fire the minister
because constitutionally, the National
Assembly has the responsibility of
checks and balances.
“In my view, in the United States,
imagine Congress calling one
Secretary of a Department to come, if
he fails to come, they will not even
appropriate money for your
department and there is nothing the
President can do.
“That is not what we see in this
country. And I believe that working
together with the media, both of us
can check that impunity,” he said.

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/09/wouldve-fired-diezani-president-atiku/

kkk
Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by englishmart(m): 5:54am On Sep 24, 2014
[size=45pt] Unfortunately wishes are not horses.

Therefore, you are not my president, and can never be. Diezani is bigger than your dreams. [/size]

31 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by lonelydora: 5:54am On Sep 24, 2014
Wetin
Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 24, 2014
Thank God u are not the president and u will never be the president

go and fired ur wife at home

15 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by 2cato: 5:55am On Sep 24, 2014
That was how obj fired you when you were caught stealing from the BPE.

17 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by codemaster2much: 5:55am On Sep 24, 2014
Not fair
Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by alentyno: 5:55am On Sep 24, 2014
Leetunechi:

kkk
U had to quote the whole piece just to write that?

10 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by simplyOJ(m): 5:55am On Sep 24, 2014
Well! Well!! very easy to say. How easy to profer all solutions when we are not saddled with the responsibity yet, but when face to face with the challenges, we begin to sing a different song. Ask Capt. Ruben Abati.

1 Like

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by freshness2020: 5:56am On Sep 24, 2014
Story for the gods!
♈όϋ would even do the worst!

1 Like

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by Ovialekhe(f): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2014
See Atiku talking of impunity. Your anticedent with Obasanjo readily comes to mind.rubbish

12 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by ZUBY77(m): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2014
Well Atiku said the truth. The problem here is that he is not clean either.

9 Likes

Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by simplyOJ(m): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2014
Well! Well!! very easy to say. How easy to profer all solutions when we are not saddled with the responsibity yet, but when face to face with the challenges, we begin to sing a different song. Ask Capt. Ruben Abati.

Wishing Atiku all the best in his Presidential move.
Re: I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku by alaladakosta(f): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2014
Even me too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Proud Of Senator Dino Melaye - APC, Kogi Newspaper Advert / Lagos Pipeline Explosion: MURIC Reacts / DSS Steps Up Investigation Of Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.