Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now (720 Views)

The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! / The Scariest Wedding Photo Ever! / LADIES AND GENTS: THE UGLIEST AND THE SCARIEST! PLEASE Y'ALL CHECK THESE OUT! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by Giftedgreen: 7:25am On Sep 24, 2014
Nigerians have a long lasting relationship with fear. From killer beans to people turning into yams to Madam Koiskois to Bush babies and a lot more that cannot be accounted for.

Not that fear is a bad thing. It is good to be brave and audacious but sometimes fear is the one thing will keep you alive. After all we stand in the compound of a coward to point out the ruins of a brave man.

This is our list of the scariest thing in Nigeria right now. You can add your entry in the comment section below

9. 2015 Election

This is perceived to be the mother of all elections in Nigeria. It is to be the epicenter of any distress that is predicted to occur in the year 2015. This is not farfetched from the truth considering the fact that almost every perturbing event in Nigeria is somehow related to the upcoming 2015 Election.

To add salt to injury, there are factions that are already vowing to rain down fire and brimstones if their preferred candidate does not win the upcoming election. Political office holders are more concerned about the upcoming election than the welfare of its subjects.

Lest we forget, the CIA also predicted that Nigeria will cease to exist as a country in the year 2015.What does that even mean? You could interpret that in more than one hundred ways and none of them will look pretty.

8. Village Witches

Nigerians are very religious. A country made up of predominantly Christians, Muslims and a few traditional idol worshipers. And in recent times we are starting to have a growing number of atheists.

Notwithstanding your beliefs or affiliation, no one wants to mess with the witches in the village. If you’ve stayed in Nigeria for up to a year, you would come to see some f**ked up sh*t that can only be attributed to be the handiwork of your village withes and wizards.

Trust us, you do not want to get on the bad side of them witches. They really don’t care if you acknowledge their existence or not. Neither do they care if you serve a higher God; that has never stopped them from trying to ruin your life.

7. Police

By default the first reaction a Nigerian experiences when a sees a Policeman is fear. In other societies, when you see a policeman, you feel safer.

Policemen make Nigerians uncomfortable, we really don’t know if it because of the extra-judicial killings (or as it is popularly know “accidental discharge”), unprovoked arrest, bribery, or their truth seeking baton.

6. Unidentified Bag

When you come across an unidentified bag, anywhere it is safer to move away as fast as you can from such an object except if being blown to pieces sounds like a welcoming idea to you.

You have been adequately warned.

5. HIV/AIDS

HIV/AIDS has killed millions people in Nigeria and many more are infected with HIV/AIDS right now. Considering the fact that there still no cure for HIV/AIDs it would be in everybody’s best interest to be educated about this disease.

If HIV can be managed and an individual can live a long and fulfilling life with the virus, then why are we scared of this disease?

Up to 81% of Nigerians (we just made up that figure) are more scared of the stigma associated with HIV/AIDs than the disease itself.

We are more worried about how we are going to die than what people will say about how we died. That is very reasonable.

4. Army

Nigeria has been ruled by the military for a while and we have experienced what the military can do, we do not need a hearsay version.

As the popular saying goes “When an army officer slaps you; you will remember that the police is your friend”

3. Ombatse

What would you expect when a community kills over 55 police officers and 10 operatives of the Directorate of State Security? We have a couple of suggestions. The community would be the next location for the preview of World War III or a magical transformation of such a community to the stone age. . . considering the Police are, well, the Police. No one should forget Katsina ala and Udi so soon.

Well, Ombatse killed a lot of policemen and operatives of the DSS who happened to be armed with assault rifles and a mean attitude. They did this while they were armed cutlasses; yes you read that right, cutlasses.

If na you, you no go fear?

2. Boko Haram

Nothing to say here. Seriously. Nothing

1. Ebola Virus

The Ebola Virus is a recent but formidable entry to the list. A virus with no cure, kills within days and can be easily contracted. Ebola is the number one item on the list even though it has killed about 8 people in Nigeria. The lowest figure on the list

Ebola has caused schools to shut down, public scare on numerous occasions, a more attentive approach to hygiene and a lot more.

Ebola kills you in one of the scariest ways known to Nigerians; fever, vomiting, diarrhea, generalized pain or malaise, and sometimes internal and external bleeding (which is a cute way to say you have blood coming out of every orifice on your body)

Death itself comes from various complications, including seizures, organ failure, and low blood pressure.

What else do you think Nigerians are scared of? Let us know in the comment section

- See more at: http://giftedgreen.com/2014/blog/2014/09/24/9-scariest-things-in-nigeria-right-now/#sthash.ieqcDA71.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by suckerpunch: 7:26am On Sep 24, 2014
*space booked* early to comment
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by MykLANNY(m): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2014
Well thats for you. For me none of those scares me.. Me wat scares me is knowing Nigeria's sin don pass sodom and gomorah
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2014
MykLANNY: Well thats for you. For me none of those scares me.. Me wat scares me is knowing Nigeria's sin don pass sodom and gomorah

So....you are trying yo tell me now that You're not scared of the Nigerian Army.... wait....even the police?!!... is that what You're saying?...... has police ever embarrassed you before in the name of stop and search?!

Op...you forgot to add Gunshot!!... lol...you Don see where tire bust everybody take off?!! grin
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by darlingnuel(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2014
Every nation has her own fair share of nagging ugly issues. Same goes to every human on the surface of the earth. You might think yours is the worst, until you are privy to what a neighbour has been enduring. Count your rainbows not your thunderstorms!
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by bolaino(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmm, This has Front page potential.
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by hertz9te(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2014
Booked
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by Tapout(m): 9:28am On Sep 24, 2014
but we don't have any recent case of ebola..
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by chinex276(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2014
2015 should top dat list, followed by ebola nd d BOKO BOIZ.
The police no be everywea or everybody ooo... Coz i knw of 1 area boy 4 my area wey police dey pay royalty to him every month.

Nd u 4got 2 add MIKEL slOwBI every nigerian manager is afraid of him so also are nigerians, coz any nigerian dat become d s.eagles manager 2day will be afraid of dat dude.
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by chinex276(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2014
hertz9te: Booked
booking since 1913, na flight Smh
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by jacabi(m): 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
Re: 9 Scariest Things In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hmm, fear is a necessary good. #JustBookingSpace

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / Why Do Ladies Walk Very Slow? / Why Is The Head Boy's Name Always Written Ahead Of The Headgirl's?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.