Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? (1382 Views)

Man Is Raped At Gunpoint By THREE Women In South Africa / (photo) Lady Is Raped Two Weeks To Wedding. / Your Fiancee Is Raped 2 Months To Your Wedding And Gets Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by mrmayor(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2006
Guys,

I was reading through another forum when I came across this topic.

My brothers and sisters of EBL, 

I was watching a movie on LIFETIME not too long ago and a married woman was raped in her home by some random man.

She and her husband had been working on having children.

Weeks after she was raped she discovers she's pregnant and the date of conception included the date of her rape.

If put in this same situation what would you do?

Brothers: Would you want your wife to abort the baby in fear that it's possibly not yours?

Sisters: How do you go about telling your husband your pregnant and it could possibly be for the man that raped you? Regardless of your decision to keep the baby or not, what would you want to do? Would you keep the baby, because its your child and it could possibly be the baby you and your husband wanted? Or do you abort it in fear that it would be the child of your aggressor?

No fighting this time please!

If you refer to someones comment, do just that REFER
No attacking others opinions as idiotic as it may be.

If you do not agree that is OKAY!
We can agree to disagree
Aint nothing wrong with that.

Source    http://www.ebonylove.net/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14465
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by eveseh(f): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2006
awww am so so so so srry about that

damn am so srry cry cry cry cry
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by mrmayor(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2006
I want to hear from the Ladies.
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by mrmayor(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2006
Nairalanders,

sorry double post
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by eveseh(f): 11:37am On Jul 29, 2006
aww so bad and disgusting
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by mrmayor(m): 11:45am On Jul 29, 2006
Evesef,

What would you do?If you having looking for a child for years,I have a friend who has being married over 13years and yet no children.She has tried everything from praying to IVF still nothing.
I wonder what she would do in such a situation,I don't know what I would do.Its bad enough knowing that your wife was raped and there was nothing you could do.
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by Damsal(f): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2006
(I'm not going to reply this on a personal basis because i don't pray for such) but Keeping the baby is not an option it is a definite do, miracules come in alll shapes and sizes, few weeks back i read a story about a woman who kept the baby after she was raped, the kid is now ten and such a darling, the woman feels no reget for keeping the baby. just tell the husband and make him aware of the situation, it was not done with your consent and so you did not commit adultery. It was a situation of circumstances.
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by iice(f): 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2006
Chaiii, this is not an easy situation. Truthfully i dont knw what i will do. Hmmmm u 4got 2 ask the guys what they will feel if their wives were raped. Sure many will say that they will be okay with it coz it wasnt her fault. . . Hmmm is there no niggling thought about the situation? Ladies, do u not think that the man will be having those thoughts? Dunno i was just wondering thats all
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by eveseh(f): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2006
mrmayor:

Evesef,

What would you do?If you having looking for a child for years,I have a friend who has being married over 13years and yet no children.She has tried everything from praying to IVF still nothing.
I wonder what she would do in such a situation,I don't know what I would do.Its bad enough knowing that your wife was raped and there was nothing you could do.

lol it's seh not sef cheesy grin

.well i will wait for god's time
i will just wait untill god's ready for me
that's what i will do
and if my husband's ready to wait too
cos some man dey dont wanna wait
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by DaHitler(m): 3:28am On Jul 30, 2006
Abort it. I barely want a child as is, talkless of a bastard child.

The only reason I will keep it, is if she really wanted it. And in which case, I won't get a blood test done. Not like it makes any difference because there is a lot more to being a father than blood.
Re: What To Do If Your Wife Is Raped? by dollypee1(f): 3:54am On Jul 30, 2006
bastard child? didnt no pple still use d word for kids in a situatn like this.i pray i dont find myself in a situatn like dis but if i do and im d wife,well i wont tell my husband that i was raped if he doesnt no and im not gonna abort d baby part 4rm d fact dat its against my religion,ive been wanting 2 have a baby 4 d past 15 yrs,what else do u want me 2 do,abort it? hell no!!!!!!!!!. nothin wrong with having kids like dat,if u bring dem up in d way of d lord,they bahave better than d every day regular kids.

Property War: Children Buries Mom Alive! / How Nollywood Star Raped Me, By Victim / Slap By Pastor Or Violiation By Ex-governor: Which Is Better