Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please (4984 Views)

To The Guys....... How To Fight Male bosoms..(GYNECOMASTIA) / Baby With 2 Heads Survives Risky Surgery In Afghanistan (PHOTOS) / Gynecomastia Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by Kindeed(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
Please any one to help... .. .. I need informations about gynecomastia surgery.. Whether they do it here in Nigeria and cost....... Thanks...... Can't wait [color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by trendphemmy(m): 2:34am On Sep 26, 2014
many people have gynaecomastia but few really need surgery. it could be cause by many things from ageing, puberty, malnutrition, liver disease, kidney disease, tumours of the testis and bronchi, drugs e.t.c. even some chromosomal abnormalities like klinefelter's syndrome and sometimes obesity could mimic it. so I advise u find d cause before excising what is not necessary cos if u take care of the underlying cause it will be corrected
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by PapiWata: 5:15am On Sep 26, 2014
trendphemmy: many people have gynaecomastia but few really need surgery. it could be cause by many things from ageing, puberty, malnutrition, liver disease, kidney disease, tumours of the testis and bronchi, drugs e.t.c. even some chromosomal abnormalities like klinefelter's syndrome and sometimes obesity could mimic it. so I advise u find d cause before excising what is not necessary cos if u take care of the underlying cause it will be corrected

Once an adult male is over say 20 years old, gynaecomastia, REGARDLESS of its medical cause, can ONLY be removed surgically. Any other "curative" idea tried will have ZERO effect, UNTIL surgery is performed by a QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED cosmetic surgeon.

Rather than expound on the possible reasons why some men are burdened with such unwanted lumps of chest fat, an internet link to a doctor in Nigeria who specializes in cosmetic or reconstructive surgery would have been more useful information to the OP.

2 Likes

Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by trendphemmy(m): 5:24am On Sep 26, 2014
PapiWata:

Once an adult male is over say 20 years old, gynaecomastia, REGARDLESS of its medical cause, can ONLY be removed surgically. Any other "curative" idea tried will have ZERO effect, UNTIL surgery is performed by a QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED cosmetic surgeon.

Rather than expound on the possible reasons why some men are burdened with such unwanted lumps of chest fat, an internet link to a doctor in Nigeria who specializes in cosmetic or reconstructive surgery would have been more useful information to the OP.
u may be right but d one caused by drugs require surgery? testicular tumours? it is advisable for him to meet a surgeon on it yes but saying it all has to be excised is far fetch for me
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by PapiWata: 6:15am On Sep 26, 2014
trendphemmy: u may be right but d one caused by drugs require surgery? testicular tumours? it is advisable for him to meet a surgeon on it yes but saying it all has to be excised is far fetch for me

I see no mention of "testicular tumors", but anyway I agree with you that very great care must be exercised before opting for surgery in all cases.
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by Kindeed(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2014
trendphemmy: many people have gynaecomastia but few really need surgery. it could be cause by many things from ageing, puberty, malnutrition, liver disease, kidney disease, tumours of the testis and bronchi, drugs e.t.c. even some chromosomal abnormalities like klinefelter's syndrome and sometimes obesity could mimic it. so I advise u find d cause before excising what is not necessary cos if u take care of the underlying cause it will be corrected
Thanks for your comment.... Please how may i know the cause of the 'gyno', please can't wait for your comment....
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by trendphemmy(m): 8:37am On Sep 26, 2014
Kindeed: Thanks for your comment.... Please how may i know the cause of the 'gyno', please can't wait for your comment....
go to a REPUTABLE hospital for examination. dey will direct you. let us kno d development if u want.
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by expert101(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2014
Hello Op, it's good you brought up this issue. I also have little breast-like form on my chest. Although not much but I would like to remove it, to give me the perfect chest I want. I have gone to two hospitals and I was told that it was either caused by change in the hormone system or prescribed drugs in the past cos as I was growing I Noticed the changes from age 16. The only way and option to remove it is surgery by a qualified expert and from my research and recommendations- I will be settling to do mine in Lagos by year end. Please do not try using drugs as it will not work.It's just a cheap ploy by pharmaceutical companies to sell drugs that are not approved and with risky side effects. Don't be deceived.

So you can also do you own research but I recommend Dr STANLEY OKORO

For more details visit- http://www.abujaplastics.com/our-doctors/dr-stanley-okoro/
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by PapiWata: 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
expert101: Hello Op, it's good you brought up this issue. I also have little breast-like form on my chest. Although not much but I would like to remove it, to give me the perfect chest I want. I have gone to two hospitals and I was told that it was either caused by change in the hormone system or prescribed drugs in the past cos as I was growing cos I Noticed the changes from age 16. The only way and option to remove it is surgery by a qualified expert and from my research and recommendations- I will be settling to do mine in Lagos by year end. Please do not try using drugs as it will not work.It's just a cheap ploy by pharmaceutical companies to sell drugs that are not approved and with risky side effects. Don't be deceived.

For more details visit- http://www.abujaplastics.com/our-doctors/dr-stanley-okoro/

Expert101 I am sure quite a few male readers are looking into the link you have kindly provided here. If I were you I would now demand a commission from that Abuja plastic surgeon per new patient registered, in recognition of your favorable mention in this heavily-visited website forum. Just kidding man. Let us know how it goes. Your experience will benefit hundreds of male readers of this forum who are lurking and learning from this discussion subject. They know who they are ha ha.

Any medical surgeon who specializes in the correction of this particular anomaly would be patronized heavily in Nigeria, since many African men suffer in silence, having exhausted all options SHORT OF surgery, to become resigned to living with an embarrassing condition for life.

Kindeed let us know if the doctor in the above link checks out, and has a good enough track record to merit consideration, and, if you decide to undergo this short procedure, I wish you the very best of outcomes, and a hasty healing process. If it goes well, you will regard the money you spent on the procedure as among the most psychologically beneficial expenditures you have ever made.
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by expert101(m): 3:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ok, I will still do more personal research about the Doctor's Competence. I actually saw him been interviewed on Ebony LiveTV and decided to check out his website; He was trained and based in United States but visits Nigeria regularly.

1 Like

Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by Kindeed(m): 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
expert101: Ok, I will still do more personal research about the Doctor's Competence. I actually saw him been interviewed on Ebony LiveTV and decided to check out his website; He was trained and based in United States but visits Nigeria regularly.
bro holla at me as the thing dey go
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by technokid(m): 5:38am On Feb 25, 2015
Bro, how far did you do yours successfully, how did it go cos I would love to remove mine also, I have had it for20years now, it could be so embrassing
expert101:
Ok, I will still do more personal research about the Doctor's Competence. I actually saw him been interviewed on Ebony LiveTV and decided to check out his website; He was trained and based in United States but visits Nigeria regularly.
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this link. Its been 3 years! Wow! Where have i been?
Pls, how did the surgery go? Any complications? Pls respond as soon as you can
expert101:
Hello Op, it's good you brought up this issue. I also have little breast-like form on my chest. Although not much but I would like to remove it, to give me the perfect chest I want. I have gone to two hospitals and I was told that it was either caused by change in the hormone system or prescribed drugs in the past cos as I was growing I Noticed the changes from age 16. The only way and option to remove it is surgery by a qualified expert and from my research and recommendations- I will be settling to do mine in Lagos by year end. Please do not try using drugs as it will not work.It's just a cheap ploy by pharmaceutical companies to sell drugs that are not approved and with risky side effects. Don't be deceived.

Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by koppa(m): 12:58am On Nov 22, 2017
OP, any solution yet
Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by goodgirl247: 3:01am On Jul 08, 2018
Have you used drugs before? Did it not work??

expert101:

Re: Gynecomastia Surgery....... In Nigeria any idea please by Jimi23(m): 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2018
Load up on a lot of veges and fruits or see an endocrinologist at LUTH or LASUTH. Please be careful with advice from people who ate not in the medical field. See an Endocrinologist ASAP.

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Revamps, Deploys More Ambulances For Emergency Operations / Nigerian Ministry Of Defence Owes House Officers And Interns Salaries For 7 Mont / Menstural Circle Intercourse Is Save And You Can Be Pregnant During That Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.