Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Touch Of Fate - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Touch Of Fate (1755 Views)

My Life,my Fate / The Fate Of Nigerian Writers / The Twist Of Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is my first story Here...
So people abeg criticise with style and put me through...

DISCLAIMER!!:
this is a pure work of quivah,
All rights reserved under Archmicheal and swords copyright convention, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.
Immediate visitatio upon anyone who chose to plagiarize this piece.

However, prior request to copy on blogs is allowed if only there will be no change in names..both writer's and cast.

Thank you!
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
TOUCH OF FATE

"A new delightful piece of Tomi George 's (quivah) interest on a place she calls SCHOOL".

"Tomi George has decided to finally switch ink from songwriting to settle firmly into a hobby of writing stories,mostly fictional with a little touch of reality"

"In this piece, Miss Yemi will be writing on religion,culture and romance all in one piece"

Tomi George.
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
To my Dad who will always believe in me no matter what I do and how I do it..and Mum for being there in full support and prayers.
My friends especially Olamide of Delectable music for helping me redirect my pen unknowingly and others who in one way or the other gave their support and help towards the success of this piece.
This is dedicated to you!

"If there's no way out of that challenge, then there might be no reason to wake up the next day. But do not connect that probability with fate"---- quivah

TOUCH OF FATE
Re: Touch Of Fate by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
Let's go there. cheesy Miss Oluwaquivah smiley
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
PROLOGUE:
[b]
"Na wa o, to dial person number na big job for you abi?
""not to say make you even call the number? your dial call stroke dey bite you or what?!"
"stinginess no get another name for your case o" Posi told her friend Tonia, who laid on the bed,with her legs crossed and her back rested on the wall,she sat on her pillow listening attentively to her friend's complaints.
She wasn't surprised at her friend's outburst, in fact it was long due. She had always expected a time like this,it was not the first neither the fifth.
"in fact I'm surprised o,we've been friends for how many months now and you don't deem it fit to even call person once enh? is...."
screamed Posi who was interrupted suddenly by the accused as if she was just hearing her accusations.

"see, I no know! infact, I know understand. no be only you dey complain this thing o,I just don't feel that urge to call people. That fun isn't there,its more like a task for me to call someone. I don't even think about it!.."
Tonia told her friend who was busy sizing her up with those pair of eyes Deji once said could see people when looking at a map. She thought,obviously Posi isn't buying this. She however continued not minding whatever numerous thoughts that was swimming in her mind's stream.
"But I'm sorry,I'm really trying to change this attitude or habit whatever you think it is! no worry,na my call go begin dey wake you every morning as from now" Tonia concluded smiling as if she knew her friend had bought the excuse.
She reset her position on her mattress as she was feeling some pains on her back, this time she placed the pillow on the wall and rested her back on it,returned her legs back to their position and resumed smiling while staring at her friend, Posi.

Posi however hadn't been moved by her excuse,instead she was baffled if using the word 'stingy' for Tonia's attitude was fair to the word itself. [/b]
"is this the first time this girl has promised to change enh?"
"if that ever happens, then I must anticipate the crowing of dogs afterwards" Tonia thought to herself.

She had even told Jamal about Tonia's attitude towards calling but the dude told her to overlook that shortcoming. Saying bluntly, "it is not worth the sweat".

''Maybe she's just taking it too far and probably reading more meaning to Tonia's negligence outside what it really is.. '' she said to herself.

She had once thought or still thinks Tonia is one of those girls who brag about, proud and wouldn't want to have anything to do with girls below her class.. But then again,Tonia isn't from a rich home,only those born with silver spoons act that way.
''you change? make snow fall for nigeria...tsssw!'' she hissed as she Made her way to the ladies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Touch Of Fate by DJEhimond(m): 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
Following you bumper 2 bumper.
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 6:53am On Sep 26, 2014
[b] CHAPTER ONE

Tonia stays in a self contained apartment, which is a little nearer to her school. Her hostel is a storey building painted in yellow and green,the green colour graced the edges and pillars around the house while the yellow colour covered the other parts of the building. It has "Mardel'' broadly written in green on it. The building contains 16 rooms in total,all self contained. 8 rooms above, 8 rooms below,each was partitioned into 4 rooms each on two sides by a staircase. Her room was the second room to the right when coming in from the front entrance. She would never move upstairs because of the stress of climbing those steps every minutes to get one or two things outside.

Her room just small, like the others due to the little portion that was carved out for the wardrobe. The room is tiny even without the wardrobe but still quite spacious for three people to jump around in, with all the materials ranging from her mattress,to her small book and dvd shelf to the area she placed her 14' television with a portable dvd player resting on it,to her shoe racks,a table and chair, laundry basket among other things. The walls in the room are painted in sky blue,her favourite colour after ash and the carpet contains different colours in their right sections and designs; blue,brown and light yellow . The curtains have both brown and golden colours.
The mattress is only few inches above the floor and is covered in an ash and brown coloured bed-cover with beautiful images of flowers and puppies. Come back to her room next week and you'd see the same cover on her mattress,actually not the exact cover. She had to cut a very long bed cover into two equal sides as it was undoubtedly too long for the mattress. Those two covers are all she got as bed covers.

She would never allow a room mate, she just hate the thought of it not to say a suggestion.
"NEVER!!" she told in between a hiss after Jamal , her best friend had suggested she shared her room with one of the rich Post graduates Ladies,telling her how much she would gain from it. Monetary,in kind, food among others if she behaved herself but Tonia will never hear of it.
" I love my privacy and not even money can buy that" she said plainly to him.

"na wa o, if you get husband nko? una no go share room ?" he asked putting his hand into his pocket to bring out his inhaler. its one of those days he wish he isn't having catarrh. He inserted it into his nostril,took a long breath and inhale enough menthol he believed would keep him for the next few minutes, took another long breath while the inhaler was in his other nostril. And returned it back into his pocket.

"my husband you say? have i ever said i cant share my room with my husband?"
""don't put words in my mouth jere" she added

"no be you say you no fit share your room with anybody ni? he asked almost in anger .
"yes! i said i cant share my room with anybody but is any body my husband? enh?"
" i have shared a room with my cousins,tho i didn't dress nor UnCloth in their presence" she winked at him as she said this.
"I'm just not OK doing such with a stranger or just anybody,not even a friend..e go hard taaarh! " she concluded
"i go kon dey offload and upload my clothes for the person eye?" she said almost in whisper.
"your case na only you if be the judge , i rest!" he told her waving his hands.

"wait ! you said have never called, choo? na only dead person you fit lie against o. " Tonia said trying to read the expression on Posi's face but gave up when she saw nothing. [/b]
"who made Posi my friend by the way" she thought to her self.

1 Like

Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 7:26am On Sep 26, 2014
[b]"you don forget when i call you for chm231 assignment? abi when i asked you to check on Afolabi? infact i fit count four times wey i don call you sef"
"if stranger dey here now ,e go think say i no even dey call at all" Tonia told her friend who was still in the toilet.
She rose up from the bed to pick her phone on the table,went back to her resting position and tried surfing the net. Facebook,twitter and others reading through the updates when Posi came out of the toilet, trying to Fix her belt properly in her trousers.

"i understand you jor" Posi finally said after she successfully placed her belt well, she found a space on the mattress to sit, stretched her long legs on the carpet and sighed.
"i understand it is only when you need help,you know how to call. can you just hear yourself out!" she exclaimed

"you just surprise me sha" Posi heaved
"how can a normal human being not have the urge to call people?its awkward " she said looking at the short or as she would rather want it,petite,dark lass seated at the other end of the mattress with glasses resting perfectly on her little pointed nose.
Tonia is dark in complexion but will argue to the end of the world She's chocolate.
The 18 year old lady with 27 set of white teeth, at her age she ought to be having about 30. but with 14 teeth in the upper jaw, and 13 in the lower made her smiles quite intriguing .
Her incomplete teeth were as if, if more than 27 at her present age,her tiny lips wouldn't cover them all.
Tonia isn't who people will call beautiful but saying she's ugly wouldn't be fair. If placed on a scale of 20 ,it shouldn't be such a task for her to score 14. But Tonia herself will not agree that the score sheet belongs to her. if left to her, she's a little below average . Her lips,hips and pointed nose are the only parts of her body she will always thank God for and oh! her brains but she believes the latter has nothing to do with God. She knows how to use it and hence deserves the praise.

"you are such a sadist,an ungrateful waste product. When will you take yourself for yourself?! enh? when will you accept who you are for goodness sake" Jamal had once shouted at her in anger when she compared herself with a Hollywood character,Frankie in the movie Plastic.

"menh! if i just look and tall like this girl i go happy o" she said aloud not minding those around, its not as if she cares about anybody's opinion . She made it clear to people who paid attention, she's far, very far from being OK with herself especially with her height and she would have nobody take the blame except God. [/b]

"isn't he partial?" she would ask her herself.
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2014
DJEhimond: Following you bumper 2 bumper.
thank you sir.
FrancisTony: Let's go there. cheesy Miss Oluwaquivah smiley
lol oyah na ...

1 Like

Re: Touch Of Fate by smada13(m): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2014
carefully following this page......
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2014
TAGS:

rollytee ( f),
christabeli ( f), Balley( f), Nostradamus,
typompy234 ( f), vickkyruby , waslek( m ),
Ririi( f), Cindydearie ( f), realchik9 ( f),
MissSlimbody ( f), popeshemoo ( m),
Queening , TiffanyJ ( f), Praising200 ,
anasbeaut( f), Flow11 ( f), Paradise163 ( f),
Tedrah, paulolee ( m), wording01 ,
supsybaby( f), Plaitex ( f), damralph ,
lilypet( f), Missyetty ( f), Essyydiamond ( f),
liindyway , Princesschi( f), Fatalveli ( m ),
handie ( m ), Fadamb ( f), TemitopeDaniel
: pricelesslove( f),
waslek( m ), Praising200 , MissSlimbody
( f), Fatalveli ( m )
mcevans1 ( m ), Tiyazman( m ), sanandreas
( m ), lovdoctor ( m), Fhemmmy ,
moneybag100 , Aggrippa ( m ), macof ( m ),
captcochrane ( m ), dedons ,
suarezgerrard( m ), DJEhimond,
FrancisTony, Peterken05 ( m), Rikidony
( m ), jaybossYBNL ( m ), yfo ( m ),
Oluwatola5 ( f), AbuMikey ( m ),
Qudexman ( m ), homesteady ( m ),
esshman ( m ), DesChyko1 ( m),
JameyMaxwell( m ), adetaiwo157 ( m ),
COLAN( f), phabulousannie ( f), dazekid
( m ), Beretta92 ( m), Javanian ,
Bossforeva , GeneralShepherd ( m ),
temple4real ( m ), AKMoney1 ( m ),
Pakingzzz , Forzap( m ), deejayharry1 ( m ),
4peace ( m ), frosbel ( m), winutech ,
topsonkay ( m ), mart2kk ,
Duruewurupraise, Toluk1 ( f),
Mubaraq95 , sportyblinks , OME1 ( m),
1050mu ( m), okpanachil
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2014
[b]
"some guys even girls dey tall reach 6'5,weytin dem Need all that for? if not to prove further how impartial and imperfect God actually is,contrary to what the good book mad her believe"
Yes! Tonia Is short,she barely made 5ft2'. This she never accepted even tho it was glaring to her face the other day she checked her height, standing in front of the mirror everyday Is a enough pain in her bottom but this? It is a pain in the neck!

Olawoye Omotade Tonia: 5ft2' , 18 year old tiny lady,dark in complexion with black full hair almost extending to her forehead and dark eyes like every normal African. A natural dimple forces itself to appear on one of her cheeks anytime she smiles. Small nose,tiny eye balls,ears and lips whose lower part is naturally red. The few spaces between her sparkling white teeth bless her smiles. Left handed and uses black pen mostly owing to her belief that black ink is a more beauty than blue. she has A bottom and Tommy perfectly made for models .
She believes 'calling' is more like a task and a task needs a purpose or reason.
Favourite colour: sky blue and ash , Favourite food: anything cooked or fried with groundnut oil.
Course: chemical enginering
School: Lautech
level: 200l

"OK, I am sorry! I will change" Tonia promised her friend,Posi
"tsssssw" the latter hissed
"if you like" she added, gently hitting Tonia on her leg
"so...?" Tonia asked
"so what?" Posi requested,a little puzzled
"I'm I forgiven?" demanded Tonia but before Posi could reply, She immediately added smiling "its not as if I'm at fault self"
"well,if you are not at fault then there's no reason to be forgiven,is there?" Posi asked
"hmmmm ok you are right"
"case settled then" Tonia added
"anyways to answer your question," Posi said, "you are not forgiven, and you are welcome"
"its my pleasure" Tonia replied her as she quickly got out of the mattress laughing before Posi could hit her.

Posi ignored her and made her way to sit on the chair,looking around for the TV remote.
Aside a pin, the only thing you will take time to look for in Tonia's room is her TV remote. Tonia absentmindedly drops the remote anywhere in the room after using it and when next she needs it, she figuratively turns the room upside down while looking for it.
Posi searched all over the table that was scattered with books looking for the remote, she gave up after few minutes.
She decided to use the buttons on the TV instead.
she tuned the channels severally not finding any program of interest, she made two more strokes when she heard Tonia begging her to leave the current channel, a football match was going on,not a live game actually.
"tsssw! weytin be this? "posi requested
"who wan watch this one?"
"na because of you I dey operate the TV?" she added .
Tonia; "abeg na , na Chelsea and man city dey play o" [/b]
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
smada13: carefully following this page......
thanks brother..
Re: Touch Of Fate by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
...Hmmn... I was called and naw I am following. Tee'Dan.

weldone quivah
Re: Touch Of Fate by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
Beautiful piece, keep it up. Following!
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
Fhemmmy: Beautiful piece, keep it up. Following!
thank you Mr Fhemmy my sir... you will enjoy this.

@temitopedaniel, thanks for checking in and as my boss there,do not hesitate to point out any mistake smiley
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
[b] And so? How does that concerns me?"
"If you see your remote, you can take charge but as it is now, im the control" Posi said
"If na man utd i fit even manage am since them no show better thing but who sabi Chelsea" she added without any interest.

She continued changing the channels and finally gave up,went back to sit months chair while Tonia took over the control changing the channels till she got to TVC where the football match is being shown.

30minutes had gone by already like a blur war of attrition with City dominating the arena and possession while Chelsea responded with a sort of fight back energy, ignited by the introduction of cesc and coasta .
The game continued into the half break with man city at the verge of showing who the master is,this of course was followed with a lot of hisses,complaints,shouts and rage from the lousy project fame lover turned female football fan,Tonia.

"Lampard! where is lampard sef?
"why is Mourinho not using him"
"abi he's playing in the second half ni?" she said aloud
"I don't know what kind of coach benches one of his best player in a hot game like this" she rant on hissing.
Posi busied her self with her phone, football of all the things in the world?! She just couldn't explain the mystery behind it, the love,energy and time people especially men direct to the game is overwhelming which of course can't be directed to many other things!
Posi once thought people,men who watch football are bathroom cases and football is the closest thing to gay indecency. And that it closely parallels the biblical pictures of spiritual struggles and standings, which is why many men chooses football over church on Sunday. Worse still,with the new different and highly accepted definition to the act gambling called football bet.[/b]
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
even Christians don't hesitate to get involve in the act, football is definitely one of the tools the devil is using against the ignorant people of God…
"what do people see in football" she thought aloud.
[b] that great question swims in the mind of many people especially the females. Ask a young man what he sees in football that warrants such attention and one of the two common reasons would be; Football is to men what opera is to women,entertainment!. And the other stronger reason would be; Men watch football to meet deep psychological needs,desires or skills and even to connect with other males.
If men need to connect,then they should use their minds,their striking intellects to discuss other topics, like politics,science or even history!

"I dont know why im supporting them sef" Tonia hissed.......
The short break has ended, and city again applied the force but when Chelsea's keeper Thibaut was called into effect, he answered wonderfully into a thin save from Sergio Aguero from a turn of about 11 yards back.

Costa had been in close range to
City's defence all through with several
hefty physical struggles, so it was no
surprise when the striker was in the
tussle that led to Zabaleta's red card.
"this brought a smile to Tonia face,who was still wondering where lampard is.
"very good! bloody Argentine, one yellow is not enough abi?!" she said grinning.

"man city will wipe Chelsea buttocks o, see as them wan spoil Chelsea career!" exclaimed Posi almost laughing,obviously she knows nothing about the game but seeing the ball possession and City's standing, she declared them the winner.
"yeye! shut up there! what do you know about football' Tonia snorted,her eyes rolled at her friend which was followed by a long hiss that has no bearing.
"I know City will win,with this their agility and that's something" Posi told her
"biko! just watch and keep quiet.. let's see who wins" Tonia said
Posi returned to her phone, "what's my business watching" she said to herself
"Chelsea! why now?! I can play better than this o" Tonia exclaimed
"with what leg?" Posi asked mockingly
"no be mouth dem dey use play o" she added.
She retreated on her sit, resting her neck on the chair's edge after Tonia threw her a hand signalling her lack of interest to the joke.
"I don't know why I'm supporting Chelsea sef" she grunts

The reason behind her watching only Chelsea matches is still unclear to her friends, Jamal and Posi. The time she dedicated to watching football is out of the world but more surprising,is the energy she uses in arguing,supporting Chelsea at the slightest minute which is incalculable. Ask why she supports Chelsea or even watch their football matches, her reason is more mouth-widening than the act itself. For a girl of course!, who needs to ask why a guy supports and defends a team except of course if he's supporting Liverpool or Arsenal. Then,you will be forced to ask,why?!!

She knows why she supports the team and only she knows. Many a time,she fights to hide the reason from herself by soothing herself to believe its just a passion,but no one needs to tell her twice its far from being a passion. Her reason,best known to her!

Schurrle scored for Chelsea and Lampard equalised. Then, she got to know where Lampard had been.. The ended in a draw..

There is still something incongruous about
seeing Lampard in the sky blue of City
rather than the royal blue of Chelsea,
but she was grateful for
that as they took a point.

[/b]
" I need to follow up tightly now" she said to herself
Re: Touch Of Fate by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
quivah:
thank you Mr Fhemmy my sir... you will enjoy this.

@temitopedaniel, thanks for checking in and as my boss there,do not hesitate to point out any mistake smiley

Ok... Ma
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
[b]CHAPTER TWO

"I wish i can be as tall as that girl" Tonia told her closest friend, Jamal while pointing to the direction of the young lady at the far end of the ATM quarter.
"She's beautiful, isn't she" she asked the young man who pretended to pay no attention to her,he knew where she was heading to. He put up a good front by acting as if he is listening to a music through the earphones in his ears.
She however continued in her fuss more like she was not expecting a reply.
"I wonder the number of guys that come to her daily"
"or the number of eyes that trail when she walk by"She added

"I can never marry a short man o,me Tonia?! God forbids.. Salt to injury" she said quickly as if someone just asked if she could marry one .
"Which kind pikin me and a short man wan born? Dwarf? Never!:?" She said hissing
She busied her eyes and mind at the young men in the room both on the queue and those hanging around. Screening them out with looks and height being the criteria. Which height she could manage, love or would never even think of!

"This one is too tall o,how i go stand beside am during a social activity" she thought out loudly looking at a tall,about 6ft5' dark young man who just came and made his way to the second ATM machine which had been abandoned since it wasn't dispensing but fortunately for the young man,he left before the others after successfully carrying out his transaction.

With this,the line was divided into two,each queue for each working ATM.
No student of Lautech will actually wish to go to the banks especially GT bank on Friday but what choice do many of them have?!. Queues on Fridays are as much as thrice longer than the rest of the weekdays', thanks to the coming weekend.
Jamal left the queue since Tonia's turn was still far off,he escorted her to the Bank after much plead. If he knew the queue will be this long or the sun's intensity will this high,he probably wouldn't have made it there.
The sun in Ogbomoso is nothing to write home about, it seems normal to use an umbrella only when it rains but in Ogbomoso, you see more umbrellas when the sun is out than when it rains. The high sun intensity owes to the town's closeness to the north, the more closer to the north,the more hot the weather. On this particular day, the sun was shining in its perfect glory, and the long queue which had extended beyond the small ATM room cover had made his stay quiet unpleasant. Jamal left the queue to stay under a shade, he signalled to Tonia to come over.

If he had know he wouldn't have been all nice. [/b]
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
[b]
If he had known,he wouldn't have been all nice...

"if I'm not giving my kids anything physically at least an appreciable height will do" She said hissing
"And who says a tall man will marry you?" Jamal asked bluntly, almost losing his cool
"And if anyone needs to be praised for your kids height, its definitely your 'tall' husband" he snorted stressing the word 'tall'
"Well, I'm helping them by marrying a tall man after all" she told him
"Wait till a tall man marry you na... " he said jokingly

"Whatever! one day,when I have the chance I will ask God why He didn't create me a tall girl... I mean just few more inches would have been perfect you know? I feel so close to the ground" she said out loud to Jamal
"Instead, ask your parents! Your brothers are tall , who knows the nurse might have mistakenly swapped you as your mother's daughter in the hospital" he said almost laughing out
"you need to have your mind flushed out, the rate at which you are going with this inferiority is quite alarming" he said as a matter of fact
"You try at being funny but your joke is drier than your face, abegi !" She said waving her hand
"and this has nothing to do with inferiority, if are dissatisfied with something..you Loud it and put up an "everything is OK"' face like many other people"

It will soon be her turn,just seven people before her, she sighs knowing this.
"to whom? me and any one who cares to listen?"
""how much has your complaints changed? instead you are getting worse at it"
"I just pray you don't start growing grey hairs before you accept yourself" he said to her
"That's if you get to grow grey hairs sef" he added frankly
"How do you mean? You dey wish me early grave?" She asked him
"and I can't remember asking for your advice or pity" she added
"Well, I'm not! But with the way you are going about this, you might resort to suicide o.. if you don't want my advice, you want what? encouragement? you? that's the last thing you want. Then Don't go about telling people about your misfortune since that's what its seems to you, just keep it to yourself" he said
"I might actually consider that, really! I heard when you die, you reincarnate into another person..maybe i will be better then" she told him trying to make a joke which she obviously failed at.
"thank you! I just needed someone to share my pains with..that's all" she added

"Who knows, you'd reincarnate into a tall beautiful, fair but blind woman, i wouldn't know! Its your life, not as if you care much about it like people around you do anyways.. and there's no pain in being short na, I don't see why people should feel something only you obviously feels"he told her almost shouting.

Jamal:
5ft11' , 21year old,fair in complexion. He's a slender young man with broad shoulders and thin waist. He has a thick nose and lips with long and narrow bold face. He has a body of an athlete ,flat tommy with little pointed belly button. He's not cute, he's handsome!
Loves shoes and favourite colour is black.
Dept: Geology
Level: 200l
School: Lautech.

"Shhh calm down okk?" She said to him
"All I'm pointing at is the imbalance of the world" she added
"Which makes life exactly what it is" Jamal replied her plainly
"Besides of all the levers in the world, you are only bothered about your height?! Na wah o"
he added
"To each his own..if i remember correctly, those were the words" said Tonia looking into the crowd, just three people to go.

[/b]
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
don't just view...drop comments to boast my morale na wink
Re: Touch Of Fate by Komzzy1(f): 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nice story tonia na correct mumu make she dy find tall man until she reach old age
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
[b]
As she looked into the crowd,just 3 more people to go..
"Some worry about their sights,some about their speech,some legs or arms" she added
"Why is nobody complaining about their rants" she asked him
"their case is quite pitiable" he told her sharply
"And...and mine isn't? Being short isn't? "
"Do you know how some people spite us of being diminutive or the case of being underestimated abi one or two opportunities we've lost because of our deficiency,the social discrimination and the constructive insulting nick they tag my type.."portable" damn! she told him
"we even fit in a suitcase without any
inconvenience, and that makes it easier
to be kidnapped. Aside
from failing to reach the top shelf, compensating our height with heels which can be inconvenient,but you know?we gotta belong or visiting kids' boutiques for fitted clothes...or.." She added a joke
"I bet only people like yourself think that way" Jamal cut in

"Or the love....." She meant to continue but immediately stopped herself from further speaking. From her voice, one can tell just, one more word,and she'ld break down crying.
Jamal jumped in not noticing her last incomplete sentence but he was aware of the change of mood: "see! One cant have it all..okk just take things the way they are okk?"
"look yourself beyond your height. it doesn't measure much. you are only making seem so!" he added
She took time before replying probably trying to gather herself together first and she when finally spoke, she made her way to the queue. It was just a person before her.
"But i have none!" She said.

"Please, can you let me use the ATM before you? I just need to change my pin and check my balance" a voice said to her
"I won't take much time" she added softly

The stranger is about 5ft7' tall Tonia thought to herself . Her brown gown wonderfully graced her dark skin. She has long nails painted in red, her hair was piled high on her head and she has a face that looked better without a makeup. She has two earrings on each of her ears which looked as if they had been carefully selected to match her shoes. The stranger gaze shifted as if she caught her in her thoughts.
"Ohh yeah! Sure" Tonia said shifting a little to make way for the stranger.
"But don't take time, have been here for more than 30minutes" she added, the stranger definitely wouldn't have heard her last statement as she hurried to the ATM after the last person using it had left .

Just look at her,tall,beautiful and has got fat in the right places" Tonia thought to herself.
"And I? Have got none!" Still in her thoughts when the young lady had finish using the machine,turning and waving to her from the distance as she made her way to a little shade provided by tree. She wasn't aware of Tonia unresponsive neither was Tonia aware of her greetings.
Tonia was brought back from her long thought-trip when she felt a tap on her shoulder followed by a husk and unpleasant voice: "na your papa get the space you stay so..abeg move"
Tonia turned to the man behind her,striking a rude look at him. His big nose alone was a turn off. She hissed and went to the ATM, She inserted her ATM card and after waiting for few seconds; "out of service,please try again" was written on the screen after the ATM had produced her card. She hissed!
"bad luck"
She waited for the service to be restored, while people on the queue were complaining about what the delay could be which he plainly told them. After a while of waiting, it finally went through. She inserted the card again and input her pin after which she stroked the withdrawal button,
Clicked on the amount she wants to withdraw... and then;
"Ssssh sssssh" the ATM made a sound as it instructed her to take her money....which was being released through the small opening at the lower part of the machine . A thousand naira came out and straight into her purse it went. She turned around to leave the spot and fixated her eyes to the spot she thought she left Jamal. Tonia rolled her eyes around the room in search of Jamal as she climbed down from the stairs.
She made her way out of the ATM room after the search was unsuccessful.
[/b]
"He has probably left... "
"The guy tried sha" she thought to herself.
Re: Touch Of Fate by quivah(f): 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
Komzzy1: Nice story tonia na correct mumu make she dy find tall man until she reach old age
thanks dear... she really has her reasons, don't you think?
Re: Touch Of Fate by Sleek2(f): 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
smiles...nice one dear
Re: Touch Of Fate by Princesschi(f): 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
I'm here and following u all d way.
U are doing a great job, weldone.
Re: Touch Of Fate by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
FBTB

(1) (Reply)

Sex Content/ The Secret 'mature' Guys Hope You Don't Know / importance of sending girls to school / [story] On A Rescue Mission (rated 18+)…part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.