Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month (8841 Views)

3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer / Things Interviewers Say That Confirm You Won't Get An Offer / Exxon Mobil Job For Graduate And Experienced Engineers (second Class Upper) Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Olutola88(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2014
What do you think of a Fresh graduate in Nigeria that has this kind of taste? Let's assume he finished with good grades, has desirable employability skills BUT isn't connected. She hasn't done any special professional course and he isn't a Graduate of Harvard University.

1.Would you say he or she should wake from SLUMBER, would you say he/she has a PREPOSTEROUS taste, Would you say he/she is an OPTIMIST or You'd say You love his/her SPIRIT?

2.How much do you feel should be the least decent salary( take home) a fresh graduate should be asking for(In a City like Lagos)?

I wouldn't want to disclose my take on the subject yet as this might directly or indirectly influence other people's comments.

Let's have your take on this. *patiently waiting for your analysis*

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Mayydayy(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2014
yes nah.some oil companies pay more than that for starters.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by ifaoni(m): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2014
Its possible but u re on a long ting. Buy your cheap datas wt bonus. Check my signature.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Richhommie(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2014
The 250k is ok.
He/she definitely desrves more if. he/she is a harvard grad or wit addittional professional courses

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by ITbomb(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2014
That is why he is called Fresh graduate, after 1 year and still waiting he will understand why I can't argue with him now

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Olutola88(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2014
ITbomb: That is why he is called Fresh graduate, after 1 year and still waiting he will understand why I can't argue with him now
lmao

5 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by dytbabe: 10:42am On Sep 26, 2014
ITbomb: after 1 year and still waiting he will understand why I can't argue with him now

grin grin grin grin
Tell them
We have bn waiting for the past 5yrs
Still waiting
grin grin grin

By the time hunger wires u ehn, u will be begging for a job of 30k
#naija4u

8 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by iamskiigii(m): 10:44am On Sep 26, 2014
80k is not baaaad!

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 26, 2014
iamskiigii: 80k is not baaaad!

Actually around 120k or 150k should be the standard

8 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Cpumping(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2014
Loool. Obviously him never find work for nigeria. We all as fresh graduates had that notion but the 'market' had its agenda. Make him wake up. There r plenty other pple with good qualification as him fighting for the very little '250k and above' jobs. He shd keep an open mind. If he gets the 250k job good, if he doesn't, he cud as well lower his ask.

4 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2014
Its all about how armed you are in the society. The truth was that education was to arm u to face life. I know 3rd class grads who do architectural viualization and per job they collect 1.2m of course they have workstaions ova 5million. I know of a microsoft dynamics xpert who red construction made a 3rd class and he contracts for major telecoms and advertising companies and his take home is well ova 2 million and I mean fresh graduate. it has moved beyond good grades now. Nigeria need xperts and most time these xperts are not readily available. Do u know that video editors who edits most of the videos u see in mtv base collects 400-800k per video. Cos they are very few in the country and u need a powerful computer and skillset that is not readily available. That why the rich gets richer and the poor poorer. Parents should reailze now that its all about giving their children the edge in life there are so many first class out there I have been trying to save to get a good computer buh ma salary is peanuts.

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2014
ITbomb: That is why he is called Fresh graduate, after 1 year and still waiting he will understand why I can't argue with him now
LMAO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2014

Lol.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by deor03(m): 11:35am On Sep 26, 2014
In an much as i beleive that a graduate should not earn less than 100K per month, I think the focus of a fresh graduate should be

1. What value can i add to myself
2. What value can i add to my organization
3. What is my 5 year career road map

A guy earning 30K per month today , with a clear vision of where he/she is going can earn 700k per month in 5 years time, while someone that started with 250k per month can still be on 350K per month in 5 years

Employers pay for value not for your degree, after the 1st 3-5 years of work

Roadmap is key !!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by rman: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2014
It is possible.

Mind you, you have to bring something to the table apart being a fresh graduate. If you have other problem solving skills or know how to use some tools in specialized fields. You will get that straight out of university.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by noordean(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2014
dania30 na everywia i dey c u ds morning,ao u dey?
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by dania30(f): 11:58am On Sep 26, 2014
noordean: dania30 na everywia i dey c u ds morning,ao u dey?
cheesy grin I'm doing great! U?

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by noordean(m): 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
dania30:
cheesy grin I'm doing great! U?
am fine dear. still on ghostmode rit? cos u r nt dat frequent on c'14 thread anymore
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
clears throat... abeg, wetin thou sayeth?
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by valmunich(m): 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
This is just it!!
deor03: In an much as i beleive that a graduate should not earn less than 100K per month, I think the focus of a fresh graduate should be

A guy earning 30K per month today , with a clear vision of where he/she is going can earn 700k per month in 5 years time, while someone that started with 250k per month can still be on 350K per month in 5 years

Roadmap is key !!
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by IAMBREEZY: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
deor03: In an much as i beleive that a graduate should not earn less than 100K per month, I think the focus of a fresh graduate should be

Roadmap is key !!
word!
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nutase: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
You sound like a girl of ages 18 - 20 who said if a guy does not have 6 pack and is not tall, rich and handsome she wont date talkless of marry him when she turns 23 - 25 she will drop d 6 pack and stick with the other options 26 - 28 she further drops the height by the time she is 29 and above she replaces all her options with just one option 'god fearing'.

Shine ya eyes bros, in as much as I believe in having standards DO NOT SET STANDARDS THAT ARE TO RIGID.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
250K isnt bad, but the question is. What did you study ? And what experience do you have to add value to my organization to merit the salary you desire. You must earn it. If your acumen can directly or indirectly generate me 10m a month before tax, profit mark-up, extra-budgetary expenses, I can pay you that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by idu1(m): 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2014

Roadmap is key !!
i dont ve anything to say again.
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by gift01: 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
What is your 250k? 250kobo; there is hope. 250thousand? Your hunger still dey warm up for Warri refinery #childishTALK

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
100 likes from me alone

1 Like

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
That is what Amaka said, now she works in an Organization that pays her 50k.

Guess what?

She is so happy to be paying her bills and feeding.

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by idu1(m): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
gift01: What is your 250k? 250kobo; there is hope. 250thousand? Your hunger still dey warm up for Warri refinery #childishTALK
hehehehehehee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by askakim(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
250k for fresh graduate in naija now?? Na only by the Grace of God even if you av got first class or upper..Even I know a bro that earns 200k as a contract staff in an oil company but he waited 2 years investing in profession exam only and praying alot."Only a real risk test the quality of a belief"....C.S. Lewis.....Our God is still alive..That was the year 2010 oooo ...
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by engrhorla(m): 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Guy, u ar too badttt
Re: I'm A Fresh Graduate And I Won't Take Any Job Offer Below 250K Per Month by Bonapart(m): 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
I wil jst stop assuming

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dvris Palmarian Resources(dpr) / Deloitte Nigeria Job Recruitment (17 Positions) / Ogun State Subeb 2nd Stage Of Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.