Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,908 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? (22387 Views)

Windows 10 Release Date Finally Announced, Will Be Available Globally On July 29 / What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? / 100 Solar Panels Available Now In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Lilaex: 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
LegendarySage: lol. Hun that's when glo and Etisalat 3gig for 1k would have been most beneficial. grin

Lol.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by sixtus8525(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
I have to say this since this is a forum to express future tech. There is this ideal that i have been working on (i mean myself) the engine that work with water. I believe that if i have the means to study more on science i will do more
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by okych16(m): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
tinuolababy:

I can cook better than ur girlfriend wink wink

lol....4 ur ruba mind abi
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
jjwaterfalls: Cars using water as fuel.
what's up
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Ignyte(m): 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
Phone batteries that die only when the owner dies, unpredictable life span
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
PapaNnamdi: a wife material detector
Seriously man. Dat wld really save a lot of men some costly mistakes.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lilaex: I thought by now i would have been able to download food with MB from the internet.

Price
-Big meat(cow) -10mb
-Full chicken -100mb
-Plate of rice -50mb
-Bottle of soft drink -30mb
-1 leather of moi-moi -20mb
E.t.c
Just imagine how do.pe dis Shiii is gone be.

the tecnology is out already, buy a usb enabled microwave at alaba int market and plug it to ur laptop.

2 Likes

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by generalissimo(m): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
tartar9: time travel happens but in one direction(future).if you or any thing with mass travel close to the speed of light,time slows down by about half(einsteins special relativity).
I learnt that too. But I tell u, it is only possible in Eistein's imaginations. The idea is one of many ideas that can never materialize. Dont get me wrong, I'm not myopic, and I've even predicted some of the inventions that we see now. Somehow I just reasoned beyond a mere theory here cos that kind of fast machine, if ever invented, will only take u to wherever u wanna go on earth here faster and nothing more.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by delishpot: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
hologram calls.
very soon we will be chatting with holograms of friends and loved ones. Even using mobile phones. just enter a dark room set up the app and call and then, you and ya buddie chat as if you were standing side by side.

1 Like

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Maximus85(m): 6:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
Teleporting. If I wan go UK, I go just press button and fhwiiiiiew...I don dey Liverpool.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Wyclefniranz(m): 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
tired of charging my cell battery..............need everlasting battery
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by tartar9(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
generalissimo: I learnt that too. But I tell u, it is only possible in Eistein's imaginations. The idea is one of many ideas that can never materialize. Dont get me wrong, I'm not myopic, and I've even predicted some of the inventions that we see now. Somehow I just reasoned beyond a mere theory here cos that kind of fast machine, if ever invented, will only take u to wherever u wanna go on earth here faster and nothing more.
well,you dont tell science what to do,it explains itself.time dilation has been proven experimentally and even occurs in nature.even eistein himself wasnt myopic but made the mistake when he rejected the heseinberg uncertainty,and also when he changed one of his equations by adding a cosmological constant,because it showed the universe was expanding,he assumed it should be static because it sounded unreal or due to his own preconceived opinions.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by EdDave(m): 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
A system that predicts the stock and forex market with pinpoint precision.

Bill Gates will have nothing on me. cool
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
x-ray glasses....to see what peeps look like underneath their clothes cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by selena(f): 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
A device that will do all the house chores
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Sammyblaq(m): 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lilaex: I thought by now i would have been able to download food with MB from the internet.

Price
-Big meat(cow) -10mb
-Full chicken -100mb
-Plate of rice -50mb
E.t.c
omo eh...na 1 bad tech o.
But i dey see am 4 those that wont rapture. Lol!
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Muyiwabiggy(m): 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
OohMpa: A device to detect virginity and number of guys have entered....angry

Would just come close, say hi with the device hidden and brought near the pünny, it'll read and through a bt headset would relay the info:

"WARNING!!!! Ekaette is a virgin and hasn't even been fïngered" - This is jump and pass angry

"WARNING!!!! Ekaette was just entered last night and has been seen by 52 guys" -This ain't a pünny anymore but a hole, another jump and pass.... angry

"Ekaette ain't a virgin and her pünny is as tight as Theresa's own"- Operation cüninlingus smiley

#Sai

This guy is something else
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by wizzyblast(m): 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Uhm... Okay, lemme see.... An android device of maybe 5" with the specs of Samsung note 4, oneplus one, and with some extra features.. Say, nail clipper and all that, for less than 10k.. Lolz... grin
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by FranckJay: 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
A website used to download food from the internet
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by xprimate(m): 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
A machine that can duplicate food as many time as u want.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
zemaye: A device that will stop me from shedding tears when cutting onions

Wrap a WET small-large towel arond your neck in a way that allows it to cover half your chest and the onion particles that causes tears will be pulled to the damp towel and not your eyes.

Disclaimer: may not work due to alot of variables such as room temperature, humidity, length and width of the towel, method of chopping the onions, amount of onions chopped over time etc. No responsibility can be claimed against me for any misfortune this may cause
, including and not limited to flooding your kitchen, slipping and sustaining injury, ruining a good towel etc.

Proceed with caution.

-----cars or generators powered by water------

This has been mentioned a couple of times.

IIRC. This has already (sort of) been done using an element that is part of water (H2o). H - Hydrogen
The problem is that hydrogen is very volatile and explosive, nothing has been designed that will protect the driver and members of the public from the explosion of a hydrogen car if it was involved in an accident.

The hydrogen is extracted from the water which powers the car.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by ebuksama(m): 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
Apatheist: Light Sabers as seen in Star Wars
Hover boards
Jet packs.
jet packs have already being invented but not as efficient as you see it in movies or cartoons

Ordinary skateboard dey break person bone you wan get hoverboard ok naaa

When wicked pple are using gun knife vehicles and other rare things like pillow stone and trying to reduce you want light saber wetin you go take am do
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Phoenixfrank(m): 12:10am On Sep 28, 2014
Cars should be flying by now.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 28, 2014
kennyfao: Blackberry Laptop! Team BB. BB till i D.I.E
Den yu will surely die.And faster too
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by DaBullIT(m): 8:12am On Sep 28, 2014

Price
-Big meat(cow) -10mb
-Full chicken -100mb
-Plate of rice -50mb
E.t.c

Just for food lol hahaha
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by DaBullIT(m): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2014
[size=25pt]I had hoped technology will have medical nanobots that'll be introduced to our bloodstream and covertly fight off HIV,Cancer,Hepatitis , and other Dangerous diseases

Also I had hoped the world would have created an air serum that'll remove extremism / violence from hearts of the people of the world [/size]
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by bimboflame(m): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2014
Teleportation devices existing since 001bc. CC d witches n wizards

PietroRico: Teleportation devices

Transport at speeds faster than that of light to aid easy intergalactic travel

And batteries that would last forever.
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by Vicfus(m): 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Still expecting a laptop with full light on d keyboard
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by cronsberg: 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
1. A true X-ray glasses (to enable you see people n.a.ked.) grin i can remember when it was a big deal back in the day
2. Smellyvision (as in a t.v where you can see, hear, and SMELL things). The cooking channel would have been awesome
3. Cars that run on water. But i heard rumours of a recent breakthrough concerning it shocked shocked
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by metcho: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
Da kind of technologi,dah u Can make a no. Of ursef....incase ure nt available 4 a particular thing or stuff cool[color=#550000][/color]
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by metcho: 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
Yea..ah tink dey re alredi in existence.Bt nt normal sized cars 2 b precise
Re: What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't? by metcho: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
D kind of technologi dar wuld make compelling real#Omg#i wil so compell whoeva,Jus to get wat i want cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Physicist, Stephen Hawkins Is Dead / Easy Way To Unblock Your Sim Card Without Using“puk Code. / American Tech Companies Founded By Immigrants (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.