Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Tone Of Voice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tone Of Voice (501 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tone Of Voice by Joshuadon: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2014

The other day I heard someone being very abrupt to their spouse. The person wasn’t being particularly rude, just abrupt and it felt rather cold. (This was in an airport, so I’m guessing they were feeling tense and in a hurry.)

It made me think about how important it is to couch your words kindly and peaceably. A simple “please” or “thank you” can mean so much. Tone of voice is very important as well. You can communicate a truckload of attitude with voice nuance.

Let’s use our voices to communicate affection and consideration.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 NIV

what ur take on this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tone Of Voice by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
You are right. That is why rhymes are being taught in school.

(1) (Reply)

Question / Parenting: Factor To Consider Before Initiating The Process. / Strictly For School Owners/administrators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.