Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,203 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access (3334 Views)

How To Design A Professional Website Using Dreamweaver / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver / Using *Dreamweaver* (webdesign) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by smartsoft(m): 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2006
Y'ellooooooooooooooooooo guys, see there was a time i was actualling try to lay my hands on Web Development creating dynamic application in Dreamweaver/ASP, but it got to a time, i got stucked somewhere,  now i met a friend of my who use same thing like[b] DREAMWEAVER/PHP/MYSQL [/b] Creating his Dynamic Content on Dreamweaver, after done he uploads,  he says it saves alotta time, 

I have done it ones and it helps but just can't do it prefer coding from scrash,  when you do it makes you more competent on Coding from scrash,  now my question is how many of you guys here does that, 

1. CREATING DYNAMIC PAGES WITH DREAMWEAVER+PHP+MYSQL without coding.
2. CREATING DYNAMIC PAGES WITH DREAMWEAVER+ASP+ACCESS without coding

3. Does it sucks or keep life more easire huh ??
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by xdos(m): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2006
I do use dreamweaver/php/mysql to create dynamic pages and I mean it makes it a lot easier for me. It saves you coding and cracking time.
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by smartsoft(m): 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2006
Does that make ya a real programmer ?
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by xdos(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2006
Driving a-manual-gear car and driving an automatic-gear car
driving an automatic-gear car- Does it make you a driver?

Using Dreamweaver to code your pages doesnt mean you dont know how to programme. It's doesnt mean you are not a programmer. Like there are some dynamic stuffs I'll love to dobut when dreamweaver fails, I'll code. Something that might take you three days or more to achieve, dreamweaver gives it to you within 3hrs.
Dreamweaver saves you much time doing that.
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by IcyAngel: 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2006
Seriously there was a reason the elevator was invented. Tools that help you do your work faster and smarter? not a bad idea to learn to use it. Working hard and working smart 2 different things. These tools can help you work smart this is bearing in mind you have the general idea of how to use the tool.

Point in case coding from scratch is kool but these days you can work faster with tool!.

Icy!
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by my2cents(m): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2006
Always good to use a program that makes your life easier. That notwithstanding, it is always good to know what is happening "underneath the hood".

Case in point: u hv a car and use it rather than go places on foot. U don't care how it takes you there. All u care about is that when u insert the key and turn it, the car starts. One day, you wake up to find out it won't start. If you knew anything about cars, you would immediately pop open the hood (abi bonnet for naija? wink) and c if you could fix it yourself, thus saving you money. The alternative would be to have a mechanic look at it and charge u accordingly. And that assumes the mechanic knows what he/she is doing. The mechanic could also tell u that you have an engine problem costing N50,000, when actually, you could have purchased a new water hose for pennies and fixed the actual problem yourself.

So to reiterate, coding from scratch good; using a tool, better; using a tool to code yet knowing enough about coding from scratch that you can switch b/w the 2 if need be and being able to manipulate any code based on your knowledge of what happens behind the scenes thus not having to ask someone what is going on, best cool
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by Afam(m): 8:31am On Aug 19, 2006
There is no point in re-inventing the wheel so any tool that helps to speed up a process is welcome but that is only part of the story.

The other part is that such web authoring tools will limit what you can do unless you understand the scripting language.

This is what separates the programmer from the "programmer", being able to do automagical things that the regual GUI won't allow you to do.

Ever wonder why a web project would cost over $15,000.00 to set up while a similar web project (but with different functionality) will cost less than $150.00?

Like My2cents noted, who would like to buy a car with a sealed hood?
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by Zahymaka(m): 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2006
I hope I'm not going to step on any toes here.

When you want to do something quickly, using simple techniques, then perhaps Dreamweaver is good. I dropped Dreamweaver ages ago and use it only for designing Wordpress themes because the memory overhead is lower than the tool I use [Zend Studio].

There's a thin line between knowing where to use automatically generated code and where to write your own reusable libraries. For the purposes of this, I'll talk about PHP even though I also use ASP VB, Asp.NET C# and Asp.NET VB.

If for example, you want a more secure session, then it is always advisable to write your own session handler or else PHP might append your session id to all urls depending on the configuration. If you want to separate your data layer from your business logic, and you don't want to use a mighty database abstraction layer like PEAR DB, then it is always advisable to write yours [I've got mine which I use on almost every project].

Dreamweaver has its pros and cons, some of the cons being that it is so easy to write insecure code as well as to write code that won't parse because the syntax highlighting is still faulty [HEREDOC syntax is not recognized and unclosed blocks are not highlighted either].

If the alternatives you have are between Dreameaver and Notepad, then by all means use Dreamweaver. IF on the other hand you can get a tool that focuses specifically on the language you're interested in [e.g. Maguma Studio for PHP, Visual Web Developer for Asp.NET and AspWizard for ASP], then you're sure to get better coding help from the editor.

Well, that's my two cents [apologies to My2cents].
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by sleekdude1(m): 5:03am On Sep 29, 2009
life is all about improvement, ease, would u like to que up in dat miserable in bank just to withdraw 2k, wouldnt u rather use d atm? sooooo, in essence, its about finding the easiest way to do things, if d people who invented programming languages knew this then, it would have been alot easier 4 them and it would have led to a more advance coding now, so its about been easy, all d wayyyyyyyyyy.

em please, is there any asp.net programmer here, i have got a job 4 u, pls hit me up. i am jamal. 08028292374, 08039558664. thanks
Re: Creating Dynamic Pages Using Dreamweaver/php/mysql/asp/access by TechPros(m): 5:46am On Sep 29, 2009
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Seun Osewa Pls Give Us The Hug Smiley / How To Make N30000 Thousand Naira Or More Monthly / 6 Effective Ways To Generate Article Titles For Your Blog Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.