Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Pristine Muscles - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pristine Muscles (75401 Views)

Alpha Fuel Xt Best Medicine For Storng Muscles / Drink This To Get Bigger Muscles And Have Better Sex. / Buildings Muscles And Biceps Without Weight Lifting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pristine Muscles by Mickey7(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Why not? You don't need any support at all. The reason you have a barbell is not only as a form of resistance but also for support. You don't have to go down too fast. Also make sure the support below your feet is high.
alright thanks
Re: Pristine Muscles by Boomboost(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
Well done guys. As for me, I've been all about side crunches even during pull ups. See the difference, how my body changed.
Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Boomboost:
Well done guys. As for me, I've been all about side crunches even during pull ups. See the difference, how my body changed.

Nice one. But you need to add strength-training to your workout routine. That is the only way to add slabs of muscles. Just imagine you putting on some muscles on your arms, chests,lats,traps,delts and your quads, your abs is already done,just some fine tuning. You become the "GREEK GOD HERCULES".

1 Like

Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello my Men of Iron, hope the battle against body-fat was worthwhile.
I will giving us the part two of a goodworkout regimen to engage in. The "split" program
Watch out.
Re: Pristine Muscles by Dexema(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2016
Wow! Finished the whole 14 pages of the thread and even took notes, pristinemucscles, neduluiz. Jadonjack and others, you guys are doing a good job of inspiring others.

I was pretty much involved in sports back in Uni (lawn tennis) but fell back since getting to Lagos (no sport centres close by) instead i intend starting workouts this week but I need to rid my system of Malaria first.
I hope to update you guys on my progress.
Re: Pristine Muscles by dotunibrahim7(m): 11:19am On Oct 10, 2016
Dexema:
Wow! Finished the whole 14 pages of the thread and even took notes, pristinemucscles, neduluiz. Jadonjack and others, you guys are doing a good job of inspiring others.

I was pretty much involved in sports back in Uni (lawn tennis) but fell back since getting to Lagos (no sport centres close by) instead i intend starting workouts this week but I need to rid my system of Malaria first.
I hope to update you guys on my progress.
OK man can't wait to hear frm u o
Re: Pristine Muscles by dotunibrahim7(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Hello my Men of Iron, hope the battle against body-fat was worthwhile.
I will giving us the part two of a goodworkout regimen to engage in. The "split" program
Watch out.
oya o we dey expect am
Re: Pristine Muscles by kindredspirit(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
pristinemuscles, where you at bro?

I've set off on a bodybuilding journey. It's just day two and I'm in serious pains all over every fibre of my upper body! Damn! I can barely manage to lift a scoop to pour on my body when bathing. My arms, biceps ( especially) , belly and chest regions are all sore with intense pain.

My gym instructor is urging me to rest for two days. It's rest-day three and the pains just won't let up Mehn!

I know bodybuilding is "no-pain, no gain " especially for newbies. My question is : shouldn't one pop some Painkillers or Analgesic to numb the pain? My instructor advised I shouldn't take any but allow my body get used to the pain and ride over it. Please advise. Is that standard practice?

Not sure how I can lift any weights with all this pain.
Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
kindredspirit:

I've set off on a bodybuilding journey. It's just day two and I'm in serious pains all over every fibre of my upper body! Damn! I can barely manage to lift a scoop to pour on my body when bathing. My arms, biceps ( especially) , belly and chest regions are all sore with intense pain.

My gym instructor is urging me to rest for two days. It's rest-day three and the pains just won't let up Mehn!

I know bodybuilding is "no-pain, no gain " especially for newbies. My question is : shouldn't one pop some Painkillers or Analgesic to numb the pain? My instructor advised I shouldn't take any but allow my body get used to the pain and ride over it. Please advise. Is that standard practice?

I am happy that you have taken the bull by the horn to kickstart your bodybuilding journey and i can tell you for free that it would be worthwhile. Yes, for the pain you are going through, it is very normal. The pain is usually as a result of buildup of lactic acid in your muscles as well as muscular breakdown. The pain will pass and please do not take any pain killer or anagelsic. Please don't give up, i believe once you start seeing those jaw-dropping changes in your physique, you would not relent. Remember rome was not built in a day. Determination, consistency,patience, smartwork. You are good to go.

Welcome to our club of "MEN OF IRON".
Re: Pristine Muscles by kindredspirit(m): 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

I am happy that you have taken the bull by the horn to kickstart your bodybuilding journey and i can tell you for free that it would be worthwhile. Yes, for the pain you are going through, it is very normal. The pain is usually as a result of buildup of lactic acid in your muscles as well as muscular breakdown. The pain will pass and please do not take any pain killer or anagelsic. Please don't give up, i believe once you start seeing those jaw-dropping changes in your physique, you would not relent. Remember rome was not built in a day. Determination, consistency,patience, smartwork. You are good to go.

Welcome to our club of "MEN OF IRON".

Okay. Thanks bro.
Re: Pristine Muscles by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
kindredspirit:

Just like pristinemuscles has said, the pain is normal but I ll like to add one tin....

Please try and go to the gym tomorrow, as a beginner yu not expected to rest more than a day, if yu want the pains to go quickly, yu have to continue lifting, it will be very difficult buh yu just have to try cos that's the only way yu ll get used to lifting iron quickly.

When I started, I dd not even rest fr a single day except on Sunday, the pain was dere fr a week and some days bfr I finally get used to it.

Good luck bruh.

Remember, NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pristine Muscles by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 20, 2016
exactly, just like Jason said.Sequel to his words,DON'T EVER REST,tomorrow morning continue from where you stopped, until you get align with pain.Lol its not easy oh but do it and don't take any medicine, be it Paracetamol !
Re: Pristine Muscles by kindredspirit(m): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Jadonjack:

Just like pristinemuscles has said, the pain is normal but I ll like to add one tin....

Please try and go to the gym tomorrow, as a beginner yu not expected to rest more than a day, if yu want the pains to go quickly, yu have to continue lifting, it will be very difficult buh yu just have to try cos that's the only way yu ll get used to lifting iron quickly.

When I started, I dd not even rest fr a single day except on Sunday, the pain was dere fr a week and some days bfr I finally get used to it.

Good luck bruh.

Remember, NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!!!

Oh my! I've already rested for two and a half days. I however went a-gyming on the evening of rest day three. Going forward, I intend to grit my teeth and work through the pain.

Thanks a bunch. Much appreciated.
Re: Pristine Muscles by kindredspirit(m): 6:45am On Oct 20, 2016
LostCity:
exactly, just like Jason said.Sequel to his words,DON'T EVER REST,tomorrow morning continue from where you stopped, until you get align with pain.Lol its not easy oh but do it and don't take any medicine, be it Paracetamol !

Lol. Thanks man. Don't mind my lazy ass. I've rested O. Not anymore though. From now on, I'm turning into one mean iron-lifting machine.
Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2016
kindredspirit:

Lol. Thanks man. Don't mind my lazy ass. I've rested O. Not anymore though. From now on, I'm turning into one mean iron-lifting machine.

Hello kindred spirit, how is your training? For a beginner, starting your body-building journey using machines is not advisable(if you want to see muscle gains). Freeweights is far better, when i talk about freeweights, dumbbells and barbells come to mind. When you train with freeweights, you experience that natural feeling as well as mastering proper form during lifting. There is full range of motion(contraction and relaxation) of the muscles during freeweights workouts, even pro body-builders finish up with machines and not begin with it.

To have a muscular physique is not going to be easy most especially when going natural(no steroids and the likes) but when you have that jaw dropping physique, you just know there is no going back.

When people see me, they are amazed by my physique and i hear them saying things like which kind steroids you dey take? Wetin your programme be like? i just smile because they don't know what is involved.

As for your rest days make it one day minimum and 2 days maximum.

#getsweaty2gethulky
Re: Pristine Muscles by amicableSavage: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Hello kindred
bro pls wats the difference between whey proretin, creatin and amino tablets?
thanks
Re: Pristine Muscles by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
amicableSavage:

thanks

Well, they are all protein supplements (they repair yur microtears faster and also gives strength wen lifting). Whey is rated as the number one supplement in the world so it's expensive (the last time i priced it, it's 16k5) but creatine is also gud, I used it for a couple of months last year.

My Advice: Work out naturally without the use of supplements, it's always better.

Over to you pristinemuscles
Re: Pristine Muscles by kindredspirit(m): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Hello kindred spirit, how is your training? For a beginner, starting your body-building journey using machines is not advisable(if you want to see muscle gains). Freeweights is far better, when i talk about freeweights, dumbbells and barbells come to mind. When you train with freeweights, you experience that natural feeling as well as mastering proper form during lifting. There is full range of motion(contraction and relaxation) of the muscles during freeweights workouts, even pro body-builders finish up with machines and not begin with it.

To have a muscular physique is not going to be easy most especially when going natural(no steroids and the likes) but when you have that jaw dropping physique, you just know there is no going back.

When people see me, they are amazed by my physique and i hear them saying things like which kind steroids you dey take? Wetin your programme be like? i just smile because they don't know what is involved.

As for your rest days make it one day minimum and 2 days maximum.

#getsweaty2gethulky

Good afternoon pristinemuscles bruh.

I said I was going to try and turn myself into "A MEAN IRON-LIFTING MACHINE ". I didn't mean I would be using machines to get ripped. Do bodybuilders use machines? Interesting.

I took yours and Jadonjack's advise to grit my teeth regardless of the pain and work hard at it. In fact, that very evening of rest-day three, I hauled my sore body off my couch and went to the gym. Guess what? During today's session, I didn't feel sore that much. As I type this, the pain has ebbed away almost totally.

Thanks a bunch for your encouragement else I would have thrown in the Towel! It's my third full day of working out and I'm loving it.

4 Likes

Re: Pristine Muscles by Boomboost(m): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES, more pics biko
Re: Pristine Muscles by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Boomboost:

I ll advice we create watsapp group for this and also for some working out tips

PRISTINEMUSCLES, wat do yu think?

1 Like

Re: Pristine Muscles by Mickey7(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Motivation

Re: Pristine Muscles by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jadonjack:

the thread will die naturally.
my opinion
Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jadonjack:

Creating a watsapp group is a good idea but you know that this thread of ours will die a natural death if such is done. Moreover this thread is far encompassing(reaching a wider audience) compared to a watsapp group. So many pple go through the thread one way or the other. I am suggesting that we endeavour to regularly update the thread with our workout tips and body transformation and progression pics, motivating pics and other "muscular neccessities".
On my part, i have not be consistent in my updates, i will endeavour to make amends.

Thanks jadonjack.
Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
amicableSavage:

thanks

Yes, very good question.
Whey protein, creatine powder and amino acid supplements are often used interchangeably but there are notable differences amongst them.

Whey protein, as the name suggest is basically protein. Since muscles are majorly made up of proteins and water, whey protein is used to boost muscle size. During workouts, muscle fibers are broken down and it is during rest that the body kickstart the repairs of the muscles and make use of proteins ingested to build bigger muscles. So whey protein is primarily for increased muscle gains as well as for quick recovery. On the other hand, creatine powder is primarily muscle fuel, it increases the energy level of the body(muscles) to perform beyond the body's normal capacity. So you normally do 3 sets of 15 reps of bench press, creatine can make you do an extra set of 15 reps.

Creatine and whey protein when taken together works well. Creatine powder for the pump while whey protein for the recovery.

Amino acid supplements work the same as whey proteins. Since muscles are made up of proteins and amino acids are the building blocks of protein, it therefore means that taking of AAsuplements will boost muscle gains during recovery.

1 Like

Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
Boomboost:
No vex abeg, i will definitely update the thread tonight.
Re: Pristine Muscles by kindredspirit(m): 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Yes, very good question.
Whey protein, creatine powder and amino acid supplements are often used interchangeably but there are notable differences amongst them.

Whey protein, as the name suggest is basically protein. Since muscles are majorly made up of proteins and water, whey protein is used to boost muscle size. During workouts, muscle fibers are broken down and it is during rest that the body kickstart the repairs of the muscles and make use of proteins ingested to build bigger muscles. So whey protein is primarily for increased muscle gains as well as for quick recovery. On the other hand, creatine powder is primarily muscle fuel, it increases the energy level of the body(muscles) to perform beyond the body's normal capacity. So you normally do 3 sets of 15 reps of bench press, creatine can make you do an extra set of 15 reps.

Creatine and whey protein when taken together works well. Creatine powder for the pump while whey protein for the recovery.

Amino acid supplements work the same as whey proteins. Since muscles are made up of proteins and amino acids are the building blocks of protein, it therefore means that taking of AAsuplements will boost muscle gains during recovery.

Talking about Proteins, a fella I met at the Gym says that I should be boozing Raw Eggs mixed with Full Cream Milk as part of my feeding regimen. Sounds yucky but hey, if it works, I'm boozing.

What do you think, guys?
Re: Pristine Muscles by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Creating a watsapp group is a good idea but you know that this thread of ours will die a natural death if such is done. Moreover this thread is far encompassing(reaching a wider audience) compared to a watsapp group. So many pple go through the thread one way or the other. I am suggesting that we endeavour to regularly update the thread with our workout tips and body transformation and progression pics, motivating pics and other "muscular neccessities".
On my part, i have not be consistent in my updates, i will endeavour to make amends.

Thanks jadonjack.

No p bruh, I got yur back
Re: Pristine Muscles by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
kindredspirit:

Talking about Proteins, a fella I met at the Gym says that I should be boozing Raw Eggs mixed with Full Cream Milk as part of my feeding regimen. Sounds yucky but hey, if it works, I'm boozing.

What do you think, guys?

Works very well as well
Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Yes, i am back and better. I apologise for inconsistency in updating.

So you have begun the basic programs and your body is getting used to those gruelsome workout sessions. And as we all know, our body so much love adaptation and that is why we need to constantly challenge our muscles.

We proceed to what is called the split program.
Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
From the word "split" it simply means division. And so the split program will be divided into two sessions.

First session works or targets the muscles of the chest,shoulders and arms.
Second session works or targets the muscles of the legs and back.

Like i said before, one must first begin with the basic programs for a duration of 6-8 weeks (with consistency and determination) before progressing to the split program.

So lets begin with session A.

Warmup exercise kickstarts with a period of 10 mins.

Barbell bench press.

Below is a pictorial representation of the exercise

Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:07pm On Oct 20, 2016
Military barbell press. It comes in two variations(standing and sitting).

Re: Pristine Muscles by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
Incline fly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns / South African Woman Whose Bum Keeps Getting Bigger Believes She’s Cursed (Photos / Aba-made Face Masks: Here's My Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.