Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person (1275 Views)

I Need Ideas On How To Withdraw A Deceased Fund / How To Access Bank Account Of Deceased Person In Nigeria (next Of Kin Or Not) / What To Do About A Deceased Member’s Facebook Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by nenergy(m): 11:04am On Sep 27, 2014
Before the advent of mobile phone and social media,when relative or loved one dies, RIP is written on their pictures. But now people leave digital
possessions behind when to go to meet their creator.

Last year,I lost a neighbour and friend and up till
date i haven't been able to delete her phone
number, unfriend her on facebook/twitter/Whatsapp.

What do you do with digital possessions of a
deceased person?
Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by enimcnite(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2014
keep their fone nos., dont delete them frm ur friendlist on social media jst to kip showin respect!

1 Like

Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by irishCream: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2014
cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by damselalayo(f): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2014
If you ask me........na who I go ask?
Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 27, 2014
i found myself in this kind of dilemma some tym ago when a friend died.
Whenever i saw him on facebook i got sad n kinda creeped out.
I so wanted to remove him but i never worked up the nerve cause for some reason it felt like an insult to his memory

1 Like

Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 28, 2014
I wanted to unfriend a deceased from my fbk list sometime ago, till i had a creepy thought of him adding me back.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by nenergy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
irishCream: cry cry cry
The topic touch you? Doh..care to share?
Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by Kirinwa: 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
urhoboman: I wanted to unfriend a deceased from my fbk list sometime ago, till i had a creepy thought of him adding me back.

Seriously? shocked grin
Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by Valfrankie(m): 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
Imagine seeing yourself tagged in this kinda update from one of them: "Chilling with Lucifer in hell, down here no winter. Shout-out to my friend from the other side nenergy!" grincheesycheesygrin
Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by nenergy(m): 1:21am On Sep 29, 2014
Valfrankie: Imagine seeing yourself tagged in this kinda update from one of them: "Chilling with Lucifer in hell, down here no winter. Shout-out to my friend from the other side nenergy!" grincheesycheesygrin
omo,na to deactivate d account remain. grin
Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by symbian03(m): 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
Removing them is the only solution as seeing such profiles constantly brings bad memories.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With Phone Numbers And Social Media Account Of A Deceased Person by Obinoscopy(m): 3:07am On Oct 08, 2014
I leave it as it is. The only time I might delete a deceased phone number is if there's no longer space on my phone to add more numbers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Right Or Wrong To Be Very Close To Your Fiance? / Home Remedies Women Need To Know / 24 Things A Mother Should Teach Her Daughter Before Marriage!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.