Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? (25841 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Siasia Or Oliseh-who Is Better? / Siasia Or Keshi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Smooyis(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
Siasia all the way. But think Manuel Garba is better than them all.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by FranckJay: 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
KeSia. Combination of both of them

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by smartoliver(m): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
Please,you guys shouldn't criticise siasia when he begin losing (if he eventually becums d coach)Everyone of you once praised keshi,even the op..As a coach,u don't always prosper but with tym one can put his haus in or order and continue winning..Keshi's dilemma is just like what happened to Benitez during his tym at Liverpool and just because he wasn't given the time,see what it has cost them,the truth is that we are so impatient and hungry for success,but let's just see what happens..I hope SIASIA or whoever comes in won't Fail,God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
megacity:
The best news I have heard for sometime concerning Nigerian football is the report that Sampson Siasia is on the line to replace Keshi. Anyone that watched Siasia's teams to the U-20 world cup in 2005 and the Olympics in 2008 will understand how technically and tactically savvy he is as a coach. Siasia's Super Eagles also played with flair, created plenty scoring chances, scored plenty goals and infact never lost to any African opposition. Siasia's critics will say that he failed to quality Nigeria for the 2012 AFCON, the truth about that failure however is that it was not solely Siasia's doing. Ever before he became Super Eagles coach, a certain Austin Eguavoen already played and lost a crucial qualifying game in Guinea!

On the other hand, Keshi's Super Eagles has often looked bereft of any sound technical input from the bench. His team has found it difficult scoring goals and even clear-cut scoring chances have been hard to come by. To Keshi's credit, he did win the AFCON but even in that competition, his team as usual found it difficult to score goals even against the lowest teams. Keshi too has been fortunate with the fixtures. In the last round of the world cup qualifiers, his team was paired against the lowest ranked team that qualified for that round. Since qualifying for the world cup, Keshi's team has only managed to win one game in no less than ten games!

Back then I would have gone for siasia. But now,
None of d above.
Let's give sunday Olishe a chance. .

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by otokx(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
wordychap:

Siasia never lost any match towards d qualification to afcon 2012 and we had convincing wins during his time, his problem was inheriting a difficult qualifying situated eagles. Siasia shouldn't b told to replace keshi, let keshi finish d mess he's started n after we fail to qualify for afcon, siadia should come in let me see how he wouldn't turn our fortunes for d better.

best suggestion

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by dhappyking(m): 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
I will go for Siasia any time, any day. When he took over the Super Eagles, he had a long term programme for the National team. He had a team that played 'purposeful' football. You could see their game plans played out on the pitch. The players played flowing football and used space very well.
Siasia wanted to build something that will take time, but will be loved and appreciated by Nigerians. Unfortunately, the people at the helm of affairs did not have that kind of patience. Another thing Siasia had as an ace was discipline, but he took it too far with some of the big boys in the team and I think it was part of what cost him his job then.
On the other hand, if he gets back there as our coach, I will advise that he handle the big boys with more respect and maturity. He can massage their ego and get his results, that way all of us will be happy. Siasia is still the best for the job. If they will give him a free hand, he will deliver. It just wasn't his time then. Me thinks he has learnt his lessons and is now ripe to handle the attendant politics in the team. My opinion, any way.

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by donodion(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
keshi D Boss.Anyday anytime.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Komedy(m): 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
Even if Keshi is sacked and siasia koms onboard,it wudnt be bkos siasia is a more tactical or brilliant coach than keshi,wat are we even talking here,a coach that failed to qualify us for Afcon and wc, how many matches did siasia win as d SE coach,a coach dat cudnt beat angola home and away with better players dan keshi has presently,its an insult to compare on keshi to compare him. With siasia, we are having problems qualifying with keshi and we think d remedy is to go bring a coach that has failed us b4, we mite as well bring beti vogts while we are at it.siasia failed us b4,wat makes yu ppl think he won't fail us again.instead of siasia who has failed b4,let's giv Sunday Oliseh a chance.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Adeyinka123: 2:07am On Oct 05, 2014
I'm speechless ! It's obvious that the writer is biased. He's not neutral at all.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Afam4eva(m): 3:45am On Oct 05, 2014
Keshi is definitely a better coach at grinding results but Siasia has more technical depth and tends to produce more enjoyable football with more scoring chances. But Keshi's results speak for him but i just don't like his lackadasical attitude when his team is playing. He behaves like he doesn't care about the outcome of the match and he also has some personal issues to deal with. How in the world can a coach drop players such as IK Uche, Sunday Mba and kelechi Iheanacho for relatively unknown and untested players.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by intoto1(m): 4:22am On Oct 05, 2014
i believe the success of Nigerian football is more important.Most african countries have watched all our matches under keshi and discovered some lapses.can keshi evolve new tactics to surmount the hurdles ahead?let us wait and see the outcome of the next matches before a proper conclusion can be made.if he cannot evolve tactics to beat opponents that have studied him for years, i think then and only then can i suggest thinking about other options.

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Bimpe29: 6:51am On Oct 05, 2014
I Prefer Samson Siasia.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by born2boink(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2014
Keshi have done more good than harm, claiming the title 3 times which most if cares wasn't taken might not have come our way in 2 decade, qualify us for the 2nd round in this time where other country football level of rise have wise compare to olden, Keshi have done the same thing westerholf done in 5 yrs, he did it just in 2 yrs, redeeming back the image of eagles, the only things we are bothering or worried about is kanu class or okocha, but those two fail to lift up nation cup. Nigeria my country, fire on the mountain
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Caseless: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2014
chucky234:
Siasia's team to the U20 World cup in Egypt was the worst U20 team Nigeria ever put together, Samson is overrated.
they are both rigid in terms of personal r/ship with players. But keshi is far better than siasia. All keshi needs is a sound technical team of coaches.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Caseless:
they are both rigid in terms of personal r/ship with players. But keshi is far better than siasia. All keshi needs is a sound technical team of coaches.
As the captain of the Super Eagles Keshi was referred to as the "big boss" by players and coaches because of his leadership qualities, charisma and accommodating attitude.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2014
Afam4eva:
Keshi is definitely a better coach at grinding results but Siasia has more technical depth and tends to produce more enjoyable football with more scoring chances. But Keshi's results speak for him but i just don't like his lackadasical attitude when his team is playing. He behaves like he doesn't care about the outcome of the match and he also has some personal issues to deal with. How in the world can a coach drop players such as IK Uche, Sunday Mba and kelechi Iheanacho for relatively unknown and untested players.
Siasia has no technical depth, his Dutch partner Simon Kalika is the man behind the little success he enjoyed as a coach.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by pat077: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2014
kannymoore:

Isaac promise is still a regular in his team
Mikel obi is still a regular in his team
Haruna plays reglarly
Obinna Nsofor still plays
Chinedu Ogbuke still plays
Adejo plays regularly
Odion ighalo plays regularly
Taiye taiwo plays regularly
Nnamdi oduamadi still plays
Solomon owello still plays
Apam is in America with obafemi martins

Nna guy...

Try again!
hw many of those players u mention plays 4 a big team in Europe apart 4rm mikel? Siasia shld replicate his feat wit d junior team wit a national team - he can try Togo or Benin republic.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by dblock(m): 11:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Keshi has proven himself to a greater extent, but Siasia is more conventional in his approach.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by wordychap: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
Komedy:
Even if Keshi is sacked and siasia koms onboard,it wudnt be bkos siasia is a more tactical or brilliant coach than keshi,wat are we even talking here,a coach that failed to qualify us for Afcon and wc, how many matches did siasia win as d SE coach,a coach dat cudnt beat angola home and away with better players dan keshi has presently,its an insult to compare on keshi to compare him. With siasia, we are having problems qualifying with keshi and we think d remedy is to go bring a coach that has failed us b4, we mite as well bring beti vogts while we are at it.siasia failed us b4,wat makes yu ppl think he won't fail us again.instead of siasia who has failed b4,let's giv Sunday Oliseh a chance.
U are mixing times up. Angola debacle wasn't in siasia's era. In siasia's time we got a draw to guinea at home dat cost us d nations cup qualification.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by damosky12(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
AOB1963:
Siasia they are clamouring is a dwarf in coaching at the senior level compared to Keshi and they know it. Keshi has unearthed more new talents than any coach before him. We are singing the praises of Onazi, Musa, Omeruo, Babatunde, Oboabona and Oshaniwa today because Keshi preferred them to the known 'stars'. Keshi is a true promoter of Nigerian and African football. All these he has done without the need to engage or rely on the input of an 'Oyinbo' technical adviser like Siasia did.
Even with this AFCON qualifiers, as usual, [b]Keshi tends to start slowly but he will finish well. At the last AFCON he started with 2 draws and by the 3rd match, the Vultures were already circling him to tear him up, yet he won that cup. At the last CHAN, he started with a defeat, and ended up with a Bronze medal. At the World cup, we struggled against Iran and still ended up in the last 16 ahead of the likes of Ivory Coast, England and Spain. [b/] He will not only qualify us for AFCON, he and the boys will defend the title. Let us not get carried away with the dooms day prophets and their fifty-kobo journalists, most of them have personal (non-football) issues with Keshi, so what do we expect them to say that is new.
Thank you. You hit it on the head.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Walelavender(m): 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
Keshi is a man who tends to get results by all means without a robust playing style you can be proud of. Siasia,I guess is good at handling under-aged guys with a playing style you can be proud of. His ego cost us the nations cup in 2012, hence the SE will still be a challenge for him to handle. I don't know why they cant work together. Let Keshi be the chief coach while Sia-One be the chief technical adviser,if they both ha ve the interest of the nation @ heart
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kannymoore(m): 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2014
pat077:
hw many of those players u mention plays 4 a big team in Europe apart 4rm mikel? Siasia shld replicate his feat wit d junior team wit a national team - he can try Togo or Benin republic.

Oh..so you're saying Ogbuke's shalke04 that plays champions league every other year isn't a big team abi?
Oya clap for yourself.

Abeg just admit that Keshi has nothing on Siasia. Simple! Lol!
Apart from Onazi, can you name any top player discovered by keshi that is playing for a "reasonable" team? (not big team oh!) Please, just name one correct player playing for a reasonable team in the 3years of keshi's tenure.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by pat077: 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
kannymoore:

Oh..so you're saying Ogbuke's shalke04 that plays champions league every other year isn't a big team abi?
Oya clap for yourself.

Abeg just admit that Keshi has nothing on Siasia. Simple! Lol!
Apart from Onazi, can you name any top player discovered by keshi that is playing for a "reasonable" team? (not big team oh!) Please, just name one correct player playing for a reasonable team in the 3years of keshi's tenure.
mention anoda player apart 4rm ogbuke. Siasia 'll remain jobless if he keeps hopin 2 get d Eagles job.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kannymoore(m): 5:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Caseless:

Bro... Keshi has far worse player managing abilities compared to siasia.
Apart from Osaze, Mikel and to a little extent Enyeama, who else has Siasia has a major problem with? Even when he had problems with players, he never really allowed his beef with his players to take root. Highest, 2 match ban and that's it! Finish.
But with keshi??...Ikechukwu Uche.. Kalu Uche, Taiye Taiwo, Lukman Haruna, Joseph Yobo and Osaze Odemwingie have all had problems with Keshi. Even Brown Ideye and Emmanuel Emenike are having problems with keshi's man managing antics @ the moment.

Keshi aint no man-manager at all!
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kannymoore(m): 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
pat077:
mention anoda player apart 4rm ogbuke. Siasia 'll remain jobless if he keeps hopin 2 get d Eagles job.

See this guy oh!!!

Oya.. Joel obi, Victor Moses and Ahmed Musa.

Oya, call ya own!!

LWKMD!!!
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by pat077: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
kannymoore:

See this guy oh!!!

Oya.. Joel obi, Victor Moses and Ahmed Musa.

Oya, call ya own!!

LWKMD!!!
i'm talkin about those dat played d U-20 in 2005.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by kannymoore(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
pat077:
i'm talkin about those dat played d U-20 in 2005.

Guy, you haven't mentioned a single player who keshi discovered since this arguement started! Abeg shift go siddon joor!

Lol!
If I ask you to name 7players who played for spain U20. In 2005 u fit name dem.. Apart from maybe Fabregas?
If I ask you to name 7 players who played for holland in that tourney and are still relevant now, off the top of yur head, you fit do am??!

Abeg, I don floor you taya. You have nothing new to add.
Simples.
Lol!
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by nd07(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
Of a truth guys were more comfortable & certain wen Siasia boys played than wen Keshi boys plays. we can remember he was blackmailed by players bcs of d matter btwn him & Enyeama, dt's why d flop in d afcon qualifying series bt d guy was gug though i dn't knw of his capability now bt i suggest we gv him a chance.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Komedy(m): 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
wordychap:

U are mixing times up. Angola debacle wasn't in siasia's era. In siasia's time we got a draw to guinea at home dat cost us d nations cup qualification.
thanks for d correction,
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by Caseless: 12:25am On Oct 06, 2014
kannymoore:

Bro... Keshi has far worse player managing abilities compared to siasia.
Apart from Osaze, Mikel and to a little extent Enyeama, who else has Siasia has a major problem with? Even when he had problems with players, he never really allowed his beef with his players to take root. Highest, 2 match ban and that's it! Finish.
But with keshi??...Ikechukwu Uche.. Kalu Uche, Taiye Taiwo, Lukman Haruna, Joseph Yobo and Osaze Odemwingie have all had problems with Keshi. Even Brown Ideye and Emmanuel Emenike are having problems with keshi's man managing antics @ the moment.

Keshi aint no man-manager at all!
u have made a valid point. Keshi needs to loosen up a little.
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by blezynetym(f): 8:38am On Oct 06, 2014
Keshi should go, I want Siasia. Dat is my opinion. Thanx
Re: Siasia Or Keshi: Who Do You Prefer? by ask4grace(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2014
[quote author=RoyalRoy post=26662780][font=Georgia][i] Very nice write-up from the Op

give the opportunity to OLISEH SUNDAY but if not samson siasa should take over as Keshi is full of himsef and arrogant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job / Super Falcons Move Up In Latest FIFA World Ranking / Nigeria(0) Vs Tunisia(0) on Saturday June 20th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.