Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY (5116 Views)

Nigerians orientation on private university / My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni / "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Spiff20(m): 11:37am On Sep 27, 2014
Dear nairalanders, i just got admitted into the department of Pure and Applied chemistry in unical and i need a little orientation about the course, the job opportunities availabe in the field and the difference between pure, applied and industrial chemistry. What they gave me is pure and applied chemistry to study, so i want to really know what am going in for. Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by bdemix(m): 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Chemistry is Beautiful, Explore and It recreates Nature, Just Be Focus On The Course and I assure you , you will be proud to be a Chemist** Regarding to where you can work in future**You can work anywhere
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Princecalm(m): 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
Though Not really an easy course,but once you graduate with good grades,employment will be looking for you.
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by DrNoimatO: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
As if u know ma mind @OP..just got admitted into OAU to study CHEMISTRY also
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Spiff20(m): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
Tanx guys, but i wanna know, is there any difference between applied chemistry and industrial chemistry or are they the same thing?
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Spiff20(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
DrNoimatO: As if u know ma mind @OP..just got admitted into OAU to study CHEMISTRY also
congrats man we are in this together
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by bdemix(m): 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
In regards with my HOD told me...Industrial Chemistry is just a branch of Chemistry I.e we have physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry as an Applied Chemistry I can study Industrial Chemistry or any branch of chemistry as my Masters
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by bdemix(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
In regards with my HOD told me...Industrial Chemistry is just a branch of Chemistry I.e we have physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry as an Applied Chemistry I can study Industrial Chemistry or any branch of chemistry as my Masters
Spiff20: Tanx guys, but i wanna know, is there any difference between applied chemistry and in dustrial chemistry or are they the same thing?
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
bdemix: Chemistry is Beautiful, Explore and It recreates Nature, Just Be Focus On The Course and I assure you , you will be proud to be a Chemist** Regarding to where you can work in future**You can work anywhere

I can work anywhere by studying Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry? Snc I can work anywhere, can I work in a bank, in the police force etc?
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by coolguyone(m): 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
Soyedele1:

I can work anywhere by studying Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry? Snc I can work anywhere, can I work in a bank, in the police force etc?
lolz
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Princecalm(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Soyedele1:

what if you recruit as a police is that not working,even in the bank,i have seen a geology graduate working in a bank so what are you saying.
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by bdemix(m): 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Very well sir,is nt by what you studied you've been employed in this country**Hope my 2 cents helps sir
Soyedele1:

Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Well chemistry is a nice course,it is more than just about chemical reactions. Like my hod would say "chemistry is the nucleus of all other courses",chemistry is very versatile and wide there's hardly an aspect you won't explore be it petrochemistry,forensic, medicinal and other unknown branches of chemistry. Chemistry is more than a subject as many Nigerians view it, chemistry is the central science.
The Manufacturing industries also requires the services of a chemist,even in Academics we are needed...

........ What is not chemistry, virtually nothing....
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by dasamek8: 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
Well chemistry is a nice course,it is more than just about chemical reactions. Like my hod would say "chemistry is the nucleus of all other courses",chemistry is very versatile and wide there's hardly an aspect you won't explore be it petrochemistry,forensic, medicinal and other unknown branches of chemistry. Chemistry is more than a subject as many Nigerians view it, chemistry is the central science.
The Manufacturing industries also requires the services of a chemist,even in Academics we are needed...

........ What is not chemistry, virtually nothing....
[
keep on deceiving yourself, physics is the fundamental. Consider molecular phy,atomic/nuclear phy, chemical phy,mordern phy etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by LordIsaac(m): 5:49am On Mar 08, 2017
Let me add that you go suffer small. Many things dem dey teach dey abstract. You go learn alcohol tire tgen u go end up for community secondary skool Ikot. Excrpt God help u. No believe me at your own peril.
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by fabre4: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2017
Chemistry will open your eyes to a lot of things that have been like mysteries to u but if you want to do well work on your maths and physics cos those borrowed courses are the ones that give problem especially calculus then as you further you have to learn reaction mechanism what you get if you substitute a molecule of atom in a reaction as well as the electronic configuration of all the atoms in the periodic as well as their physical and chemical properties then you will be introduced to quantum mechanics like my lecturers used to call it then the science of God.

Courses to fear

Analytical chemistry
physical chemistry

courses for cramming
Organic chemistry

Natural product
Course to get easy A

Inorganic chemistry

my opinion though
Spiff20:
Dear nairalanders, i just got admitted into the department of Pure and Applied chemistry in unical and i need a little orientation about the course, the job opportunities availabe in the field and the difference between pure, applied and industrial chemistry. What they gave me is pure and applied chemistry to study, so i want to really know what am going in for. Thanks in anticipation for your responses.
Chemistry will open your eyes to a lot of things that have been like mysteries to u but if you want to do well work on your maths and physics cos those borrowed courses are the ones that give problem especially calculus then as you further you have to learn reaction mechanism what you get if you substitute a molecule of atom in a reaction as well as the electronic configuration of all the atoms in the periodic as well as their physical and chemical properties then you will be introduced to quantum mechanics like my lecturers used to call it then the science of God.

Courses to fear

Analytical chemistry
physical chemistry

courses for cramming
Organic chemistry

Natural product
Course to get easy A

Inorganic chemistry

my opinion though
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by oluwatobi01(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Lemme add my own before its too late,....Chemistry is a wonderful course,it studies virtually everything both living n non living,..
You can actually work any where so far there is human being,from petrochemical industries to production industries as quality analyst even in agricultural firms...Chemistry is actually a diversify n demanding course which requires a lot of hard work and smartness,buh a 2nd class upper div will put u on a gud stand.
In studying chemistry u tend to do sum compulsory courses from other dept like calculus,mathematical methods(In mths dept)material sci,modern physics,waves n optics,thermodynamics in physics dept,especially in your 2 n 3 level in the uni.
Though am studying biochemistry in AAUA,we do sum courses in chemistry like analytical chm,physical chm,inorganic chm,organic etc and they are kinda tough esp the first three..Thus,welcum to the world of reaction,which you success in your sojourn to b the grtest chemist....In btw,ur lecturers ain't friendly,they used to gv us headache....

Cheers...
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by dasamek8: 8:25am On Apr 02, 2017
Finally, it's better you studied chemistry abroad. You may be fulfilled as a chemist over there. Big and well funded labs, employment and postgraduate studies likely to be favorable. And finally potential to switch to other fields ie, med chem, pharm chem, chem engr, agrochem, neurochem, biological sci, lab technician, physician assistants,food sci, synthetic bio, bioch engr and esp grad sch to medicine,nursing and pharmacy and vet med.
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Mason9: 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2023
German Shepherds are one of the most popular dog breeds in the world, and for good reason. They are fiercely loyal, intelligent, and make excellent family pets. But with such an active and athletic breed, it's important to make sure they are getting the proper nutrition to support their health and energy levels. https://germanshepherdbuddy.com/best-food-for-australian-shepherd-puppy/
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by BellaTheDuke: 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
Re: I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY by Mason9: 6:25pm On May 18, 2023
That's where ATV & UTV Shipping Alaska comes in.ATV & UTV Shipping Alaska is a leading transportation company that specializes in shipping ATVs and UTVs to and from Alaska.
Kentucky Freight Companies

(1) (Reply)

Esa Oke Poly / Msc Dissertation Topic In Construction Project Management / Project Topic In Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.