Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is It True? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is It True? (2437 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of DBN / Did You Use 5 & 10 Kobo Coins? (pics) / What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is It True? by yougos(m): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2014
During my Secondary school days early 90s, we
were told that these Names as often been
pronounced in Nigeria today means:
NAIRA:
N=Nigerian
A=Army
I=IS
R=Ready
A=Again. ( Nigerian Army Is Ready Again) to
KOBO
K=Kill
O=Ojukwu
B=Before
O=Others. (Kill Ojukwu Before Others) as to
GOWON
G=Go
O=On
W=With
O=One
Nigeria. ( Go On With One Nigeria)
Pls fellow NL I want to confirm if these are true.
You can add ur own if you also have some of
those Names and their meanings

(1) (Reply)

This One Is For Obiagelli- HBD Ma / How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland Forum? / Do All Yahoo Guys Use Jazz?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.