Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! (2319 Views)

What Women Pass Through In The Hands Of Fake Prophets(pictured) / Nigerian Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed / Five Ways To Identify Fake Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by bolaino(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Its called reductio ad absurdium. He's just using your own logic in a less familiar context to expose how retãrded it is. You should try when next your pastor makes one of those their fantastic claims. You'll be surprised how different the world looks when you apply a little scepticism.
then you should visit this site, www.sab.com (Skeptics Annotated Bible) although I feel, skepticism leans more towards pessimism. The world is Big, and I believe anything is possible. Nothing is impossible,
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by bolaino(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
Infomizer: Bolaino,
God will not punish anyone. It's none of his/her business if s/he gave humans a brain that they fail to use. We really have created god in our own image sha. Only humans punish...
My Good mann, Nature punishes also, Drought, Famine, Earthquakes ETC, for every Action there is an opposing reaction. The punishment in question here would be the result of their fraudulent actions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by Atigba: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
It so amazing how we Nigerians behave when it comes to religions stuff..I followed a colleague of mine to church today for his baby dedication in yenagoa I was shocked by what I saw in the church..there is what they called anointing water in the church so at the middle of the services the pastor said he need 100 people to come out with hundred thousand each for the anointing water, come and see how people were tripping out he later reduce it to 50k.deep down inside me I was like so God give discount as well. To me I would blame the MOG I blame Nigerians have come to realise that we Nigerians love to be deceive.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by plaetton: 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
bolaino: then you should visit this site, www.sab.com (Skeptics Annotated Bible) although I feel, skepticism leans more towards pessimism. The world is Big, and I believe anything is possible. Nothing is impossible,

This is quite interesting.
Religion is about hope. A hope there is a god, a hope that good conquers evil, hope that of eternal justice, hope of being favored by the cosmic forces of the universe.

On the other hand, skeptism comes first from understanding. When you understand something, you know its limitations. If the limitations are short of the desired, then pessimism creeps in.

So yes, the more we know about human nature, for instance, the more we see the limits of moral redemption, the limits of justice, and the delusions of eternal bliss.
And yes , it makes pessimistic.

This is perhaps why evangelicals play the proverbial monkey that sees and hears nothing when it comes to concerns of environmental degradation, climate change and anticipated extinction level events like rogue comets in the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
pls, u people should leave pastors alone. are there no fake atheist?
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by bolaino(m): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ukutsgp: pls, u people should leave pastors alone. are there no fake atheist?
hahahahaha, smh.
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by bolaino(m): 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton:

This is quite interesting.
Religion is about hope. A hope there is a god, a hope that good conquers evil, hope that of eternal justice, hope of being favored by the cosmic forces of the universe.

On the other hand, skeptism comes first from understanding. When you understand something, you know its limitations. If the limitations are short of the desired, then pessimism creeps in.

So yes, the more we know about human nature, for instance, the more we see the limits of moral redemption, the limits of justice, and the delusions of eternal bliss.
And yes , it makes pessimistic.

This is perhaps why evangelicals play the proverbial monkey that sees and hears nothing when it comes to concerns of environmental degradation, climate change and anticipated extinction level events like rogue comets in the future.
My learned colleague, Hope is one of the finest points of our existence on earth, Life without hope would be unimaginable, we make plans everyday because we hope to see the next day. Religion feeds off on that hope. I believe the dangers of climate change are over exaggerated.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by EvilBrain1(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
bolaino: My learned colleague, Hope is one of the finest points of our existence on earth, Life without hope would be unimaginable, we make plans everyday because we hope to see the next day. Religion feeds off on that hope. I believe the dangers of climate change are over exaggerated.

Religion gives false hope. It makes people make bad decisions and delays them from taking the concrete actions that can actually improve their situation. Look at all those people who waste their time and money with charlatans like T.B. Joshua and Oyakhilome. Many of them have diseases like cancer and the time they've lost would have cost them any hope of a cure. Look at climate change. The planet is being irreparably damaged and religious people are leading the fight to prevent the problem from being fixed.

You keep fooling yourself that the magic man in the sky is going to protect us, but unlike T.B Joshua's victims, its the innocent future generations that are going to pay the price of your stupídity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
bolaino: hahahahaha, smh.
i pity u.
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
EvilBrain1:
Look at climate change. The planet is being irreparably damaged and religious people are leading the fight to prevent the problem from being fixed.

This is leftist propaganda and it also unfairly targets religious people for blame. The climate has never been static and the emphasis put on industrial pollution is overblown or foolish. Foolish because no matter how much you cry, the Chinese, Indians or Brazilians will not put a damper on the economies because some "tree huggers" want to "save the planet".

Technology improves over time and helps us adapt to the environment, so technological progress is what is going to help us through climate change
and the challenges it may bring. Religious people play the same role the general public plays. They demand goods and services and the production of these goods and services will add to pollution no matter what and the oil companies and businesses will continue to supply the demand as long as there is profit to be made.

If you really want to "fix the problem", create an energy source that won't pollute. Until then, industrialization comes with pollution and when the society reaches maturity, they start talking about reducing the pollution.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't protect our environment, I'm saying lets be realistic and stop with the alarmist rhetoric.
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by plaetton: 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
Martian:

This is leftist propaganda and it also unfairly targets religious people for blame. The climate has never been static and the emphasis put on industrial pollution is overblown or foolish. Foolish because no matter how much you cry, the Chinese, Indians or Brazilians will not put a damper on the economies because some "tree huggers" want to "save the planet".

Technology improves over time and helps us adapt to the environment, so technological progress is what is going to help us through climate change
and the challenges it may bring. Religious people play the same role the general public plays. They demand goods and services and the production of these goods and services will add to pollution no matter what and the oil companies and businesses will continue to supply the demand as long as there is profit to be made.

If you really want to "fix the problem", create an energy source that won't pollute. Until then, industrialization comes with pollution and when the society reaches maturity, they start talking about reducing the pollution.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't protect our environment, I'm saying lets be realistic and stop with the alarmist rhetoric.

Believe me sir, I know that little or nothing can be done to reverse environmental degradation that comes with Industrialization and consumption. I actually find it hypocritical that west have been plundering without conscience for centuries, and now want to play lip service now that China, India and other economies are catching up.

My problem is the wholesale denial of climate change by evangelicals, much in the same way they deny the theory of evolution, ignorantly.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton:
Believe me sir, I know that little or nothing can be done to reverse environmental degradation that comes with Industrialization and consumption. .

The best a society can do is to create an environment where individuals can innovate and cause advancements in technology that will reduce pollution. In the mean time, steps should be taken that will mitigate the negative effects of the current technology while weighing yhe costs and benefits.

plaetton:
I actually find it hypocritical that west have been plundering without conscience for centuries, and now want to play lip service now that China, India and other economies are catching up..

Don't mind the west and it's so called "progressives". They are these people that indulge in the prosperity capitalism has afforded them while decrying it's negative effects. They don't criticize the negative effects because they have ways to rectify some of those situations, they criticize it because they think they oppose capitalism and want better system is that is more "equal". They want to cry about climate change while ignoring the less than savory parts of western progress. Just ignore them. if Nigeria starts developing at it's potential tomorrow, Evil Brain wouldn't give a damn about climate change.

plaetton:
My problem is the wholesale denial of climate change by evangelicals, much in the same way they deny the theory of evolution, ignorantly.

Let them b#tch and moan all they want, it doesn't stop progress.For example, in America, the evangelicals and most Christians will deny the theory of evolution but ignore the fact that it's the knowledge of this theory that ultimately led to genetically modified food. GMO create surplus and healthier crops. They watch their healthy and often humongous children and thank their god. They should thank scientists and people like the founding fathers of the country that had the idea tha created the environment for such progress.

Recognition of the originators of GM crops[edit]

On June 19, 2013 the leaders of the three research teams that first applied genetic engineering to crops, Robert Fraley of Monsanto; Marc Van Montagu of Ghent University in Belgium and founder of Plant Genetic Systems and Crop Design; and Mary-Dell Chilton of the University of Washington and Washington University in St. Louis and Syngenta, were awarded with the World Food Prize. The prize, of $250,000, is awarded to people who improve the "quality, quantity or availability" of food in the world. The three competing teams first presented their results in January 1983.[135]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by EvilBrain1(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2014
Animals are going extinct at rates not seen in millions of years. The planet is warming up at an alarming rate which is only accelerating as icecaps melt and carbon that had been frozen away for hundreds of millions of years gets released back into the air. And all this is clearly caused by humans.

There are plenty of things we can do now to slow down the rate of climate change, but american Christian groups and their capitalist friends are determined to block every attempt with lies and propaganda.

Believing that we shouldn't worry because some unknown future technology will save us from climate change is almost as dumb as believing God will do it. For one, technology could just as easily do the opposite and give us even more financial incentives to burn coal and pollute. Plus technology is useless when people are determined to pursue short term profit over long term sustainability.

No matter what fancy tech we invent, there will always be a quick and dirty way to push the real costs of your business on others while keeping the profits to yourself. And that is the real problem with climate change, its really all about greed and selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by bolaino(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: i pity u.
Thank you, I appreciate.
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by bolaino(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Religion gives false hope. It makes people make bad decisions and delays them from taking the concrete actions that can actually improve their situation. Look at all those people who waste their time and money with charlatans like T.B. Joshua and Oyakhilome. Many of them have diseases like cancer and the time they've lost would have cost them any hope of a cure. Look at climate change. The planet is being irreparably damaged and religious people are leading the fight to prevent the problem from being fixed.

You keep fooling yourself that the magic man in the sky is going to protect us, but unlike T.B Joshua's victims, its the innocent future generations that are going to pay the price of your stupídity.
I hope you know, you're Not as Intelligent as you think?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by EvilBrain1(m): 10:23am On Sep 29, 2014
bolaino: I hope you know, you're Not as Intelligent as you think?

I hope you know that you don't know how intelligent I think I am.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by bolaino(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
EvilBrain1:

I hope you know that you don't know how intelligent I think I am.
Nice comeback, Touche.
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
EvilBrain1: Animals are going extinct at rates not seen in millions of years. .

Really?
Can you be more specific about this mass extinction currently going on?
What’s different about the extinction rate today compared to 100 years ago?
Have the extinctions impacted humanity negatively ,positively or have they been neutral?
How many animals went extinct without human influence?
How many are extinct because of human influence?

EvilBrain1:
The planet is warming up at an alarming rate which is only accelerating as icecaps melt and carbon that had been frozen away for hundreds of millions of years gets released back into the air. And all this is clearly caused by humans. .

According to scientific studies and historical knowledge, there was once an ice age (some will say there is stil an ice age) and a substantial part of the earth was covered by ice and snow. Over time, the “climate changed” and resulted into what we have now. Since the climate is never static, that means it will continue to change, so if human civilization suddenly goes extinct, nature will still take its course.
Fact is there is little that can be done to change the course of nature but you guys seem to think you can stop the climate from changing.

If the polar icecaps melt and release the carbon, then we go extinct if we can't adapt. If the conditions on earth once caused those carbons to be frozen without human intervention, those same carbons can be unfrozen and released without human intervention, so why worry about someting you can't control?

EvilBrain1: There are plenty of things we can do now to slow down the rate of climate change,

What is the rate now?
How do we slow down the rate?
What rate are we aiming for?
How do we measure the rate?
What is the benchmark?
What is the cost?

EvilBrain1: but american Christian groups and their capitalist friends are determined to block every attempt with lies and propaganda.

The Chinese are currently undertaking a state planned capitalist overhaul of their economy and they are the leading polluters in the world right now. Please tell me how it’s the fault of American Christians and capitalist??
How will the groups you accused slow down the rate of climate change?

EvilBrain1: Believing that we shouldn't worry because some unknown future technology will save us from climate change is almost as dumb as believing God will do it.

You guys can worry all you want; it’s a free world after all. But the fact is, you cannot be “saved from climate change” and the climate will change regardless of your complaints and fears. You can say it’s dumb all you want, but the amount of resultant pollution from the production of goods and services is dependent on the technology available. Actions can be taken to curb some of the pollution, but that won’t stop the climate from warming or cooling.

According to scientific studies and historical knowledge, the Sahara hasn’t always been a barren desert. It went from wetlands to the desert we know, approximately 5000 years ago. Was it because of human pollution or was it nature taking its course?

EvilBrain1: For one, technology could just as easily do the opposite and give us even more financial incentives to burn coal and pollute. .
We already burn coal and pollute but financial incentives will result in the technology that will improve on the current one. Efficient and effective regulation curbs the pollution but the effectiveness of the regulations depend on the government and the country.

EvilBrain1: Plus technology is useless when people are determined to pursue short term profit over long term sustainability. .
Okay, we just have to find the middle ground and call it “sustainable long-term profit” but technology is not useless. Profit and sustainability are not mutually exclusive and technology can help achieve both.

EvilBrain1: No matter what fancy tech we invent, there will always be a quick and dirty way to push the real costs of your business on others while keeping the profits to yourself. .
That’s why capitalism is and should be regulated by governments. An efficient and effective government acts as a referee of sorts to make sure that the producers, workers and consumers are all treated as fairly as possible.
Is it always fair? Of course not, but the best societies strive to make it fair and beneficial to most.

EvilBrain1: And that is the real problem with climate change, its really all about greed and selfishness.

It’s not about greed and selfishness. It's just unfounded fear.

Let’s see how greedy and selfish you are.
Let’s assume the Nigerian government and society suddenly became less dysfunctional;and two foreign companies and two Nigerian companies have decided that it will be profitable to build coal fired power plants in Nigeria.

If built, these four power plants will guarantee that Nigeria has 24/7 power supply and some of the power generated can even be sold to some parts of Cameroun and Benin. 24/7 power supply means economic growth, jobs and a markedly improved standard of living. On the other hand, there will be some pollution from the coal power plants and you’re concerned about climate change.

Should climate change stop the building of those coal fired power plants that will surely pollute or do you want 24/7 electricity and economic growth with some regulation to reduce the negative effects?

Keep in mind that the progressive/liberal yuppies in the West, who lead the climate change complaints, already enjoy 24/7 electricity and government regulation to curb some of the pollution.

Last thing to think about; no matter your choice, the climate will change.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by EvilBrain1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2014
@Martian

Are you really going to pretend that mass extinctions and anthropogenic climate change aren't happening? Seriously?!? Look, if the the anti-evolution zombies have taught me anything, its that no amount of evidence can convince people of a truth they don't want to know. If you really want to deny what the overwhelming majority of climate scientists have acknowledged, then I'm not going to argue with you.

But you need to realize that greedy corporations and religious people are never going to compromise and they're never going to listen. As long as the entrenched interests are able to get religious people to vote the way they want, there will never be any meaningful regulations. Hell even the US banking industry got away with almost tanking the world economy without any significant new regulations not to talk about a distant and nebulous (but much, much worse) threat like climate change.

You need read some right wing news sources and see what your energy industry friends and their Christian sock-puppets are saying. They're not even pretending to give a fúck. The slightest suggestion of regulating these companies gets demonized in the media and shot down in congress. Even Kyoto that barely scratched the surface of what was needed didn't pass in the US. Cap and trade was recently repealed in Australia even though it was clearly working. And the right wing nutters are like "Drill baby, drill!"

The fact that virtually all the experts in the field are panicking and ringing alarm bells should at least make you pause and think. This stuff is happening. We need to deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
EvilBrain1: @Martian
Are you really going to pretend that mass extinctions and anthropogenic climate change aren't happening? Seriously?!? .
Please, give examples of the mass extinction.
“Anthropogenic climate change” is a very sly phrase. The term implies that human activity is the primary driver of climate change. No one is denying climate change; the argument is that you folks are exaggerating the human aspect without much evidence. All the things you say are due to anthropogenic climate change have always happened and will always happen regardless of human activity.
An example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age
EvilBrain1: Look, if the the anti-evolution zombies have taught me anything, its that no amount of evidence can convince people of a truth they don't want to know..
What is the evidence? How do we know the optimal climate? How do we keep the earth at this optimal climate? What do you suggest we do to “slow climate change”?
EvilBrain1: If you really want to deny what the overwhelming majority of climate scientists have acknowledged, then I'm not going to argue with you. ..
No one is denying climate change. If you want to place most of the blame on human activity, provide the evidence.

EvilBrain1: But you need to realize that greedy corporations and religious people are never going to compromise and they're never going to listen. ..

And irreligious people with socialist leanings will never compromise and listen. They’ll rather holler and complain without reason or propose solutions that don't solve anything

EvilBrain1: As long as the entrenched interests are able to get religious people to vote the way they want, there will never be any meaningful regulations. ..
Lol, there are meaningful regulations in America already. Ever heard of the Environmental Protection Agency? The problem with the liberal mind is that there is never enough regulation to satisfy it.
EvilBrain1: Hell even the US banking industry got away with almost tanking the world economy without any significant new regulations.not to talk about a distant and nebulous (but much, much worse) threat like climate change..
There are new regulations and they are been implemented gradually.
e.g. JP Morgan is trying to offload a oil trading business because new regulations requires the company to divest as it could expose them to certain types of oil trading risks, Mutual funds now have to disclose the portfolio holdings to the SEC, over $30 billion in fines levied, new oversight rules for complex financial institutions, increase in the liquid asset holdings to absorb shock etc.
EvilBrain1: You need read some right wing news sources and see what your energy industry friends and their Christian sock-puppets are saying.They're not even pretending to give a fúck. The slightest suggestion of regulating these companies gets demonized in the media and shot down in congress. ..
These companies are already regulated. The questions that should be answered are:
How much more regulation is needed?
What are the costs and benefits of the regulation?
Will the regulations drastically change the climate for the better?
EvilBrain1: Even Kyoto that barely scratched the surface of what was needed didn't pass in the US. Cap and trade was recently repealed in Australia even though it was clearly working. ..

It was repealed because the cons outweighed the pros.
EvilBrain1: And the right wing nutters are like "Drill baby, drill!" ..
And I agree with “Drill baby, drill”. American drilling has reduced the dependence on foreign oil and that’s good for the country’s security and economic interest. The “left wing nutters” can complain about drilling all they want, but I bet they don’t mind the recent stability in gas prices.

EvilBrain1: The fact that virtually all the experts in the field are panicking and ringing alarm bells should at least make you pause and think. This stuff is happening. We need to deal with it.
How do we deal with? How will our actions “slow climate change”? Out of all carbon emissions that can be measured, what is the percentage of human caused carbon emission ?
Re: Nigeria And It's Horde Of Fake Pastors!!! by logicboy01: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Martian:
Please, give examples of the mass extinction.
“Anthropogenic climate change” is a very sly phrase. The term implies that human activity is the primary driver of climate change. No one is denying climate change; the argument is that you folks are exaggerating the human aspect without much evidence. All the things you say are due to anthropogenic climate change have always happened and will always happen regardless of human activity.
An example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

What is the evidence? How do we know the optimal climate? How do we keep the earth at this optimal climate? What do you suggest we do to “slow climate change”?

No one is denying climate change. If you want to place most of the blame on human activity, provide the evidence.

And irreligious people with socialist leanings will never compromise and listen. They’ll rather holler and complain without reason or propose solutions that don't solve anything

Lol, there are meaningful regulations in America already. Ever heard of the Environmental Protection Agency? The problem with the liberal mind is that there is never enough regulation to satisfy it.

There are new regulations and they are been implemented gradually.
e.g. JP Morgan is trying to offload a oil trading business because new regulations requires the company to divest as it could expose them to certain types of oil trading risks, Mutual funds now have to disclose the portfolio holdings to the SEC, over $30 billion in fines levied, new oversight rules for complex financial institutions, increase in the liquid asset holdings to absorb shock etc.

These companies are already regulated. The questions that should be answered are:
How much more regulation is needed?
What are the costs and benefits of the regulation?
Will the regulations drastically change the climate for the better?

It was repealed because the cons outweighed the pros.

And I agree with “Drill baby, drill”. American drilling has reduced the dependence on foreign oil and that’s good for the country’s security and economic interest. The “left wing nutters” can complain about drilling all they want, but I bet they don’t mind the recent stability in gas prices.

How do we deal with? How will our actions “slow climate change”? Out of all carbon emissions that can be measured, what is the percentage of human caused carbon emission ?

Guy, e be like say you dey chop stock market/wall street money from somewhere wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol / Sinning Intentionally and Sinning Unintentionally as a Born-again. / The Trinity Disproved! A Quinternity Found Instead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.