Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries (9075 Views)

Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills / NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Mynd44: 5:04am On Sep 29, 2014
The Lagos State Chairman of the Nigerian Medical Association, Dr. Tope Ojo, has appealed to the state Governor, Babatunde Fashola, to use his office to ensure that the August and September salaries of doctors under its employ are paid.

He made the appeal at a news briefing organised by the association in Lagos on Sunday.
Ojo said that it was unfair that the Lagos State Government had withheld the emoluments of its doctors for the month of August and September as a punishment for their involvement in a nationwide strike called by their parent body, the NMA.

It would be recalled that doctors, under the aegis of the NMA, had embarked on a nationwide strike on July 1, over issues of relativity and other appointments of key officials in the sector.

He said that all the states of the federation and the FCT had complied with the general agreement that led to the suspension of the 55-day old strike to pave the way for peace and further negotiations except the Lagos State.

Ojo said, “It could be recalled that the NMA, after series of negotiations with the government, some of its demands were met.The sacking of resident doctors was reversed and all outstanding emoluments had been paid as agreed which led to the suspension of its strike action.
“It is worrisome that till date the Lagos State Government has held on to the emoluments of its doctors for August and September. Also, May 2012 salary is being withheld till date in spite of several appeals. This makes Lagos the only state that has not complied with the general agreement.”

Ojo noted that only doctors were been singled out for the no work , no pay policy of the government as members of the other professional associations including Academic Staff Union were paid their salaries in spite of the fact that they had embarked on a six months nationwide strike.

He noted, “The LASU ASUU, LASPOTECH ASUP and judiciary workers did not suffer the same fate following the suspension of their recent industrial action. Their salaries were not withheld. We don’t want to believe that the governor is being unfair to doctors.”

Ojo said that the association had met with the House of Assembly, the Commissioner for Health and had written two letters to the governor for a peaceful resolution all to no avail.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nma-appeals-to-fashola-over-unpaid-salaries/

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 29, 2014
i know this 2nd term of BRF he just want to embezzle some big amount of money!!!!

mtcheew

7 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Grinder: 5:06am On Sep 29, 2014
this penquin abi Penguin.... shocked shocked shocked shocked.,,I am watching you..Anywaiz..Back to the topic... NMA shey... Dat was exactly one reason i didnt go to naija to practice... I no even think am to write naija primaries.... I just write USMLE step exams..And when i pass everything.. grin grin grin grin Money just dey enter from Residency till now... GUess my salary.. wink wink wink wink We dont talk in naira..we talk in dollars....LORD GRINDER HAS SPOKEN.... tongue tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Obynomusik: 5:07am On Sep 29, 2014
grin
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 29, 2014
Hmmmm doctors are humans with families too. The goverment should give them what they deserve. God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by drjay1(m): 5:08am On Sep 29, 2014
Hmmmm... Fashola and doctors part2
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by pricelessmr: 5:08am On Sep 29, 2014
This is why I don't fancy state government job.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by koxi: 5:10am On Sep 29, 2014
Moderator, I no dey understand you again o!
Na every tin wey u hear/see u go just dump here for us to dey talk about? No let us vote u comot ooo!
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:11am On Sep 29, 2014
The repercussions when Drs go on strike are greater than other professions, people actually die.
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by PapaNnamdi: 5:11am On Sep 29, 2014
BRF on panick loot

i laff in japanese kiochong.kiochong.kiochong.kiochonggrin

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:12am On Sep 29, 2014
It would also be unfair to blame lagos without hearing its own side of the story. Since it was a national issue and it had been resolved, I dont see any reason the state govt should withhold their salary. However,the doctors should look for other ways to resolve their grievances each time the have problems with the authorities. Life has no duplicate.

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Burger01(m): 5:13am On Sep 29, 2014
penquin: i know this 2nd term of BRF he just want to embezzle some big amount of money!!!!

mtcheew
Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by lilprinze: 5:13am On Sep 29, 2014
The government should better pay them their salary after roll they have called of the strike and resumed work.
So they have to start begging the government to pay them their salary, I know those pigs have started looting their salaries already.

3 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by theiks: 5:15am On Sep 29, 2014
Hmmmm OK
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by naturally: 5:15am On Sep 29, 2014
Abeg pay them their money, let them go n buy sallah ram

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by amakufrancis(m): 5:17am On Sep 29, 2014
av they paid their dept?
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Fringes(m): 5:19am On Sep 29, 2014
There we go again...

Owing life savers their basic pay pack.

How does that motivate the professionals to give their best? Or to remain in the country where they are grossly undervalued?

Many of us need to hear from the Nigeria Immigration Services - as well as the administrative departments of Universities with medical doctor graduates.

The grim truth is that:

Our good doctors are leaving the country on a fresh unprecedented scale. The brain drain has assumed an unimaginable level in 2014 since the NMA Strike.

It is well!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by sirjohnson(m): 5:20am On Sep 29, 2014
So they have to beg to get paid abi

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 29, 2014
penquin: i know this 2nd term of BRF he just want to embezzle some big amount of money!!!!

mtcheew
he will pay them jor. He s just waiting for the interest on it as the money dey sit for bank... money in politics at this period is crucial o !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by englishmart(m): 5:30am On Sep 29, 2014
What? shocked up till now?

No wonder daddy has been acting funny these days

6 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Gboliwe: 5:30am On Sep 29, 2014
“It is worrisome that till date the Lagos State Government has held on to the emoluments of its doctors for August and September. Also, May 2012 salary is being withheld till date in spite of several appeals. This makes Lagos the only state that has not complied with the general agreement.”
undecided
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by englishmart(m): 5:34am On Sep 29, 2014
Fashiola can handle that.
Just incase he can't, that's their own lookout.
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Aromas: 5:37am On Sep 29, 2014
Eko koni baaje

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by VantagePoint: 5:38am On Sep 29, 2014
The strike was called off before the month of September. Why is Fashola doing this?
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by chinex276(m): 5:39am On Sep 29, 2014
Docs huh? No comment

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by timilehing(m): 5:40am On Sep 29, 2014
Nigerian Governors, doing daylight robbery since 1960

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by evidentlife: 5:41am On Sep 29, 2014
JOHESSU STRIKE LOADING........90%
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Chaleeee: 5:43am On Sep 29, 2014
Then NMA should do what it knows how to do best. GO ON STRIKE!!!! Ode doctors. Whya have they not gone on strike yet
When you abuse a thing, it looses it's values.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by odepacy: 5:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Governor fashola wit he's own problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confirm If A Product Is Nafdac Registered Online / Drinking Of Your Urine (urinotherapy): Health Benefits / Nigerians Must Prepare For Possible Ebola Outbreak - Toyin Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.