Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? (12251 Views)

English Gurus!!! How Was Your Day Or How Is Your Day? Which Statement Is Correct / 'at 1pm' Or 'by 1pm'? Which Is Correct? / Which Is Correct; 'change' Or 'balance'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by Libkid(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2014
Please nairalanders.i have heard people using the two words during business transaction but i dont know which one is correct.is it my change or my balance ? E.g conductor can i have my change or conductor can i have my balance
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by naturally: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2014
My remainder grin

@post, I think balance is more appropriate. Change can mean smaller denomination of d amount given
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by TRADELYN: 10:50am On Sep 29, 2014
grin grin grin

This is the right way to use them:
Your 'change' is the difference in the cost of product/service and the actual money given to the seller.

While 'balance' refers to the rest of your change after giving you part of it. For example, your change is #700, but you were first given #500. This means that your 'balance' is #200.

1 Like

Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by vizkiz: 10:54am On Sep 29, 2014
aboki, whey my "change"

This money never complete na...abeg give me my balance jawe angry
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by davdandam(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2014
All this one na story I use this all the time and it works like magic. ....ogbeni where my money and he'll be like alaye calm down lol.
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by vizkiz: 10:56am On Sep 29, 2014
TRADELYN: grin grin grin

Your 'change' is the difference in the cost of product/service and the actual money given to the seller.

While 'balance' refers to the rest of your change after giving you part of it. For example, your change is #700, but you were first given #500. This means that your 'balance' is #200.

smileyawesome..."My change" is still the best answer...cuz you can talk to some errand boy like "keep the change" not "keep the balance" that doesn't even sound right
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2014
My balance is appropriate,my change is grammatically wrong in the context you are using it.

1 Like

Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by princealbashir: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2014

You get sense.

1 Like

Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by Abbey2sam(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Change or balance depending on the context
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by darlingnuel(m): 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Libkid: Please nairalanders.i have heard people using the two words during business transaction but i dont know which one is correct.is it my change or my balance ? E.g conductor can i have my change or conductor can i have my balance
In this context (of currency or cash), 'change' would mean "The balance of money received when the amount you tender is greater than the amount due" Example: you could say: I paid with a twenty Naira and pocketed the change.
"Balance" (in ds context) implies "Equality between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account". It's usage is most appropriate for accounting. Thus, "change" is the appropriate word when u re referring to an everyday transaction
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by braine(m): 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2014

Correct. Thread Closed.

1 Like

Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by Ayomi088(m): 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Balance me my change
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by ifaoni(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
whatever.
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by Isychrist(f): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
My change
Re: My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct? by makkitush: 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2014

nice one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer / How Much Do You Pay As Your Sch Fees{university} / Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.