Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! (16076 Views)

Obasanjo, Tinubu Not Yoruba Leaders – Afenifere / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Dr. Sola Saraki Is DEAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2010
Sarakis are originally from Osun state. The first Saraki in Kwara was a Muslim cleric and that's how they got a foothold in Kwara State. Word!! You guys don't know shit about your own politicians while I'm here getting all their informations off Caucasians studying Africa for economic gains, phucked!!!
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by tpiah: 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2010
getting all their informations off Caucasians

i tire!!

some whites know AND UNDERSTAND more about african history than africans themselves.

And no, i'm not talking about the shady pseudo-theories but the real thing.

maybe because the serious ones among them look at the general picture instead of bits and pieces.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by tpiah: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2010
btw sjeezy i've noticed you keep saying you're not originally yoruba.

where are your forefathers from?
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by seanet02: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2010
they will soon said SANGOBIYI IS TIV
ILLITERATE NAIRALANDERS
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by tkb417(m): 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
seanet02:

they will soon said SANGOBIYI IS TIV
ILLITERATE NAIRALANDERS
they wil soon said shocked shocked shocked

and to u some are illiterates?

dang!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by EzeUche22(m): 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
You answer your father's identity, not your mother's identity.

If I would answer my mother's name, I would be considered an Ibibio, not an Igbo. But I am an Igbo man.

Saraki is a Fulani.

Even if he has Yoruba blood in him, he will always answer his Fulani name. We go by father descent, not mother descent.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by tkb417(m): 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^
nonsense
so saraki is a fulani name?

wtf

u dont know saraki is like a title in yoruba land?

apart from the sarakis in Ilorin, who else in fulani land right from 00000000000000001 BC ever answered the name saraki?

so how is the name fulani? u wanna explain?

they all bear sola, gbemisola, bukola?
dang again!!!

lest i forget, what paternal fulani name do they bear since all those yoruba names are maternal

hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by EzeUche22(m): 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2010
He is a Fulani.

Get over it. He sees himself as a Fulani. The man wants to distance himself from you Yorubas.

I have Aro Igbo cousins with Ibibio surnames, but they are Igbo. The same goes for Saraki. Call him a Yorubaman and he will call you a goat.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22:

He is a Fulani.

Get over it. He sees himself as a Fulani. The man wants to distance himself from you Yorubas.

I have Aro Igbo cousins with Ibibio surnames, but they are Igbo. The same goes for Saraki. Call him a Yorubaman and he will call you a goat.

ok hes a fulani so lets make sure hes president when the norths turn comes around.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by tkb417(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2010
@Ezeuche
i agree he calls himself a fulani man and that his great grandfathers came from Mail to settle in Ilorin

but who listens to such a trecherous political warlord whose interests is just how to dominate and dominate

if he didnt align with the North, he'll probably be a nobody

but how does a malian bear Saraki

he is a fraud. we all know what names they answer in Bamako

sidibe, kanoute, traore, fofana and co

Saraki as a name was prominent in the old oyo empire. All the silly stories hes dishing out were formed when he wanted to be relevant in the political scenes in Nigeria. Now, he should be man enought to own up to his silly lies
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by tkb417(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22:

He is a Fulani.

Get over it. He sees himself as a Fulani. The man wants to distance himself from you Yorubas. I have Aro Igbo cousins with Ibibio surnames, but they are Igbo. The same goes for Saraki. Call him a Yorubaman and he will call you a goat.

he wants to distance himself from yorubas and yet when he was denied schorlarship , he knew how to run to Lagos

how come he didnt live in Kano or kaduna or practice his medical profession in the North

why did he choose to prosper in Lagos?

he must be a maggot
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
tpiah:

btw sjeezy i've noticed you keep saying you're not originally yoruba.

where are your forefathers from?

see when I say my fore father- I am saying literally they are white poturguese but my great grandfathers mother is yoruba, he himself married a yoruba lady ( a Saro ) , my father also married a yoruba lady my mother an (ijebu)

The ladies in my fam like the ones grandmother side are igbo, urhobo and Ewe- but no on cares about where they cam from lol

which is why i say im yoruba- Ive known nothing but to be yoruba and in our family we dont do all that half yoruba stuvs its yoruba or nothing
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by EzeUche22(m): 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
sjeezy8,

That is what you are suppose to do. I do not believe in this half something nonsense.

It gets tiring to say I am half Igbo and half Ibibio. I speak both Igbo and Ibibio, but at the end of the day, I answer my father's name.

You are either one or the other. You can't serve two masters.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
tkb417:

@Ezeuche
i agree he calls himself a fulani man and that his great grandfathers came from Mail to settle in Ilorin

but who listens to such a trecherous political warlord whose interests is just how to dominate and dominate

if he didnt align with the North, he'll probably be a nobody

but how does a malian bear Saraki

he is a fraud. we all know what names they answer in Bamako

sidibe, kanoute, traore, fofana and co

Saraki as a name was prominent in the old oyo empire. All the silly stories hes dishing out were formed when he wanted to be relevant in the political scenes in Nigeria. Now, he should be man enought to own up to his silly lies

What difference does it make really? Kwarans are majority Yoruba and they are proud of it. That is what really matters. Unlike ibos who are trying to turn Ijaws to ibos by force!!
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22:

He is a Fulani.

I like that he calls himself a fulani- I WOULD VOTE FOR HIM TO BE PRESIDENT IF FASHOLA DOESNT RUN.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22:

sjeezy8,

That is what you are suppose to do. I do not believe in this half something nonsense.

It gets tiring to say I am half Igbo and half Ibibio. I speak both Igbo and Ibibio, but at the end of the day, I answer my father's name.

Fine, let others answer their father's name as well. It's not your place to tell them what their fathers name should be, is it?
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2010
ezeuche-

you know dat everyone says that the Obi of onitsha is bini right?

He has never denied it either.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by AloyEmeka5: 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22:

sjeezy8,

Dangerous combo. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by AloyEmeka5: 5:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
Aigbofa:

What difference does it make really? Kwarans are majority Yoruba and they are proud of i[/b]t. That is what really matters[b]. Unlike ibos who are trying to turn Ijaws to ibos by force!!
Since when? and what is the relationship between Yoruba kwarans being proud of their identity and Igbos forcing Ijaws to become Igbo?
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by AloyEmeka5: 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2010
tkb417:

he wants to distance himself from yorubas and yet when he was denied schorlarship , he knew how to run to Lagos

how come he didnt live in Kano or kaduna or practice his medical profession in the North

why did he choose to prosper in Lagos?

he must be a maggot

You need to feel this man. Many people from border states have identity issues, same with Badagry, Ondo, Delta, Edo, etc . So, it's not only Kwara. Saraki on the other hand is a politician, he allows the wind to blow him towards a place that favors his political agenda.Remember during his presidential campaign, he runs his ad as Alhaji Saraki with no first name attached to it so  in the north, so that Northerners will clear off any Yorubaness hovering around him . In the SW, he ran as Chief Olusola Saraki and in the South East and SS, he ran as Dr Olusola Saraki.

It is all politics bro, the real full names of the River state governor are  ROTIMI chibuike AMAECHI because his mother is Yoruba. But recently, he technically changed it to Chibuike Amaechi and killed the ROTIMI in his name due to politics. All of a sudden, he is no more Rotimi as he is well known and he now assumes his middle name instead. Right now, if you call him Rotimi, he will behave like he didn't hear you.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by sjeezy8: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2010
saraki isnt the only one tho

in Kogi Governor Ibrahim Idris goes by Govenor Ibrahim Idris but his real name is Governor "Ibrahim Idris ADEJO"

Not really a big deal- If Saraki runs for president and campaigns the SW will get a FULLL ear of yorubaness.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Since when? and what is the relationship between Yoruba kwarans being proud of their identity and Igbos forcing Ijaws to become Igbo?

My comment was directed at EzeUche, he knows what I'm talking about. Pls calm down before you rupture a vein.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by AloyEmeka5: 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2010
Aigbofa:

My comment was directed at EzeUche, he knows what I'm talking about. Pls calm down before you rupture a vein.

So what are you talking about. Ezeuche's name is neither Igbo nor Ijaw.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

So what are you talking about. Ezeuche's name is neither Igbo nor Ijaw.

I quoted EzeUche, not you. Now, will you let it rest?
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by tkb417(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You need to feel this man. Many people from border states have identity issues, same with Badagry, Ondo, Delta, Edo, etc . So, it's not only Kwara. Saraki on the other hand is a politician, he allows the wind to blow him towards a place that favors his political agenda.Remember during his presidential campaign, he runs his ad as Alhaji Saraki with no first name attached to it so in the north, so that Northerners will clear off any Yorubaness hovering around him . In the SW, he ran as Chief Olusola Saraki and in the South East and SS, he ran as Dr Olusola Saraki.

It is all politics bro, the real full names of the River state governor are ROTIMI chibuike AMAECHI because his mother is Yoruba. But recently, he technically changed it to Chibuike Amaechi and killed the ROTIMI in his name due to politics. All of a sudden, he is no more Rotimi as he is well known and he now assumes his middle name instead. Right now, if you call him Rotimi, he will behave like he didn't hear you.
i feel you bro
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by mrmayor(m): 9:27am On Aug 25, 2010
Amaechi's mother is a fool blooded Ikwerre woman, no Yoruba blood in him. I use to think same that his mother must be a Yoruba name because of the Rotimi name till I saw the woman a couple of months back.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by T9ksy(m): 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
My people, there's no need for name-calling na. The man identifies himself as a fulani and he's proud to be a fulani. He associates with the northern elite and runs kwara state like his personal fiefdom. What progress has he brought to kwara state? Just as what progress has the northern oligarchy who perceieve the whole nigeria as the estate of their great grand father, Usman dan fodio, brought to the whole nation? Zilch, and here we are calling each other names on their behalf. The fulanis see you all as conquered people and treat you as such. they have no loyalty to the nigerian state rather they bear allegiance to their nomadic religion- islam which was used as a ruse to subjugate you all. Notice how the fulanis in sudan with the aid of the janjawid are practising genocide on black africans(who are the indigenous people) in southern sudan? Yet, some of you are saying, you don't give a toss where the man is from as long as he runs the state of kwara, progressively.

Listen up folks, the interests of the fulanis and that of black africans runs parallel to each other and we all know that two parallel lines will never ever meet.I suggest you guys should go and research why there are no indigenous black people in Egypt or North Africa. Then and only then can someone tell me that they don't care if a fulani man who sees himself as a fulani man is placed in charge of his father's land. what good do you expect such a person to bring to your enclave? None.

At this rate, the arabs (fulani) will soon take over west africa as they have already done to North Africa, East Africa and some parts of Soth Africa. Wake up my brothers and smell the blasted coffee!! Arabs hegemony in Africa is worse than the european's. Remember, they have been taking slaves from Africa right from the inception of their blasted religion in 632AD. The Europeans didn't get to our shores until the 14th century.  Under the guise of spreading their insidious religion, they have been massacring us and taking the rest of our Black African brothers and sisters to their slave markets in Marrakesh, Tripoli, Casablanca etc. Some African countries with muslim majorities are still practising slavery as recent as 2000AD.!!!

I will leave you all with a quote culled from The Parrot of October 12, 1960, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premier of the Northern Region said the following:

[/b][/i]"This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grand father, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future"[i][b]
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by seanet02: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2010
tell me where you find bukola in fulani dictionary? ignorance at its best
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by T9ksy(m): 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2010
tell me where you find bukola in fulani dictionary? ignorance at its best

Na wa 4 u guys, here.why can't you peps have a simple discourse without being downright rude?
okay "Mr Einstein", you win o! The sarakis are yorubas who just happens to associate with the Northern elite.
Re: Gov. Bokola Saraki Is Not Yoruba! by raumdeuter: 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
really?.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News :boko Haram Sets Conditions For Ceasefire / How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him / Dino Melaye Live On Skynews, says UK banks aid corrupt politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.