Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? (19657 Views)

Which Of These Statements Will Make A Student Jump Up / Please Which Of This Statements Is The Most Appropriate / 'at 1pm' Or 'by 1pm'? Which Is Correct? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Supposing SomeOne called you,and you
Missed The call; Please Which One of
These
Sentences Is Correct??
A. I saw your Missed Call
B. I saw My Missed Call
C. I saw The Missed Call
D. I Missed Your Call
Re: Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by MrPeaceman(m): 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
D. I missed your call.
Re: Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
I called your miss

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by Kentnickole(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Iamsynord: Supposing SomeOne called you,and you
Missed The call; Please Which One of
These
Sentences Is Correct??
A. I saw your Missed Call
B. I saw My Missed Call
C. I saw The Missed Call
D. I Missed Your Call

All the options above are correct depending on the contextual usage.

I saw YOUR missed call:
In this sense, you are explaining to your caller that you were not wt your phone or busy to pickup the call at the time he/she called.

I saw MY missed call:
In this context, you are either answering the question- "You didnt see your missed calls, did you?" or explaining to the person closest to you at that particular time.

I saw THE missed call:
In this case, you are so objective and definit, hence you employed the use of a definit article- "the". You are either explaining to your caller or closest person to you or both at thesame time.

I missed YOUR call:
As in "I saw YOUR missed call" as explained above.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 29, 2014
A & D
Re: Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Kentnickole:

All the options above are correct depending on the contextual usage.

I saw YOUR missed call:
In this sense, you are explaining to your caller that you were not wt your phone or busy to pickup the call at the time he/she called.

I saw MY missed call:
In this context, you are either answering the question- "You didnt see your missed calls, did you?" or explaining to the person closest to you at that particular time.

I saw THE missed call:
In this case, you are so objective and definit, hence you employed the use of a definit article- "the". You are either explaining to your caller or closest person to you or both at thesame time.

I missed YOUR call:
As in "I saw YOUR missed call" as explained above.

Regards.

Bro are u an English graduate Nice analysis

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lol..I called ur miss ke
Re: Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by highbee2013: 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
D. I missed your call is the most correct statement when writing formally.
The reason is that, according to grammatical rules there is nothing like MISSED ÇALL, the MISSED in the statement is not an adjective it is a verb and the function of the verb is to state the action in a statement but not to qualify. MISSED CALL the call has been qualified with a wrong adjective which leads to common error and usually used by the people. These is major reason for that.
I Missed your call is a veracious statement when writing formally.
Re: Which Of These Statements Is Correct??? by alphaconde(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2018
why didnt this make the front page

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Becomes UNIOSUN Teaching Hospital / Aminu Sheu: Osun Polytechnic Student Slumps, Dies After Writing Examination / Ten Types Of Invigilators You Will Meet In The University/Polytechnic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.