Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children (7706 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / How My Stepsister And Her Husband Tricked Me And Took Egg From My Ovaries / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by elampiro(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Breaking the Silence: Redefining Marriage Hurts Women Like Me - and Our Children

by  Janna Darnelle
within Marriage

September 22nd, 2014

Every time a new state redefines marriage, the news is full of happy stories of gay and lesbian couples and their new families. But behind those big smiles and sunny photographs are other, more painful stories. These are left to secret, dark places. They are suppressed, and those who would tell them are silenced in the name of “marriage equality.”

But I refuse to be silent.

I represent one of those real life stories that are kept in the shadows. I have personally felt the pain and devastation wrought by the propaganda that destroys natural families.

The Divorce

In the fall of 2007, my husband of almost ten years told me that he was gay and that he wanted a divorce. In an instant, the world that I had known and loved—the life we had built together—was shattered.

I tried to convince him to stay, to stick it out and fight to save our marriage. But my voice, my desires, my needs—and those of our two young children—no longer mattered to him. We had become disposable, because he had embraced one tiny word that had become his entire identity. Being gay trumped commitment, vows, responsibility, faith, fatherhood, marriage, friendships, and community. All of this was thrown away for the sake of his new identity.

Try as I might to save our marriage, there was no stopping my husband. Our divorce was not settled in mediation or with lawyers. No, it went all the way to trial. My husband wanted primary custody of our children. His entire case can be summed up in one sentence: “I am gay, and I deserve my rights.” It worked: the judge gave him practically everything he wanted. At one point, he even told my husband, “If you had asked for more, I would have given it to you.”

I truly believe that judge was legislating from the bench, disregarding the facts of our particular case and simply using us—using our children— to help influence future cases. In our society, LGBT citizens are seen as marginalized victims who must be protected at all costs, even if it means stripping rights from others. By ignoring the injustice committed against me and my children, the judge seemed to think that he was correcting a larger injustice.

My husband had left us for his gay lover. They make more money than I do. There are two of them and only one of me. Even so, the judge believed that they were the victims. No matter what I said or did, I didn’t have a chance of saving our children from being bounced around like so many pieces of luggage.

Full story here: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2014/09/13692/
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by lomaxx: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
With all the curves and poosies in the world, what beats me is why a man would give up his anus to another man to phuck!! It beats me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by DickDastardly(m): 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
The world keeps getting sicker
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Eneze1(f): 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gays and lesbians are curse to the human existence

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by paul288yahoo(m): 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
pray
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
1.) he pretended to be in love with this woman when he was actually attracted to other men.

2.) he was deceiving her for the number of years that they were married that he was something he actually isn't

3.) he obviously was having extra-marital affairs

4.) he caused the breakdown of the marriage

And for something reason this assh*le of a judge thinks it would be in the best interests of the children to give such a deceitful person sole custody of the children. She better appeal to this rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by JEITO: 9:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gross!!! One of The worst thing you can do to a child, is allow him to be adopted by gay couples. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by cococandy(f): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
She was actually the wronged party here.
That judge is closet gay for him to make such a biased judgement.

He was cheating on his wife that should count for something.

Anyway this story seems 'doctored'
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by soulglo: 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
cococandy: She was actually the wronged party here.
That judge is closet gay for him to make such a biased judgement.

He was cheating on his wife that should count for something.

Anyway this story seems 'doctored'

She had to have done something to not get primary custody. I don't believe her

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by freecocoa(f): 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
There's no way this story is entirely true.

4 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by nwaobitex: 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
eiya angry
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by cococandy(f): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
soulglo:

Yep. Most def.

You're the mom(primary care giver)
Hubby cheats on you,
Hides his sexualityy from you(deception),
And finally divorces you when you should be the one divorcing him

And then the court gives him the kids because?

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Babygal4eva(f): 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
soulglo:

What ever she did as long as it wasn't murder doesn't justify the judges decision , the mother almost always gets primary custody except in extreme cases so this is just pure bias.

I hope she appeals this decision.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by soulglo: 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Babygal4eva:

What ever she did as long as it wasn't murder doesn't justify the judges decision , the mother almost always gets primary custody except in extreme cases so this is just pure bias.

I hope she appeals this decision.

Really? As long as it's not murder? Thank God that there's a justice system that has a higher expectiond of parents
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
freecocoa: There's no way this story is entirely true.

This is what I also think.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Feraz(m): 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
For some reason, I find this story funny!!

I guess more of this kinda story is to be heard now that the world has accepted ish like this. . . cry
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 01, 2014
The heart of man is full of wickedness..

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by DukeNija(m): 3:20am On Oct 01, 2014
cococandy:
Yep. Most def.

You're the mom(primary care giver)
Hubby cheats on you,
Hides his sexualityy from you(deception),
And finally divorces you when you should be the one divorcing him

And then the court gives him the kids because?

because the judge is Gay, or there's something we've not been told.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 01, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 01, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by cococandy(f): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2014
I won't do much except ask you were you ever saw my post saying fathers are primary care givers.
The way some of you wax mischievous all over the place can discourage anyone from wanting to interact meaningfully with you.
Asking fathers to become more involved with their kids now means mothers are no longer primary care givers?
undecided undecided

Or saying a man who demands financial help from his wife should also try and contribute his quota in the home keeping front now makes him the primary care giver.

It's really a stressful endeavor trying to talk sense with folks who DELIBERATELY want to misunderstand you.

I hope you enjoying amusing yourself.
Nonso23:
grin grin The way you say A on one thread and B on another is really amusing. Mother = Primary care giver now abi? Because divorce is involved. Whatever happened to your gospel of 'stay at home dads' as primary care givers to the child. This una 'victim' chant is very amusing.

Chai! Una don see ojoro wey pass una own. grin
NO. That isn't how the judge will interpret the above. The gay man can make a case of self preservation - (protecting himself from the attack of society. A very strong case for homosexuals BTW) and also claim to have considered his homosex condition as something he had to protect his family from and deal with his own way. Which he did for 10 solid years without cheating. Yes he did not cheat. The court upholds the principle of ''Innocent till substantial evidence proves you guilty''. From the story, e sure me say wifey no get shishi to put forward as evidence else she definitely would have so he was a faithful husband.... smiley

The Judge was impressed with his case. I would be too, if i were in his shoes.
The truth is everything you and Mondisweets listed are very insufficient to launch even a feeble appeal in homosex tolerant countries.

He's in a better position to take care of them in the eyes of the law not forgetting his LGBT rights too. grin

The story doesn't look doctored at all. It's just not the norm you women are used to regaling yourselves with.

Maybe now you'll feel the pain of men who lose their kids and half their fortune in a very peaceful divorce. Messy divorce, anybody
Enjoy your Independence day celebrations.
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 01, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by phadat(m): 8:16am On Oct 01, 2014
disgusting what is it with some men being gay , I can't quite wrap my head around it
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Nonso23:

The Judge was impressed with his case. I would be too, if i were in his shoes.
The truth is everything you and Mondisweets listed are very insufficient to launch even a feeble appeal in homosex tolerant countries.

He's in a better position to take care of them in the eyes of the law not forgetting his LGBT rights too. grin

The story doesn't look doctored at all. It's just not the norm you women are used to regaling yourselves with.

Maybe now you'll feel the pain of men who lose their kids and half their fortune in a very peaceful divorce. Messy divorce, anybody
Enjoy your Independence day celebrations.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2014/09/13692/

My ex-husband and his partner went on to marry. Their first ceremony took place before our state redefined marriage. After it created same-sex marriage, they chose to have a repeat performance. In both cases, my children were [size=14pt] forced—against my will and theirs [/size] to participate.

USA Today did a photo journal shoot on my ex and his partner, my children, and even the grandparents. I was not notified that this was taking place, nor was I given a voice to object to our children being used as props to promote same-sex marriage in the media.

My children are brought to gay parties where they are the only children and where only alcoholic beverages are served. They are taken to transgender baseball games, gay rights fundraisers, and LGBT film festivals.

My daughter suffers too. She needs a dad who will encourage her to embrace her femininity and beauty, but these qualities are parodied and distorted in her father's world. Her dad wears make-up and sex bondage straps for Halloween. She is often exposed to men dressing as women. [size=14pt] The walls in his condo are adorned with large framed pictures of women in provocative positions. [/size] What is my little girl to believe about her own femininity and beauty? Her father should be protecting her sexuality. Instead, he is warping it.

[size=14pt] My son is now a maturing teen [/size] ,and he is very interested in girls. But how will he learn how to deal with that interest when he is surrounded by men who seek _sexual gratification from other men?

I guess the appropriate thing to do is to say screw the children rights and the mother's parental rights, so long we take revenge for every man that has lost custody to their children in a peaceful/messy divorce. undecided

This men violated these children's rights by forcing them to participate in something they had a right to choose to or not to attend. He forced them to attend a ceremony THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE PART OF, all in a bid to get publicity.

He went on to use them as his guinea pigs to get publicity, again the best interests of the children was violated.

He builds a 10yrs marriage on deception and obviously has extra-marital affairs during his marriage and for some reason such a person is deemed fit to have sole custody of his children who are not for his union in the first place.

No man or woman who is fit and proper to have sole custody of his/her would take underage children to bars or force them to go to gay film festivals. You cannot force or impose your sexual orientation on your children, its their choice to make whether they want to be part of _homosexuals society or not.

Lets say screw these children's right to freedom of choice and association so long we use them to get revenge on every woman out there that got sole custody of her children, thats all that matters. Whether actions of parentals are psychologically detrimental to the children or not, its not their decision to make, so long the gay father gets what he wants. Your judgement based on sentiments is far much more important than the protection of the best interests of the child cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by cococandy(f): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nonso23:
No. But i see a very fitting equivalent in the name of your 'house husband policy/stay at home dads'.
Then I ask myself: Who becomes primary care giver to a child in such a home?
The 'stay at home parent' obviously.
Reconciling the above conclusion and your first paragraph (read previous post) is where the problem lies.

I don't preach the house husband/stay at home dad message.I only state that I understand it if the woman makes more money and the man can't cater for the family if she doesn't work. Hence it becomes something they HAVE to do because that what suits their style and will ensure their survival. I bet you expect me to be unrealistic like most of yous are and root for keeping the traditional roles in cases where it is not productive to do so.

The emboldened. I see more house-husband gospel than 'be more involved in your child's upbringing' from you. Although both of them seem like paraphrased substitutes when critically appraised. Approaching it from that angle automatically erodes the notion that the mother is the primary care giver and installs the house-husband in her place. That is my point.

only to dane people will it seem so. Gender roles are still defined pretty much. That's why moms get the kids and dads are made to provide in case of a split union and even in most marriages. They are only reassigned or SHARED by the couple THEMSELVES within their marriage if they see it as their best option in that circumstance.

I don't know of any great marriage where the couples make 'demands' of each other though. I think dialogue and consensus' is more appropriate.

you believe in dialogue and consensus? Yea. I could say we are on the same page or I could just try to be mischievous like you and say that all your NL post history favors dictatorship. Even if you say otherwise. Who will spank me for DELIBERATELY miscontruing your opinions?
No one. Just like you're doing now.

It is very amusing and i'm enjoying myself. grin grin
Why the personal attacks by the way?? Oh. It's easier to ignore the latter portions of my post by employing the misdirection tactics.
Anyway, your 'shifting of goalpost' style is more or less a regular now.

well you find it amusing. I don't. So please next time you're looking for cheap fun,quote people who don't mind repeating themselves even when you choose not to get it. And until you provide a link to a post that I said men should be regarded as primary care givers same as women(unless the couple decides by themselves to do so),your goal shifting phrase will keep appearing like the joke that it is.

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by cococandy(f): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mondisweets:

I guess the appropriate thing to do is to say screw the children rights and the mother's parental rights, so long we take revenge for every man that has lost custody to their children in a peaceful/messy divorce. undecided

This men violated these children's rights by forcing them to participate in something they had a right to choose to or not to attend. He forced them to attend a ceremony THEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE PART OF, all in a bid to get publicity.

He went on to use them as his guinea pigs to get publicity, again the best interests of the children was violated.

He builds a 10yrs marriage on deception and obviously has extra-marital affairs during his marriage and for some reason such a person is deemed fit to have sole custody of his children who are not for his union in the first place.

No man or woman who is fit and proper to have sole custody of his/her would take underage children to bars or force them to go to gay film festivals. You cannot force or impose your sexual orientation on your children, its their choice to make whether they want to be part of _homosexuals society or not.

Lets say screw these children's right to freedom of choice and association so long we use them to get revenge on every woman out there that got sole custody of her children, thats all that matters. Whether actions of parentals are psychologically detrimental to the children or not, its not their decision to make, so long the gay father gets what he wants. Your judgement based on sentiments is far much more important than the protection of the best interests of the child cheesy
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by SAMBARRY: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
I didn't bother to read the long piece of nonsense because I don't want to be nauseated however to cut the long story short he divorced his wife because the woman didn't want to get down with aenal sec so the other man was ready to give him hid anus.full stop.next

2 Likes

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by GSKing: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
This is what happens when people are forced to stay straight because society says, agrees and expects you to be heterosexual.

A lot more down low people exist.

That man had two options, a chance to breathe in fresh air, or die in the suffocating farce of a conventional marriage he found himself.

Yes to Marriage Rights!!!

No to nairaland quoting bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cococandy

What do you have to say to GSKing point

The man was being forced by society to conform hence d deception

Can't u see he was d victim
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by cococandy(f): 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
Lame excuse.

One could as well ask why he married. He would have just kept having strings of girlfriends to conceal it.

Which society? Their pro gay society forced him to conform?
pickabeau1: Cococandy

What do you have to say to GSKing point

The man was being forced by society to conform hence d deception

Can't u see he was d victim

Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by pickabeau1: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
cococandy: Lame excuse.

One could as well ask why he married. He would have just kept having strings of girlfriends to conceal it.

Which society? Their pro gay society forced him to conform?

The anti gay society
Before it was decriminalized....did u not read d post before mine

Seems u r on attack mode
Re: Her Husband Divorced Her For His Gay Lover - Then Took Their Children by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Second Income Source Online Steps Not Tutorial / In The Spirit Of Christmas, Please Stop Child Abuse/bullying / Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.—

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.