Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up (48388 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Five Things Guys Have Been Using To Melt Ladies Heart / Some Very Silly Things Guys Should Stop Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 30, 2014
*Compiled By Chinenye Ugonna For PREMIUM TIMES*

I got lots of requests to write the male version of what girls do after a break up. After lots of interviews, I came up with a few behaviours guys exhibit after a break up. It turns out that guys are not as hard hearted as we think.

1. CRYING: Believe it or not, they do not only cry at funerals, they cry for babes too. Quite a number of guys are guilty of this.
Most of them come out doing “Odi eshi” (Igbo slang for ‘not bothered’). But the reverse is the case for a guy who cry after a heart break especially if he was in love with the girl.

2. STAY INDOORS: For some people, they cannot handle going out and people are asking where his babe is. The truth is, you can’tbe explaining to everyone. So some guys who can’t handle the heat avoid friends and events where they might see the ex or where people who knew them as a couple might be. Meanwhile some guys go the opposite direction.

3. HANGING OUT A LOT: This also occurs often. Guys do this because they need to take their minds off the good times they shared with the ex. The kissing and hugging, the hanging out on the beach, movie dates etc. So to avoid thinking a lot, they channel their energy into something else.

4. STALKING: From the interviews, I found that guys do this too. This is not the usual scary stalking. This is the subtle kind using social media to find out how the ex is faring, dressing to kill to go for events because you know the ex-girlfriend would be there, and other little things involved.

5. DRINKING: We all know some guys quit smoking or drinking because of a girl they fell in love with. But as soon as the relationship is over, they are back to old habits. They know they do not have to answer to anyone anymore or feel guilty. Alcohol and cigarettes tend to be their consolation so they drown and choke in it.

6. SULKING: Yes, I said sulking! Some guys actually sulk when they are sad. After all the hanging out with friends, partying, drinking and loads more, they still end up alone withtheir thoughts. Back to square one! Trying to figure out where it went wrong. That is when sleep refuses to show up. Even after counting the ceiling a thousand times, they still can’t stop thinking of her. Even if some guys won’t agree with this, I am sure some others can relate.

7. STARE AT THE GIRL’S PICTURE: Personally, I found this hilarious! I didn’t know guys actually did this. I guess ladies aren’t the only softies in this world then.

8. ALL BABES ARE THE SAME: Obviously, it is after bad breakups you start to hear thingslike this. No matter how nice the girl is, they do not want to believe she is different from the next girl.
No mercy on the babes after a heart is broken. So in retaliation moves, he would start plotting to break the hearts of as many girls as possible! Just kidding but you get my drift!

9. CALL THE SECOND OPTION: It’s after they break up with their girlfriend, that they remember the other babe who liked them but they couldn’t date, because they were in a relationship. She becomes his new besty. He startsto tell her he likes her and boom!They go on from there. But this isnever a good fortune for the girl because she ends up being the rebound. No girl likes to be on that end of the rope.

10. TRY TO ACT LIKE THEY DON’TCARE: This is typical amongst guys. They put up a front so they do not get dissed by their friends.They try to hide that they are really softies. Some even go as far as dating their ex’s friends or a hotter babe just to get back at her.Things we do for love!!! At the end of the day, it is all based on the maturity of the guy. Sometimes it works out negatively, and sometimes positively. Choose your path!

SOURCE: PREMIUM TIMES---------------------------------

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/168717-10-things-guys-do-after-a-break-up.html

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by adrainuche(m): 12:07am On Sep 30, 2014
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by chelseabmw(m): 12:08am On Sep 30, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Mosjentle(m): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2014
okay.. m guilty of 7,10. ..otan.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 30, 2014
I will update this place tomorrow.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by thrizzle(m): 12:22am On Sep 30, 2014
lol 3,7,8 & 10 .. crying is for possies I never cry just occasionally I get an eyelash in my eye after a break up.. weird stuff

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Baddestguyp(m): 12:42am On Sep 30, 2014
I'm guilty of 3 and 7
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 30, 2014
Good to know that guys can also have heartbreak.

I thought they are made of stones and iron?

Never knew they can break.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by amakufrancis(m): 1:21am On Sep 30, 2014
number 3 got me laughing. grin
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 1:35am On Sep 30, 2014
So true.

Especially forming Mr nice guy to a girl you don't have crush on before.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 30, 2014
I need to start preparing.

Which one make I choose first sef?

I guees crying would be nice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 30, 2014
Hp this get to where it is detined to be.. FP

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by ayukdaboss(m): 2:15am On Sep 30, 2014
Abeg what is the poster above me talking about?? grin grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 30, 2014
crap. tongue
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by marieolae(f): 2:25am On Sep 30, 2014
Hmm. Noted.
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by ibrews: 2:26am On Sep 30, 2014
Like wah da 4Ucqk?......LIES

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by cupidFlint(m): 2:27am On Sep 30, 2014
marieolae: Hmm. Noted.
Stop noting and go to bed Sweet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by CharlieMaria(m): 2:28am On Sep 30, 2014
Lemme read first...will comment later.
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:29am On Sep 30, 2014
11. Activate Nwa Baby Mode: Break at least one heart every one month grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by deoluwatinto(m): 2:31am On Sep 30, 2014
smiley smiley
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by sammieguze(m): 2:31am On Sep 30, 2014
Lol......

Ok....ok... am guilty of some of these too
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 30, 2014

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by koxi: 2:32am On Sep 30, 2014
U break up wit ur girlfriend and u cry.....as a guy? ! shocked
Den u must be a real vegetable man.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by elspycey(m): 2:33am On Sep 30, 2014
@op, you did not add working hard and making a lot of money to impress your ex

52 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Desdola(m): 2:33am On Sep 30, 2014
And no 11, after all these they move on. No time

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by seunoni34(m): 2:37am On Sep 30, 2014
Guilty of 2,10,4,8,9
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Nobody: 2:38am On Sep 30, 2014
Who have been embarrassing the male gender?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Mintayo(m): 2:38am On Sep 30, 2014
Cry ke? Untop wetin??:/

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by ChiSun27(m): 2:39am On Sep 30, 2014
On point...but na the reboundssssssss dey sufa am pass.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by Elnino4ladies: 2:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Space booked.
Re: 10 Things Guys Do After A Break Up by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Did I hear u say Guys
@ Op most guyz call 4 party self after break up not all ds u mention here!!!!

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gets Mercedes Benz S Class As Birthday Gift From Boo (pics) / “I Need A Husband Who Wears Gucci And Drives Ferrari” - Nigerian Lady Says / Ladies, 8 Characteristics Of A Stingy Guy On First Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.