Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,173 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. (2461 Views)

Is It Wrong To Help Your Boss With His Or Her Bag? / Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? / What Did I Do Wrong?pls,tell Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 5:00am On Sep 30, 2014
please linear and benevollic advise is highly welcomed. i am an ND graduate of food technology from one of the rennowed federal polys in the south eastern Nigeria with an outstanding grade.After my 1 year I.T i decided to go in for direct entry due to the HND,BSc disparity in the course of my attachment.2012 i opted for OAU but was not admitted ,still chose them back 2013 all effort was futile.2014 i decided to increase my chances i picked two de forms going for unn and u.i this time i was penalized by jamb by picking two forms with both application cancelled.Am just tired although not regreting my decisions(BSc) anyway but the fact remains am not finding it easy emotinally ,age not being on my side again am 24 by dis yr ending.the prompt in my mind remains"where have i gotten it wrong" pls i need your candid advice and cintribution tanx.
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by Ladycloud(f): 5:22am On Sep 30, 2014
awwww! my dear u just hv to keep trying! everyfn happenz for a reason....maybe God has beta plans for u

1 Like

Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 6:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Ladycloud: awwww! my dear u just hv to keep trying! everyfn happenz for a reason....maybe God has beta plans for u

tanks.
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by HelloT: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2014
Keep trying... don't give up.
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by TochiPhotos(m): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2014
xtian234: please linear and benevollic advise is highly welcomed. i am an ND graduate of food technology from one of the rennowed federal polys in the south eastern Nigeria with an outstanding grade.After my 1 year I.T i decided to go in for direct entry due to the HND,BSc disparity in the course of my attachment.2012 i opted for OAU but was not admitted ,still chose them back 2013 all effort was futile.2014 i decided to increase my chances i picked two de forms going for unn and u.i this time i was penalized by jamb by picking two forms with both application cancelled.Am just tired although not regreting my decisions(BSc) anyway but the fact remains am not finding it easy emotinally ,age not being on my side again am 24 by dis yr ending.the prompt in my mind remains"where have i gotten it wrong" pls i need your candid advice and cintribution tanx.
You know what? just forget about what has happened and move on. Buy a jamb form against next year, do your research and choose the Uni of your choice if you think you can beat their cut-off. But first things first, study hard and make sure you have a good jamb score. Stop worrying about age bro, contrary to what people might make you believe, you're still a baby boy forget that other youngins might make you feel you're old. Bro stop comparing yourselfs to those who graduated at 21 or 22, different paths. Believe in yourself and don't care about what other people think cos most times, people don't actually give a damn or think about you but you might think, hey! they are laughung at me bla bla bla.

Bros at 24, you're still beginning your life, you are in the phase where you make mistakes, just learn from them and stop seeing yourself as the 24 year old without a Bsc but a 24 year old with an ND and great plans ahead... forget about the past and forge ahead. don't let people make you feel like shi..t forget about your past failures with jamb, dust yourself and go get that BSc.

You are still a baby boy don't forget that.

7 Likes

Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
Am grateful sir..... tanx a million .frankly speaking this is cold feet advice Am convinced i get to move on

1 Like

Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
TochiPhotos:

You know what? just forget about what has happened and move on. Buy a jamb form against next year, do your research and choose the Uni of your choice if you think you can beat their cut-off. But first things first, study hard and make sure you have a good jamb score. Stop worrying about age bro, contrary to what people might make you believe, you're still a baby boy forget that other youngins might make you feel you're old. Bro stop comparing yourselfs to those who graduated at 21 or 22, different paths. Believe in yourself and don't care about what other people think cos most times, people don't actually give a damn or think about you but you might think, hey! they are laughung at me bla bla bla.

Bros at 24, you're still beginning your life, you are in the phase where you make mistakes, just learn from them and stop seeing yourself as the 24 year old without a Bsc but a 24 year old with an ND and great plans ahead... forget about the past and forge ahead. don't let people make you feel like shi..t forget about your past failures with jamb, dust yourself and go get that BSc.

You are still a baby boy don't forget that.

Its wonderful in my sight ... i tank you all for the candid advice i received from this forum. i have been admitted to kano university of science and technology ... man gets to go on .
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by ivyT(f): 1:24am On Dec 18, 2015
Personally,i dont think oau shld b an option again.
Most students that get in still struggle with academics at d end of d day,coupled with multiple unreasonable strikes nd 8months hiatus b4 going to serve...i tire

1 Like

Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by Bakare19: 6:56am On Dec 18, 2015
ivyT:
Personally,i dont think oau shld b an option again.
Most students that get in still struggle with academics at d end of d day,coupled with multiple unreasonable strikes nd 8months hiatus b4 going to serve...i tire
The hiatus before going for service is everywhere and not identical to Ife. But like you said, the multiple unreasonable strikes, borne out of exuberance from both the students and the mgt, is enough to give one migraine.

Congrats @op on the admission.
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by ivyT(f): 10:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Bakare19:
The hiatus before going for service is everywhere and not identical to Ife. But like you said, the multiple unreasonable strikes, borne out of exuberance from both the students and the mgt, is enough to give one migraine.

my dear,its nt 'most' schs,they are just few and i was particular about ife because he mentioned oau
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 11:36pm On Dec 19, 2015
Bakare19:

tanks a bunch
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Well if getting a BSc is what you want then you have to pick up another form when they are on sale.

You have to prepare for these exams as well.

I understand you want a Bsc. instead of a HND. That is quite understandable in Nigeria.

You probably finished your OND before 2012. Did you try to do anything with it? Just curious.

Also you have an option of studying part time while you are working. But this is easier said in Nigeria.

So the thing is to set your mind on what you want and work hard towards it.

Also note that there could be other schools easier to gain entry into and which you might find pleasantly interesting.

Thing is you have to graduate, go for NYSC before you start job hunting. By that time you will be 29/30.

If I was a HR person hiring I will have questions about how you spent between getting an OND and completing your BSc.

They can be curious. Make sure you have a good answer.

Good luck in your quest.

2 Likes

Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by Emmaesty(f): 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
dabriggs:

Well if getting a BSc is what you want then you have to pick up another form when they are on sale.

I understand you want a Bsc. instead of a HND. That is quite understandable in Nigeria.

You probably finished your OND before 2012. Did you try to do anything with it? Just curious.

Also you have an option of studying part time while you are working. But this is easier said in Nigeria.

Also note that there could be other schools easier to gain entry into and which you might find pleasantly interesting.

Thing is you have to graduate, go for NYSC before you start job hunting. By that time you will be 29/30.

If I was a HR person hiring I will have questions about how you spent between getting an OND and completing your BSc.

Good luck in your quest.

He has already gained admission into Kano state University na
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2015
Emmaesty:
He has already gained admission into Kano state University na

Ha ha..well thanks.

His post did not say so.
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by Emmaesty(f): 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
dabriggs:

Ha ha..well thanks.

His post did not say so.

xtian234:

Its wonderful in my sight ... i tank you all for the candid advice i received from this forum. i have been admitted to kano university of science and technology ... man gets to go on .
grin grin grin
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
Emmaesty:
grin grin grin

Ha ha ha....

Oh good for him then.
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2015

Good luck in your quest.

i got the area you ae going. i'm currently working with a bank as a teller so that experience is counting for me ....though i shall resign by next year to continue with my degree program

Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 8:43am On Jan 03, 2016

I'm currently working with a bank as a teller... but with the latest development i shall be resigning soon to complete my programme.

Good luck in your quest.

Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by bawz012(m): 8:54am On Feb 07, 2016
xtian234:

baba how did u do it?

utme or De?

which state are u frm and wat yr were u admitted?

pls hep a bro.
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
bawz012:

baba how did u do it?

utme or De?

pls hep a bro.

it was was via directry ... Abia state ..... microbiology
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
bawz012:

baba how did u do it?

utme or De?

pls hep a bro.

If you are interested at KUST
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
bawz012:

baba how did u do it?

utme or De?

pls hep a bro.

If you are interested at KUST You can let me know bro
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by bawz012(m): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
xtian234:

If you are interested at KUST You can let me know bro
i am ooo. via Direct Entry pls
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
bawz012:

i am ooo. via Direct Entry pls

what your course and the grade you graduated with
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by bawz012(m): 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
xtian234:

what your course and the grade you graduated with
Architecture, Upper credit
Re: Where Have I Gotten It Wrong?pls An Advice Is Needed. by xtian234(m): 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
bawz012:

Architecture, Upper credit

you are good to go just reach me on 08067935930 xtian for update

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Recruitment 2016 / 50 Most Influential Young People In Enugu State / Chevron Skills Test Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.