Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,884 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

The World's Thinnest Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The World's Thinnest Phone. (3789 Views)

/ Top 10 World's Thinnest And Slimmest Tablets - 2014 [Pics & Videos] / World's Thinnest Phone Is 6.18mm By Huawei (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World's Thinnest Phone. by lakunle1love(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
The world’s thinnest phone, as certified by the Guinness Book of Records, is now on sale in the United States. It’s called the Blu Vivo IV and, at 5.5 millimeters, it’s considerably more svelte than the 6.9-millimeter iPhone 6 and the newly released 6.7-millimeter Samsung Galaxy Alpha.

Blue Vivo IV

It also has a 5-inch, 1080 pixel by 1920 pixel Super AMOLED display, and a 1.7 GHz octa-core processor. All of that comes for $299 without the need to sign a contract. Sound too good be true? Well, it does have a few drawbacks. First, forget 4G LTE coverage; this is strictly a 3G phone. It also lacks the latest version of Android, coming with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean instead of 4.4 KitKat, and only comes with 16 GB of storage. It’s not the world’s most powerful phone and its camera won’t win any awards. Still, at $299 ( ₦49,000 approximately)

1 Share

Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by lightoftruth: 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ok good to know .........moving on.
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Nsonaso(m): 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
lakunle1love: The world’s thinnest phone, as certified by the Guinness Book of Records, is now on sale in the United States. It’s called the Blu Vivo IV and, at 5.5 millimeters, it’s considerably more svelte than the 6.9-millimeter iPhone 6 and the newly released 6.7-millimeter Samsung Galaxy Alpha.

Blue Vivo IV

It also has a 5-inch, 1080 pixel by 1920 pixel Super AMOLED display, and a 1.7 GHz octa-core processor. All of that comes for $299 without the need to sign a contract. Sound too good be true? Well, it does have a few drawbacks. First, forget 4G LTE coverage; this is strictly a 3G phone. It also lacks the latest version of Android, coming with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean instead of 4.4 KitKat, and only comes with 16 GB of storage. It’s not the world’s most powerful phone and its camera won’t win any awards. Still, at $299 ( ₦49,000 approximately)

It might also interest you to note that it's the re-branded version of GiONEE elife s5.5

1 Like

Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Flye: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nsonaso:

It might also interest you to note that it's the re-branded version of GiONEE elife s5.5
I think it is the latest Gionee elife s5.1
Gionee is thesame thing as blue in America. How ever gionee produces phone for so many brands all over the world.
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by hatux: 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
Wow
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
this phone will break like crackers biscuit
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by 100Cents: 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
I see...

Which one is Samsung Alfa ?
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Mention(m): 11:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
Get ready for a #BreakGate or #SmashGate hashtag soon
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Mention(m): 11:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
francleanflexy: this phone will break like crackers biscuit
Lol
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Exjoker(m): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
Another bengage device ready to enter market. Btw why is there news about people returnin their iphone 6 back to apple?...Apple knows were them match ground o
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by bobo65(m): 3:29am On Oct 01, 2014

break like iPhone 6 u meant? grin
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by bobo65(m): 3:33am On Oct 01, 2014
Exjoker: Another bengage device ready to enter market. Btw why is there news about people returnin their iphone 6 back to apple?...Apple knows were them match ground o

see
y would ppl be in long queue to buy a phone worth almost 200k?
apple is a company that surpasses all others
very stylish n unique

imagine infinix also yabbing iPhone cos of the bendage ish

infinix made a phone with mad specs and sold it for just 23k yet they didn't sell half the quantity iphone sold

in other news
iPhone producers are next generation thinkers

no mind all these China gionee Tecno and d rest
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by esshman(m): 7:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Another bendgate scandal looming! The phone looks slikky tho! Vivo Blade!
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by timilehing(m): 7:54am On Oct 01, 2014
Watch your lingo dude. it should be slimiest not thinnest

1 Like

Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Exjoker(m): 8:15am On Oct 01, 2014
bobo65:

see
y would ppl be in long queue to buy a phone worth almost 200k?
apple is a company that surpasses all others
very stylish n unique

imagine infinix also yabbing iPhone cos of the bendage ish

infinix made a phone with mad specs and sold it for just 23k yet they didn't sell half the quantity iphone sold

in other news
iPhone producers are next generation thinkers

no mind all these China gionee Tecno and d rest
I talk say make u insult chinese phones o cuz chinese phone been the help Naija guys since 1960
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by tonychristopher: 8:23am On Oct 01, 2014
lakunle1love: The world’s thinnest phone, as certified by the Guinness Book of Records, is now on sale in the United States. It’s called the Blu Vivo IV and, at 5.5 millimeters, it’s considerably more svelte than the 6.9-millimeter iPhone 6 and the newly released 6.7-millimeter Samsung Galaxy Alpha.

Blue Vivo IV

Mine is better using a Motorola droid RAZR so tiny and comes in amoled body with designed suede back and its 4g

So this one you talk ain't the world finest
Mine is in same league with lenovo
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by tonychristopher: 8:24am On Oct 01, 2014
Mine is slimmer

Droid RAZR
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by epoxide(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2014
Nsonaso:

tell am jor
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by bobo65(m): 8:56am On Oct 01, 2014
Exjoker: I talk say make u insult chinese phones o cuz chinese phone been the help Naija guys since 1960

Lol
u get plenty point
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Gionee has a 5.1inch fone
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by amakufrancis(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2014
lol....
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by sundayerhun(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2014
GET YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED AT A CHEAPER AMOUNT

After many requests, I decided to do this. I have reduced significantly the costs of getting your book online. However, this cost slash would end Friday 10th of October. The new costs are:

1) Amazon Kindle- Now #3,000
I believe that is even too cheap for getting your book on the largest ebook market in the world. In this, you get:
~ Editing
~Cover Design
~Publishing
~Interview
~Author Central Account
~Promotion on blogs and website
~Reviews
Hurry!

2) Smashwords - Now #10,000
I have a book on smashwords, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me.
Your book is available on:
• iTunes
• Barnes$Noble
• Kobo
• Smashword site
• Scribd
• Sony Books
•Etc

You also get benefits available if you choose the Amazon Kindle Package.

3) Okadabooks - Now #2,500

Your book is available to the Nigerian audience. This is big!
You get:
>Editing
>Cover
>Marketing

If I were you, I'd put a call or email across today before the COST SLASH expires.
You don't have to delay publishing that book anymore.

Call: 08164041005.
Email: sundayerhun@gmail.com

You'd be glad you took this step!
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
Whistling...

Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by tbaby534(f): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice
Re: The World's Thinnest Phone. by lakunle1love(m): 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
timilehing:
Watch your lingo dude. it should be slimiest not thinnest

Owk,

Noted

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Are Bloody Liars: Don't Fall Victim / Don't Delete Your Important Files Because Of Low Storage Space, Try This.. / How To Access Twitter In Nigeria Via VPN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.