Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,283 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Independence Day Quotes - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Independence Day Quotes (14155 Views)

Nigeria's 55th Independence Day Game / Independence Day Speech In Kannada Language 2015 | 15 August Speech In Kannada / Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Erotex(m): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2014
Lord teach the President to judge with your righteousness
Share with him your own justice, so that
He will rule over your people with wisdom
And govern the oppressed with righteousness.

Happy independent day Nigeria #GodBlessNigeria@54

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day Quotes by soloxxng: 8:13am On Oct 01, 2014
pabon: Coming back to comment
space booking....

I see u jare
Re: Independence Day Quotes by penny01502: 8:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Curruption and injustice in an independent nation, is simply puting human lives in independently bondage.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by AMADU77: 8:18am On Oct 01, 2014
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day Quotes by soloxxng: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2014
AMADU77: smiley
I love Google

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Princesschi(f): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2014
I believe in Nigeria. I wont give up on her. God bless my Nigeria. We will most definitely get there.

Re: Independence Day Quotes by soloxxng: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2014
smiley wink
Re: Independence Day Quotes by tubabainc(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2014
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US
We have come a long way as a nation despite the apparent differences in our cultural,tribal,religious and political configuration and a sickening lack of courageous and selfless leaders.
Our resilience as a people has more than the personal efforts of any mortal driven continously the ship of the nation notwithstanding the indifference to our plights on the part of our leaders.
The founding fathers never envisaged the doldrums in which we have found ourselves.All the key sectors of the nation are decayed or dead.The sense of patriotism which is an outflow of our social cohesion is almost dead.
The folks who have been entrusted with driving the ship of our nation have continously and continually failed in their roles and responsibilities and that ship is now at the edge of the precipice.
Corruption is at an all-time high and culprits are even shamelessly celebrated.The insecurity that we see today is the end product of failed leadership at all levels and overtime and is well symptomatic of a failed state rather than the perceived notion of being a tool to distabilize a particular administration.
At every point in our lives and our politics have we had the chance to rewrite our history.Our leaders have always attempted to buy our destinies and have succeeded hitherto but that is as far as it can get if this ship will not sink.
The coming year affords us one of such opportunities.The chance to create change all over the nation and across board.The chance to send those who have failed our collective electoral trust and elect men of integrity and character.
We cannot continue to base our chances on the primordial sentiments of having no shoes,of crocodile tears on national television,of faith,tribe or colour.We must take our destinies in our hands and know very well that #they don't really care about us.
Tosin Yemi Olayinka writes from Central Business District,FCT,Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Endougs(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy #Independence #Day To My Great Nation NIGERIA.

#NIGERIA Is Just A Name Without Me And You Let't Put Aside Our Religious Belief And Build A Better NIGERIA.

LONG LIVE FEDRAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by tusticks(m): 9:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Bennyberry: The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.WHY CAN'T OUR LEADERS nd even CITIZENS SACRIFICE? Naija stand up
Naija stand up ke, wen u ar typing dis msg while sitted
Re: Independence Day Quotes by 2kris(m): 9:45am On Oct 01, 2014
First of all today is my girl birthday lol and i want to use thes medium to say.....great things happen to pple who dont give up in the fight of freedom,unity,love,peace and above all tribalism we shall get there nigeria............and for my lovely,prettiest,admirable,gf i wish u llnp,good health,happy days above all peace of mind in what ever u do @ esther love u very plenty lol we shall get there
Re: Independence Day Quotes by festico: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2014
lets come togather in unity of purpose and make Nigeria stand firm among her contemporaries bcus naija is d only country we have

Re: Independence Day Quotes by festico: 10:01am On Oct 01, 2014

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 01, 2014
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS?
YES, WE ARE ALL GENIUSES. CHECK OUT THE STORIES OF GENIUSES on www.ebiag.com now and be challenged too.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by perfectcrush(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2014
You have freedom of speech, but freedom after speech, that I can't guarantee. "Idi Amin"
Re: Independence Day Quotes by tuffgongjo(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria,a country that is not Independent in its true Definition,with the "Kleptocracy"been practiced by our leader I doubt if we will be truly Independent.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by kenex4ever(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Bennyberry: The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.WHY CAN'T OUR LEADERS nd even CITIZENS SACRIFICE? Naija stand up
Edit ur copy n paste small. We r nt in America
Re: Independence Day Quotes by kenex4ever(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2014
Let's join hands 2geda in making the struggles of our heroes past a reality, let all tribes unite in building a greater nigeria, it seems we've succeeded in building our home(nigeria) in d air all these years, we need not destroy it, I think dats the right place it should be, let's just put foundations on it.
Nigerians in diaspora should also join in dia own ways in moving dis great nation 4ward, we've got no oda place we can call HOME let's fix our HOME.
Let's stop ethnicity because our diversity is d beauty we have as a nation n dat makes us UNIQUE.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by mustymatic(m): 10:53am On Oct 01, 2014
May the Almighty bring Peace, Prosperity and Progress To Our Land #Nigeria...Amen
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2014
[size=8pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Bennyberry(m): 11:04am On Oct 01, 2014
kenex4ever:
Edit ur copy n paste small. We r nt in America

only a fool refuse to tak reverence of oda nations,no wonder u continue to be demoralized.#ODE
Re: Independence Day Quotes by ThugBoy(m): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2014
[s] Without FREEDOM,NO ONE
REALLY HAS A NAME
FREEDOM IZ NOTHIN BUT A
CHANCE TO BE BETTER
LEt FREEDOM NEVER PERISH
IN YOUR HAND...... solItude Iz IndependenT
one FLAG,ONE LAND,ONE H
ART, ONE HAND...... HaPPy
IndependenT DaY ...green WHIte
green.....homie s...[/s]
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Bennyberry(m): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2014
tusticks: Naija stand up ke, wen u ar typing dis msg while sitted
If only u were educated u suppose knw wetin b idiomatic expression.or phrase.
#i don't accept stupid jokes xo try next door..until we begin to gt serious wit our lives,we are going no where
Re: Independence Day Quotes by kevinaduga(m): 11:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Halleluia!!! Nigeria is 54 and still a unified entity.. despite the predictions of doomsday that have littered our discombobulated existence.. but we have survived...white men came and passed away,we still dey.. the civil war came and passed, we still dey.. military rule came and passed, we still dey.. militancy came and passed, we still dey.. ebola came and passed, we still dey.. boko haram came and is about to pass, we still dey.. religious intolerance came, and it too will pass...corruption came and it too will pass... insecurity too will pass..poverty will be finally defeated.. infrastructural decay will be defeated.. Nigeria will rise, like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, to take our rightful place in the comity of nations.. cos it's apparent that this nation is God's own nation.. we are the lamp of the world, to illuminate the way for other aspiring "third world nations ". I'm proud to be a Nigerian. I'd rather be dead than be something else.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by RooftechConsult: 11:22am On Oct 01, 2014
Together we are a great nation

Together we are great people

Together we stand as one #Unique

Together we are NIGERIA

Happy independence day

Roof tech Consult
rooftechmigerialtd@gmail.com
www.rooftechconsult.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Independence Day Quotes by veltany: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2014
did you say we are independent. I cant remember the last time we are independent
Re: Independence Day Quotes by nnamdizen(m): 11:36am On Oct 01, 2014
PapaNnamdi: *drops plate of abacha*

making independence a sentence of consciense, prevents lugrubious dependence to conquer science.

*carries abacha and continues eating without sending anybody*
Daddy pls dont finish the food o, am hungry grin
Re: Independence Day Quotes by nnamdizen(m): 11:49am On Oct 01, 2014
Freedom of the mind is the greatest indipendence anybody can ever have... Say no to the mind captivity called RELIGION(say yes to christ), say no the dirty game called POLITICS(say yes to democracy), say no to individualism, self centerdness, marginalisation and currupt practices in NIGERIA, then we can have an indipendence day worth celebrating.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by JurassicPark: 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
A man is not old until Regrets takes the place of his Dreams. The #Nigeria dream is still alive

@54, Happy Independence day!!

Re: Independence Day Quotes by BankuTilapia2: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
A good nigerian is a DEAD ONE grin grin grin
Re: Independence Day Quotes by soloxxng: 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
BankuTilapia2: A good nigerian is a DEAD ONE grin grin grin
I doubt u....in all aspects
Re: Independence Day Quotes by ayindejimmy(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
No matter the weather...
Look up
Stand up
And step out.
Happy Independence Day Celebration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Grow Your Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG] / Nigeria @ 59: How Would You Celebrate Our Beautiful Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.