Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,554 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:56 PM

Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date (9677 Views)

#forgetthehustle One Of The Best Rnb Songs This Year / Brymo To Pay N22M Or Remain At Chocolate City Till 2016 / Top Ten New School Rappers From 06 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
A lot of people critizise me when it comes to my stand against Nigeria, especially when it comes to music.
I am not a huge fan of Nigerian music not because i am not patriotic, but because i like to see things for what they are sentiments Apart!!!
Growing up as a kid, i took akin into foreign music, my dad exposed me to it, from my childhood on, i had always been particular about One Sailiant thing when it comes to music
''Lyrical content'' if its hip hop ur doing, let the lyrics sell, if its RnB let the lyrics flow. Big ups to Boys2men,Celindion,westlife,Backstreetboys,chrisbrown,toni braxton and some other random Rnb Artists that rocked my boat while i was but a boy.

Now, growing up as a kid, i had hundreds of RnBs from foreign artistes but from then on, till now i have less than 20 hot RnB tracks from Nigeria. Now, you can help but agree with me on my list. This songs were the best and are still the best of the best from the best artistes. If they were artistes that graduated from schol of RnB even if its that one track. This list exposes them. So sit back n see. Anyways, its gonna Be in no particular order, just as i can remember.

* Sunny Neji-Oruka.
Am a fan of weddings and weding songs, Oruka was a weding banger, the hit track which was sang in an indigenous yoruba language was a couple's favourite. There was hardly no wedding on planet Nigeria even eastern weding or abokis that didnt feel the song, it had a massive airplay, but why? Powerful lyrics, the message was clear, the message was beffiting and absolutely timely.
In a nutshell, ''what God has joined together, let no man put apart''

*wande coal-ololufe
This was the track that even inspired me to come up with this list. I saw a thread yeaterday when someone was asking if anyone remembered this track. Yes yes yes!!! I said with that tiny wande coal voice and also again that outstanding lyrics coupled with the emotion it drived, nah, if u didnt fall in love with this track illd just simply conclude u have down syndrom. Wande coal killed this track, songsllike this always set the mood when a guy wanna press P. Lol

*Tu face- African queen
Some say tuface is uneducated, that he cant speak english, that whenever hes used ''yesso'' to hide his uneducatedness, i alwyas ask myself, does he say that yesso'' through out his tracks?
He may be a man of few words, but hes definately a man of well thought out lyrics and many babies.oops i dint just say that wink
African queen was a hit, was a massive hit, especially across africa, it defined the real african woman and was a booster to all african ladies, that we, the african men loves you the way you are.
But may i use this opportunity to tell that beautiful girl on low cut, infact gorrimapa, i dont like that shiii, pls wear gele next time to cover ur skull plssssss!!!!

*Nel Oliva- baby girl
This track wasnt that popular, but it was a personal favourite, it was an african nigerian track, the most appropriate nigerian track till date that depicts the sad joy that comes upon a father letting his baby girl leave his house in marriage. Its the best father to daughter weding song ever. I personally have this song and illd definately sing it to my daughter on her wedding day.
Watch the video and see the tears in dier eyes and appreciate the content of the track. Its a classic song to me.

*inyanya-love truly
Yeah, this was the track that brought your favourite kukere master into lime light after he won MTNs first ever project fame edition. Listening to the song on his first performance wasnt that awesome, but when the real studio work was done, dis song carry brain abeg. Its still my best inyanya track till date. Well, RnB dosnt sell in nigeria because what Nigerians are actually keeen about is girls shaking their waste sorry waiste. But if its on lyrical content n definatiin of african RnB, love truly it is.

*Flavour-Ada Ada
This would seem to me like a battle of indigenous music in contest with sunny nejis oruka in yoruba language.
This igbo language affiliated track would seem to be the best eastern RnB to me, flavour was on top of watever he was taking when he sang this song, my only ish would be his video, guy, stop being Razz, you dont need to take off ur shirt singing an RnB song, Neyo,miguel and d likes dont, ur spose to be a gentle man. Well bigups on ur track bro, the video was also a gold mine, to me, you were on fire with that work

*Obiwon-oyinye
Just read his intro '' it was late october at the local shop just stoping over, met her there in the heart of the east, mother nature work of heart shes just a masterpiece..........''
Converting that into in his song, you see music in form of a drama, yes he dramatised his song to the end makes you listen and see hoe things will turn out, but sadly, oyinye wasnt a loyal girl, chopped my guys heart into pieces n fried it. Girls are wicked fa cry cry cry.
Anyways, i enjoyed this track a great deal, yet, another RnB artist underground, i heard he became a banker, maybe he still his, but to me, hes still one of my favourite RnB singer.

*Dare-Not the girl
My cousin liked this song like die, it was a masterpiece, brilliance coupled with dares awesome baritone voice, sets the pace for one of Nigeria's hottest selling RnB songs.
Shows the ordeal of a love gone sour, when a girl you love so much changes right before your eyes and is just not the girl u use to know anymore, even at that you try to make efforts to bring her back to her senses but nah, failed course. The emotion in this song depicts what RnB should be like. Its an awesome song. ''I love you the way u are'' is another awesome song from Dare art alade. Yet, hes gone somewhat underground too. How sad.

*Wiz kid- gidi girl
I had a beef on wiz kid when he first came out Lol. Esp that his holla at your boy single, i was like fine boy, rolling with fine girl with fine voice and fine video, durrrrhhh!!!!!
In as much as i hated him, gidi girl couldnt betray the niccur. It was a classic tune with awesome beats to its credit. I put my music on highest volume listening to this, like pls dont disturb me!!!!!!
This followed by ''on top ur matter'' are wizkids finnest tracks to me RnB wise, they have depth, they have lyrics, biggups man, i no beef u again, ave out grown that a long time tongue

* style plus- olufumi
Your childhood was boring musically if u werent a fan of this trio, sifi,tunde and Zeal. Isit, runaway,stay alife, pour a wine, we wanna talk about or the massive olufumi shot at imnternational airport(i was there, true to god) i loved this jamz back in the days, i can remember always beging my neigbour to borrow me their album CD then, and i played the CD till it cracked. Lol. Chai, is it the mastering of all their lyrics i forgot to add? Mehn classic tune i tell you classic.

i have written a lot o, hand don dey peper me, its just like my music diary im letting out. Am a fan of good music, let the lyrics flow brothers, stop telling us Doro means this and that, if u music has depth, we would know what it means, we not dullards, but when an artist wakes up in d morning and the first thing that comes to his mind is skelewu, he wee now go to studio n gwan sing skelewu, for who plis? Oh all thos ewu abi? Smh. Pls you guys should support Good music not just club songs but songs that define what they stand for.
Enough of comercial music abeg

1 Like

Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by rawpadgin(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2014
darey's 'not the girl' remains Nigeria best rnb song ever!
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
rawpadgin: darey's 'not the girl' remains Nigeria best rnb song ever!
Lol. Thank you for reminding me. Of course its one of it.
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Westlife2013(m): 10:02am On Oct 01, 2014
macklef:
Lol. Thank you for reminding me. Of course its one of it.

this one too make sense die ooo Destiny by Smashy classic naija rnb see http://www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Smashy_Destiny.mp3
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Westlife2013:

this one too make sense die ooo Destiny by Smashy classic naija rnb see http://www.360nobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Smashy_Destiny.mp3
Never heard of this, ok lemme dwnld.
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Claroo(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Searching - OJB Jezreel
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Claroo: Searching - OJB Jezreel
Yeah, that 1 too made sense.
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by johncozy(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Op nice one!! i think d reason many pple go into commercial music is to get fast recognition and blow! Cos to be honest this is naija,most pple dont like slow songs. As an aspiring artiste i would say do good music,but let d carrier(beat) be wat pple can just shake a little to.. Like sound sultan would say let 80% be u and 20% be d carrier! lol,commercial music don tire me too but na dier money de enter chap chap for naija! happy independence!!
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Westlife2013(m): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
macklef:
Never heard of this, ok lemme dwnld.
u will love it
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by smartoliver(m): 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
Styl plus-Run away and tuface-true love

1 Like

Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
johncozy: Op nice one!! i think d reason many pple go into commercial music is to get fast recognition and blow! Cos to be honest this is naija,most pple dont like slow songs. As an aspiring artiste i would say do good music,but let d carrier(beat) be wat pple can just shake a little to.. Like sound sultan would say let 80% be u and 20% be d carrier! lol,commercial music don tire me too but na dier money de enter chap chap for naija! happy independence!!
Lool. If u cant beat them, u join them abi? Well, no one say as an aspiring artiste make u no sing gbedu, but atleast have 1/2 tracks with well thought out lyrics we will always remember u for. Peace
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
smartoliver: Styl plus-Run away and tuface-true love
I think african queen made more impact than True love, tho true love is a hit i just picked the best from prolific RnB makers.
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by johncozy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
macklef:
Lool. If u cant beat them, u join them abi? Well, no one say as an aspiring artiste make u no sing gbedu, but atleast have 1/2 tracks with well thought out lyrics we will always remember u for. Peace
yh...dat's true!!
d listeners cause it all tho! they act like 'anything goes'
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by tspun(m): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2014
op you are so on point. All the song you listed are my fav.

Permit me to add

FOREVER BY PAUL PLAY:

The emotion in this song is
raw and uncensored, it
tells an amazing and beautiful
story. It's original and calming ;
yet there's something in the
lyrics that stirs up emotions and
memories.

I just don't know why the young once now see good music as boring song. Presently i now see Nigeria song as noise cant even waste 5kb for any of their crappy song.

I only enjoy their song when i am in the bar or i'm HIGH.
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Vivly(f): 11:00am On Oct 04, 2014
Ada Ada ain't RnB.
Paul Play's Angel of my life remains my best RnB.
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
Vivly:
Ada Ada ain't RnB.
Paul Play's Angel of my life remains my best RnB.
The rhythm of my life, for the one i love, shes always in my dreams, shes my fantacy, the moment i saw u
Walking through that door, girl i knew u were the oneeee.....
Yeah. Its areal jam too
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
tspun:
op you are so on point. All the song you listed are my fav.

Permit me to add

FOREVER BY PAUL PLAY:

The emotion in this song is
raw and uncensored, it
tells an amazing and beautiful
story. It's original and calming ;
yet there's something in the
lyrics that stirs up emotions and
memories.

I just don't know why the young once now see good music as boring song. Presently i now see Nigeria song as noise cant even waste 5kb for any of their crappy song.

I only enjoy their song when i am in the bar or i'm HIGH.
Im tryna place forever by paul play, seems familiar, but i cant just register myself with it yet. smiley
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2014
psquare-- ifunannya,more than a friend, beautiful oyinye,possibility,forever,no one like you... OP not one of these songs is in ur list!!! are u kidding me
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 05, 2014
mrvocalprowess:
psquare-- ifunannya,more than a friend, beautiful oyinye,possibility,forever,no one like you... OP not one of these songs is in ur list!!! are u kidding me
Bro those songs ain't even RnB music, they are pop songs.

My best Nigerian RnB song ever has to go to Ololufe by Wande Coal with that is tiny soothing voice. Damn! That song almost spoiled my replay button angry
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Paroman:
Bro those songs ain't even RnB music, they are pop songs.

My best Nigerian RnB song ever has to go to Ololufe by Wande Coal with that is tiny soothing voice. Damn! That song almost spoiled my replay button angry
they are rnb
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2014
mrvocalprowess:
they are rnb
No they are not angry
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Nmeri17: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
there's a number of them.

tuface - appreciate.
bracket - leader of tomorrow and do as I do.
p square - forever.
wande coal - private trips.
duncan mighty - obianuju (tho i think its dancehall)
wizkid- pakuromo

so many of em
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Agybabe(f): 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
How about Psquare's "Forever" and "Oyi na tu mo" by Flavour and Tiwa Savage?
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
Agybabe:
How about Psquare's "Forever" and "Oyi na tu mo" by Flavour and Tiwa Savage?
Lol. My list was limited. Ok which of the songs will you remove to put your suggestions? U must have listened to the song tho.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
Nmeri17:

tuface - appreciate.
p square - forever.
wizkid- pakuromo

so many of em

R n B oga. U way out of line o.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by LaurinaDavid(f): 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
What about Soty's malaria

1 Like

Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Nmeri17: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
macklef:

R n B oga. U way out of line o.

master please which of them is out of line cry
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by Vivly(f): 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
Nmeri17:

tuface - appreciate.
p square - forever.
wizkid- pakuromo

so many of em
Most of these songs ain't RnB.
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by yoji: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2014
1: One in a million_solid star and 2face

2: sugar cane baby_Jesse jagz

3: African girl_Nayo

4: drift away_lindsey

5: More you_Bez

6: Forever _Paul play

7: onyinye _Obiwon

8: no stars_Dare

9: spiritual healing_2 face

10: rainy days_sound sultan
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
LaurinaDavid:
What about Soty's malaria
Lol. Dear, u can do better na
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by macklef(m): 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
Vivly:
Most of these songs ain't RnB.
Lol. I tire o
Re: Best Nigeria Rnb Songs Till Date by puntersmind: 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
I didn't know it was sang by a Nigerian the first time I heard it.
rawpadgin:
darey's 'not the girl' remains Nigeria best rnb song ever!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Official Video: D’banj – Superstar / Patoranking – This Kind Love Ft. Wizkid (official Video) / MIXTAPE: Dj Integrity – Party Gyration Mixtape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.