Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate America? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Hate America? (3022 Views)

The Countries That Love And Hate America The Most / See How Nigerians Hate Asari Dokubo (pics) / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by lonelydora: 11:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
With the recent comments by Nairalanders on ''First Ebola case in America'', it is obvious that not all Nigerians(in this case, Nairalanders) like America. Is it because of the way they treated Nigeria when they refused us Zmapp or is it just natural hatred??

Mine is because they use propaganda in almost everything they do. But I still love the way the citizens cherish that country.

What are your reason(s) for hating America?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Jennydoris(f): 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
I think the question should be why do AMERICANS hate NIGERIANS?

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by osile2012: 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2014
U should go and ask that question at the US EMBASSY grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Johnolis(m): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
angry
they called our nano silver a pesticide.
They too poke nose and interfere into other countries affairs.
Their presidents behave as if they are the president of the of the world...
They predicted that 9ja will scatter in 2015,are they God?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by lonelydora: 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
osile2012: U should go and ask that question at the US EMBASSY grin grin grin grin grin grin

I understand your plight. How many times have you tried?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by cjrane: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
lonelydora: With the recent comments by Nairalanders on ''First Ebola case in America'', it is obvious that not all Nigerians(in this case, Nairalanders) like America. Is it because of the way they treated Nigeria when we they refused us Zmapp or is it just natural hatred??

Mine is because they use propaganda in almost everything they do. But I still love the way the citizens cherish that country.

[size=15pt]I don't know where you got that idea that Nigerians hate America. I for one, actually love America because in spite of all her flaws its a more humane society than Nigeria.At least they acknowledge their racial problem and try very hard to ameliorate it and make it an intolerable offense to use racial discrimination for work or condition for any service.

But, it must also be said that America often sides with the bad guys when it concerns Africa. Like denying our troops the weapons to fight Boko Haram on bogus excuses and refusing to declare it a terrorist organization until the group did many more despicable atrocities.Almost as though they secretly wished Boko Haram will gain the upper hand. Yet, America will quickly supply weapons to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other dictatorial regimes they imagine are their friends. These double standards reduce the respect America commands.

May be northern Nigerians hate America because of they imagine that because they are muslims, they are somehow "Arabs".
Truth is that Arabs hate black people and particularly northern Nigerians, what an irony!
[/size]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by IdomaLikita: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
SelfRighteousness, Hypocrisy and Double Standards!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 01, 2014
I think it's because of the way they treat Nigerians most especially when we first recorded our first Ebola case, one more thing ,Naturally humans hate being directly or indirectly being dictated.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:00am On Oct 01, 2014
Op,go to American news websites see for yourself the hate comments they make about Nigeria and Africa in general, your question should be the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Raiders: 1:05am On Oct 01, 2014
cjrane:

[size=15pt]I don't know where you got that idea that Nigerians hate America. I for one, actually love America because in spite of all her flaws its a more humane society than Nigeria.At least they acknowledge their racial problem and try very hard to ameliorate it and make it an intolerable offense to use racial discrimination for work or condition for any service.

But, it must also be said that America often sides with the bad guys when it concerns Africa. Like denying our troops the weapons to fight Boko Haram on bogus excuses and refusing to declare it a terrorist organization until the group did many more despicable atrocities.Almost as though they secretly wished Boko Haram will gain the upper hand. Yet, America will quickly supply weapons to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and other dictatorial regimes they imagine are their friends. These double standards reduce the respect America commands.

May be northern Nigerians hate America because of they imagine that because they are muslims, they are somehow "Arabs".
Truth is that Arabs hate black people and particularly northern Nigerians, what an irony!
[/size]
when did US denied the Nigerian government the right to buy weapons? Stop believing all this garbage news from the internet. The Nigerian goverment don't buy weapons from US because they want an easy way to steal and lundary money. Do you think the US government will allow 9 million dollars into their country to buy weapons? The US will sell weapons to the Nigerian government if they are serious about buying weapons from US. Also the reason boko haram wasn't designated a terrorist group at first is because the Nigerian government asked the US not to because it will spoil the Nigeria name abroad. US is not our enemy. They account for over 40% of our Nigeria revenue and they are our biggest oil buyer

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by arresa: 1:10am On Oct 01, 2014
A particular section of Nigeria hate America because of their silliness and ignorance, not the whole of Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by MrKnowitall: 1:12am On Oct 01, 2014
I think most Nigerians hate anything that is good. This has been researched and confirmed. Nigerians prefer to be abused, belittled, and degraded, for the most part.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by naijaking1: 1:18am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigerians don't hate Americans, they're just waiting for a visa to go to Yankee!
Once again, go see for your self at the US Embassy.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by anonimi: 1:49am On Oct 01, 2014
arresa: A particular section of Nigeria hate America because of their silliness and ignorance, not the whole of Nigeria.

Which "particular section" is this
Abeg nor let fear catch you wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 01, 2014
lonelydora: With the recent comments by Nairalanders on ''First Ebola case in America'', it is obvious that not all Nigerians(in this case, Nairalanders) like America. Is it because of the way they treated Nigeria when they refused us Zmapp or is it just natural hatred??

You're reading too much into those comments. It's the typical emotional kneejerk reaction you'll expect from Nigerians. How many of us really think things through? Of course our actions belie our words. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. The rate at which patriotic Nigerians are having childbirths in America should tell u all u need to know. American passport still sure pass.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by arresa: 3:11am On Oct 01, 2014
anonimi: Which "particular section" is this
Abeg nor let fear catch you wink

Ode, do I have to spell it out like you are a little baby? I was talking about you and your kind spewing the same nonsense in this thread...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Lucasbalo(m): 3:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Jennydoris: I think the question should be why do AMERICANS hate NIGERIANS?
What would Americans gain from hating Nigerians ?.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
MrKnowitall:
I think most Nigerians hate anything that is good. This has been researched and confirmed. Nigerians prefer to be abused, belittled, and degraded, for the most part.
and who said we hate anytin good..abeg dey use ur brain d way God want make u use am..thank you
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Litmus: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
LOL, Nigerians hate America, what a laugh. My dear, Nigeria is modeled on America. Nigerians love America to a fault.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by cjrane: 12:42am On Dec 02, 2014
Litmus:
LOL, Nigerians hate America, what a laugh. My dear, Nigeria is modeled on America. Nigerians love America to a fault.

If there is any country Nigerians love, it is America.

Most non-racist American people also love Nigeria. I think the problem is the current American Ambassador to Nigeria that has done everything to promote the differences instead of promoting cooperation. Nigeria will also be better off not putting all her hopes in America. Many other countries in the world such as China can provide exactly the same equipment at even a lower price and conditions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by davo3286: 1:07am On Dec 02, 2014
Raiders:
when did US denied the Nigerian government the right to buy weapons? Stop believing all this garbage news from the internet. The Nigerian goverment don't buy weapons from US because they want an easy way to steal and lundary money. Do you think the US government will allow 9 million dollars into their country to buy weapons? The US will sell weapons to the Nigerian government if they are serious about buying weapons from US. Also the reason boko haram wasn't designated a terrorist group at first is because the Nigerian government asked the US not to because it will spoil the Nigeria name abroad. US is not our enemy. They account for over 40% of our Nigeria revenue and they are our biggest oil buyer

Wrong! US categorically refused to sell arms to Nigeria neither by themselves nor through third-party affiliates. The question is why are they refusing? Which yeye 40% of which yeye revenue, from where you get that yeye figure from? Now is the time we need to recalibrate our diplomatic relationship with the US and have more diplomatic ties with China.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Rizstar: 1:30am On Dec 02, 2014
we hate them because they first hate us
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by whitecat2: 2:40am On Dec 02, 2014
They are full of double standard, they are fake, their every move is calculating and no loyalty in the real sense of it. Prejudice is like their second skin, forget about those smiles, all fakery!

Btw, I don't hate them oo!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by lilbabyak(m): 2:41am On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:42am On Dec 02, 2014
Jennydoris:
I think the question should be why do AMERICANS hate NIGERIANS?
A good 85% of Americans don't know that there's a place called Nigeria on this planet

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by lilflipnerd: 4:14am On Dec 02, 2014
Any Nigerian That Can Tear an American Visa. Is part of the nigerians that hate America...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Truckpusher(m): 4:17am On Dec 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:
So says a failed US marine that is constantly living on military handout to survive ,yet making babies like rats.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by kuuljay(m): 4:47am On Dec 02, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
A good 85% of Americans don't know that there's a place called Nigeria on this planet
. 85%!!! Really? And how many Americans have you met bro?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by tpiah2: 4:51am On Dec 02, 2014
That's terrible, lord have mercy.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Raiders: 5:46am On Dec 02, 2014
davo3286:

Wrong! US categorically refused to sell arms to Nigeria neither by themselves nor through third-party affiliates. The question is why are they refusing? Which yeye 40% of which yeye revenue, from where you get that yeye figure from? Now is the time we need to recalibrate our diplomatic relationship with the US and have more diplomatic ties with China.
why should US sell their latest technology to another country. The specific helicopter that Nigeria requested to buy is an advance. War helicopter and the US government don't want it to fall into the wrong hands. Nigeria should stop depending on other countries. We have the same brain like any American. Its time for the government to start developing technology. We have millions of unemployed graduates that are as good as any American graduate. Its our war and US has its own problems to solve so lets stop depending on them

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by aresa: 6:00am On Dec 02, 2014
arresa:
A particular section of Nigeria hate America because of their silliness and ignorance, not the whole of Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate America? by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 02, 2014
It is mostly on internet forums where paid boosters of the gej administration make noise

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diezani Alison-madueke Return $16 Dollars / Fashola Apologizes Over Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos State / Update On Second Niger Bridge-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.