Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,890 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? (41713 Views)

Truck With Hero Beer Falls In Gboko, Benue State (Photos) / I present to you MY HERO! / Who Is Nigeria's Hero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by himike247(m): 6:46am On Oct 01, 2014
HAPPY CELEBRATION TO FELLOW NL
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by 0merta(m): 6:46am On Oct 01, 2014
"As a leader of the modern cast, Awolowo has left Nigeria standards which are indelible, standards beside which future aspirants to public leadership can be eternally measured. He was firm, articulate, painstaking, and uncompromising. He was, for a long time, the only Nigerian leader who enunciated principles and played down personalities. He was a brilliant political administrator and a most erudite teacher. He not only identified himself wholly with the aspirations of the Yoruba people of Nigeria but also he was able to convince the Yoruba people of Nigeria that he and only he epitomized the highest point of their political aspirations and consciousness. He was loved, he was feared but above all he belonged to the people he professed to lead. At his death I had the singular honour of proposing for him the epitaph that has endured – ‘he was the best President that Nigeria never had’..."

- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1987)

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by cole265(m): 6:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Fela anikulapo kuti
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by elspycey(m): 6:47am On Oct 01, 2014
Dr. Peter Joyreachhouse Oraclegodoam .
Danmaraya Jos.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by godofwar666(m): 6:50am On Oct 01, 2014
My mother
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by gidjah(m): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2014
I HONOUR HER SO MUCH,MADAM PROF DORA.A .RIP my dear mother
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2014
1.Dora Akunyil
2.fr.Adasu
3.Gen.Sani Abacha
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by kunleee(m): 7:03am On Oct 01, 2014
In no particular order
My Past naija heroes/heroines

Tunde idiagbon
Gen. Buhari
Gani Fawehinmi
Adekunle Fajuyi
Abiola Murdered Wife
Dora Akunyuli
Fela Anikulapo kuti
Baba Ikenne Awo
Kanu nwakwo
Victims of june16 2005 oou students/ago iwoye crisis.

Presently MyDad.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Teespice(f): 7:04am On Oct 01, 2014
umaru musa yar'adua.

even in death, he's my hero.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by ITbomb(m): 7:05am On Oct 01, 2014
Dora Akunyili and President Jonathan
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by dan55: 7:05am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by kingthreat(m): 7:08am On Oct 01, 2014
Gen Muhammdu Buhari
Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Obafemi Awolowo
Gani Fahwehmi
Joseph Babalola
Chioma Ajunwa
Rashidi Yekini
Yakubu Gowon

Villians
Emeka Ojukwu
Nzeogwu
Jonathan and his Cabinet
IBB
Abu Shekau
Mikel Obi

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Okudiover(m): 7:08am On Oct 01, 2014
cool cool cool cool My heroes are
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
Fela kuti
Gani

Because all they said about this Quantri (a geographical expression, a fusion of diverse nations) has happened, is still happening and will continue to happen.

All the same happy birthday to the Quantri liegeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tonychristopher: 7:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Odumegwu Ojukwu ...for making the world know that igbos are brave and can take on anybody without minding
Chinua Achebe ..detailing the Biafra war miasma in a unique way and poteaying Anambra and Igbo culture in general to the world
Innosson...for proving that Igbo can build cars
Ngozi Okonkwo obiagelli stella odua Dora akunyilli and this stock exchange woman at the head...they are showing the world the fine administrative skills of Igbo woman

Then my mum..for being there and taking care of us ...rest in peace mum

Dad rest in peace also but mum my hero

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tonychristopher: 7:11am On Oct 01, 2014
kingthreat: Gen Muhammdu Buhari
Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Obafemi Awolowo
Gani Fahwehmi
Joseph Babalola
Chioma Ajunwa
Rashidi Yekini
Yakubu Gowon

Villians
Emeka Ojukwu
Nzeogwu
Jonathan and his Cabinet
IBB
Abu Shekau
Mikel Obi

Craze post
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Alideen14(m): 7:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Asari Dokubo and Tompolo

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by kingthreat(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2014
tonychristopher:

Craze post

One more insult and I descend hell on you as an independence gift

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by princelolly(f): 7:14am On Oct 01, 2014
[b][/b]oviously it Yar Adua dat man z a great Hero....may his soul rest in perfect peace....R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by haymoney01(m): 7:14am On Oct 01, 2014
outstandingsyll: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME cheesy cool ..........and Nigeria. Please follow me on instagram to celebrate with me, promise to follow back. @outstandinggirlsylvia thanks kiss
Happy Birthday bae... LLNP
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by oshajoe: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Fela Anikulapo Kuti,Mamman Shata,Awolowo
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by wazobia50(m): 7:17am On Oct 01, 2014
:oThesame set of politician hv bn ruling nija since 1960
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tonychristopher: 7:17am On Oct 01, 2014
0merta: "As a leader of the modern cast, Awolowo has left Nigeria standards which are indelible, standards beside which future aspirants to public leadership can be eternally measured. He was firm, articulate, painstaking, and uncompromising. He was, for a long time, the only Nigerian leader who enunciated principles and played down personalities. He was a brilliant political administrator and a most erudite teacher. He not only identified himself wholly with the aspirations of the Yoruba people of Nigeria but also he was able to convince the Yoruba people of Nigeria that he and only he epitomized the highest point of their political aspirations and consciousness. He was loved, he was feared but above all he belonged to the people he professed to lead. At his death I had the singular honour of proposing for him the epitaph that has endured – ‘he was the best President that Nigeria never had’..."

- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1987)

Awolowo never had anything to do with Nigerian standards but Yoruba standard...his legacy was to bestow tribalism

In a bid to catch up with igbos on education he introduced quantitative free education

Then out of depression he died a sad man

Rat poisoning and suicide
His widow has been insulted over and over by his tribes men

Now there is impostor trying to mimicking him tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by agabusta: 7:17am On Oct 01, 2014
Chief Obafemi Awolowo - that was a visionary leader. A leader who was well educated and highly intelligent. He wrote so many books including those of his visions, and was able to implement some of his thoughts in the area he had a sphere of influence.

The People's General, Gen Buhari (rtd). A no-nonsense leader that aims to bring sanity into the brain of Nigerians. He hated nepotism and corruption and sought to drive ethical values into Nigerians during his time.

Dora Akunyuli. She made her mark during her time here. Very hardworking and passionate woman.

Fela Anikulapo- stubborn govt critic that defied military govt and does not shy away from constantly embarrassing them, even at the risk of his own life. He went thru a lot, his Mum was killed, he was imprisoned, his house was ransacked... but he never stopped talking.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by tsolz400: 7:18am On Oct 01, 2014
tonychristopher: Odumegwu Ojukwu ...for making the world know that igbos are brave and can take on anybody without minding
Chinua Achebe ..detailing the Biafra war miasma in a unique way and poteaying Anambra and Igbo culture in general to the world
Innosson...for proving that Igbo can build cars
Ngozi Okonkwo obiagelli stella odua Dora akunyilli and this stock exchange woman at the head...they are showing the world the fine administrative skills of Igbo woman

Then my mum..for being there and taking care of us ...rest in peace mum

Dad rest in peace also but mum my hero

I wanted to bash you...
But after reading your comment to the end,all I av got to say is--"ONE LOVE bro"

Chop knuckles Atonle,in the spirit of the independence day celebration...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 01, 2014
How can we ever forget

The Greatest Nigerian Ever Liveth

The Greatest Nigerian Leader

The Man We Will Never Forget Forever and Ever

Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo(The Genius)

Is My Hero In The Past And Present.

Thank God For Chief Obafemi Awolowo Who Gave Us Free And Authentic Education(Not Chinese Product Oooooo) And Laid The Foundation For Infrastructural Development In Yorubaland.

We Became Educated And We Influenced Other Nigerians To Get Education

Chief Awolowo Is The Best Thing To Have Ever Happened To Nigeria.

RIP Chief.

You Are The Greatest.

Go Bless Yorubaland.

God Bless Nigeria.

Happy Independence To All Nairalanders.

Life Is Good.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Vikthor(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2014
Dora Akunyili
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2014
AWO, SARADUANA AND IKEMBA were all regional heroes.
To me the heroes we ever had in this country are
1. ZIK
2. HERBERT MACAULY
3. AMINU KANO
we have a hero in the waiting in the person of OWELLE ROCHAS OKOROCHA. Nigerians should give this man a chance and they never regret it.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by lionduke(m): 7:21am On Oct 01, 2014
chukwuemeka odimegwu ojukwu (ozo igbo ndu)
ikemba nnewi...
Dr adedavor

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 01, 2014
tonychristopher:

Awolowo never had anything to do with Nigerian standards but Yoruba standard...his legacy was to bestow tribalism

In a bid to catch up with igbos on education he introduced quantitative free education

Then out of depression he died a sad man

Rat poisoning and suicide
His widow has been insulted over and over by his tribes men

Now there is impostor trying to mimicking him tinubu

Ogbeni Tony,

Don't you think it's too early in the morning for this?

Anyway sha, it's your keyboard.

Happy Independence.

Cheers.
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Histrings08(m): 7:24am On Oct 01, 2014
Omotolu: Gideon Orkar is my hero.My greatest hero is me.
....haaaaaa!!! That man that led one of d most bloody coup..I hope you're not in nigeria army...
Re: Who Is Your Nigeria Hero: Past And Present? by Icon4s(m): 7:25am On Oct 01, 2014
Past: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
Present: My father (Also a former Biafran war lord)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Sits In Tyres On An Okada (Photos) / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo) / Truck Crushes Man's Car In Calabar, As He Goes To Ease Himself Inside Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.